Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

This was at least a year ago

whatever who cares time is fake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Alaois posted:

Shanna literally just got released for her bad attitude.

to be fair, it's not something anyone knew when she first came to the company, only a few months ago when she went full Marine LePen supporter

further, she got into it with one of the dark regulars and it almost came to blows in the back. Shanna is perfect for WWE.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I appreciate Tommy being political and saying creative writers were fine and Vince always liked him but lol, just lol, what the gently caress did you think was going on man

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Braun is exactly the kind of tall muscle hulk that Vince loves and people were hot on him back when he was flipping trucks to murder Roman with his bare hands. I sort of understand how they waste a lot of talent that doesn't fit their mold; I will never understand how they gently caress up the ones that are exactly what they supposedly want.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I was thinking about some of those WWE backstage things and the reports of how some of the talent were having series self-doubt issues with how their careers are going and mixing that with WWE's booking style of putting talent in positions that make them look terrible, and then effectively blaming them for not succeeding despite that and how much they seem to internalize it.

It's a downright abusive workplace.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

NutritiousSnack posted:

I thought Shanna turned out well, just not IVelisse

Her last match was when she was pissed that she had to put over Leyla Hirsch and legit slapped her and tried to make it into a shoot match - only problem was that Leyla was an experienced amateur wrestler and wrestled her down like a child.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 14 minutes!
Aleister Black is gonna do the Drake Maverick crybaby angle

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmfao good work sucking up to Vince Braun

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Lmao Tommy is saying reports that Vince was never high on him wasn't true.

being in that company rots your loving brain so bad.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Aleister Black is gonna do the Drake Maverick crybaby angle

He's 100% infected with the WWE brain worms and needs de-programmed.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
WWE Brain also seems to make you hate Dork Marksler.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Erebus posted:

Braun is exactly the kind of tall muscle hulk that Vince loves and people were hot on him back when he was flipping trucks to murder Roman with his bare hands. I sort of understand how they waste a lot of talent that doesn't fit their mold; I will never understand how they gently caress up the ones that are exactly what they supposedly want.

The only thing to count on in the WWF is that they are going to gently caress up and play to someone's weaknesses instead of their strengths. It happens to literally everyone.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Le Saboteur posted:

"plans change is bullshit" lmao

THIS GUY OF ALL PEOPLE TO SAY THAT

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DLC Inc posted:

I appreciate Tommy being political and saying creative writers were fine and Vince always liked him but lol, just lol, what the gently caress did you think was going on man

I love the new WWE releases because you can watch the deprogramming happen in real time

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

You need a figure to focus your two minutes hate around, why not big dork.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

karmicknight posted:

The only thing to count on in the WWF is that they are going to gently caress up and play to someone's weaknesses instead of their strengths. It happens to literally everyone.

they took away Sabu's chairs. like what the hell.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Also, yeah, Tommy End has not stepped into a ring since getting into the cult, so yeah he's going to have a lot of the WWF related interalized hell brain.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It is depressing watching people getting hosed over by WWE time and time again and still being completely unable to process whose fault it is.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Just howling at the thought of Tommy End writing up a 420 page life story for his character and presenting it to creative

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Erebus posted:

Braun was missing the 2nd-most important piece of the Vince puzzle which was "not having a Southern drawl"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JUNGLE BOY posted:

lmao Aleister saying that "rumors that my request to go to NXT was shutdown was 100% bullshit, i told vince about it and he said 'that's good, but i wanna try it this way first, then you could try going back to NXT', but it wasnt shutdown"

it'll take a little bit for WWE brain to go away

Sounds a lot like getting shutdown to me :thunkher:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah if Taz wasn't 5'9" he'd still have a job in WWE

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Minidust posted:

Braun was missing the 2nd-most important piece of the Vince puzzle which was "not having a Southern drawl"

....and yet he buried Brodie Lee for NOT having a southern drawl.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Vince is an incredible manipulator though, everyone comes out of WWE like Vince didn't fire me it was Johnny Ace who fired me. While also knowing that Vince is the be all end all decision maker at WWE their whole career.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

they've fired everyone who was in Wyatt Family, and also Bray Wyatt's entire family

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Drakkel posted:

....and yet he buried Brodie Lee for NOT having a southern drawl.

Look, you need to have the exact accent Vince McMahon thinks you should have based on a combination of racism, regionalism, his own trauma and control issues, and racism. If you don't thread that specific needle, you are doomed.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Tommy End is exactly who I thought he would be. He talks in like seven different directions at once and has fourteen different layers of headcanon for his character because he literally never stops thinking about poo poo in a creative, storytelling way. I love him.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the wwe is doomed

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Lol got Black to answer my question if he hated the wooden creaking in his entrance. He said he didn't hate it, it was just someone else in creatives idea.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Tommy End is cool with a cool name.

Enjoy ImpactTV, Tommy End

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

For one, the entire role of middle management in any company is to insulate the people who make actual decisions from any responsibilities or consequences, and for two, a huge part of your success in the WWE is predicated solely on if Vince McMahon likes you so it's real, real easy to alter your brain where he's concerned.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

wait I forgot that Randy was a Wyatt for a minute there. they've gotten rid of nearly all the Wyatts.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alaois posted:

Shanna literally just got released for her bad attitude.

to be fair, it's not something anyone knew when she first came to the company, only a few months ago when she went full Marine LePen supporter

I don't watch Dark - was there some heat between her and Leyla after a match? Did Shanna get mad for Leyla putting on a move snug or did she put a move on snug due to Shanna's bullshit?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Karma Tornado posted:

they've fired everyone who was in Wyatt Family, and also Bray Wyatt's entire family

Orton’s still there.

EDIT: gently caress yoooooouuu

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Majinfoose posted:

Yeah, no need for him to "transform" into a worse worker with knackered knees.

That's why you do it in reverse. Braun transforming into Silver.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

at least they still have The Fiend

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shard posted:

I don't watch Dark - was there some heat between her and Leyla after a match? Did Shanna get mad for Leyla putting on a move snug or did she put a move on snug due to Shanna's bullshit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PDOnHI1T2k&t=271s

Leyla says "Don't you ever slap me" because earlier in the match Shanna slapped her and I assume it wasn't gone over beforehand.

https://streamable.com/pzuvl8

And the finish of the match where it looks like Leyla locks in a shoot armbar to get her to tap.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

e: beaten

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Vince managing to pass the blame on to other when releasing talent is amazing though this time it may have some truth to it cause of Khan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Erebus posted:

Braun is a fattie by Vince standards and also he got over without permission, the greatest sin.