Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

someone give hoodslam a budget so they can do this (and dark shiek can live comfortably and put on indie classics)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pylons posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PDOnHI1T2k&t=271s

Leyla says "Don't you ever slap me" because earlier in the match Shanna slapped her and I assume it wasn't gone over beforehand.

https://streamable.com/pzuvl8

And the finish of the match where it looks like Leyla locks in a shoot armbar to get her to tap.

that's 4 minutes of a much larger opponent getting absolutely ragdolled.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

E:f,b

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Vince managing to pass the blame on to other when releasing talent is amazing though this time it may have some truth to it cause of Khan

There’s still that fact that if he liked you or saw anything in you, you wouldn’t constantly be buried.

Vince has no spine whatsoever.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

When does the slap happen I keep missing it skipping around.

EDIT: Nevermind found it. Yeah thats a slap that was not discussed. gently caress Shanna.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Pylons posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PDOnHI1T2k&t=271s

Leyla says "Don't you ever slap me" because earlier in the match Shanna slapped her and I assume it wasn't gone over beforehand.

https://streamable.com/pzuvl8

And the finish of the match where it looks like Leyla locks in a shoot armbar to get her to tap.

The whole match is weird, too. Like, at the start it seems like Leyla wants to work shoot-style with her (which isn't unusual, it's how she starts a lot of her matches) and Shanna either doesn't want to or doesn't know how, so Leyla just kind of does stuff to her. But then there's stuff later in the match that clearly wouldn't work right if they weren't still working together to some degree. I don't think that armbar is a shoot because even getting into it required a reversal off a move where Shanna could have just dumped Leyla on her head if she wanted to. But clearly something wasn't right and they both seemed pissed at the end.

I hadn't heard anything about heat between them afterwards though, but AEW does keep that poo poo in house, so who knows. It's not necessarily 100% what got her released but it couldn't have helped, along with her terrible social media presence.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shard posted:

2:12

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Shard posted:

EDIT: Nevermind found it. Yeah thats a slap that was not discussed. gently caress Shanna.

Leyla goes right the gently caress after her for it, too

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Enjoying the subtle storyline of Daniel Bryan being like the only person Nick Khan sees any real value in making sure they go nowhere else, if those NJPW partnership rumors were remotely true.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

The whole match is weird, too. Like, at the start it seems like Leyla wants to work shoot-style with her (which isn't unusual, it's how she starts a lot of her matches) and Shanna either doesn't want to or doesn't know how, so Leyla just kind of does stuff to her. But then there's stuff later in the match that clearly wouldn't work right if they weren't still working together to some degree. I don't think that armbar is a shoot because even getting into it required a reversal off a move where Shanna could have just dumped Leyla on her head if she wanted to. But clearly something wasn't right and they both seemed pissed at the end.

Watch the arm bar, it starts out worked and then you can see what looks like Leyla getting annoyed (presumably because Shanna isn’t tapping out as quickly as she ought to be), then she positions her other leg infront of Shanna’s free arm and right after that it looks like she twists the elbow of the arm she’s holding and she taps immediately.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Why keep Liv if you're bouncing Ruby? You're never going to use her, Ruby is a probably a hotter commodity elsewhere, just let them both go!

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Alaois posted:

to be fair, it's not something anyone knew when she first came to the company, only a few months ago when she went full Marine LePen supporter

:doit:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

History Comes Inside! posted:

Watch the arm bar, it starts out worked and then you can see what looks like Leyla getting annoyed (presumably because Shanna isn’t tapping out as quickly as she ought to be), then she positions her other leg infront of Shanna’s free arm and right after that it looks like she twists the elbow of the arm she’s holding and she taps immediately.

Yeah, I did notice her cranking it in at the end. And most of her opponents, at least on Dark, insta-tap to the armbar, so she also might have been pissed at Shanna holding out for too long.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

There’s still that fact that if he liked you or saw anything in you, you wouldn’t constantly be buried.

Vince has no spine whatsoever.

In a way the product right now probably is what Vince ideal vision of wrestling is. WWE doesn't need to pay attention to PPV/House show gates and change on the fly as all the money is guranteed. TV contract being locked in means ratings really don't matter. Vince can now push the product he wants all the time and doesn't need to change anything based on any feedback

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Grem posted:

Why keep Liv if you're bouncing Ruby? You're never going to use her, Ruby is a probably a hotter commodity elsewhere, just let them both go!

Liv's blonde

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Grem posted:

She's conventionally attractive

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rarity posted:

She's conventionally attractive

This and that she came in through Joe DeFranco or whatever

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I haven't caught up on the thread today, but I'm assuming all the chatter is about Aleister Black's cool new t-shirt now available for pre-order on shop.wwe.com, right?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
she came in through the joe defranco
protected by her silver spoon

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
At this point, I dunno if it matters who brought you in if Nick Khan is calling the shots as speculated

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Triple H sweating out massive amounts of hgh right now

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I don't think Nick is involved in creative beyond probably making it easier for WWE to get in outside celebrities like Bad Bunny

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Man, what a great Twitter account.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shayna Baszler posted:

the wwe is doomed
:feelsgood:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I usually think people are too hard on talent given the rotten system in place at WWF, but drat, it's remarkable how deep the brain rot can be for even the most mistreated talent. My months of non-use and stop-start pushes were just an unfortunate series of events, all the decision-makers there really liked me, they were totally going to let me go to NXT they just wanted me to do this one thing first,

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Almost certainly been said already in a better way but I just got home to a lot of posts I won't read: This is the first time in a long time I think WWE's been able to surprise me

Yeah, Braun's a fuckup, a bad person, is tall, doesn't give a gently caress what others think, laughed at indy talent being broke (and specifically did this during the plague), broke himself down for them, and actively stood up for all WWE did to him

All of that is stuff WWE loves and has made no secret of loving before

If none of that was enough to save his job long-term or get them to keep trying with him, it really does make me actually wonder who stands a chance there anymore

Also lmfao @ HHH. Nick Khan has been there 9 full months now and already 1) solidly has more power than him and 2) has done more with that power than he and Steph have pulled off in the prior decade

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
nick khan kicking trips to the curb before selling the company for scrap is everything i want

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Nick Khan bring back CM Punk, prove him wrong

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

tbh I think dudes should shoot and do all the tell alls they want because its not like WWE isn't going to ask for you when someone else puts you on TV.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Lana may pop up as a side thing in AEW, but she is absolutely gonna go back to her third-party/sponsorships that Vince outlawed.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

nick khan kicking trips to the curb before selling the company for scrap is everything i want

All I want is HHH to do an interview where he says that actually Nick Khan really liked him and it was someone else’s decision but he’s grateful for all the opportunities

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Orton’s still there.

EDIT: gently caress yoooooouuu

daniel bryan

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

Enjoying the subtle storyline of Daniel Bryan being like the only person Nick Khan sees any real value in making sure they go nowhere else, if those NJPW partnership rumors were remotely true.

I'd believe it. Danielson, whether Vince ever believed it or not, is a legit star on a level very few wrestlers manage. He's not quite a Cena or Rock, but him jumping ship would be very much like Bret Hart or Hall/Nash doing so, and would be a needle mover for either AEW or NJPW if they locked him down as an exclusive.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1400156984062754816?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Triple H gonna go from heir to the kingdom to Impact CEO in the space of 2 years

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Impact is owned by a competent (evil) corporation so no dice

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Miro in AEW is perfect right now and I don't think stands to gain anything from involving Lana in his stuff, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Bryan is not currently there, he is in contract limbo until somebody tricks him into thinking he can work both Smackdown and New Japan or Tony Khan backs a truck full of money and magic crystals up his driveway

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
We all thought WWE would buy Impact, but:

Scott D'amore: THE CONSORTIUM WAS ME!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Preorder your Aleister Black shirt here!

https://shop.wwe.com/collections/aleister-black/products/aleister-black-tales-of-the-dark-father-authentic-t-shirt