Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/MrGMSI_BCage/status/1400177046471385088?s=20

putting that respect on Fuego's name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ha ha ha this is a very funny joke that I definitely understood.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 2, 2021

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MJeff posted:

Unless this is :thejoke: he means Samuray.

:thejoke:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

We have Del Sol at home

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

The Butcher, The Blade, and The End.

AEW subtly starts growing a Snake Eater stable.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

AEW subtly starts growing a Snake Eater stable.

Somewhere in Jacksonville, Kenny Omega just sat bolt upright and locked eyes with Cody Rhodes.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Jake Roberts and Serpentico also sat bolt upright but for very different reasons

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Sha-la-sha-ska *clap clap clapclapclap*

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Gumball Gumption posted:

We have Del Sol at home

We also have Ruby Riott at home

Ruby Riott at home:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

New Librarians with Tommy "The Book" End

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Somewhere in Jacksonville, Kenny Omega just sat bolt upright and locked eyes with Cody Rhodes.

"Why did we blow off the loving Jon Moxley eyepatch angle SO SOON."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

New Librarians with Tommy "The Book" End

Oh my god

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Aren't Braun's knees held together with chewing gum and baling wire at this point?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

StarkRavingMad posted:

We also have Ruby Riott at home

Ruby Riott at home:

lmao @ the tattoo sleeve

pretty peter owns

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

This will be fun: https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1400210633426079744?s=19

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/andycomplains/status/1400198745526923264?s=21

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

Dustin's magic training is gonna make Lana into a good wrestler and it'll blow everyone's mind

Honestly I might lose my poo poo if Lana has a Tay Conti-esque transformation and becomes awesome to watch in the ring.

She was (at least as the Ravishing Russian) good on the mic so if AEW picked up Lana and she worked hard to improve, she could genuinely become a star.

It's weird, I was conditioned for years to think that bad wrestlers never really improved and then AEW has turned that on its head and suddenly I'm yelling "YOU CAN DO IT, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, TRAIN HARD, FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS" lmao

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

dromal phrenia posted:

Honestly I might lose my poo poo if Lana has a Tay Conti-esque transformation and becomes awesome to watch in the ring.

She was (at least as the Ravishing Russian) good on the mic so if AEW picked up Lana and she worked hard to improve, she could genuinely become a star.

It's weird, I was conditioned for years to think that bad wrestlers never really improved and then AEW has turned that on its head and suddenly I'm yelling "YOU CAN DO IT, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, TRAIN HARD, FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS" lmao

Wasn't Lana a gymnast? It's not a bad base to work with if so.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wasn't Lana a gymnast? It's not a bad base to work with if so.

So was Kris Statlander; though to be fair, Statlander is from another planet.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

HELL YES DARKS ARE GOING BACK TO 3 HOURS LONG BABY WOOOOOOO

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Aren't Braun's knees held together with chewing gum and baling wire at this point?

Yes, but there's always the chance that being away from WWE for a month and getting checked by a real doctor will reveal he's actually able to perform at peak performance.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I'm reminded of a wrestler (I think AJ Lee?) that was advised to keep a plate in her arm by WWE doctors, and a real doctor went "lol no, keeping that in actually contributed to your second break"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kunabomber posted:

I'm reminded of a wrestler (I think AJ Lee?) that was advised to keep a plate in her arm by WWE doctors, and a real doctor went "lol no, keeping that in actually contributed to your second break"

Chelsea Green.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MorningMoon posted:

Yes, but there's always the chance that being away from WWE for a month and getting checked by a real doctor will reveal he's actually able to perform at peak performance.

Turns out that warming up by having someone beat you in the kneecaps with a lead pipe before you come through the curtain is detrimental to your health, who’d have thought it.

Kunabomber posted:

That might be Chelsea Green since she’s just told pretty much the exact same story right after being released.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

boxcarhobo posted:

HELL YES DARKS ARE GOING BACK TO 3 HOURS LONG BABY WOOOOOOO

Source for this claim?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Mr. Squishy posted:

Source for this claim?

well i assume they have to put all these new hires somewhere and they only have 3 hours of tv, so

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I think the lesson to be learned is that on-staff doctors are about as helpful as HR staff in any corporation. They're not really there to help the workers, they're there to protect the company from lawsuits and if that means screwing the workers over? So be it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/FuegoDelSol/status/1400218273032065024

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hire Braun to job to Fuego.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

my main takeaway from today's news is I am so excited for the next Forbidden Door twitter promo. he's going to just laugh into the camera for three minutes.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing any of these recently released big names in AEW. Braun and PAC was fun for the two weeks where they were killing Enzo, but admittedly, WWE (and Braun himself) wore out a lot of goodwill I had for him. I think Buddy Murphy could have a nice landing spot in IMPACT unless Kenny really wants him in AEW more. I want that man to do both the G1 and BOSJ. Lana could be super fun if she does become a workrate wrestler after a few months with Dustin and co. Her and Miro would be fun again. And Heidi would loving rule in AEW, would love to see her and Kimber reconnect somewhere too.

But Tommy End, good god. I've wanted him in AEW for so long and now it could be a reality. One of the few remaining pieces of PROGRESS history that I adored that isn't a piece of poo poo. What I wouldn't give to see him and Chris Hero run it back too. He's a guy who I thought time and time again would manage to buck against WWE creative and become a star for them in a similar way that CM Punk did. But god, he was DOA'd so hard on the main roster after he split from Ricochet. I would scream if Tony shells out for Deathbed by Agoraphobic Nosebleed.

Normally I'd be in the camp of thinking AEW probably doesn't need anymore talent, but with Rampage coming in August, I'm fine with them adding more to the pool. Eventually I imagine there will come a time for them to stop, but there are just so many people in WWE I want to succeed elsewhere.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/allelitehorse/status/1400218452523204609?s=21

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Does WWE have the other Sumerian Death Squad guys?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lana should just be herself in AEW. Meaning Miros wife. She should debut by coming out with Penelope, who would be her friend with Miro and Kip being former friends, and cutting a big, sad promo about how since Miro left to AEW he's become a violent monster who gets joy from watching other people suffer, and it's a side of him she's never seen, and he's not the man she married... He's better and she LOVES it. Then she brutally murders Penelope and her and Miro make out in the ring.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 minutes!

The seasoned veteran… Shanna???

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Also Kong can't really offer much unless she wants to coach. I wish her well but they kept her for a LONG time after she realized she couldn't take bumps.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The seasoned veteran… Shanna???

15 years experience, so yeah.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Pylons posted:

15 years experience, so yeah.

this is like when i found out that Mel is a 13 year vet

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
shanna and ivellise should get together and then never get signed anywhere ever again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Also Kong can't really offer much unless she wants to coach. I wish her well but they kept her for a LONG time after she realized she couldn't take bumps.

kong getting released at this point is probably a 'she wants to retire from the industry' if she doesn't want to hang around and coach