Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I should buy stocks now so when the company sells and they go up in value I'll make out like a bandit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

what do they call HHH on Impact

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
The endgame if Nick Khan executes a palace coup is that Hunter and Steph get cashed out on some portion of their equity at an inflated sale price, stay on with favorable contracts for at least a year, transition to board seats etc. Funny, but unfortunately not *that* funny.

Unless Vince is trying to gently caress them over, which, lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I like the name Aleister Black more than I like Tommy End. Am I the only one?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Shard posted:

I should buy stocks now so when the company sells and they go up in value I'll make out like a bandit

WWE Stonks

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

I bought a lot of WWE stock today. I’m convinced they’re selling

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

King Bahamut posted:

The endgame if Nick Khan executes a palace coup is that Hunter and Steph get cashed out on some portion of their equity at an inflated sale price, stay on with favorable contracts for at least a year, transition to board seats etc. Funny, but unfortunately not *that* funny.

Unless Vince is trying to gently caress them over, which, lol

I don't think it's a poor assumption that HHH places more personal value on potentially running WWE. Financially he's already set for life.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
me: finance capitalism is toxic, corrosive, and destroys everything it touches

also me: i can look the other way just this once

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shard posted:

I don't think they are selling. Nick Khan is getting a bunch of his former clients and scumbag friends other companies wouldn't touch jobs, he's not planning for the short term.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

:hmmyes:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Ganso Bomb posted:

I like the name Aleister Black more than I like Tommy End. Am I the only one?

Now that you mention it, it does feel kind of like a reverse indie -> NXT name conversion

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
If you're convinced they're selling you either buy calls or shares because they're going to way up on a sale.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wwe finds baron corbin more valuable than braun lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

his heat powers the stamford building

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

No, he's probably just on a much cheaper contract.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

good on baron

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I don't think they are selling. Nick Khan is getting a bunch of his former clients and scumbag friends other companies wouldn't touch jobs, he's not planning for the short term.

Maybe he's banking on being the one to be kept on board and operating the company post-sale?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Train noise sound libraries are expensive

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Nick Khan said in an interview his first job out of college he was making $120k a year at law firm and quickly felt that was going no where.

He’s clearly someone trying to make money fast, he is not in it for the long haul.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

vince is gonna die holding the reins and his dumbass children will squabble over the bones like vultures after khan sells the corpse out from under them

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
I agree with the ambivalence over whether a sale is the plan, but presiding over a major media brand corporate reorganization, billion dollar TV rights deal, and sale of a public company at its peak valuation isn’t “short-termism,” it’s the stuff of business books and bigger CEO jobs in his future. Nick Khan’s resume isn’t whether you like the product, it’s WWE’s 10K

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
The likeliest explanation for everything remains continued cost cutting for an organization whose revenues are almost entirely static. Only one side of the balance sheet to really play with

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
I still don’t understand why any non-Wrestling entertainment company would be that interested in WWE. It’s not like you can do anything with the IP you inherit to rehash it and sell a load of new poo poo, a la a movie studio buying a comic books publisher or whatever. You just get a video library that feels like it’s exhausted of any interest, and a weak, tanking current product.

Though I think last time this came up the conclusion was ‘company buyouts are a good way for rich people to get even richer because money isn’t real’, so maybe it’s just that...

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Answers Me posted:

I still don’t understand why any non-Wrestling entertainment company would be that interested in WWE. It’s not like you can do anything with the IP you inherit to rehash it and sell a load of new poo poo, a la a movie studio buying a comic books publisher or whatever. You just get a video library that feels like it’s exhausted of any interest, and a weak, tanking current product.

Though I think last time this came up the conclusion was ‘company buyouts are a good way for rich people to get even richer because money isn’t real’, so maybe it’s just that...

WWE is still the most recognized name in professional wrestling and still gets the highest ratings for its main shows. Obviously they have competition on the rise right now but any of the major streaming companies would be quite interested in picking up an established brand like the WWE and everything that comes with the name.

With the advent of competition there is arguably more eyes on wrestling right now then there has been in years, so picking up an established brand and revitalizing it could potentially yield huge results.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 2, 2021

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Answers Me posted:

when you look at how expensive the tv/streaming deals are getting and that WWE is sitting $4.3 billion market cap, buying them instead of making more short term deals starts to make sense

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Downfall but without the Holocaust

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
https://twitter.com/WrestleTalk_TV/status/1400111590645567493?s=20

Bray Wyatt movie trilogy NOW

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Company that can't plan things two weeks in advance wants to become like company that planned out a literal decades-long series.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

uuuuuughhhh

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
big e is trending on twitter, did they announce another round of cuts

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Answers Me posted:

the McMahons get paid
the tape library gets repacked into streaming content to pad out the THOUSANDS OF HOURS OF CONTENT advertising that streaming services are leaning on
and honestly, getting the WWE brands in new hands would be an improvement even if its a bunch of milquetoast ivy league losers.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bahahahahaha this is going to be such a trainwreck

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Answers Me posted:

The idea with the Peacock content is that the WWE network was never gonna draw lapsed fans back to the current content because they're not gonna sign up for WWE network in the first place. But if someone who watched 20 years ago can stumble across Royal Rumble 1999 by chance on a streaming service they already subscribe to they might then get back into the product.

So then from Comcast's side if you're already paying billions for the library and TV shows because streaming services need constant new content, why wouldn't you just buy the whole company.

And for Vince, why are you still running your company day in day out at 75 when you could cash out and die having bought your wrestling competition and sold for more than UFC.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

flatluigi posted:

Aleister Black just started a feud with Big E before getting cut.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

the portals open up at the end of avengers endgame but its vince mcmahon's talking rear end walking out

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Kunabomber posted:

Aleister Black just started a feud with Big E before getting cut.

gotcha

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

flatluigi posted:

apparently he was going to feud with aliaster and shot a bunch of stuff for it

https://twitter.com/BossMoz/status/1400115417914363905

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Ah yes the most popular character in cinema, the Marvel brand.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say this could actually work.

IF.

IF.

IIIIIFFFFFFFF.

You dump Vince and all his horrible shithead kids, carny buddies, hangers on and general yes men and buttsuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Because Vince is a dementia riddled workaholic.