Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

mrmcd posted:

https://gothamist.com/news/dissent-threatens-implode-dianne-moraless-mayoral-campaign

So this basically tells me 1) Morales' campaign is totally broke and 2) She is probably absolutely terrible at running any organization of more than like 15 people. It seems the lovely people in question did eventually get fired but after like 3 days of just absolute chaos on her campaign and all the most senior people leaving. The rest of the article is just her pitching excuses like "well I didn't know but once I knew I decided to do something" and "well we've had a lot of people join recently".

Oh yeah that "want to vote for her" was firmly in the past tense. If you're running as the leftiest lefty and you get into a labor dispute with your team so you fire a bunch of them, you need to give a really good reason on the spot, and as far as I read this morning, she still hadn't really explained it beyond insisting that she supports the union. Whether or not I'd believe a sufficiently good explanation at this point, the messaging incompetence on display is De Blasioesque.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

betaraywil posted:

Oh yeah that "want to vote for her" was firmly in the past tense. If you're running as the leftiest lefty and you get into a labor dispute with your team so you fire a bunch of them, you need to give a really good reason on the spot, and as far as I read this morning, she still hadn't really explained it beyond insisting that she supports the union. Whether or not I'd believe a sufficiently good explanation at this point, the messaging incompetence on display is De Blasioesque.

Yeah I mean it's plausible they got laid off because of the whole "there's no more money so y'all are part of the people getting cut" but then when a reporter asks questions to respond with "I have no idea why we fired those people in particular lol" is just... pretty bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

they might be cash strapped but theyre still spending money on consultants...here's a cool comparison chart i saw yesterday. wiley doesn't have that much more total funds than morales but is spending a lot of it on wages for staff, its possible to do!

from here: https://www.thecity.nyc/2021/5/27/22457597/dianne-morales-staff-implosion-mayoral-campaign

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

why no mention of Art Chang on the joke ballots

betaraywil posted:

3) Garcia until Tuesday, when footage comes out of her feeding a baby to a pit of factory farmed hogs

https://twitter.com/RossBarkan/status/1397162225492692996

maybe New Yorker politicians just have to love charter schools and the NYPD, at least on the campaign trail

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Maximo Roboto posted:

why no mention of Art Chang on the joke ballots
https://twitter.com/RossBarkan/status/1397162225492692996

maybe New Yorker politicians just have to love charter schools and the NYPD, at least on the campaign trail

Donovan got arrested at a BLM protest, so at least he's not pro NYPD?

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Donovan got arrested at a BLM protest, so at least he's not pro NYPD?

I have also been told that the $100k apartment thing is correct in a very wonky way that it's not worth my time to understand, but it's evidence of having too much expertise instead of too little. But then there's all the other gross poo poo.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I'm sorry, NYC, looks like you're stuck with trash. Good news is that we in upstate are also stuck with trash, so it all balances out.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
lmao I'm just not voting, this is insane.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm glad RCV will let me vote for the 5 people I hate the least, which is a big improvement over voting for the 1 person I hate the least

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I go to the voting booth, and reluctantly start to fill in the dot next to Wiley's name, only to see the tape next to it uncurl, revealing Coyote as a giant bird cage falls on top of me

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

mrmcd posted:

Yeah I mean it's plausible they got laid off because of the whole "there's no more money so y'all are part of the people getting cut" but then when a reporter asks questions to respond with "I have no idea why we fired those people in particular lol" is just... pretty bad.

lol isn’t the campaign over in a month anyways? Everyone in this looks loving stupid. I don’t understand a unionizing push for a job that won’t exist in a month

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Adun posted:

lol isn’t the campaign over in a month anyways? Everyone in this looks loving stupid. I don’t understand a unionizing push for a job that won’t exist in a month

every worker should be in a union

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Adun posted:

. I don’t understand a unionizing push for a job that won’t exist in a month

we know

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

In Training posted:

every worker should be in a union

What workers? There's no campaign in a month. I guess less than that since it's dead now

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
and don't get me started on those teachers! a union when you get summers off!?!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Dianne4NYC/status/1399718631630639120

:hmmno:

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

QUEER FRASIER posted:

I thought ranked choice voting would make the typical 'lesser of two evils' 'hold your nose' voting experience more palatable, but jesus I genuinely don't want to put any of these disgusting losers on my ballot, much less five of them.

I feel vindicated in my choice to not vote now

indiscriminately
Jan 19, 2007
When I do it, that means it is not union busting.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
to the pundits asking what's the big deal about a job that will be over in a month being unionized: eat poo poo gently caress you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

to the pundits asking what's the big deal about a job that will be over in a month being unionized: eat poo poo gently caress you

this.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

KomradeX posted:

I feel vindicated in my choice to not vote now

Vote for Paperboy Prince

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You can still write-in, and it will have about the same effect as under FPTP voting

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

My write in for ranked choice voting

1) That statue of Lenin on the Lower East Side

2) A random homeless person

3) Pizza Rat

4) Mr. Met

5) The sawdust from Mcsorely's

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
This is too complicated. I'm voting for Stringer, because his fatal flaw is being a sex pest, and that is classic and easy for me to understand.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind

Just got the voter guide, and gently caress the mayoral race. Who's everybody got for Comptroller?

I got a call from Brad Lander telling me that CoJo is only in it to keep his name alive until he can run for mayor, so I should vote for the guy whose life goal is to be a reliable steward of public funds, which is a pretty good pitch. On the same basis, I'm also feeling this lady whose bullet points are all about things the comptroller actually does and whose background information is "N/A." Real nerdlinger energy, Terri Liftin.

I'm also open to the guy who seems to be a high school student, as well as Reshma Patel, near as I can tell the only one who mentions direct experience in the comptroller's office

Eta the worst guy in my council district (and we have a guy running on the healing power of yoga):

betaraywil has issued a correction as of 01:37 on Jun 3, 2021

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
John that's seven issues. You were supposed to list three.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

betaraywil posted:

Eta the worst guy in my council district (and we have a guy running on the healing power of yoga):

“…and homeowners in our community, like Amazon”

accidentally a little too honest there, guy

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice

betaraywil posted:

Just got the voter guide, and gently caress the mayoral race. Who's everybody got for Comptroller?

I got a call from Brad Lander telling me that CoJo is only in it to keep his name alive until he can run for mayor, so I should vote for the guy whose life goal is to be a reliable steward of public funds, which is a pretty good pitch. On the same basis, I'm also feeling this lady whose bullet points are all about things the comptroller actually does and whose background information is "N/A." Real nerdlinger energy, Terri Liftin.

I'm also open to the guy who seems to be a high school student, as well as Reshma Patel, near as I can tell the only one who mentions direct experience in the comptroller's office

I went to a Brad Lander/Biaggi fundraiser, Lander seemed to have pretty good ideas. I'll probably vote for him for comptroller.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I had a thought the last time I got a proxy vote email for something I owned one share of stock in as to if municipal pension funds get to vote as shareholders. Turns out they do and that the comptroller's office is the one that casts those votes. sorry if this was common knowledge, but the comptroller election is huge for corporate governance.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

https://twitter.com/bagga_sid/status/1400170971823185920?s=19

:coal::coal::coal::coal::coal::coal::coal::coal:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

obviously all the nuclear yimby's complaining so much that they are using more oxygen.
sad.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

humanity deserves whats coming

Madd0g11
Jun 14, 2002
Bitter Vet
Lipstick Apathy

Gunshow Poophole posted:

humanity deserves whats coming

Nuke the whales... wait Japan is doing that with fukushima water.

We could end all this bullshit with nuke power.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Madd0g11 posted:

Nuke the whales... wait Japan is doing that with fukushima water.

We could end all this bullshit with nuke power.

We could maybe, if we're incredibly effective at a rapid transition, avoid worst case projections with nuclear. Of course, there doesn't seem to be any political will to do the obviously correct thing. So it goes.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I saw this on YouTube tonight.

Just absolutely deranged poo poo

https://youtu.be/XzvOYR3LUWw

Like there's a few valid problems brought up but I get the feeling that they don't actually care about thise issues

KomradeX has issued a correction as of 16:12 on Jun 7, 2021

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Did you mean to post Gundam sakuga?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

Did you mean to post Gundam sakuga?

No I didn't meant to post this

https://youtu.be/XzvOYR3LUWw

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
lol at "the affluent have left and they're not coming back" cited as a reason the city has supposedly gone downhill

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i convinced two friends yesterday to vote paperboy prince as their number 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted: