Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

what if the existence of mossad creates a pogrom against jews in order for a country to try an rid itself of mossad influence

pogroms existed before mossad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1399809709599821831?s=20
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1399965556682412032?s=20

yeah, start a war with an actual country, I'm sure you'll win this time

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
nuke tel aviv

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

human garbage bag posted:

pogroms existed before mossad

a violent fanatical state of israel also existed in the past. their fanaticism didn't help them much when the roman empire rolled through

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

OK baizuo posted:

So did Ireland ever expell the Israeli ambassador or did they wuss out?

they wussed out

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Now they have the Samson option, so if you don’t help them win every war they provoke forever, they’ll nuke you just for being neutral if they lose.

This is also a great way to fight antisemitism.

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

a violent fanatical state of israel also existed in the past. their fanaticism didn't help them much when the roman empire rolled through

It was G*d's punishment. Israel will accept the messiah when he returns now (he has already returned).

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Atrocious Joe posted:

yeah, start a war with an actual country, I'm sure you'll win this time

Fuckit, don't care anymore, let's get WW3 going and hasten the imperial collapse

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Didn't someone in a past version of this thread, say the Samson Option was an anti-semetic conspiracy theory with no proof?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

if i die in a global conflagration it means i don't have to bother getting my life together, so who can say if its bad or not,

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

KomradeX posted:

Didn't someone in a past version of this thread, say the Samson Option was an anti-semetic conspiracy theory with no proof?

Here you go.

Continuity RCP posted:

the samson option is a made up thing

Main Paineframe posted:

that's not the Samson Option, though

the Samson Option is ultra-nationalist writers daydreaming about a defeated Israel nuking not only its enemies but every other nuclear power as well, to punish the foolish Gentiles for failing to come to the rescue of mighty Israel

Concerned Citizen posted:

there is a very common anti-semitic trope about israel using its nukes on european capitals (supposedly to 'avenge the holocaust') so main paineframe isn't wrong, but yeah i think samson option generally refers to taking down israel's neighbors in the event that its conventional forces are overrun

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

oh ok my mistake

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

skooma512 posted:

oh ok my mistake

did you immediately change your view because you read a couple posts with a different view

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

did you immediately change your view because you read a couple posts with a different view

I didn’t know there was a whole thing around it, so I’m not as sure anymore.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lord of Pie posted:

they wussed out

Disappoining but they probably had good reason to fear terrorist reprisal from the Mossad, Israel is a rogue genocidal state after all

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Here you go.

Ahh yes, thank you. I had forgotten who exactly it was so now I'm questioning it. Because maybe ita not policy, but as Israel gets more openly fascist yeah I can 100% believe they'd use a few on European cities out of spite, along with as many Arab cities as they could target

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The early mentions of "the samson option" are certainly just psycho analyzing Israelis as suicidal martyrs. And even then it just mentions nuclear weapons as a means of last resort.

The whole chapter doesn't say anything about some revenge nuke the entire world. Israel would only be interested in nuking the Soviet Union to deter it from providing any aid to Arab states.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Pogroms are in Israels interest. Israel gets å temporær boost of sympatgy that can be used to cover for more landtheft. And they get New Jewish immigrants to settle the stolen land. Population is Power even in 2021. So logically if i wad the boss of mossad i would be funding ever neonazi group i could find and providing them with weapons and encouragement.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Baudolino posted:

Pogroms are in Israels interest. Israel gets å temporær boost of sympatgy that can be used to cover for more landtheft. And they get New Jewish immigrants to settle the stolen land. Population is Power even in 2021. So logically if i wad the boss of mossad i would be funding ever neonazi group i could find and providing them with weapons and encouragement.

seems like an action that could lead to serious blowback. im not an expert tho

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
of course zionism is anti semitic, the state was founded because the nations helping found it didn't want too many jews in their borders. cursed concept

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

OK baizuo posted:

Disappoining but they probably had good reason to fear terrorist reprisal from the Mossad, Israel is a rogue genocidal state after all

The amendment to call for sanctions and expel the ambassador was added by the furthest left parties in Ireland and as such, it was not going to be agreed to by the centrist and right wing parties. So that got shot down, not because the centre and right in Ireland think Israel is ok, but for business reasons, diplomatic reasons (this would piss off the EU) and to tell the left to go gently caress themselves as usual.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it’s amazing how well the iranian navy has done with their rust buckets

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

https://twitter.com/MairavZ/status/1400177256614567939

new centrism just dropped

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Israel wants to be the world depicted in hit film Starship Troopers, like how in the dystopian future everyone speaks good American.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

human garbage bag posted:

Does it though? Anti-whiteism has little value in the world, but whites are very safe in many countries, because the major white powers will come to the assistance of any whites who get oppressed. The existence of the Mossad would make any government official think twice before launching a pogrom against jews.

shut the gently caress up john le carre nobody scared of the mossad boogeyman

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Israel really is America Jr. Can't wait for Diverse Zionism
https://twitter.com/Nadav_Eyal/status/1400160303627882499?s=20
https://twitter.com/abgutman/status/1400187169080291333?s=20

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I'm glad the Palestinians can rise above their station in life only to one day betray their fellow man for a bit of power and money and pretend they aren't next.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

really queer Christmas posted:

I'm glad the Palestinians can rise above their station in life only to one day betray their fellow man for a bit of power and money and pretend they aren't next.

They never had to chance to watch Trumo's snake bedtime story.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Lostconfused posted:

The early mentions of "the samson option" are certainly just psycho analyzing Israelis as suicidal martyrs. And even then it just mentions nuclear weapons as a means of last resort.

The whole chapter doesn't say anything about some revenge nuke the entire world. Israel would only be interested in nuking the Soviet Union to deter it from providing any aid to Arab states.

Yeah not going to read this and Israel deserves less benefit of the doubt than Isis.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I wouldn't trust anything from Norman Podhoretz.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The whole concept of a "Samson Option" is stupid and unrealistic.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

etalian posted:

Israel wants to be the world depicted in hit film Starship Troopers, like how in the dystopian future everyone speaks good American.

"Im from Tel Aviv and I say kill 'em all!"

"yes yes, we know"

apatheticman has issued a correction as of 22:35 on Jun 2, 2021

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
99% chance Mossad has profiles on everyone in this thread.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Chuka Umana posted:

99% chance Mossad has profiles on everyone in this thread.

100% chance they should kiss my rear end

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I hope they got my good side.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The whole concept of a "Samson Option" is stupid and unrealistic.

Is it really any stupider than any other nuclear war plan?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

KomradeX posted:

Is it really any stupider than any other nuclear war plan?

Yes.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Spergin Morlock posted:

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Considering the US's only war plan for decades was nuke every communist country regardless if we're at war with them I don't really think it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Spergin Morlock posted:

This is the most antisemetic thing ive ever seen