Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

TeenageArchipelago posted:

I mean Podesta is certainly a type of phile whose obsessed with abductions

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

The Saucer Hovers posted:

watch and marvel as i deny coevilness to the majority of living humans by explaining how science disproves ghosts

science: i have no way to explain or really even describe consciousness

also science: ghosts are some baby rear end poo poo yall, embarrassing really

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

*shaves pubes into a whispy pentagram* ghost blowjob when

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

The reason major publications are all reporting on it earnestly all of a sudden is it snowballed from the video declassificafion and now gets tons of clicks, op

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
why are you guys talking poo poo about ghosts all of a sudden. Did you get haunted by a mean one

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

why is it that low hanging skepticism takes hierarchy for granted in their epistemology? oh wait thats right its because its just a way to dunk on the other and prove how well conformed one is

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

blatman posted:

alien ships show up as airplanes, balloons and birds on camera because that's how their cloaking device disguises them and ghosts are real but they only ever haunt houses with carbon monoxide leaks

checks out, because as we know birds aren't real

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
birds are friends and wouldn’t abduct us so it’s pretty easy to tell if it’s a bird or not

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
Birds have assisted in every major assassination within the USA. Lee Harvey Oswald? lifted to great heights to no scope the president.

The guy who shot Abraham Lincoln? Absolutely some kind of bird as he flew down from the balcony seating to the ground floor.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
new navy pilot video just dropped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPvmIxu-LSA

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I'm not saying it isn't a problem

Holy gently caress

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i wonder how many other close calls we just havent seen

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/Aviation_Intel/status/1400128944758611974

the UFOs are (mostly) just chinese and russian intelligence drones

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

idk about navy, really looks more like the marines based on that clip.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

But enough from the nyt

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Are the drones modded out with sick rims and vinyl flames?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Fast 10: Drone Drifting

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Armadillo Tank posted:

maybe they could figure out how to turn off the blinken light

quote:

The quad copter was described as approximately 5 feet long by about 3 feet wide, with a single green flashing LED light

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/34800/the-night-a-drone-swarm-descended-on-palo-verde-nuclear-power-plant

quote:

Four (4) drones were observed flying beginning at 2051 MST [on Sept. 30, 2019] and continuing through the time of this report (2113 MST). As occurred last night, the drones are flying in, through, and around the owner controlled area, the security owner controlled area, and the protected area. Also, as last night, the drones are described as large with red and white flashing lights. Spotlights have not been noted tonight.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
What do we think of this?

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/966-ufo-chronicles-podcast-47503680/episode/ep100-the-pentyrch-ufo-incident-80496101/

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

not familiar with it but I’ll give it a listen. kinda leery just based on the description tho

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

it’s uh

kinda weird I guess?

she starts going on about the royal mint and ‘regression’

strange that she and others were so close didn’t record anything

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

The "there's video but here are screenshots from the video" thing sets off my bullshit alarm. If he got to the crash site before the military, or after some military but before other military, that description is confusing, I want to see the whole video.

Aircraft crashes are very messy affairs, and there's no way that short of bringing in heavy machinery and scooping up the topsoil whole that they wouldn't find bits and pieces still there.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Armadillo Tank posted:

I have a hard time believing that police would have the restrain to not fire wildly at the drone. It must have been painted white.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I only got 20 minutes in but lmao at the idea of all that poo poo happening in wales and only two people notice.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They're used to aliens in Wales because Dr. Who was filmed there for decades in that one quarry.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

WEH posted:

I only got 20 minutes in but lmao at the idea of all that poo poo happening in wales and only two people notice.

Okay, I got through the whole thing.

Reminds me a lot of "classic" experiencer stories from the 70s and 80s, honestly. Basically her claim boils down to her having seen a pyramid UFO, accompanied by orb UFOs, all of which came out of what she interpreted as a dimensional portal. She was scanned by one of the orbs, had missing time, and then saw the military shoot down one of the UFOs. After that, she saw various shadowy governmental agents working to cover it up.

The host asks if she'd be willing to undergo regression hypnosis to figure out what happened and she says she would, so be ready for some crazyass updates when that happens. She was already talking about the interdimesional aliens and a message of peace, so I'm sure that she'll have a bunch more of that fleshed out once she uh, "recovers" those memories.

She talks a lot about passing 3 polygraphs and honestly, I'll buy that. She does come across as believing what she's saying, and there is a second witness who at least corroborates there was some weird poo poo happening in the sky.

As for what I think, there's a very plausible skeptical explanation that says she saw odd military tech in the sky, that something did crash, which the military then recovered covertly, and she's spun it out into a battle with extradimensional aliens after reading about UFOs to try to figure out what she saw.

I hate being dismissive of someone's lived experience, but I do find the whole "only two people saw this?" question to be persuasive. I mean, this is the same rough area as the Berwyn Mountain UFO Incident, which has a similar narrative and also happened in Wales, or the Shag Harbour Incident, which has a similar timetable and took place on a rural coastline but also had a shitload of witnesses.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

as always, the military thinks “how can we kill people with this?”

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
Yessssss fusion becomes real and ubiquitous but we can't help but blow ourselves up with it (SMW?? lmao)

this is the future physicists want :colbert:

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

PawParole posted:

Funny that Pais is also the guy who was in charge of analyzing the alien artifacts.

not like aliens can get a noble prize anyway.

“ If we can engineer the local quantum vacuum state (vacuum energy state), we can manipulate a physical system’s inertial and gravitational properties.”

some mass effect poo poo

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

PawParole posted:

Z-pinch with a Fusion twist is my fetish

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

PawParole posted:

this is classified at the same level as "branch picnic schedule", completely meaningless

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

why is it that low hanging skepticism takes hierarchy for granted in their epistemology? oh wait thats right its because its just a way to dunk on the other and prove how well conformed one is

"why is are the mean people using basic fact checking against me whenever I tell them psychic aliens tell me to draw a pentagram out of poo poo"

"Lol you don't believe bigfoot is an interdimensional messenger here to tell us to live laugh love, such a conformist"

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Butternubs posted:

"why is are the mean people using basic fact checking against me whenever I tell them psychic aliens tell me to draw a pentagram out of poo poo"

"Lol you don't believe bigfoot is an interdimensional messenger here to tell us to live laugh love, such a conformist"

I bet you're a blast at parties.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Azathoth posted:

I bet you're a blast at parties.

got em

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Azathoth posted:

I hate being dismissive of someone's lived experience, but I do find the whole "only two people saw this?" question to be persuasive. I mean, this is the same rough area as the Berwyn Mountain UFO Incident, which has a similar narrative and also happened in Wales, or the Shag Harbour Incident, which has a similar timetable and took place on a rural coastline but also had a shitload of witnesses.

If she had said she just saw the UFOs I would've probably stuck around because hey, they do that, but nobody taking notice of an E-3 and a pair of C-130s(?) buzzing around at low altitude is absurd even if it was like 2 am. And it sounds like those were just the start of the military aircraft that ended up bombing around.

I'm less charitable and usually assume witnesses like her are just making poo poo up for cash and/or exposure, because they all tend to tick the same boxes thematically and there's money in the game if you can get a foot in the door. On the other hand, if she's trying to sell anything I'm not finding it.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

WEH posted:

If she had said she just saw the UFOs I would've probably stuck around because hey, they do that, but nobody taking notice of an E-3 and a pair of C-130s(?) buzzing around at low altitude is absurd even if it was like 2 am. And it sounds like those were just the start of the military aircraft that ended up bombing around.

I'm less charitable and usually assume witnesses like her are just making poo poo up for cash and/or exposure, because they all tend to tick the same boxes thematically and there's money in the game if you can get a foot in the door. On the other hand, if she's trying to sell anything I'm not finding it.

Yeah, if I could open a dimensional portal and see what actually happened, I'd bet that she saw some weird lights in the sky, almost certainly from the military exercise, possibly saw them out picking up a downed drone or whatever, read some Linda Moulton Howe or similar and the story morphed pretty quickly into what she told there.

I'll be charitable and believe that she actually thinks what she's saying is true, but that's really neither here nor there. She could just as easily be knowingly spinning bullshit for the attention.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
if you're coming to this thread to tell people that they can't gently caress an alien, that they will never gently caress an alien, just pause and reflect on the importance of kindness and empathy in all of our lives

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Armadillo Tank posted:

What in god's name would the Chinese learn from flying over Arizona? That it's a giant, picturesque meth-house filled with the most insane white people who will have to migrate to Idaho in 10 years when it become uninhabitable? Then their military spending must be even stupider than ours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

What in god's name would the Chinese learn from flying over Arizona? That it's a giant, picturesque meth-house filled with the most insane white people who will have to migrate to Idaho in 10 years when it become uninhabitable? Then their military spending must be even stupider than ours.

it says the drone was spotted over a natural gas pipeline terminal and near an air force base