Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I don't see what's weird about Kazuha. Seems like he'll play a lot like Sucrose but give damage % instead of EM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Going full EM on him is an option and that part isn't confusing (it seems ok, sidegrade to Sucrose depending on how his skill is actually implemented). It's what to do with him if you want to take advantage of his extremely hefty E damage. The way you'd normally build him is just as a burst bot, using him for E is odd but the numbers are so good that you want to try to do it.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
That's going to depend on how long it takes to execute his e.

Edit: People use Sucrose's E in rotations as well, so I still don't see how this is different or weird.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 3, 2021

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

No Wave posted:

The old one was really good.

Here's the comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hiHgj1S_Yo

I mean I moved Barabara out of my teams a long time ago but I agree that the updated lines are a huge downgrade. She lost all personality and energy and the lines don't sync with the animations.

Barbara was already bad for mechanical reasons but now she's unplayable on aesthetics, too!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
She's getting a buff with that cute duck outfit

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah she'll look gorgeous farming bond somewhere in the back of my teapot

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Paimon's va is an unqualified home run, what gets me about English is every npc sounding like the same person doing different silly voices.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I think Paimon works as intended. Voice and all. But you can't fault people for not liking the annoying sidekick when they are successfully annoying.

For Paimon's part, I don't think people would have liked Venti as much as a character if he wasn't constantly trolling the poo poo out of Paimon. And the whole "Hehe" "Hehe te nandayo!" scene wouldn't have worked if Paimon didn't have an insuferably squeaky voice.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Venti is a drunk and the only bad thing about him is they never clipped the VA from the special program saying "I'm the best five star ever!" and put it in the game as one of his barks.

Tanreall posted:

Edit: People use Sucrose's E in rotations as well, so I still don't see how this is different or weird.

The only weird thing about Kazuha is where his niche fits in. If I want to battery Xiao I want that sweet doublecast (and triple, with sac frag) Sucrose E. If I need all the suck I want Venti. If I need a VV applicator, and I'm not running Bennet/Diona, then I want Jean to save a slot. Kazuha seems like he has much higher damage potential but outside of quickswap I don't know where he fits into normal teams.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
There are other teams like what I run with Bennett, Chongyun, Xingqiu, and Sucrose where he might be better but we'll see what he looks like when he comes out.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

So apparently Kazuha's ascension mat is gonna be from the new puppet boss. This pattern of introducing a new boss to go with the latest 5* and not redistributing the rest of the characters doesn't seem very sustainable.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

gandlethorpe posted:

So apparently Kazuha's ascension mat is gonna be from the new puppet boss. This pattern of introducing a new boss to go with the latest 5* and not redistributing the rest of the characters doesn't seem very sustainable.

I think they're just introducing a second boss for every element. Anemo wasn't particularly in need of one, mind you, but I doubt it's a coincidence there are six characters that take Pyrovine mats while the two newest Pyro characters (Hu Tao and Yanfei) take materials from a different boss.

Players will have to do more boss grinding as the character roster expands. Assigning newer characters to new bosses adds novelty and variation, even if it does split up the drop tables.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yeah it was fun grinding the heck out of the new cube for Eula. Much better fight than the geoshitter. The samurai guy doesn’t look as fun but who knows. It doesn’t take that long to get boss mats anyways, idk.

Also I’ve played two hours of Honkai and it seems pretty cool help.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

like prior to Primo you just had elemental bosses. Primo comes in and establishes this fuzzy regional divide where only the post-Primo Liyue characters are using his mats. also ignore how the gem drops for this boss suck, notably excluding anemo, because it's the poster child for conversion recipes :rolleyes:. Cryo Hypo comes after and splits potential cryo characters into two pools...except Kenki is a dual anemo/cryo boss that seems just as likely to give Ayaka's mats as Cryo Hypo. with further "regional" bosses and them continuing to split the elemental pools in half (data on a Pyro Hypo exists), you have each new character going down a flowchart to settle on what mats they use.

does it really matter beyond just being kind of annoying, like how they release new weekly bosses that have one or more useless skill mats for weeks/the entire patch? not really i suppose. i don't think you could reasonably be hitting A6's fast enough to really have a stock of wasted overflow mats, just because of conversion and all the passive sources.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i want kazuha because i already have jean and xiao so might as well make it a hat trick (i didnt pull for venti because i already have ZL and dont wanna make the game TOO dumbed down :v:)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've fought the ice cube 4 times and I can't imagine finding it less annoying than anything else. It goes from vulnerable to the next phase way too quickly in my opinion.

And because of the cold mechanic of Dragonspine as well, that makes it worse than the Anemo cube too.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Cryocube is fun to fight because it can be melted. When my Klee gets the EM bonus from Widsith, I chunk about 1/3 of it's health with charge attacks.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Cryocube is fun to fight because it can be melted. When my Klee gets the EM bonus from Widsith, I chunk about 1/3 of it's health with charge attacks.

At best I get 10k damage on Diluc's skill so uh, that explains why I'm having so much trouble.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Hydro is of course in the unenviable position of needing a new boss and new characters, please release more hydros mhy

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

What that sounds like, now that I think about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e22sneeC1ew

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jun 3, 2021

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

AweStriker posted:

Hydro is of course in the unenviable position of needing a new boss and new characters, please release more hydros mhy
hosed up that we have multiple characters of the same element and now even weapon combos (Xinyan, Hu Tao, Yanfei, Eula, Kazuha, etc.) but we still do not have a single Hydro Claymore or Polearm character.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
We still have a pyro polearm and pyro archer in the near future

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Please retroactively make Ninggaung into a dual archer/catalyst character. Let her aim her geodes.

Or when they make the Geo archer have them shoot javelins instead.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

RareAcumen posted:

At best I get 10k damage on Diluc's skill so uh, that explains why I'm having so much trouble.

If your Diluc only does 10k on the ice cube, I think there are some issues (i.e. your artifacts). More or less, you should be forcing its final phase in one rotation with a pyro dps unit.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Flair posted:

If your Diluc only does 10k on the ice cube, I think there are some issues (i.e. your artifacts). More or less, you should be forcing its final phase in one rotation with a pyro dps unit.

I think the hourglass might only be level 12 but everything else is 16 and I've got a crit dmg helmet. And he's got the crimson witch 4 set bonus.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

RareAcumen posted:

I think the hourglass might only be level 12 but everything else is 16 and I've got a crit dmg helmet. And he's got the crimson witch 4 set bonus.

I am unsure what your AR is at, but you should have +20 for your DPS units. Your substats could also explain why, and your weapon/talent levels could also be an issue. (It can also be your team.) Nonetheless, I know Diluc does not have the animation cancels like Klee or Hu Tao, so that could also be a factor, but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-bq_5s-B7w. Highly invested but a reasonable range even for a F2P Diuc.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Flair posted:

I am unsure what your AR is at, but you should have +20 for your DPS units. Your substats could also explain why, and your weapon/talent levels could also be an issue. (It can also be your team.) Nonetheless, I know Diluc does not have the animation cancels like Klee or Hu Tao, so that could also be a factor, but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-bq_5s-B7w. Highly invested but a reasonable range even for a F2P Diuc.

That's a Wolf's Gravestone. And that goblet is not reasonable. Everything else seems pretty achieveable, but I wouldn't expect just any F2P to be able to pull that off.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i dont think you can just assume a f2p player has a wgs dude

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
it turns out, level 90 5* characters with their signature 5* weapon do a lot of damage

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Is furniture shared between teapot layouts? I just unlocked a second layout, so if I switch to it, does it keep the old one or do I lose it? If I have to set up every piece of furniture again to get up to 20k then I'll leave things as-is.

E: To clarify, by keeping the old one I mean will it still have the furniture as I set it or does it get cleared?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
You can switch between them freely, each have their own layout and you can use the same piece of furniture in multiple layouts.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

CJ posted:

You can switch between them freely, each have their own layout and you can use the same piece of furniture in multiple layouts.

Rad, thanks.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I've fought the ice cube 4 times and I can't imagine finding it less annoying than anything else. It goes from vulnerable to the next phase way too quickly in my opinion.

And because of the cold mechanic of Dragonspine as well, that makes it worse than the Anemo cube too.

Do it twenty more times and you will get used to it, it’s prolly the easiest boss in the game and also doesn’t have party requirements besides don’t bring ganyu.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Flair posted:

78 crit rate, 174 crit dmg with WGS is not reasonable. It is insane, either giga whale or extreme highroll territory. Reasonable for f2p with grinding is 60/120 (and you'll still have to get kind of lucky, 50/100 is pretty consistently achievable).

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Okay for me, I run the cryocube with Yanfei with a nicely leveled Widsith and pretty decent fully leveled artifacts, and Zhongli so I don't die. Takes me maybe two phases, a touch more sometimes. So that's a more reasonable target. It helps a *lot* to be ranged. Getting into melee with Diluc may be your issue.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Yanfei is definitely the comfy counter because you can do most of the fight within range of the heat sources, though stamina management is important due to the revival mechanic. the cube definitely has windows for melee to get in and trash it though.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I do that whole fight in 2 minutes with Xiao/Benny/Sucrose/Zhong.

It hits like a truck with those homing ice spheres, but otherwise just smack it around in between attack modes and keep an eye out for where the ice spheres things land, there's almost always at least one near a warming point.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Flair posted:

I know that the Wolf's Gravestone is doing most of the work with its effect there but no none of my characters resemble this in the slightest. No one comes close to having 3,000 atk at any point.

Trihugger posted:

That's a Wolf's Gravestone. And that goblet is not reasonable. Everything else seems pretty achieveable, but I wouldn't expect just any F2P to be able to pull that off.

No Wave posted:

78 crit rate, 174 crit dmg with WGS is not reasonable. It is insane, either giga whale or extreme highroll territory. Reasonable for f2p with grinding is 60/120 (and you'll still have to get kind of lucky, 50/100 is pretty consistently achievable).

Reiterpallasch posted:

i dont think you can just assume a f2p player has a wgs dude

I'm a step above not being f2p in that I buy the battlepass and welkin moon every month now and I just got lucky and got the Song of Broken Pines while trying to get a sacrificial sword so that's the only part that's somewhat believable to me.

Okay, so here're my C0 Diluc stats.

WL8
lvl 70+
lvl 80 Prototype Archaic
769 base attack +1052 from artifacts
637 def + 402
37.7% cr 126.5% crdmg
49.8% pyro dmg
The helmet swaps out but it's either lvl 16 or 20 depending on if I'm going to let Razor use it. Everything else is Crimson Witch. The goblet is 4* though.
Talents go lvl 6, 5, 6 in order.

Try and solve the riddle of my low damage!

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, so here're my C0 Diluc stats.

WL8
lvl 70+
lvl 80 Prototype Archaic
769 base attack +1052 from artifacts
637 def + 402
37.7% cr 126.5% crdmg
49.8% pyro dmg
The helmet swaps out but it's either lvl 16 or 20 depending on if I'm going to let Razor use it. Everything else is Crimson Witch. The goblet is 4* though.
Talents go lvl 6, 5, 6 in order.

Try and solve the riddle of my low damage!

Please get serpent spine and raise those talent levels. I assume you're already using a CDMG hat.

Shouldn't you have more pyro dmg between a 16 gob and CW 2pc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I often find cube to be easier up close, between that icicle attack that produces a safe zone around it and closing in being the easiest way to dodge it’s missile attack (the first one comes from above you and if it hits you so will the other seven.)