Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Karl Urban or Michael Dorman for Harry, Andrew Koji or John Cho for Kim.

edit: wait no, Steven Yeun for Kim.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I don’t think you can necessarily infer his motives from his methods, he’s absolutely an ends justify the means kind of person—or Edgar is anyway–he could have the purest motives in the world and he’d still do whatever it took to make it happen even if it hurt a few people along the way

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Fabricated posted:

It's heavily implied that this construction noise is going to be intentionally obnoxious as possible and the plans for the center place it so close to the shantytown houses as to effectively be right on top of them. It'll make them miserable and probably leave, at which Evrart and co. will try to get their land too- with Evrart offering some canard about giving them better affordable housing in return.

Out of curiosity, who is it that tells you this information?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Out of curiosity, who is it that tells you this information?
If you look at the papers you need to get signed, it'll tell you that the center is basically going right up next to all the shanty houses- as in the walls of the thing are gonna be single-digit feet away. In addition to losing street access for a while, with the center construction being THAT close ("next door" is a lot different from "literally within arms reach of your window") the noise is gonna be really bad. Evrart makes no bones about just telling you the noise is going to bad enough to make the residents want to leave.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

David Harbour would be a 100% fit for Harry. He's got experience with playing a depressed, out of touch failcop thanks to Stranger Things.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 2, 2021

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Bloody Pom posted:

David Harbour would be a 100% fit for Harry. He's got experience with playing a depressed, out of touch failcop thanks to Stranger Things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-4rhjO6xYg&t=144s

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
How's the final cut on PC? Still game breaking bugs, or is it good to go? Going to introduce my girlfriend to DE and don't want her to flush a bunch of progress down the drain.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Dante Basco for Kim?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i got overtaken by the thought of how horrible a kevin spacey lead would be

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I really want to do a complete gently caress up run where I never put points into anything just to see the report at the end, however I don’t know how to get past the few essential checks and also if Kim dies does kuno give his assessment? I want Kim alive to see his disapproval

Breetai posted:

How's the final cut on PC? Still game breaking bugs, or is it good to go? Going to introduce my girlfriend to DE and don't want her to flush a bunch of progress down the drain.

I got one save wiping bug but I’m 20 hours past and haven’t had it again.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
as far as I can remember the absolute required pass or fail-3-times after boosting checks are Authority against Titus to get to Klassje, Shivers to get into the Feld building and either Suave Faire to jump across to get your coat or Physical Instrument to spin kick Measurehead to get into the harbour. You also need enough Authority to warn Kim at the tribunal so he doesn't get shot if you want that bit

Doccykins fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jun 2, 2021

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Breetai posted:

I didn't run into any major bugs in my last playthrough though probably a good idea to get friendly with the quicksave key regardless.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Doccykins posted:

as far as I can remember the absolute required pass or fail-3-times after boosting checks are Authority against Titus to get to Klassje, Shivers to get into the Feld building and either Suave Faire to jump across to get your coat or Physical Instrument to spin kick Measurehead to get into the harbour. You also need enough Authority to warn Kim at the tribunal so he doesn't get shot if you want that bit

That last one is a red check; it's cannot be tried again without savescumming. They added an alternate route past the shivers check which uses encyclopedia.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Doccykins posted:

there are four ways into the harbour. You can steal an id from the drunken worker or just internalise measureheads racism, so there's no required check and you don't need to spend points for the first three thoughts.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

massive spider posted:

I really want to do a complete gently caress up run where I never put points into anything just to see the report at the end, however I don’t know how to get past the few essential checks and also if Kim dies does kuno give his assessment? I want Kim alive to see his disapproval
I got one save wiping bug but I’m 20 hours past and haven’t had it again.

minor note: kim can't die. if he gets shot he ends up in the hospital, but survives

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Tom Davis from Murder in Successville. Its not even close. Just look at him;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLtr_Sdfge4&t=991s

I did a rewatch of it recently and its perfect. He even has multiple scenes where he says "I AM THE LAW".

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The ID doesn't work for getting you into the harbour. I don't know why this persists. Unless they changed it for final cut.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Getting the Thought from Measurehead does requite passing a Rhetoric check iirc, though not a difficult one. And it doesn't actually make you racist. At least not more than you choose to be. It's also one of the only early ways to get another more significant Thought.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
That said, a few people will comment on the fact that you became his "student"

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
It does definitely help with the final skill check you need to pass for the fascism spirit quest, it gives at least a +1 modifier if you keep it for that part

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Gorn Myson posted:

Tom Davis from Murder in Successville. Its not even close. Just look at him;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLtr_Sdfge4&t=991s

I did a rewatch of it recently and its perfect. He even has multiple scenes where he says "I AM THE LAW".

And finger-guns!

He also plays an aging disco enthusiast in Prevenge. He really is perfect.

Strom Cuzewon fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 2, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I think I missed it, but apparently the final dream with Dolores has a unique line of dialogue depending on what your Signature Skill is?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Technically spoilers, but

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
They have completely different names though :colbert:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
They've found the source of the expression.

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019
I played through the Final Cut quests (or well, watched someone else play through them) and I found the writing more enjoyable than in the base game. I dunno if they were written with a slightly different philosophy, or by different people, or I was just in a different mindset two years later to appreciate them

Perfect Potato posted:

Start at the top and choose at the bottom!? What does that even mean aiiiieeee I'm going insaneeeeeeee

it's been a while and I don't remember that. was it referring to how the (proceed) options are at the bottom and the questions are at the top in the dialogue list?

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib

Its Chocolate posted:

I played through the Final Cut quests (or well, watched someone else play through them) and I found the writing more enjoyable than in the base game. I dunno if they were written with a slightly different philosophy, or by different people, or I was just in a different mindset two years later to appreciate them

I'm pretty sure the only writing that's new is the political vision quests. The Final Cut just added voice acting for everything.

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019

Lasting Damage posted:

I'm pretty sure the only writing that's new is the political vision quests. The Final Cut just added voice acting for everything.

those are the ones I was talking about

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Has anyone tried doing a run where you get your badge and gun back without Kim? I guess it wouldn't make too much of a difference.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

UnknownMercenary posted:

Has anyone tried doing a run where you get your badge and gun back without Kim? I guess it wouldn't make too much of a difference.

To cut it short, the game generally does not track what you do with or without Kim once you've done it.

For the gun, no difference. I couldn't actually get the scene to proc with Kim first (though the scene itself has minor differences)

I would guess you can't read your badge without Kim around but haven't checked. There are a few such things where you just can't. And a couple where your Esprit de Corps just fills in what he'd say.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

edit: moved

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 5, 2021

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Grouchio posted:

*local canadian laughs so hard his spine starts hurting again*

https://clips.twitch.tv/GiftedSincereBasenjiGivePLZ

Broken link?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

(lets try that again)

https://twitch.tv/videos/1044608537?t=7472s

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Grouchio posted:

(lets try that again)

https://twitch.tv/videos/1044608537?t=7472s

If you constantly fail at asserting yourself as a police officer, you run the risk of becoming the fabled Meltdown Cop.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
They should have added a meltdown cop thought.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
They have, it's called Half-Light.

Half-Light: drat, that felt *good*. Your heart is pounding nicely. You should tell people to gently caress off more often.
You: gently caress yeah, motherfuckers!
Half-Light: That's the spirit! Never forget: The whole world's a wooden house and you're a goddamn flamethrower.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

You: What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're loving dead, kiddo.

Half-Light: drat, that felt *good*. Your heart is pounding nicely.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Half-Light is basically action hero movie cop and exactly as hosed up as that actually is.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
You know who has a sky high half-light score? Cunoesse. She is to half-light what Kim is to authority, just like Cuno secretly has a good conceptualization score, and MAN you should get the option to recruit both of them. And the cryptozoologist's wife. I want a hosed up screaming family following me around doing a deep inquiry into the sexual habits of burning rhinos, Kim teaching Cuno how to identify corpses by their teeth, our boy leading the way to wherever the radiation pills take him. Just a found family chopping their way through the urban jungle, invincible together. It would have been to this game what the Valley of Faces was to that other thing, but that doesn't change my yearning for this impossible dream game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

NewMars posted:

They should have added a meltdown cop thought.

I think that's the Finger on the Eject Button thought.