Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

People who used to represent the worst aspects of fandom now have American cartoons to obsess over. Obviously it's still there, but it's easier to ignore than ever before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
goons still get insanely defensive about anime, so the ownage will continue

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i've never seen anime and i think if people watch it well that's kinda hosed

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
that one fyad guy trolling the vtuber thread ftw

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

Homeless Friend posted:

that one fyad guy trolling the vtuber thread ftw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTF_b_9q5o8

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
N-KO sounds like what i'd call the knockout game if i put the racist knob from 10 to 11

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
lmao jesus

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

they couldn't do it with him, you think they're gonna be able to do it without him?

they should manage as long as the new boss doesn't let everything grind to a halt whenever a new season of idolmaster comes out

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Bimbofication is the final Apostle ritual

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Zach Snyder will finish Berserk in a live action netflix series.

And griffiths will submit to christ

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

someone do one where she’s only speaking in the Netflix activation sound

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

KillerQueen posted:

Bimbofication is the final Apostle ritual

I dunno, baseline Griffith's pretty Bimbofied already, he even takes advantage of that fact to secure funding one time

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

pentyne posted:

It's a very slow burn, and from what I can remember from watching the first 1/2 of it is all about one man's revenge and a rotating cast of people who end up killed in the process of getting to know him.

Not really? His main group of companions meet up with him fairly early on and stick with him throughout pretty much the entire show (give or take the odd set of episodes where he's off doing something on his own before meeting up with them again).

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr. Lobe posted:

I dunno, baseline Griffith's pretty Bimbofied already, he even takes advantage of that fact to secure funding one time

lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

GoLambo posted:

I don't understand why there isn't a Legend of the Galactic Heroes thread in C-SPAM.

space libs had no chance against space germany without space stalin. c-spam logh thread ends

Homeless Friend posted:

N-KO sounds like what i'd call the knockout game if i put the racist knob from 10 to 11

lmfao

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

People who used to represent the worst aspects of fandom now have American cartoons to obsess over. Obviously it's still there, but it's easier to ignore than ever before.

Not just that but also since there is way too much anime these days everything gets sectioned off into its own niches instead of being part of the monoculture so it is harder than ever to see the worst aspects of fandom unless you're a twisted psycho that actively looks for it. I can appreciate that.

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
The American pastime is loathing cultures of your peers that are just slightly different from you and describing them as the lowest people.

Your average D&D poster makes awkward weebs look positively normal and healthy in comparison for example.

Anime loathing is a very white, middle class phenomena. My mostly latino neighborhood is filled with cars covered in DBZ and One Piece stickers.

Truga posted:

space libs had no chance against space germany without space stalin. c-spam logh thread ends

I love how the FPA gets almost endless convenient second chances and still can't help but gently caress it up by bowing to lib poo poo every time.

GoLambo has issued a correction as of 14:26 on Jun 3, 2021

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I remember when Guts got off the boat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VnLY_iQxGU

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Can't wait for the HxH guy to also die with all his characters also permanently stuck on a boat.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
doesn't Togashi have some kind of terrible physical infirmity to the point where he can barely draw anymore anyway?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
togashi hosed up his back due to his unfortunate drawing posture. he stopped drawing while on his stomach, got treatment for his back and was reportedly getting better. then came the two years and counting of nothing. no one knows what togashi's current status is.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Casey Finnigan posted:

doesn't Togashi have some kind of terrible physical infirmity to the point where he can barely draw anymore anyway?

I also thought his wife was learning to copy him.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

togashi hosed up his back due to his unfortunate drawing posture. he stopped drawing while on his stomach, got treatment for his back and was reportedly getting better. then came the two years and counting of nothing. no one knows what togashi's current status is.

there must always be an idolmaster

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

locus had a really dumb apostle form

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

GoLambo posted:

I love how the FPA gets almost endless convenient second chances and still can't help but gently caress it up by bowing to lib poo poo every time.

To be fair the Empire was so comically self-sabotagingly evil and badly run there’s no way it could have survived long enough for Reinhard to reform it without author fiat. LoGH’s backstory falls for that pitfall lots of fiction does where it throws around numbers like “10’000 years” without realizing just how much time that is.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Eggplant Squire posted:

The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe is the original isekai everything is a derivation of that

https://twitter.com/docsquiddy/status/1400315904953663488

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
the Gospel is an isekai

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

christmas boots posted:

the Gospel is an isekai

is Revelation an isekai or is it just a dream sequence

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I won't betray Jesus-kun

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

A bimbo becoming even more bimbofied? That's why Griffith's so powerful.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/GundamSakuga/status/1400542218730024966?s=20

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 203 days!

pillsburysoldier posted:

I won't betray Jesus-kun

he's not dead! i'll carry his 'ideal' into the future!

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

he's not dead! i'll carry his 'ideal' into the future!

Believe in the Jesus that believes in you!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

is Revelation an isekai or is it just a dream sequence

it’s the movie follow up a few years later that wasn’t really necessary and kind of ruins the ending but wow is the animation beautiful

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

spacemang_spliff posted:

I've been listening to city pop like a loving dork and now I want to watch 80s/90s anime

what does this thread recommend?
city hunter, bitch

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Thank you for this

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

zegermans posted:

locus had a really dumb apostle form
WDYM?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

christmas boots posted:

it’s the movie follow up a few years later that wasn’t really necessary and kind of ruins the ending but wow is the animation beautiful

The End of Evangelion of bible books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

its sexy lol