Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Dunno when or where this comes from but it cracked me up.
https://twitter.com/PeteFighter/status/1399547757367644162?s=19
Maybe all of you have seen it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ahahaha what the gently caress

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I

What

What

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yup

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m glad they’re in love

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Reminds me of this music video

https://youtu.be/P_SlAzsXa7E

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

deoju posted:

Dunno when or where this comes from but it cracked me up.
https://twitter.com/PeteFighter/status/1399547757367644162?s=19
Maybe all of you have seen it before.

That’s from the UK! Money Supermarket is an insurance/loans/energy provider comparison site. They’ve been doing weird ads forever.

This one they did has Action Man (the UK name for GI Joe):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmSZX2kvfYc

And they did another He-Man one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqhLn76kCv0

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I only played the Meowscles season of Fortnite, but the greatest skin in the game was this one

which allowed Jazzwares to produce...

I will forever hope Hasbro takes another crack at him.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Long tail

https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1400072904134508547?s=20

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm so loving getting that beauty.

The entire SH Figuarts live special with reveals is up for watch on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65n2gIXaSiE

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Were any new Monster Hunter Monsterarts announced?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://twitter.com/thefwoosh/status/1400127838687088643

It’s like a Batman customiser base.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Very happy about Cyber, super simple and to the point. Really liking the villain love in the Legends line as of late, there are lots of gaps to fill and we desperately need a new Blob, Avalanche and Toad.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Were any new Monster Hunter Monsterarts announced?

No this was specifically Kamen Rider (50th anniversary), Ultraman (55th anniversary), Godzilla, and Marvel figures.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

I like it, but I feel like the only reason I'd buy Cyber would be to recreate scenes from that run in Marvel Comics Presents, and no one is gonna make figures that look like Sam Keith versions.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So for you mythic legions types, here's a fig on a thing:

:stare:

https://instagram.com/studio_d20?utm_medium=copy_link

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 2, 2021

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Fuzz posted:

I don't know what that mount is, but someone put Arethyr on that thing and my jaw dropped.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Fuzz posted:

I have no idea what this is from but holy poo poo I love it

edit: SH Monsterarts Godzilla Ultima pre-ordered :c00l:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That anime Godzilla tail is loving insane. You'd need an entire shelf just for it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

That anime Godzilla tail is loving insane. You'd need an entire shelf just for it.

Apparently the tail is 44cm long. I have a few collector moots in Japan on Twitter that are saying they don't think they will get it because they simply don't have any place to put it due to the tail length.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just to get some sense of scale the biggest Ikea frame, the Ribba is 35 3/4cm long - that... that is loving nuts.

E: Wait, im wrong - they were showing inches. The biggest is 61 x 91 cm - STILL - that's pretty darn big. 17" is huge for a figure IMO

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Finally got a payment request from amiami for PAK Tifa. The saga is almost over.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Agrias120 posted:

Finally got a payment request from amiami for PAK Tifa. The saga is almost over.

Oh good. Mine is paired with a couple of other things in June so no payment request yet, but it does show as In Stock in my pending order.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

What kind of advance warning do we get on hot toys actually being released?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

What kind of advance warning do we get on hot toys actually being released?

The official "this is actually happening" is when they post the promo gallery on their socials.

That's when the date estimate comes out and all the sites start taking preorders. It's like a year to 18 months ahead of release.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Metal Superman is very metal (and that shelf is dirty as gently caress)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

The official "this is actually happening" is when they post the promo gallery on their socials.

That's when the date estimate comes out and all the sites start taking preorders. It's like a year to 18 months ahead of release.

Right, it’s the actual release I’m wondering about. I preordered ITSV Miles Morales last year, which has a July-Oct 2021 release date. I’ve never preordered a HT figure before, so I’m wondering what kind of lead time I get.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Right, it’s the actual release I’m wondering about. I preordered ITSV Miles Morales last year, which has a July-Oct 2021 release date. I’ve never preordered a HT figure before, so I’m wondering what kind of lead time I get.

Oh, you get nothing officially then.

Best bet is usually to check out a site like Sideshow Freaks and see when people start posting in-hand photos from the HK release in the discussion threads. Sideshow will be like 4-8 weeks after that. Let them do the work for you.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dang, the ThreeZero Dark Baltan is still available. I don't think I can afford $300 now for a single figure but maybe later in the summer I can.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rhyno posted:

This is just young Glenn Danzig IMO.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Vintersorg posted:

This is just young Glenn Danzig IMO.

Except that figure is taller.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 3, 2021

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
FYI for this of us who hate ourselves and love misery, there's a Joe livestream tomorrow at 10 central for (probably) more target exclusives.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Kingtheninja posted:

FYI for this of us who hate ourselves and love misery, there's a Joe livestream tomorrow at 10 central for (probably) more target exclusives.

They're going to reveal that Target has had enough exclusives and non-Americans don't need to suffer anymohahahhahaha

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Figuarts First Form Frieza is super super cool. He'll be fun to pose with big bro Cooler!

radlum
May 13, 2013

Kingtheninja posted:

They did announce on social media that more Major Bludd units will be shipped, though they are still Target exclusives, meaning I'll just be watching Americans get it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Metal Superman needs a guitar.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm normally a big Superman fan regardless of the variant they are, but holy poo poo that just screams 90s try hard edgy Superman. I don't have a DC Unlimited sub or whatever they call it, so I have no idea what his deal is, but drat, I kinda hope he's wiped from existence kinda quick.

I didn't even hate ant headed Superman as much as I dislike that dude.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Dang, the ThreeZero Dark Baltan is still available. I don't think I can afford $300 now for a single figure but maybe later in the summer I can.

I've got a feeling we're going to get buried in cool Ultra poo poo over the next year or so, especially if Shin does well and how could it not? Speaking of Figuarts Shin is going to be here in a few weeks supposedly. Regarding that Figuarts live stream, I'm still really stoked Leo's coming out, he's like my 3rd favorite UltraBro, and my most wanted figuarts dude other than Redking. Bandai's going to do redking one of these days right? How could they not? That would be like, I dunno, doing a sailor moon line without Queen Beryl, or a Lupin line without Goemon. Who would do something like that?

But really gotta have Redking. For Non ultraman fans, this translates as like a figuarts Batman line that was incredibly awesome and all encompassing which went out of it's way to make great figures for Clock King, Kite Man, Hugo Strange and golden age clayface, but made Riddler and Penguin P-bandai exclusives and then never made the joker at all. That''s kind of like the scenario. Although Baltan might be the Joker. Sorry I'm sleep deprived and ramble-y.

I'm going to get that repaint of Shinkocchou Kamen Rider Ichigo if it's not insanely overpriced, I had the original release and it broke. As did my heart... Might get the 55th anniversary ultraman depending on price and what mold they use.

Rhyno posted:

Were there some kind of distribution issues with this figure? The McFarlane DC toys are huge and omnipresent here, but this dude didn't ship with the rest of the Death Metal wave. Even the department store displays are missing him and the build a figure pieces. I thought maybe he'd ship later but the Snyder JL figures got here this week and still no Metal Superman. Not sure if this is South East Asia issue or if he's hard to find elsewhere too.

Sooper Gila fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jun 4, 2021

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think it's shipping now in the new releases. I found it at Target on Wednesday and the shelf was fully stocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Red King is a recurring villain but he's a fan favorite and is often depicted very sympathetically, up to Ultraman Z being shown to have been very much in the wrong to attack him. So I guess that would make Red King the Harley Quinn of Ultraman?