Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yes I will watch the second show because it's not going to be 90% poo poo that doesn't matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if they did a weekly comp of all the women's segments/matches/etc and threw that up on youtube, I would watch that. TBH I'm one of those shoebuying weirdoes that really prefers women's wrestling.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The problem I keep running into is that, yes, there's men who don't have time to advance their storylines on Dynamite. But it's not possible to say that the men's division doesn't have much time on Dynamite.

And part of the reason it's not possible to say that is that "the men's division" feels like a weird thing to say in a way that "the women's division" doesn't. Because in American mainstream wrestling, men's wrestling is the default.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 3, 2021

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

What are the women's stories on Dynamite? Off the top of my head:

- Britt Baker wins the title after making her way up the rankings
- Thunder Rosa hates Britt and is coming for her
- Jade found a new manager

It's not... a lot.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

explosivo posted:

hopefully the people who don't have time to watch the youtube show have time to watch the Friday show :ohdear:

I will watch an actual TV show instead of cheapo youtube squashes, yes

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Have some patience, around the time Brandi's maternity leave is up we'll get some more women focused segments on TV

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Rarity posted:

Yes I will watch the second show because it's not going to be 90% poo poo that doesn't matter
to be fair, you don't know that

Not having time to watch Dark and Elevation on the reg bums me out cause it's where Dark Order are

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Alan_Shore posted:

What are the women's stories on Dynamite? Off the top of my head:

- Britt Baker wins the title after making her way up the rankings
- Thunder Rosa hates Britt and is coming for her
- Jade found a new manager

It's not... a lot.

Red Velvet is regaining her momentum for another shot at Jade
Tay Conti is plotting something
Shida's confidence is shaken
Leyla Hirsch is going to break everyone's arms

there's a lot going on, its just not repeated every 10 minutes like on RAW.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

coconono posted:

Red Velvet is regaining her momentum for another shot at Jade
Tay Conti is plotting something
Shida's confidence is shaken
Leyla Hirsch is going to break everyone's arms

there's a lot going on, its just not repeated every 10 minutes like on RAW.

Kris Statlander wants to punch Kenny in the face

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

My Lovely Horse posted:

to be fair, you don't know that

It's a safe assumption that they will make their TV show something that people want to watch

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

It's a safe assumption that they will make their TV show something that people want to watch

but consider: RAW and Smackdown.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pylons posted:

Kris Statlander wants to punch Kenny in the face

but who doesn't

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Elevation and Dark are great but I don't always watch Dark and struggle to care if other people don't watch.

Also I'm very happy to see the effort they've put into the women's division starting to pay off. Lots of room for improvement still but it is finally in a decent place

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Dark gets 150k-200k views on YouTube. Even if you assume literally every one of those watches the show in full with 100% attention (which lol no) that is 20% of Dynamite's audience. It's fair to assume the other 80% don't know poo poo about what's happening on there.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
The women's division has got way more momentum than the tag division right now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Rarity posted:

Lamuella posted:

but consider: RAW and Smackdown.

hahaha

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Dark gets 150k-200k views on YouTube. Even if you assume literally every one of those watches the show in full with 100% attention (which lol no) that is 20% of Dynamite's audience. It's fair to assume the other 80% don't know poo poo about what's happening on there.

Less than 20% - YouTube's numbers are global

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the draw for Dark is the funny commentary and the odd banger of a match.

Elevation is Thunder-level angles and Taul Paul getting fed lines by an exhausted Excalibur.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I went back and counted, they've done two women's matches about once a month this year, five total unless you don't count the one that had Shaq and Cody in it. They pretty reliably dedicate 10-15 minutes to the women every week which is about an eighth of Dynamite's run time minus commercials and they've got a pseudo secondary women's title that's defended around once a month in some pretty banger matches (It's basically a workhorse title with Riho, Thunder Rosa, and Sarena Deeb in the division)

That being said, it's about the same as their tag-team division, unless you're counting all the time the Bucks & Good Brothers are doing stuff related to Kenny Omega, or PnP & FTR are doing stuff related to the Pinnacle/Inner Circle feud.

And even though the TNT title is defended almost every week, there's usually only a couple minutes in the 1-3 weeks beforehand leading up to a match before that challenger looses and a new one pops up (Except for the endless Darby/Team Tazz feud which was less about the TV title and more about Team Tazz/Sting & Darby)

There really is only so much you can fit into a 2 hour show, especially one that averages match length equal to RAW and Smackdown 5 combined hours.

Hopefully the second show gives the women more time but most of them just don't seem privy to cutting promos outside of Britt and Jade.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I couldn't care less if people watch dark or not but "women aren't wrestling on the show I want to watch" is loving exhausting.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I can always tell which posters also watch WWE because they're the ones that can't remember a segment happened unless the announcers repeat it 10 times.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

the draw for Dark is the funny commentary and the odd banger of a match.

Elevation is Thunder-level angles and Taul Paul getting fed lines by an exhausted Excalibur.

For me the draw of Dark is going back to old ones and seeing how many of the wrestlers have done well on the main roster in the intervening months/year. It's a little like going to an indie show and seeing a guy that you know will be a star in a few years, or seeing a musical act in a small club and then seeing them in a stadium years later.

It's basically the appeal that early NXT had for me, but somewhat more organic. But also the commentary is delightful and the matches are good like you say.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

coconono posted:

I can always tell which posters also watch WWE because they're the ones that can't remember a segment happened unless the announcers repeat it 10 times.
AEW does a lot of stuff in the background of other stuff to set up feuds so sometimes you can forget two people hate each other because they haven't cut the same promo/had endless rematches for a month straight before a match happens.

Like you said, Thunder Rosa hates both Deeb and Britt Baker and is coming for either/both titles (As long as she makes it past the "Loser stays in NWA match" :lmao: )

flashy_mcflash posted:

For me the draw of Dark is going back to old ones and seeing how many of the wrestlers have done well on the main roster in the intervening months/year. It's a little like going to an indie show and seeing a guy that you know will be a star in a few years, or seeing a musical act in a small club and then seeing them in a stadium years later.

It's basically the appeal that early NXT had for me, but somewhat more organic. But also the commentary is delightful and the matches are good like you say.
It's long and it's true that there's a lot of squash matches on there to build people up in their rankings for random title shots but you also got to see people like Red Velvet or The Acclaimed work up from nothing until they're becoming regulars on the show. So it's fine in that regard, the show isn't required watching and you can just skip around and watch matches featuring people you want to see

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jun 3, 2021

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
It's weird seeing the weekly circle discussion on Women's wrestling/Youtube shows happen on Thursday. We usually have to wait until Friday or Saturday for this EXACT SAME discussion to happen.....every week.

Friday Dynamite is making everything worse

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

explosivo posted:

I couldn't care less if people watch dark or not but "women aren't wrestling on the show I want to watch" is loving exhausting.

I think people are saying they want to see women's wrestling matches that matter. Like, the tag tournament and the Eliminator tournament were both on Youtube and everyone was into those

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

maybe we should post tweets of our favorite AEW wrestlers instead. I would but my twitter restraining order is strictly enforced.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Big news: Jade, Red Velvet and The Blade are all celebrating birthdays today.

Bigger news: Sandra Gray (AEW’s head seamstress) was this week’s episode of Unrestricted.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Elevation seems to matter a bit more but... I just don’t like Big Show and Tony on commentary.

I wish they would add a woman (Veda, but I’m sure there are others) to their commentary teams.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I watched Elevation last night because I NEEDED something to remind my it was the middle of the week. It was alright. If Dynamite had been on, I probably would not have watched it at all.

I hope every can understand the situation I was in, and support me in these tough and unprecedented times

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
The YouTube shows are great because wrestlers who aren't utilised heavily on TV aren't just stuck in catering and instead get to do what they love--sometimes they get so over on the YouTubes it translates to the main audience on Dynamite.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jordan7hm posted:

Elevation seems to matter a bit more but... I just don’t like Big Show and Tony on commentary.

I wish they would add a woman (Veda, but I’m sure there are others) to their commentary teams.
As well as Excalibur has worked out for them, I had hoped they'd bring in Ultramantis Black to do commentary. Though I imagine a casual fan wondering why there's two different masked guys doing commentary on different shows. UMB/Bryce was such a good commentary duo

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPqXqbxJgJz/ Hangman's gonna be a dad.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Long-Time Lurker posted:

The YouTube shows are great because wrestlers who aren't utilised heavily on TV aren't just stuck in catering and instead get to do what they love--sometimes they get so over on the YouTubes it translates to the main audience on Dynamite.

Which is super weird when you think about how 205 live and main event is considered the 8th circle of hell. It probably helps that Dark/Elevation isn't treated like a separate brand and are true sister shows to Dynamite, with 'main roster'(if there is such a thing) talent showing up to do matches.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

li'l yeehaw

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lamuella posted:

li'l yeehaw

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

li'l yeehaw

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012