Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

I got the shine everyone. It’s sucked a whole bunch. In my attempts to hop onto the dock more strange things happened in addition to the clip I shared earlier. One time I got stuck on the face of the dock while still in the water, the blooper was acting like it was swimming forward but I was glued to the dock. Another time I got switched to another blooper which then swim straight out, similar to my earlier clip, but this time we went thru the yellow out of bounds line and just zoomed off into the ocean. I couldn’t steer and we rode out for 5-10 seconds and then crashed into nothing.

Can’t wait to see what else Sunshine has in store for me!

Oh, the places you will go! Later levels are even more unfinished than Rocco Harbor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Procrastine posted:

Something I don't think the game ever tells you is the different-colored bloopers have different stats, green has the best handling, purple has the highest speed, yellow's in the middle, BUT if you hold forward on the stick all three blooper move the same speed so there's no reason not to use green ever

So the purple one does not have the highest speed?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

ErrEff posted:

Oh, the places you will go! Later levels are even more unfinished than Rocco Harbor.

:downs:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The purple one is stuck at top speed. But yeah the other 2 can reach it just by pushing up on the stick, making the Green one is the best. It's the one you have the most control over if you need to make sharp turns or need to slow down.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Well I wasn't able to preorder a Super Switch but I did preorder Phantasy Star 5 for the Super Switch so I guess that's cool.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wildtortilla posted:

I got the shine everyone. It’s sucked a whole bunch. In my attempts to hop onto the dock more strange things happened in addition to the clip I shared earlier. One time I got stuck on the face of the dock while still in the water, the blooper was acting like it was swimming forward but I was glued to the dock. Another time I got switched to another blooper which then swim straight out, similar to my earlier clip, but this time we went thru the yellow out of bounds line and just zoomed off into the ocean. I couldn’t steer and we rode out for 5-10 seconds and then crashed into nothing.

Can’t wait to see what else Sunshine has in store for me!

lol just wait

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

alright folks, hopefully this doesn't burn my confidential source but I got a picture of the super switch pro before the big reveal tonight...do NOT share this info outside of the thread:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

It better have a blu-ray player.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

You insert the UMD into the controller, obviously.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

robot roll call posted:

alright folks, hopefully this doesn't burn my confidential source but I got a picture of the super switch pro before the big reveal tonight...do NOT share this info outside of the thread:

But that doesn't have detachable joycons like the newest leak said!?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Switch pro needs a camera array and a digital printer accessory

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Len posted:

That's the Switch Pro Lite.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Len posted:

They detach if you buy the Official Nintendo Switch Pro Handsaw!

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

robot roll call posted:

I've never noticed the "confidential" labels until now lol

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Remember the one that had a reflection of a tree in it and had all the internet detectives trying to figure out which company it was in based on that?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

It's a prototype Vita, before it had any games to play on it.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Man, Super Mario Sunshine loving sucks and I remember how disappointed I was playing it back in the day. This was what they had to offer for the next-gen Super Mario? Gross.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Super Mario Sunshine slaps if you don't care about 100% completion.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

stev posted:

wrong! if ANY part of a game is bad, the game is bad.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

ErrEff posted:

It's a prototype Vita, before it had any games to play on it.

Prototype Vita, same as the final Vita

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

stev posted:

It does not slap.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sunshine isn't a bad game but as far as mainline Mario games go it's near the bottom.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Red Warrior posted:

Remember the one that had a reflection of a tree in it and had all the internet detectives trying to figure out which company it was in based on that?

they succeeded, too

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

If Mario Galaxy 2 were offered for sale in the Switch online store, I would buy it.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

"Can you believe these people at Microsoft? The nerve of them! Asking for things like "competence" and "quality control" and "bug fixing". They have no idea of the culture they're wrecking, here at Bethesda!"

I kinda like the bugs in Bethesda games at this point.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sunshine isn't a bad game but as far as mainline Mario games go it's near the bottom.

As far as opinions go this one is near the bottom... Of my butt!

I disagree with you, is what I'm sayin!

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I read all the posts complaining about those blooper shines and heartily lolled when I easily completed it while I was 100%ing Sunshine in the collection last year. Then earlier this year I went to stay with my sister and her girlfriend who I had lent my old Wii with my Gamecube games to. Sister's GF asked me to complete a couple of the tricky shines on Sunshine, including the blooper shine, for her. I (probably metaphorically) cracked my knuckles and told her about the dumb people online who found it hard, unlike me, and then proceeded to get ruined by it for half an hour suffering all of the pratfalls and mishaps I'd seen itt. In my defence playing it on a small TV with poo poo Wii resolution made it a lot more difficult to see where the gently caress I was going.

At least I managed to restore some credibility by quickly dealing with the Pinna Park Bowser Ride, Lily Pad Red Coin Shine and somehow doing the Pachinko Shine first time.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
What's happening is that every Switch Pro rumor has been true. The Nintendo handheld team, trained for two decades on iterating the DS, has done nothing but make weird Switch variants since 2017. None of them have been suitable for release because they all have folders.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

they're just doing what the Lost writing team did: every time someone makes an accurate prediction, they have to juke things around to keep it fresh and surprising. if those leakers had just kept their mouths shut we would've had the Super Switch back in 2015!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

sponges posted:

I kinda like the bugs in Bethesda games at this point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

:ohdear:

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Didn't see a mention of this in the last few pages, but think I'm going to pick up Overboard, sounds really cool!

Basically a reverse Agatha Christie murder mystery - you're on a ship and murdered your husband, and are trying to get away with it.

By the 80 Days people, Inkle. Sounds like it has a lot in common, with finding different paths through the game etc.

Currently $12.74 with the launch discount.

A preview:
https://www.pcgamer.com/reverse-murder-mystery-overboard-is-a-deliciously-evil-twist-on-the-detective-genre/

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/overboard-switch/

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/IndieWorldNA/status/1400483531059511301?s=19

Nintendo says be a furry

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

robot roll call posted:

what was this thing in reality

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nothing

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Is it a VN? Looks cute.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Monkey Fracas posted:

Nothing

https://www.polygon.com/2016/3/25/11303690/nintendo-nx-controller-hoax

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Walla posted:

Is it a VN? Looks cute.

it is, it was briefly LP'd here, and it is horrible

e: here's the thread if you want to get yourself a look at how it's written. the OP also includes a link to the LP for the author's previous game

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3893200&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Monkey Fracas posted:

Surprisingly close to recently leaked prototypes of the Switch.

https://twitter.com/forestillusion/status/1341336733024075778

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

Surprisingly close to recently leaked prototypes of the Switch.

https://twitter.com/forestillusion/status/1341336733024075778

The original hoaxer based his on the public patents that were available at the time.

https://twitter.com/TruelyJohn64/status/1341345858101653504