Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Wyatt is in danger of somebody deciding that they could stick a fiend mask on basically anybody and still crank out shirts that say ookie spooky and clown face replica belts, which is probably what they're doing with Bliss anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I want to imagine that Vince told Braun he couldn't take him seriously anymore after Shane beat and slimed him. Just the classic Vince "forgetting" he owns the company and decides, probably writes most the time, the storylines and acting like it's all a shoot thing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Karma Tornado posted:

Wyatt is in danger of somebody deciding that they could stick a fiend mask on basically anybody and still crank out shirts that say ookie spooky and clown face replica belts, which is probably what they're doing with Bliss anyway

I'm actually surprised they haven't replaced him with Dollar Tree Fiend yet, like give I dunno, Tucker the whole getup and never acknowledge that it's a different person.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm actually surprised they haven't replaced him with Dollar Tree Fiend yet, like give I dunno, Tucker the whole getup and never acknowledge that it's a different person.

It would be unethical to ask anybody else to get that fat.

Is Otis still employed?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Tucker got released in the last batch.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I have some bad news about Tucker, my friend

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

What’s the last time Bray did anything good, was it the time he first won the title in an Elimination Chamber like 4 years ago?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

When he squashed Balor like 2 years ago.

No wait the Cena WM match that everyone loved

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

I have some bad news about Tucker, my friend

I definitely meant Otis but lol

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Bray named his kid Knash Sixx, which is in many ways the ultimate fiends trick

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Alan_Shore posted:

No wait the Cena WM match that everyone loved

that was actually great

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

jesus WEP posted:

What’s the last time Bray did anything good, was it the time he first won the title in an Elimination Chamber like 4 years ago?

threatened to wrestle himself but WWE got scurrred and made him wrestle Randy Orton again.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

forgot about the cenamatic match, that was indeed awesome

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

jesus WEP posted:

That GIF where he mind controlled Roman into spearing Matt Hardy (maybe someone else?)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Bray would've been mostly fine if he wasn't over-exposed and put in 15 minute segments every week where he goes on to lose a 3 month feud every single time.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Bray would've been mostly fine if he wasn't over-exposed and put in 15 minute segments every week where he goes on to lose a 3 month feud every single time.

e: I assure you this double post was a forum error

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WWE cutting Fiend would be the biggest mistake they could make. You could build an entirely new competitor off the back of the Lore of the Fiend. Think: Lucha Underground but with box like structures

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Honestly, as much poo poo as we give Bray on here, if he was outside of WWE, his creativity would probably be pretty loving interesting. Both iterations of Bray Wyatt were good before they got Vince'd.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

projecthalaxy posted:

Bray named his kid Knash Sixx, which is in many ways the ultimate fiends trick

Does he acknowledge that one?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Alan_Shore posted:

What match was that? Was it the one with the box-like structure? If it was, do you think Bray Wyatt booked that himself and it's his fault or perhaps was it some old disease-brained man who doesn't know what he's doing that makes anyone cool look like poo poo

You said he was "by far" one of their most over performers, what kind of reply is "But he didn't book that!" when someone calls you out for that being bullshit?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Field is hokey af and Bray isn't very good at wrestling, but neither of these facts have stopped other people who are even more hokey and bad at wrestling from getting over given competent enough booking. Of course that's exactly the thing that WWE is lacking the most, so what can you do?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

WWE is so sorry thery have to let all these talented wrestlers go, but they just wouldn't stop hitting themselves.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

You said he was "by far" one of their most over performers, what kind of reply is "But he didn't book that!" when someone calls you out for that being bullshit?

If you don't think Bray Wyatt is super over I don't know what to tell you

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Remember when Bray Hyatt had a swamp battle? Maybe n-khan hates those

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Bray Wyatt was over back when the Fiend thing started, but I dunno how much that has lasted except among WWE superfans with far more money than sense.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
no one in wwe is super over, they're been piping the awful fake video game crowd noise for over a year

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Y'all it's months later and I still can't get over the phrase "box like structure". I refuse to believe those were actual words written by a real person for another person to read life on television.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Astro7x posted:

The only way I would honestly give WWE another chance at watching full time live weekly shows is if someone else bought it and did a complete WCW Russo/Bischoff shakeup where they just reboot everything. There is no way to salvage the current shows they way they are. There is no announcement that makes me think things will change as long as a McMahon is in charge.

They would need to strip all champions, end all feuds, give a bunch of people new looks/gimmicks.... it's way too much work and would require the vision of someone that loves the business to pull it off, so its not happening.

I don't think you necessarily need to go that far. Plenty of people can be salvaged just by better promos and better booking. The hopelessness comes from the fact that Vince is charge so neither of those things will ever happen. Almost any talent is salvageable with good booking. Wrestling fans have goldfish brain and will get behind anyone who is properly pushed. Remember when Roman had competent babyface booking for literally four weeks and people got behind it after years of booing the poo poo out of the guy? They hosed it all up of course, but you can do it.

bartok
May 10, 2006

The Fiend and Alexa Bliss are still really popular with the "I don't like wrestling I like WWE" weirdos. Still doesn't mean they are safe from the chopping block.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Oh man I could never imagine them releasing Alexa Bliss

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I found out recently one of my GFs friends was super into WWE only a few years ago, she LOVES Alexa Bliss and Roman Reigns.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I found out recently one of my GFs friends was super into WWE only a few years ago, she LOVES Alexa Bliss and Roman Reigns.

i have a friend/ex coworker i havent seen in a bit who got back into wwe bc i would bring my laptop to watch wwe ppvs on slow sundays, he ended up getting WAY more into current wwe than i was, i knew he was really into the fiend and poo poo. i just found out he's pretty much totally dropped wwe for aew lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

coconono posted:

"gently caress you I'm not gonna look like a dummy in front of a live audience" is always an option. But it sounds like Bray couldn't be bothered to push for something more interesting because he was missed his friend Brodie Lee.

I would like to remind everyone that literally the first thing Bray did when he got back in the ring was look straight down the hard cam and yell YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!! at the top of his lungs.

He is, actually, very good.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
I'm really conflicted, that most recent Wrestlemania live thread was like the most fun watching wrestling I've had since like 2003, but watching the weekly shows has been so painful.

I've just PVRd everything and skip through like 60% of it recently. If a tighter roster can mean more focus then that's cool, and while I didn't think Aleister Black was very interesting, it's so weird to cut him (and others) while they were still actively doing stuff. I'm a very casual watcher/fan though so I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

Have they ever referenced the firing of talent in a show before? Like had a character say "man if I don't win next week I'll be cut too!" Or something?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MJeff posted:

I would like to remind everyone that literally the first thing Bray did when he got back in the ring was look straight down the hard cam and yell YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!! at the top of his lungs.

He is, actually, very good.

yeah I got love for Bray, he's always entertained. Tho sometimes not as Vince intended.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

BaronVanAwesome posted:

I'm really conflicted, that most recent Wrestlemania live thread was like the most fun watching wrestling I've had since like 2003, but watching the weekly shows has been so painful.

I've just PVRd everything and skip through like 60% of it recently. If a tighter roster can mean more focus then that's cool, and while I didn't think Aleister Black was very interesting, it's so weird to cut him (and others) while they were still actively doing stuff. I'm a very casual watcher/fan though so I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

Have they ever referenced the firing of talent in a show before? Like had a character say "man if I don't win next week I'll be cut too!" Or something?

They did work Drake Maverick's release into a story on NXT where he got to try and keep his job, the payoff for that was Triple H coming out with a contract for him to sign.

It's one of those things that seems heartwarming on its face.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

BaronVanAwesome posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50KqJrpykQI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Iskanderson posted:

They did work Drake Maverick's release into a story on NXT where he got to try and keep his job, the payoff for that was Triple H coming out with a contract for him to sign.

It's one of those things that seems heartwarming on its face.

That angle was loving gross.