Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

going to have my kids listen to American Idiot as soon as they're old enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Victory Position posted:

This is child abuse

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Victory Position posted:

just give them Midwestern Songs of the Americas instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4RzEDRxVt0

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Victory Position posted:

buy them a pair of jncos

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
dookie was a good album

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Just a whole playlist of cringe W Bush-era antiwar songs. Eminem's Mosh, Incubus' Megalomaniac

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

It's incredible that Bush won re-election despite the raw power of American Idiot and the Rock Against Bush compilations.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

shirts and skins posted:

Just a whole playlist of cringe W Bush-era antiwar songs. Eminem's Mosh, Incubus' Megalomaniac

For the truly deranged a perfect circle did an entire album of anti war covers that my first girlfriend absolutely loved blasting on repeat

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTOBvGzurxA

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I've kept this one waiting for you, son. To understand the world that you live in and what you will face going forward.

*the opening bars of System of a Down's Prison Song drone in* "... they're trying to build a prison... "

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Industrial music is generally leftist, but there was a lot of specifically anti-Bush music that felt very forced at the time and is just irrelevant now.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah baby

https://youtu.be/aWxBrI0g1kE

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

Industrial music is generally leftist, but there was a lot of specifically anti-Bush music that felt very forced at the time and is just irrelevant now.

KMFDM just hit me in the back of the head with a cartoon mallet, something about war

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

Could be worse. Could be cringe Bush-era pro war songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1ogibWCNKI

As easy as it is to look back on that period and cringe, being against the Iraq war was an astonishingly low bar that so few people reached until way too late so I begrudgingly have some respect for these failed cultural efforts at trying to push back against it.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

lol i love youtube

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

who the gently caress even remembers Zel Miller?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Dads who know play Mudvayne

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Josh Christ posted:

I realized the other day that blink182 is dad music now and I felt like I aged a thousand years in a moment

I was grocery shopping a few months back and I'm Only Happy When It Rains came over the loudspeakers of the store. I immediately turned into a pillar of dust and blew away. I'm now an ancient ghost moaning about how awesome late 90s radio was and how internet killed the video star.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hooplah posted:

lol i love youtube

lmao

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

just give them Midwestern Songs of the Americas instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4RzEDRxVt0

I went to a really bad show in an unheated room in the middle of a new York winter once and the only thing I remember was some local band doing a killer cover of Superpowers which is honestly the best working class anthem, followed closely by folk song, d4 ruled and it sucks that they haven't done a new album in almost 15 years

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Goast posted:

dookie was a good album

Dookie absolutely owns still

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Josh Christ posted:

I went to a really bad show in an unheated room in the middle of a new York winter once and the only thing I remember was some local band doing a killer cover of Superpowers which is honestly the best working class anthem, followed closely by folk song, d4 ruled and it sucks that they haven't done a new album in almost 15 years

:hmmyes:

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Lol just lol if you weren't driving to community college in a lovely 90s sedan blasting situationist comedy at full volume in like, 2010

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Josh Christ posted:

Lol just lol if you weren't driving to community college in a lovely 90s sedan blasting situationist comedy at full volume in like, 2010

my lovely 740 got me places, including community college

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Halloween Jack posted:

Ministry's anti-Bush albums still hold up imo

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Somewhat. But London After Midnight, not at all.

Been listening to "Gorilla, You're a Desperado" on repeat for a couple days.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Josh Christ posted:

this is exactly correct for me except it was fall of troy and mars volta

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Hooplah posted:

this is exactly correct for me except it was fall of troy and mars volta

Also very valid.

I'm listening to an episode of 155 (which is a podcast about "punk songs" defined loosely, they were on and introducing a few weeks ago) and they're talking about against me and I'm trying to track whats different about those middle couple against me albums between like, eternal cowboy and transgender dysphoria blues that makes them not nearly as good as the others and I think it comes down to basically "songs about how much poo poo sucks are good as hell"

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Halloween Jack posted:

Again, I don't know why Steely Dan got pegged as the quintessential tiresome dad rock band. Like, "Peg" and "Do it Again" are great singles. Now Foreigner, ugh, that is some loving garbage. I guess it was one of those memes that comes out of nowhere and is immediately beaten to death.

I’d like to see Toto, Foreigner, and Styx all rightly receive the same quality of scorn that is so wrongly bestowed upon Steely Dan.

Granted that Katy Lied, Royal Scam and Pretzel Logic are nowhere near as good as the pairs immediately before or after. Gaucho is the actual best album

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Steely Dan was slickly produced, but not overproduced like Styx or Jefferson Starship.

Josh Christ posted:

Same but Clan of Xymox

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Josh Christ posted:

Also very valid.

I'm listening to an episode of 155 (which is a podcast about "punk songs" defined loosely, they were on and introducing a few weeks ago) and they're talking about against me and I'm trying to track whats different about those middle couple against me albums between like, eternal cowboy and transgender dysphoria blues that makes them not nearly as good as the others and I think it comes down to basically "songs about how much poo poo sucks are good as hell"

it’s bc they sold out, op. literally

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

who the gently caress even remembers Zel Miller?

I will never forget the hero of 2004

https://youtube.com/watch?v=AuBnlNjZq24

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 20:24 on Jun 3, 2021

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a couple months ago the classic rock station in my city was playing fuel and I flipped over to the alternative rock station and heard fatboy slim with an older song. pillar of dust moment like said above

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
When’s Toad the Wet Sprocket coming into style

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

a fatguy baldspot posted:

it’s bc they sold out, op. literally

Yeah but they never stopped doing that and yet TDB slaps hard and white crosses, literally an album on sire, is p dece

Josh Christ has issued a correction as of 20:37 on Jun 3, 2021

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Also selling out is a fake idea, get bank

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Cumtown is the new raid in wow

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/the-council-of-blood-castle-nathria-raid-strategy-guide

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Adams a girl lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

I saw Skinny Puppy in concert in the early 2000s and during one song there was a screen behind them with a giant American flag on it which had the stars on the flag start spinning and transform into little swastikas and then Ogre pulled out a fake gas pump and started spraying the audience with blood from it.