Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

very much not racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This is 100% because some tottering old private Secretary is still holding a grudge on behalf of his grandfather over the Munshi

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

$500,000 to be a life lord seems kind of cheap

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

my ongoing exemption from race and sex discrimination laws raise questions already answered by my ongoing exemption from race and sex discrimination laws

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

euphronius posted:

$500,000 to be a life lord seems kind of cheap

you would be flabbergasted with how cheap UK political corruption is, particularly when contrasted to how profitable it can be.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
hell joe biden carved out financial exemptions in exchange for a handshake and a windbreaker with the banks logo on it

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
From a billionaire, too.

Hey Bojo make me a lord too I'll happily pay 0.05% of my net worth directly to you as a bribe.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

CoolCab posted:

you would be flabbergasted with how cheap UK political corruption is, particularly when contrasted to how profitable it can be.

lol i remember back when there was a US vote on net neutrality and you could track congress members changing their vote off a donation for like $1000

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

god i hope howard beckett wins the unite leadership purely because its going to cause the labour right to melt the gently caress down

look at this poo poo

https://twitter.com/margarethodge/status/1400573913990631426?s=20

Jose has issued a correction as of 00:30 on Jun 4, 2021

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol

https://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1400683894744272901?s=19

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
a spivving new royal yacht will surely make other nations forget that the UK is a basketcase country that can't abide by international law it agreed to some months ago

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
drat cant believe the queen's giving us a 5 day weekend next summer and now I'm one of those people who stand outside royal weddings wearing union jack suits. Please never die your majesty

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

you'd think that the eu would have wised up to this kinda poo poo by now

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Jose posted:

god i hope howard beckett wins the unite leadership purely because its going to cause the labour right to melt the gently caress down

look at this poo poo

https://twitter.com/margarethodge/status/1400573913990631426?s=20

How did we not even manage to get rid of loving margeret hodge in 4 years

She's calling the Met on the unions ffs

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Cerebral Bore posted:

you'd think that the eu would have wised up to this kinda poo poo by now

To their credit the EU are still trying to negotiate in good faith with a bunch of belligerent, flatulent, xenophobic morons

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

Corbyn is a good man, but...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

lol unite is the parties major source of funding and they're deciding to blow it up

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Jose posted:

lol unite is the parties major source of funding and they're deciding to blow it up
Well of course, the mission won't be complete until every last part of labour has been burned down.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Is this trial open to members of the public you might ask? No, no it is not.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Amazing how out of all the people on that plane who got the alert it was him that got picked for the trial.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

of course gove supports chelsea

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

they just hate the left as much as we hate them, but they have the gumption and enough hands on the levers to actually do the purging when theyr in power
they were also considerably better at sabotage, barely any of my posts make it into the guardian oped page

they're very incompetent though so who knows what the result will be, they're doing a good job at sabotaging themselves

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Infections are really shooting up huh. How odd that concerning new variants arrive every time we open the pubs.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Jose posted:

I have an image in my head but substitute Gove's head for Mellor's. (For the youngsters ITT, he was a tory minister back in the early 1990s)

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Jose posted:

I had a look at the old funds after reading some numbers in an article about Lawrence fox. During Peak Corbyn 2017 Labour pulled in 55m, with member subs and member donations massively outstripping all other sources.

Total donations this last quarter fell behind tories at 2.44m, and Unison are the largest source now.

It's not an election year and this doesn't include subs, but going off previous numbers it looks difficult for them to break 15m all in. That's almost three quarters of their income gone and they're calling the cops on funders who want to campaign against actual criminal dickheads.

Absolutely mad poo poo.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

smellmycheese posted:

To their credit the EU are still trying to negotiate in good faith with a bunch of belligerent, flatulent, xenophobic morons

to be perfectly frank, the eu still trying to negotiate in good faith isn't some mark to their credit, it's just them being real dumb and lacking either basic political courage or pattern recognition

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Cerebral Bore posted:

to be perfectly frank, the eu still trying to negotiate in good faith isn't some mark to their credit, it's just them being real dumb and lacking either basic political courage or pattern recognition
nah, it's practice and training and comedy for them. they know we'll do the stupidest thing we just promised not to do, but it's hardly their job to wrangle us into shape.

they can buy the bits of the island they want in a decade.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I made this post in the covid thread. People need to not get freaked out by the daily Mail and look at the map

The vast vast majority of the country is suppressed, the people catching it are young and unvaccinated, hospital cases are not rising.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

People who make maps in which yellow indicates a better situation than green should be shot.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Philonius posted:

People who make maps in which yellow indicates a better situation than green should be shot.

Yeah what the gently caress. Worst thing itt by far

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

really good timing for labour to attack a union

https://twitter.com/WritesBright/status/1400786282146566146?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I thought “free rent” was a funny concept

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

oh you don't say?

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1400742126053437443?s=20

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

learnincurve posted:

I made this post in the covid thread. People need to not get freaked out by the daily Mail and look at the map

The vast vast majority of the country is suppressed, the people catching it are young and unvaccinated, hospital cases are not rising.

The amount of twats crowing: "Lockdown 4 incoming!" over this are honestly really pissing me off lol.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I mean, 1) It's bullshit and 2) They always sound far too loving pleased about the prospect.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s 100% a reason for other countries to put us on their red lists though.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Jose posted:

hmm and yet he didn't used to...

https://ibb.co/ZgnfDmM

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnRentoul/status/1400738559917805571

Lol

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I mean, why NOT be on the winning side :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh at our broadcast media, after covering up most of what went down with the UK, defended Boris on nearly every case, had people fawn him as having so much charisma and insight, to the point I was called a conspiracy theorist for bringing up Dominic Cummings or the Paying For Dinner scheme, poo poo their pants in horror as they decide to suddenly remove us from their Green List and make a shitload of british tourists cancel their vacation plans and going back before the COVID quarantine period.

What's that? SiC, owned by PSD, aka the people that tried to over and over again bring Thatcherism to Portugal, you're shocked that our more disgusted reply to it was a sad twitter post from the Foreign Affairs Ministry about this? Why are you surprised or shocked? You wanted this.