Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

Bray sucks poo poo

mlyp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Spray Shyatt

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MJeff posted:

One of like four times that Summer where Roman got absolutely eaten alive on the mic by Cena, Joe, Miz, etc.

That one was hilarious because Roman forgot his line and literally looked like he was about to cry at one point.

I always kind of wondered if Roman was afraid of going off-script with Cena there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dango Bango posted:

I always kind of wondered if Roman was afraid of going off-script with Cena there.

I dunno how much of what was said in the promo was known ahead of time, but I just rewatched it and there's a part where Cena pretty clearly goes off script to make a joke about Kurt Angle and Roman totally loses his place and forgets his next line and Cena just eggs him on and eventually says "Its a promo, kid, you're gonna have to learn to do it eventually." and Roman's face says "mmmmmotherfucker".

Of course I guess that could gave all been scripted, I don't doubt Vince would literally script Roman to forget his lines.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No way that was scripted , like somebody said already, Roman looks like he’s about to cry.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MJeff posted:

I dunno how much of what was said in the promo was known ahead of time, but I just rewatched it and there's a part where Cena pretty clearly goes off script to make a joke about Kurt Angle and Roman totally loses his place and forgets his next line and Cena just eggs him on and eventually says "Its a promo, kid, you're gonna have to learn to do it eventually." and Roman's face says "mmmmmotherfucker".

Of course I guess that could gave all been scripted, I don't doubt Vince would literally script Roman to forget his lines.
It's the age-old WWE thing where certain people knew they could get away with going off script and would exercise it because they knew they wouldn't get in trouble. Cena knew he could. Roman could have but didn't have the quick wit or confidence to do it because he was still pretty new and came up in the era where everything was scripted down to the letter.

Tough Enough, The Divas Search, and the Original NXT seasons before it became a brand had a lot of "You have no script or idea of what's going to happen" moments, but honestly by the time Roman was through FCW and debuted as part of SHIELD, it was incredibly discouraged to say anything less than the exact verbiage you were given, that had sometimes been re-wrote multiple times before you went live.

I remember Tucker's heel turn he was literally carrying a revised script in his hand presumably less than 5 minutes before his promo and then he just vanished and got fired afterwards.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

Cena was like the only guy who had free reign so I imagine Roman was told 'hey he's gonna compare you to him, here's how you react' and he just wasn't prepared for Cena to go in two-footed

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Cerebral Bore posted:

I agree, but in Kenny's case it's a 70+ episode anime.

He has, in fact, become an anime https://tigermask.fandom.com/wiki/Kenny_Omega

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Regarding Bray: Supernatural gimmicks don't work unless you sell the powers as having an actual impact, and monster heels don't work unless they get wins. Or, in other words,

Evil Badman posted:

WWE had the perfect "next Kane/undertaker" spooksman in Wyatt and then never let him win any feud. It loving honks.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
And when they did let him be a supernatural spookman they went so overboard that there should have been no possible way for him to lose to anyone, except then he just kind of did.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bray sucks so much that he stole the powers of Undertaker and Kane and then got completely buried by them at the next PPV anyway. he won the world title after going through both cena AND AJ clean, twice, only to lose it in a forgettable match with Orton a month later. He came back as The Fiend, had a steamroller run, only to get smushed by loving Goldberg. And then he lost his return match from being burnt up by Orton out of nowhere, again. I genuinely struggle to think of a guy who has been on the cusp of Getting Fully Over so often only to get completely clowned and bitchmade.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
bray is far from a fantastic wrestler but he had a ton of charisma (when they didn't shove him under a mask) and he had a gimmick people were genuinely into

a better company would've leaned into what he could do and covered up for what he couldn't, like (say) keeping him mainly as a manager and putting better wrestlers under him as his muscle. then, all you'd have to do is to not make him look like an utter chump who couldn't back up his words and you'd have someone who could convincingly gently caress up the midcard and take stabs at the upper card by recruiting/enthralling upper-card performers

they did none of that, highlighted all his weaknesses, and turned him into a joke a dozen times over. and yet, somehow, they keep putting him on tv as if they've forgotten how much of a joke they've made of him. it's gotta be intentional, at this point

bartok
May 10, 2006

TNA would have handled the Bray Wyatt gimmick better or at the very least hosed it up in a way that was funnier.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

bartok posted:

TNA would have handled the Bray Wyatt gimmick better or at the very least hosed it up in a way that was funnier.

Yes, he was called Abyss.

Hindsight and fantasy booking ahoy, but I'd have had Bray retire Taker at WM31 and kayfabe gain his powers.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
"Swamp cult preacher" Bray Wyatt was an amazing character, it's only been downhill since then.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
an alternate universe wwe had people realize that bray and roman together had some genuine chemistry as a tag team and pivoted towards being behind them as a pair to cover each other's weaknesses, but that's also an alternate universe that thinks tag teams are worth a poo poo in any way

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Evil Badman posted:

Yes, he was called Abyss.
I never followed TNA during its peak but Abyss always struck me as a larger version of Mankind based alone on how he looked.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

an alternate universe wwe had people realize that bray and roman together had some genuine chemistry as a tag team and pivoted towards being behind them as a pair to cover each other's weaknesses, but that's also an alternate universe that thinks tag teams are worth a poo poo in any way

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I never followed TNA during its peak but Abyss always struck me as a larger version of Mankind based alone on how he looked.

Little of column A and B. He's got Foley tendencies and did some of the "lights out, appears" stuff too.

Evil Badman fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 3, 2021

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Nick Jr. Face posted:

The actual Mankind gimmick didn't last but like two years before Dude Love, Cactus Jack, and Mick Foley were showing up. It was 10 years before Abyss split off into Joseph/Chris Park.

I'd have to look it up but I think the Abyss character was supposed to be serious until Hulk Hogan showed up which is longer than Kane's debut and him cutting goofy promos with The Rock and Booker T.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DLC Inc posted:

bray sucks so much that he stole the powers of Undertaker and Kane and then got completely buried by them at the next PPV anyway. he won the world title after going through both cena AND AJ clean, twice, only to lose it in a forgettable match with Orton a month later. He came back as The Fiend, had a steamroller run, only to get smushed by loving Goldberg. And then he lost his return match from being burnt up by Orton out of nowhere, again. I genuinely struggle to think of a guy who has been on the cusp of Getting Fully Over so often only to get completely clowned and bitchmade.

it wasnt even the next ppv. they showed up at raw the next week with their powers back and then squashed bray

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

the funny thing is the last guy who really wound up in that position was Cody

Dude got over a bit with Legacy only to get sort of shoved down and ultimately fed to Orton, he got saddled with the whole Dashing/Dr. Doom thing and kind of started to get the Dr. Doom thing over so they put him right back in Legacy, started getting over again with the IC title only to get fed to Orton for a second time, got over again with Sandow only for them to decide to run with Sandow instead, got absolutely red hot teaming with Goldust against The Authority only to repeatedly lose to the loving New Age Outlaws, got saddled with Stardust and managed to get a really compelling brother vs brother feud over with the crowd only to get denied their chance at a blowoff. Even people around here got absolutely loving sick of seeing Cody because they'd so wildly successfully defused his hype over and over again.

So look for Bray to leave the company in three years and start the ECW revival everyone's waiting for so we can have the big three back together again, basically

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CarlCX posted:

got over again with Sandow only for them to decide to run with Sandow instead

Sandow won the briefcase but Cody was clearly getting the push from that breakup

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

braypoint is banned

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I'm still pretty sure that the gif of Kurt diving on Abyss is actually him diving on Mick Foley.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Abyss seemed most the what happens when you mix Kane and Mankind and are ashamed at the result.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Tommy End is about to stream something:

https://www.twitch.tv/theatrinidad

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

braypoint is banned

You can't deny the existence of one of the few good things either of them have done.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

CarlCX posted:

the funny thing is the last guy who really wound up in that position was Cody

Dude got over a bit with Legacy only to get sort of shoved down and ultimately fed to Orton, he got saddled with the whole Dashing/Dr. Doom thing and kind of started to get the Dr. Doom thing over so they put him right back in Legacy, started getting over again with the IC title only to get fed to Orton for a second time, got over again with Sandow only for them to decide to run with Sandow instead, got absolutely red hot teaming with Goldust against The Authority only to repeatedly lose to the loving New Age Outlaws, got saddled with Stardust and managed to get a really compelling brother vs brother feud over with the crowd only to get denied their chance at a blowoff. Even people around here got absolutely loving sick of seeing Cody because they'd so wildly successfully defused his hype over and over again.

So look for Bray to leave the company in three years and start the ECW revival everyone's waiting for so we can have the big three back together again, basically

I was at a house show in Columbia, SC five years ago that ended up being Cody's final appearance in WWE and it was the platonic ideal representation of his last few years in the company. I don't remember which of these two things happened first but he lost a match to Apollo Crews and had a segment where he said that no one from SC could beat him that ended with Big Show sneaking up on him and knocking him out with one punch

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 3, 2021

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Tommy End is about to stream something:

https://www.twitch.tv/theatrinidad

lmoa @ him just taking over his wife's twitter

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kunabomber posted:

lmoa @ him just taking over his wife's twitter

Getting a hell of a lot of new subscriptions at least, his last like 4 minutes have just been reading the names of new subscribers

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
These stream sessions is him finally telling us the Lore of Aleister Black that WWE has been keeping under wraps

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lol he's trying to tell a story and he's like you guys keep gifting a bunch of subs, I cant tell the story!

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Tommy End loving owns and he is unshackled

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

On the other hand, keeping Cody down was probably the best call.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Whoever it was earlier who said Tommy End has an 80 page wiki about his character was absolutely right.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

He's still a big mark for the WWE. If he ever goes to AEW put him with The Butcher, The Blade, and The Bunny as Baphomet. I think he'd look great in a tag-team with Andy

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Cerebral Bore posted:

And when they did let him be a supernatural spookman they went so overboard that there should have been no possible way for him to lose to anyone, except then he just kind of did.

It's always interesting when they do that.

You'll have someone like Asuka who goes 2 1/2 years as being undefeated. Once she lost, she racked up losses against the IIconics and Carmella like it was no big deal.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I really don't care to listen to all this lore. Somebody tell me if he says something interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dimebags Brain posted:

Vince wants Roman/Cena for SummerSlam but Bray’s still holding Cena hostage in the Black Lodge.

Is the Black Lodge otherwise known as Wipeout? Or has he been sent to a reeducation camp a la "A Clockwork Orange" to see how Taiwan is not a country?