Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Disco Pope posted:

I'm hoping the title means those characters are the Burning Rangers!

Hell yeah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SduTpbcbgFA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Oxyclean posted:

Generations kinda missed an opportunity to throw in Tails/Knuckles for at least the classic stages.

I always felt like Colours gave them a pretty decent template for bringing the old style of multiple characters to the new games

Like, with a little tweaking Hover could be Tails' flying ability, Knuckles could have a version of Drill, Sonic would keep Boost of course and each character would just have slightly different acceleration/speed/jump height and an inherent, meter based ability that would let them reach slightly different areas of the same platforming stages

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Colours desperately needs more stages, not different ways to play the same old stages again.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Make good Sonic levels and then let the player unlock Tails in the late game and just fly over them.

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!

Flytrap posted:

I want a Tangle and Whisper game.

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
make knuckles chaotix 2 you cowards

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Honestly Vector, Charmy the Bee and Espio the Chamelion loving rule and I would love a game featuring nothing but them and their detective office solvin crimes for cash.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's bullshit that team chaotix and mighty the armadillo made comebacks but we haven't seen fang the sniper since 1996

He has a cowboy hat, a gun and a hoverbike. Shadow wishes he could

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

flavor.flv posted:

It's bullshit that team chaotix and mighty the armadillo made comebacks but we haven't seen fang the sniper since 1996

He has a cowboy hat, a gun and a hoverbike. Shadow wishes he could

Fang was in Sonic Mania and he is a main boss in the incredible Sonic Robo Blast 2 Game. But yeah I agree he rules.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jun 2, 2021

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

Honestly Vector, Charmy the Bee and Espio the Chamelion loving rule and I would love a game featuring nothing but them and their detective office solvin crimes for cash.

Has anyone done a platforming point and click adventure? If not then this is their time to shine.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Oddly enough though, only Vector seems to be getting that much exposure these days (being playable in Team Sonic Racing, the Sonic Boom version of the mobile game Sonic Dash plus an appearance or two in the show itself and I think Sonic Free Riders as well). Not sure why.

Meanwhile, I think the last time the other two were playable was in another mobile game called Sonic Runners Adventure (though the entire gang did make a few appearances in Forces at least).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jun 2, 2021

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Al-Saqr posted:

An Ace Attorney Investigations-style game starring Vector and his pals would be pretty dope.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Fang would be a good nemesis for Team Chaotix

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Pants Donkey posted:

Fang would be a good nemesis for Team Chaotix

Yoooo that’s right!!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Fleetway knew what was up:

https://twitter.com/sonicpodcast/status/1398234219252531200?s=19

Fang betrays them shortly after. Also he was called Nack in Europe when Triple Trouble came out.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Fleetway knew what was up:

https://twitter.com/sonicpodcast/status/1398234219252531200?s=19

Fang betrays them shortly after. Also he was called Nack in Europe when Triple Trouble came out.

He was called Nack in the US (and in the Archie comic) for a while as well.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Oh, cool. Let's call him that then, Nack is way better than Fang.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Is Nack Australian? He should be Australian if not

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They also called him a weasel when he's a wolf/jerboa.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

NACK was the original name in Japan but they changed his name to Fang at the very last minute because nobody at Sega ever talked to each other and they had no idea that the mega drive division was creating a character named NACKLES at the exact same time

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jun 2, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dabir posted:

They also called him a weasel when he's a wolf/jerboa.

Yeah, I was about to ask: what animal is Fang canonically supposed to be (his tail seems a bit long for a wolf)?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Did they passive aggressively write NACK into a bunch of background at?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Larryb posted:

Yeah, I was about to ask: what animal is Fang canonically supposed to be (his tail seems a bit long for a wolf)?

He’s a jerboa.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Cybershell did a video looking into it, he's the first half breed animal in Sonic I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2QHaJbCj4c

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pigbuster posted:

He’s a jerboa.

Huh, that’s the second animal I never knew existed until the Sonic series (the first being the echidna)

Fun Fact: The Archie comic also gave him a sister named Nic (as in “Knick Knack”)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 2, 2021

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Dabir posted:

Cybershell did a video looking into it, he's the first half breed animal in Sonic I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2QHaJbCj4c

I’m in this one :smug:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I’m in this one :smug:

It's an honor to meet you, Bark the Polar Bear.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Caidin posted:

I don't see Tails in any of those screenshots, just that icon. He might have just been regulated to like, I dunno, bottomless pit insurance or something.
Good call.

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1400252400053542913?s=20

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So he’s basically Beat from the later Megaman games then. A pity but it seems like it could be a useful thing to have in some areas.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also the concept of an open world Sonic game both intrigues and worries me (technically they have done stuff like that in the past though like the Sonic World game in Sonic Jam and sort of in Rise of Lyric).

I’ll probably still give Rangers a try because I am a consumer whore for this franchise (except for Shuffle and Free Riders which I’ve never played and probably never will) but I hope all this development time produces an at least passable final product.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Let's all remember that we've seen a short teaser trailer and know absolutely nothing else about the game whatsoever.

I'll definitely buy Rangers though, because if the Forces demo didn't stop me then probably nothing will.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

I'm most excited for Origins so I can finally have all the classic Genesis games in one place on both PlayStation and Switch. Finally.

I'm also excited for Colors since I never played that one but I'm keeping my expectations in check for that. I don't hate the boost formula but I don't really love it either. I beat Unleashed earlier this year and kind of hated it.

I have zero feelings about Rangers for now until we see some more real info on it. I'm keeping my expectations low haha. It's sad that the best we can hope for is a passable, competent game. :P

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Origins I’m only getting if it contains the Taxman remakes and/or something else significantly new/different as otherwise I already own all the classic games via other collections.

I imagine we might get some more concrete info on Rangers at E3 in a few weeks but we’ll see.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

At the very least I hope Sonic Rangers has more Crush 40 songs (they came back for a racing game so why not a main title?)

Also I'm hoping the title means there will be more playable characters than just Sonic.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

LOL Yuji Naka's leaving the game biz for good from how hard his lovely 'Balan Wonderworld' game flopped:-

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-06-05-sonic-creator-yuji-naka-leaves-square-enix-after-balan-wonderworld-flop-may-retire

I dunno, I cant say I feel bad for him, he made an outstandingly obviously lovely game, it's hard not to think he has nothing to contribute anymore...

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

He made a game that somehow makes Mighty No. 9 look passable by comparison (though to be fair, that wasn’t entirely his fault).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 5, 2021

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Mr. Yuji Naka is not alright :(

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Well according to today's episode of What Happen, he sabotaged the development of Sonic Xtreme on the off chance that an American studio would make a better sonic game than him, rather than recognizing that the sonic brand was.. you know.. important to Sega as a whole.

Guys I think Yuji Naka might not be a very good developer.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

He was a pretty amazing developer when he was actually coding games. You can be a dick and talented at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Kurieg posted:

Well according to today's episode of What Happen, he sabotaged the development of Sonic Xtreme on the off chance that an American studio would make a better sonic game than him, rather than recognizing that the sonic brand was.. you know.. important to Sega as a whole.

Guys I think Yuji Naka might not be a very good developer.
Didn’t he...work in California with an American Team on Sonic 2? Wasn’t City Escape a shout-out to his old studio there?