Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
We’ll see what the next fiend angle is and if it will be good. I’m sure it won’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Critical posted:

"Are you boys wrestling up there?"
"No."
"Are you building an interocitor?"
"NO!"

Wrestlers in catering: "What's with all this 'And the rest' crap?"

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

GrimGypsy posted:

I love Wyatt and have more patience for recent nonsense than most internet fans, but yeah it's been a downward arc since the initial Wyatt family stuff

When they began teasing Wyatts vs Shield, it was red hot.
In that same time period, I remember HHH was champ and had 'hired' the Wyatts somehow to beat up Roman and others. And they did, but in this very 'you've summoned something you cant control' way - and a RAW ended with them kind of looking at each other and Bray suddenly noticing HHH's title and like, touching it gently and smiling. Felt like such a cool big thing was happening(nothign ever happened)
Later, the Bray/Roman saga where they wound up teaming was so fun. I dont care, Bray pointing blind as Roman speared some dude was awesome. Then Bray got hurt or something
Later, when Braun came out and the family did this 'dark horsemen' thing, that was fun because like holy poo poo none of them have to be 'good' when you have Bray's 3 absolute monsters just throwing people through walls. As I recall it went nowhere
Even the initial Firefly Funhouse stuff was so fun and had such promise before THE FIEND. And EVEN THEN, you could have done something decent with that instead of what happened
And his cinematic thing was Cena was hilarious and fun

But he does need...specific types of matches built around what he can and can't do. Or particularly good people like Bryan to work with. And he needs to maintain a nebulous but constant threat over the whole roster, where his motivations aren't always going to make normal wrestling sense. And he has to, you know, win regularly. Or not have the spooky goofy stuff be so overdone as to get diminishing returns.

Anyway what I'm saying is with better writers and booking he could really be a huge asset and a perpetually-available main event heel or face. But also him just not doing anything for 4 month stretches before getting his rear end kicked in bad matches with dumb stories and no attached stables or stakes is fine too i guess

Spooky swamp monster heel needs to win sometimes if he's going to be a threat. The most basic of storytelling.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I don’t really care if Tommy End had some dorky lore for his character or if he committed the cardinal sin of not hating being in WWE

I really just can’t wait to see him kick people’s heads off in the indies/AEW in three months

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

We’ll see what the next fiend angle is and if it will be good. I’m sure it won’t.

nothing in wwe can be good because wwe isnt good. bray and the character are over exposed and incredibly lame now, but acting like the guy wasnt a big deal to crowds and other fans ioutside this forum s just people being weird. I was there at a smackdown during the Bryan & Fiend feud and there was so much Fiend merch available that was all sold out at the end of the night and the crowds reaction to him was very loud compared to almost anything else on the show.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Which is more likely: the Undertaker gimmick gets transferred to Bray or the Fiend gimmick gets transferred to Taker?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They already transferred the Fiend gimmick to Alexa.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jiro posted:

:drat: That's just unnecessarily mean, the man has been treated like poo poo for years and obviously his brain is unused mush. No need to say things you can never take back.
Don't worry, there's a ten year plan set in place, it involves Aleister sacrificing his wife to save his aunt job, eventually being taken over by Doctor Octopus a demon, dying fired anyway and having his legacy carried on by Miles Morales Ricochet ?????

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
I don't get why people need their faves to poo poo all over WWE immediately

Maybe tommy end is really dumb, but maybe he doesn't want to burn a bridge when there are like 3 bridges he can cross?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Because drama is funny

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
i agree, tell all interviews when disgruntled employees leave are easily the best thing WWE has produced in the last 5 years

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Codependent Poster posted:

They already transferred the Fiend gimmick to Alexa.

doesn't change the question

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Because drama is funny

Correction: It's very funny.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

dodgeblan posted:

Maybe tommy end is really dumb, but maybe he doesn't want to burn a bridge when there are like 3 bridges he can cross?

People here are definitely super weird about WWE workers in basically all situations, but also it feels like there's a difference between going "I'm grateful for my time in WWE" or "Vince was always willing to listen to me" and "The one guy who makes all the decisions for the company that shelved me for half a year and brought me back only to unceremoniously fire me out of nowhere? He actually loves my poo poo, and I don't know why all these lying-rear end 'journalists' are claiming otherwise."

Still not going to judge a dude who just lost his job too harshly

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

dodgeblan posted:

There is a difference between not trashing the company and the extremely pathetic "Vince loved me and loved my ideas!" after a guy has been fired.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019

xbilkis posted:

People here are definitely super weird about WWE workers in basically all situations, but also it feels like there's a difference between going "I'm grateful for my time in WWE" or "Vince was always willing to listen to me" and "The one guy who makes all the decisions for the company that shelved me for half a year and brought me back only to unceremoniously fire me out of nowhere? He actually loves my poo poo, and I don't know why all these lying-rear end 'journalists' are claiming otherwise."

Still not going to judge a dude who just lost his job too harshly

Yeah, that makes sense. I guess it's hard to accept that the man who owns almost all pro wrestling in the united states thinks that your satanic kickboxer original character is lame and can't draw.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

neoaxd posted:

Correction: It's very funny.

That’s TBS. TNT is drama

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/BLACKXMASS_/status/1400561284077158401

Aleister Black was going to kidnap Dominick. Also his look was meant to be Joseph Seed from Far Cry and not Garth Merenghi or David Koresh... I don't believe him.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Lid posted:

Aleister Black was going to kidnap Dominick. Also his look was meant to be Joseph Seed from Far Cry and not Garth Merenghi or David Koresh... I don't believe him.

I fully believe that he was meant to be Joseph Seed and was just too dumb to realize that Seed was based on a real world cult leader lunatic.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Imagine thinking that a tenth of that would have happened

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

"Vince loves those who are creative," says wrestler who spent the majority of his main roster time in a closet or offscreen

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
If he really wants to go back he should badmouth Vince and the WWE.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lid posted:

hosed up that we don't live in a timeline where he based his entire gimmick on Garth Marenghi. You can't tell me that wouldn't have been an instant draw

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
excalibur dropped a garth merengi reference on commentary a few weeks back so who knows

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Some wrestlers shouldn't be allowed to have creative freedom

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Those feel like OK starting ideas that professional writers could work with in a healthy environment.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol “my character was not meant to be David Koresh. It was meant to be a video game character that was meant to be David Koresh.”

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Golden Bee posted:

Those feel like OK starting ideas that professional writers could work with in a healthy environment.

They're solid ideas, could have used some polish with, y'know, a creative team.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol “my character was not meant to be David Koresh. It was meant to be a video game character that was meant to be David Koresh.”

"I didn't base my character on David Koresh because I don't know who that is."

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Defiance Industries posted:

"I didn't base my character on David Koresh because I don't know who that is."

LOL

I really felt like he was aping Joseph Seed so I'm surprised he confirmed it. He really wants to work for WWE again so idk if he's going to permanently sign anywhere so soon

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

*Note: Ubisoft denies any and all comparisons to anything remotely political how dare you

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Is Zelina still trying to get rehired there? Maybe he's just playing nice for her sake.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

SexMetalBarbie posted:

nobody wants their stick to drip.

Come on who doesn't want one?! WWE is on the pulse with a toy that might be older than the company itself

https://streamable.com/g44f86

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

flatluigi posted:

excalibur dropped a garth merengi reference on commentary a few weeks back so who knows

it was a couple months ago before black came back on screen

ex and taz's best drop was a loving rochelle, rochelle reference, jesus christ lol

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm actually surprised they haven't replaced him with Dollar Tree Fiend yet, like give I dunno, Tucker the whole getup and never acknowledge that it's a different person.

This is a long way back, so I am sorry But re: Replacement Fiend.

Sure, it would be easy enough to put someone else of a similar body shame in the mask, and keep printing the "spoopy" merch and having bullshit matches/feuds with none of the initial* creative spark that Bray brought to the character.

But WWE has been burned by doing "replacement" characters multiple times. Fake Razor, Fake Diesel, Fake Undertaker, Fake Kane, New Sin Cara etc. And all times it has bombed, and in most cases hurt the company. So I doubt they'd do it with Bray.

*Even the biggest Bray haters here have to admit that at first, the Firefly Funhouse was novel, different and fun. At first.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Good to see Retribution getting new members.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

BrigadierSensible posted:

Sure, it would be easy enough to put someone else of a similar body shame in the mask
drat that's harsh :(

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
the number of people who really believe John Laurinaitis has enough power to just fire people that Vince actually really likes a lot is ridiculous

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Tommy: "Vince is really creative!"

Vince: "DEAN SHOULD YELL THAT THE AUDIENCE IS STINKY AND SMELLY AND HAVE TO GET SHOTS...*snorts laughing*...IN HIS BUTT HAHAHAHAAAAA!!! OH AND A CHICK I WANNA BANG SHOULD CUCK A GUY!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

I love when these mysterious minds in WWE come up with something creative it's just something they've seen in a video game or Forbidden Planet shop window.