Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

No, I think that was the last time too. Apparently it wasn't even a wrestler, it was someone on the production staff.

Not no more it ain’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You mean killed Sabby and left his body out in the desert for nothing?!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MJeff posted:

You mean killed Sabby and left his body out in the desert for nothing?!
NXT is more of a post-collapse Easter Island than a desert imo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Billy Corgan says Impact Wrestling stole talent from him, Cody Rhodes vs. Nick Aldis III is possible if Tony Khan calls him

Someone delete Billy’s number from Tony’s phone immediately

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Imagine how loving awful the promos for that would be, holy moly

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
despite all his rage, he's still just a promoter deranged

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Who is the top talent they stole? Caz?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lol half that interview is about how wrestlers should either be taller or really really good

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I can't find the Joe/Rollins phone comic but that but Corgan asking if they should do Cody/Aldis 3 and tony just laughing

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

lol half that interview is about how wrestlers should either be taller or really really good

Either Rey Mysterio or the Undertaker. NO MIDDLE GROUND

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

flashy_mcflash posted:

Who is the top talent they stole? Caz?

Probably James Storm

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

projecthalaxy posted:

I can't find the Joe/Rollins phone comic but that but Corgan asking if they should do Cody/Aldis 3 and tony just laughing

the seth/mox version has been in the op of every aew weekly thread ever i think

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/LanaWWE/status/1400559751734382603

https://twitter.com/ToBeMiro/status/1400586525046448128

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Feels like the Lights Out match was the last time that happened anyway, unless I’m forgetting something g more recent
That's the last time I remember taped spoilers but they also hyped it up as one of the best women's matches on American soil and refused to give spoilers on it. And it delivered.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Well, at least she can mention AEW now freely :unsmith:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

We just finished an era of wrestling where Finn Balor was the center of the world's biggest wrestling stable and Daniel Bryan took over the collective consciousness of the entire industry, but sure, I guess it's time for "nobody likes you unless you're tall" dialogue again, why not

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Billy Corgan and the elephant in the room that is Nick Aldis

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
billy corgan should shut up unless he can convince his buddy alex jones to start wrestling

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Alex Jones to Bear Country, inaugural trios champions

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Bunny v Red Velvet was announced for tomorrow's Dynamite. Should be fun! So that's two women's segments for sure... maybe a third with jade??? Also, I think it would be cool if they played a clip of the thank you shida chants.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Bunny has been low key one of my favorite parts of the product lately

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

:allears:

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Miro is the best

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
that's a shoot

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CarlCX posted:

We just finished an era of wrestling where Finn Balor was the center of the world's biggest wrestling stable and Daniel Bryan took over the collective consciousness of the entire industry, but sure, I guess it's time for "nobody likes you unless you're tall" dialogue again, why not

Billy Corgan is, and I cannot stress this enough, really fuckin' dumb

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

smarxist posted:

Bunny has been low key one of my favorite parts of the product lately

yea she's been fantastic since after her heel turn. her character work in ring is really really effective.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Billy Corgan is, and I cannot stress this enough, really fuckin' dumb

He is, but this isn't even unique to him, it's a recurring problem in the industry. People were so sure only Hogan-sized wrestlers could get over while Bret Hart was white-hot, then people were sure you had to look like The Rock or Brock Lesnar to matter when Eddie Guerrero and Chris Jericho were becoming icons, and again with Cena and now again despite having more evidence than ever it's insane. I wasn't even alive then but I'd bet the same conversations happened about fuckin' Nick Bockwinkel.

Billy Corgan isn't uniquely dumb to believe this, he's uniquely dumb because he thinks it makes Nick Aldis a draw in the waiting.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Has Khan said he would pay for Brock if there were crowds or did I imagine that?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

CarlCX posted:

I wasn't even alive then but I'd bet the same conversations happened about fuckin' Nick Bockwinkel.

Bruno Sammartino was 5'10".

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
a lot of the old timers we can only approximate due to only being able to peg their true height to a quantity of mean gene okerlund, like carbon dating

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Spiderdrake posted:

Billy Corgan and the elephant in the room that is Nick Aldis

People pay to see elephants, Nick Aldis not so much.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

MJeff posted:

Has Khan said he would pay for Brock if there were crowds or did I imagine that?

I think it was someone asking if he’d sign Brock if he were available and the answer was like of course, any promoter in the world would

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

A lot of the most over guys in AEW right now are not only under six feet, they're under 200 pounds. JR was right when he said that star potential can't be measured in pounds or inches and it's weird that so many people still think otherwise.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, Khan was like "I'd sign Brock if ticket gates still existed to justify the cost, but they don't"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

CombineThresher posted:

A lot of the most over guys in AEW right now are not only under six feet, they're under 200 pounds. JR was right when he said that star potential can't be measured in pounds or inches and it's weird that so many people still think otherwise.

Darby is like 5'5" and 150lbs soaking wet, is crushingly over, and is booked regularly to whip dudes twice his size. Sometimes I like to think about how Vince would have used him and I laugh and laugh

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tony said he wouldn't sign Brock when crowds were back because he had already signed Brock and he's beating Kenny at the first Dynamite back on the road.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Brock Lesnar shows up as Brock Samson as a tie in to the new Venture Bros movie on HBOMAX

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Brock Lesnar shows up as Brock Samson as a tie in to the new Venture Bros movie on HBOMAX

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesss

Darby is Dean and Sammy is Hank

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Darby is like 5'5" and 150lbs soaking wet, is crushingly over, and is booked regularly to whip dudes twice his size. Sometimes I like to think about how Vince would have used him and I laugh and laugh

Exactly! There's also Jungle Boy, Orange Cassidy, the Lucha Bros, and so on. Then you have guys like John Silver who is super jacked but also very short, which would have made him a laughingstock on WWE TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CombineThresher posted:

Exactly! There's also Jungle Boy, Orange Cassidy, the Lucha Bros, and so on. Then you have guys like John Silver who is super jacked but also very short, which would have made him a laughingstock on WWE TV.

If you described how WWE would use Silver vs how AEW would uses the general description is very much the same but the reality is very different.