Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm back, but still need to get some poo poo set up/fixed, my hosting went down I think because I didn't pay the bill so stay tuned and I have some other things that are a higher priority, like keeping my job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Good luck and I hope things get better, jobs and all.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
We love ya Plink.

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

i got a mama of 7 kittens needing surgical removal of a foreign body blockage in her dumb little kitty intestines (she was taken in as a half-feral stray who still eats whatever she can regardless of food or not)

our options on our current budget are euthanasia so i was hoping there's a chance this fund would be able to provide the ~possibly several thousands of dollars~ in assistance to save from creating a buncha orphans

here she is with several of her khittlens(they less teeny tiny now this was from late feb.)

edit: another option we are willing to do begrudgingly before euthanasia is surrendering to a local rescue to ~hopefully~ get her treated; but we have only just reached out to them too so we're unsure if that will even be an option in time.

Butterflysmasher has issued a correction as of 00:19 on Jun 3, 2021

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Butterflysmasher posted:

i got a mama of 7 kittens needing surgical removal of a foreign body blockage in her dumb little kitty intestines (she was taken in as a half-feral stray who still eats whatever she can regardless of food or not)

our options on our current budget are euthanasia so i was hoping there's a chance this fund would be able to provide the ~possibly several thousands of dollars~ in assistance to save from creating a buncha orphans

(will update this post with pictures of currently-doomed cat)

Jesus christ veterinary expenses in the US are even worse than regular medical expenses

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Butterflysmasher posted:

here she is with several of her khittlens(they less teeny tiny now this was from late feb.)

edit: another option we are willing to do begrudgingly before euthanasia is surrendering to a local rescue to ~hopefully~ get her treated; but we have only just reached out to them too so we're unsure if that will even be an option in time.

not to break your bubble, but no, there is no way that this fund can afford multiple thousands of dollars for cats, your best bet is to socialize the kittens and put down the mom, or let her got back into the wild.

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

p. horrific to suggest i should let her wander off into the wild to die a painful unnecessary death

didn't think it'd hurt to ask but :(

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Plinkey posted:

I'm back, but still need to get some poo poo set up/fixed, my hosting went down I think because I didn't pay the bill so stay tuned and I have some other things that are a higher priority, like keeping my job.

Welcome back dude, I hope things look up soon! Also wanted to thank the thread for the whole meds money thing, my job finally kicked back into action and I'm super, super loving thankful for the help with the whole Keeping Me Alive poo poo. I seriously can't thank you enough.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Siegkrow posted:

Jesus christ veterinary expenses in the US are even worse than regular medical expenses

They're not, while at the same time, there can be significant regional differences. A person without insurance getting an intestinal surgery I can guarantee you would be paying well north of $10k.

Even controlling for the same materials used and a similar skillset (i.e. not the skirting the laws of medicine no gloves backyard surgeon vs. the all expenses paid ivory tower tier surgeon), prices for a simple intestinal foreign body can range from $1000-$3000. Cats more frequently than dogs will ingest things termed, "linear foreign bodies" which can potentially double that price (or not).

One must also take into account an animal that is prone to foreign body ingestion is not necessarily going to learn not to do that, so future surgeries could be needed because that animal has a behavior that is not conducive to a, "you don't have the ability to drop $1000-$3000 on an animal on a moments notice" lifestyle.

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

Ended up calling around a bunch of places today & our local county animal services were able to take her in for a small surrender fee; she's likely getting surgery tomorrow morning & I feel pretty assured she has a fair chance of survival; based off similar experience with this before but a doggo. wherein then tho I could put several thousand bux into the same surgery+a week in care(but at that point i had a lucrative fancy cartooning employment) he pulled through despite being in a lot worse shape by the time we had him put under the knife.he still livin' it up with us in these trifling times & is pushing twenty now. we heartbroken here but im glad/hopeful 'mamacat' has opportunity to continue being a sweet half-feral dumb cat.

Making a better effort to cat-proof the environment because a couple of her kittens learned~less severe, but similar~behaviour to the point where we had to remove all the rubber feet from food/water bowls because one took to like removing + chewing on them.
basically any silicon or rubber has been hidden in cabinets because the two obsessively hunt these things down.

glad we have this fund / resource regardless of my request way exceeding its scale; apologies for any illvibes

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Butterflysmasher posted:

Ended up calling around a bunch of places today & our local county animal services were able to take her in for a small surrender fee; she's likely getting surgery tomorrow morning & I feel pretty assured she has a fair chance of survival; based off similar experience with this before but a doggo. wherein then tho I could put several thousand bux into the same surgery+a week in care(but at that point i had a lucrative fancy cartooning employment) he pulled through despite being in a lot worse shape by the time we had him put under the knife.he still livin' it up with us in these trifling times & is pushing twenty now. we heartbroken here but im glad/hopeful 'mamacat' has opportunity to continue being a sweet half-feral dumb cat.

Making a better effort to cat-proof the environment because a couple of her kittens learned~less severe, but similar~behaviour to the point where we had to remove all the rubber feet from food/water bowls because one took to like removing + chewing on them.
basically any silicon or rubber has been hidden in cabinets because the two obsessively hunt these things down.

glad we have this fund / resource regardless of my request way exceeding its scale; apologies for any illvibes

Thanks for taking good care of the kitty and you shouldn't feel sorry at all. I wish the fund could help everyone with everything!

Firgof
Dec 27, 2009

The Librarian is pure.
Former Star Ruler 2 Dev.
I'll probably be e-mailing once things are back in order. Our accounts are really shot right now and we just found out my partner has diabetes, and we're heavy bread, frozen-food, and sugar folks so basically our whole pantry and fridge were rendered almost instantly useless. We haven't maxed our cards out yet so it's not like we'll be starving but it'd certainly be a weight off to just be able to not pay for a week or two of groceries later. We should still be afloat for another month at least.

WET BUTT
Mar 11, 2005
man at wits end seeks goonbucks

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

WET BUTT posted:

man at wits end seeks goonbucks

pm me, im still working on why my hosting email is hosed up

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Good luck on the email. They're tricky sometimes.

Edit: Oops. I'm sorry.

Aerofallosov has issued a correction as of 23:37 on Jun 10, 2021

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
Plinkey, any chance I could send you a request for a little cash to get me through until my next paycheck? I was in a mental hospital (can provide proof) for the last week and have zero income as a result.

Totally understand if not as I’d ask for $100 to help me for two weeks and I know that’s a bit of a lot.

vcvcvc12
Jun 9, 2013
Looks like I'm going to need help again. Will PM, I guess? If that's what you're wanting us to do until the email situation is resolved.

vcvcvc12 has issued a correction as of 19:09 on Jun 28, 2021

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I just lost an eviction trial and have about ten bucks left for the forseeable, after renting a storage unit and filling my 17mpg crapwagon up to move things

Have anywhere from a week to three weeks to get all my stuff out and find a place, am seeking slower fundraising elsewhere for larger costs, but a small contribution would help me buy supplies and food in the meantime

Will send the currently requisite PM? as email is still a porblem? anyone with the capability: pls PM me directly if you have any resources to share, informational or otherwise

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i need tp for my bunghole...

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Settle down Beavis

night slime
May 14, 2014

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

ArfJason posted:

i need tp for my bunghole...

Send plinkey an email and we can help u

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
my good friend and comrade Jamie is going through a mental health crisis that her work healthcare is not providing for. she wants to go to an out patient day program, but if she does she would absolutely lose her job and she doesn't have enough for rent already on top of that, even working 40 hours a week and having a roommate. Please chip in if you can. She isnt a goon but Im not really on social media anymore so I don't know where else to put this to try and help. thanks goons
https://gofund.me/bea9a730

Mudcrab Merchant
Dec 28, 2008

Please pay in exact change.
I... I'm not really sure what to post? I was sent here by a fellow goon in discord. It's a sob story, which blows and no one wants to read... but here's the abridged:

done got me the cancer [spinal sarcoma if you wanna keep track], live in the US so I got turbo hosed [well into the 6 figures], then was in a car accident and now have permanent brain and spinal damage, life is pain, I can't work anymore, and got denied disability. I have a lawyer for the car accident and the disability, but it's been three years and I still have not received a cent while bleeding myself dry just to stay alive. I am finally just a shriveled mummy who can't even afford groceries.

I am not asking for a gofund my debt, but a little bit of help to be able to buy milk and fresh vegetables would be nice. (I got denied SNAP, but approved Medicaid finally, cause gently caress if I know how they decided one and not the other)

I am PMing but will also try the email in the OP per the instructions.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

I used to be Feranon on here and I lost everything during the pandemic. I am now homeless, sleeping under a tarp, completely broke now that unemployment has ended, and stranded in an unfamiliar town. Venmo does not play nice with my bank so I need help via cashapp if possible. Also emailing and PMing

Segata Sanshiro has issued a correction as of 18:08 on Jul 14, 2021

Mudcrab Merchant
Dec 28, 2008

Please pay in exact change.
A huge thank you to all who have contributed to this. Past, present, and future. Because of you there is a gallon of milk in my fridge, and meat with my rice.
I will never forget your generosity, I will pay it forward when I am able.
:love:

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Stay safe, goons, and godbless Plinkey for doing this.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Thank you for being awesome and doing this. Also, I sent an email. Not sure what kind of hats you like.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aerofallosov posted:

Thank you for being awesome and doing this. Also, I sent an email. Not sure what kind of hats you like.

The email is still f'd up, just PM me until further notice.

Something got hosed up when my domain expired with the DNS or something, and I can't get them in my gmail

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009
I am a CSPAN lurker here. I'm in a bit of a financial pickle involving claiming unemployment and a couple of bills that are about to hit by the end of the week. Gonna send a PM, if that is okay.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
whoopes

Plinkey has issued a correction as of 04:24 on Jul 19, 2021

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Goon Fund has helped me a lot already I know, but things are still messy with my disability. I've been trying to make rent all month and haven't been able to pay any for this month or for what I owe. They're getting pretty upset and threatening to evict me now ...

The food pantry has been helping, but it'd be great if I could pay some of my rent ASAP. It's subsidized housing, so yeah... I don't have to give them the whole amount, just something. Sorry but I'm now desperate enough to ask one last time lol. FINAL time. The person causing issues for me will soon lose their control over all my money. Thanks for everything

I don't have PMs just email awfultimefly at Gmail

timefly has issued a correction as of 11:50 on Jul 26, 2021

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll try to start contributing to the fund again ASAP but like most goons our lives are constantly full of poo poo so I am working on getting some changes made while I can. Somehow I have managed without having to actually ask for goon funds but have donated some here and there. Just thought I'd pop in and say thanks for all the help and support over the years.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Thank you all so much for helping my friend Mudcrab. I have joined the fund as a contributor and hope to help others in need. Please PM if there is something dire happening that the fund can only partly cover (or not cover at all). My finances are settling post-move and I will soon have some financial flexibility.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

If someone could send a PM for me, that would be great. My landlady is not happy with me lol.

I don't need all or even much of the whole $245 monthly rent. I just need to basically put up a token amount so she'll back off. I was evicted a year ago, don't want to go through that again :( I'm really sorry to be asking this but if there's any way anyone can do anything, I'd be so happy

timefly has issued a correction as of 20:13 on Jul 26, 2021

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Plinkey doesn't need a PM, just an email at goonfund@stanknuts.com

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

Plinkey doesn't need a PM, just an email at goonfund@stanknuts.com

Really? All his recent posts say to PM until further notice and that his email got messed up. But I'm not familiar with that one. I'm afraid to ask him directly though because I had to ask for help way too many times last year. I only ask again because I really can't wait any longer, I need to stop the eviction process and I've asked everyone I know already. Well, I put my email address in my earlier post, anyway.

timefly has issued a correction as of 20:41 on Jul 26, 2021

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Is there a way to gift you platinum? Then you can PM.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

doingitwrong posted:

Is there a way to gift you platinum? Then you can PM.

I'm not sure how that works, I was hoping that anyone who could help me would email me, and I could tell them my PayPal/Venmo info. Kind of seems like a waste to buy platinum right now lol
Go ahead though either way 🙂 awfultimefly at Gmail
I'll try emailing that goon address in a little while if nothing else works I guess

timefly has issued a correction as of 21:33 on Jul 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Platinum and archives are some of the best investments I've made on this account/site. Just saying.