Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Hy_C posted:

Does the sidequest tome give you all the rewards too? Also not surprised I missed another level up event. :v:

Leveling itself isn't as much as a nightmare as re-gearing each hero all over again. I've had Kael since Nov 2020 and just now I got to join the latest raid after redoing all my enchanting and even then I just barely hit the requirements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Hot drat they really dropped the Source engine? Also the game only used 4gb of ram before??? Wonder if this means it'll run a lot better for me now. :thunk:

Dropping Source would mean rewriting the entire client so I'm pretty sure they only swapped out what middleware was handling physics. I'm also kinda sure the version of Source it was running on was from around the HL2Ep1 time though, so yeah it was still 32-bit and thus limited to 4GB RAM tops.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

There was another maintenance and another update. They've been doing a lot of these updates lately.

quote:

v.2.74 Patch Note

Major Content Table of Contents
  • Character Balance Adjustments
  • Path Transformation
  • Changes and Balance Adjustments for Battles/Raids
  • Seal Shop Revamp
  • New and Returning Player Experience Revamp
  • New Item – Body Type Slot
  • Wardrobe Update
  • Other Changes
There's a lot going on here.

quote:

1. Character Balance Adjustments
There are a bunch of changes here, some good and some bad. The big one is that ult skills now cost 750 SP instead of 1000 SP. The exception is Delia's, since her ult can be triggered without using SP. Another big change is that super skills (the skills that some characters have that cost less than ults but had true iframes) finally lost their true iframes. Now they're just dodges, so you can't use moves like Fiona's Shield Charge to tank unblockables. There's a massive number of smaller changes to most characters' skills, so you may want to click that link up there and take a gander at changes applicable to you and yours.

quote:

2. Path Transformation
They overhauled transformation skills a fair bit and gave you a second choice to make after choosing between Paladin or Dark Knight. There are now two mutually-exclusive skills called "Fervor" and "Impact". Fervor increases your Additional Damage and Impact increases your "impact speed." The idea here is that you can choose the specialization that suits your character. a decision that is incredibly difficult to make if you don't understand the game. The devs have kindly given everybody a one-time quest you can do to reset your TP distribution and make the choice again, if needed. If you try Impact and decide it sucks, you can reset your skills and try Fervor instead and vice-versa. Then you'll find that sucks too because the problem is that your gear just isn't good enough.

In addition to all this is a nice little bonus: Skills that can only be used while transformed no longer require SP to use.

quote:

3. Changes and Balance Adjustments for Battles/Raids
A small selection of tweaks. Most of them are boring but there are a few significant changes. The first big change is that incidental flinches and knockdowns won't happen in normal raids any more. Devs say this is because people are too drat strong. Back in ye olde days, when raids took a while, managing to smack a bitch was an important part of winning, or so they say. Now it's just frustrating because you can spend a lot of time canceling out of combos to block an attack, only for the attack to get interrupted. Now that's not an issue. Bosses have become walking bags of HP and dangerousness that react to nothing but suppression skills and scripted events.

As for the other important changes:
  • Macha is generally easier because a lot of her unblockable attacks are now blockable
  • Brilliant Lugh is generally easier, and the tathlum phase is more forgiving
  • Some of Selren's cutscenes are no longer cutscenes, and a few of her attacks have been toned down
  • Marject is a lot easier because his biggest rear end in a top hat move, a wide-reaching unblockable fire spray attack, is now blockable
  • Just about every normal battle, from S1 to the end of S3, has been shortened so that they're two maps at the most; many battles have enemies with more health to compensate
  • Boss health scaling to the number of people in your party is back again, but not for raids
  • The Nyle, Ragnahim, and Siete raids now demand more number if you want to join via Quick Battle
  • The penalty for being grossly outdamaged by whales in a raid is now even more punitive: You only get 1 AP and 20% of the exp and gold you would have earned if you had managed to get 7% instead of 6.95% of the total dps

quote:

4. Seal Shop Revamp
Here's the big deal: The Seal Shop has been updated to account for our post-S3 world. Dullahan mats are gone (with the exception of the ring essence, of course). Now it's all Astera, baby, and there's a new +13 enhancement rune for level 100 gear. Weapon essences cost 100 Bravery Seals. An armor essence costs 70 seals. A Legendary Ore costs 60 seals. The rune costs 120 seals. This stuff's a bit expensive but it's better than relying on RNG to get your Astera mats. Oh, and if you hate Power Infusion but desperately need Tech, they got a little something for you: Element Stones that are guaranteed to add +1 CRIT or BAL to an item. These cost 100 seals and annoy you by binding the item in question to your character.

quote:

5. New and Returning Player Experience Revamp
Characters who are below level 90 will now have a green heart icon over them. People who have come back after more than thirty days away will have a yellow heart over them. What does that mean? They claim there's an announcement on the site that explains it but I can't find it. Just know that's what the hearts mean.

For reasons not quite clear to me, a large number of gameplay changes are listed here. This is a big one: Level 95 raids (Dullahan to Rupacitus) can now drop bundles that can be dismantled to get godly mats and infusion stone components. No more running normal battles to get that junk! Unless you're running battles on a character that hasn't learned Dismantling. Then you can just sell the bundles on the marketplace.

quote:

6. New Item – Body Type Slot
The Robe slot's been in for years and the first thing they do with it is rename it. Now, if you use an Appearance Alteration Coupon to change your body, it creates a new body type item that you can equip and unequip at will like your hair or makeup or tattoos.

quote:

7. Wardrobe Update
The AP cost to unlock wardrobe skills on alts is now substantially lower. Which would have been a nice change a few months ago when I was buying the new wardrobe emblems and titles on all of my characters. Oh well.

quote:

8. Other Changes
Most of this is boring. There are bugfixes. One good change is that the level 95 gear giveaway quests are now integrated into the main questline (not plot-wise, but just making sure you do it when it's relevant). They also no longer force you to turn in accessory essences since it's possible to have better accessories when you reach that point.

The gremlin race is back
The gremlin race is back for the third go-round. Same deal as always: Log in for an hour and get a reward. Maybe. Repeat 118 times to get a box with an outfit in it. They're giving away the bunny babe set this time, but I don't think it's the one that makes your tits and rear end bigger. Other, less sexist rewards include VVIP capsules, runes, a permanent storage chest ticket, a permanent inner armor coupon, a Neit bear object, and a few pets. Not too shabby if you don't mind committing to something long-term.

More Hot Time

quote:

Spring Celebration Weekend Hot Time Event

Event Period: March 16th - April 6th 2021

Welcome the coming of spring with Vindictus's latest Hot Time event! Log in while it's live to receive all kinds of boons!
On weekends and holidays, we get double AP, double Expertise Proficiency, and extra boss drops.

Another raid event is upon us

quote:

Returned Royal Army Recruit's Supplies Event

Event Period: March 16th - April 13th 2021

Exchange Shop Period: March 16th - April 20th 2021

Play Lv. 95+ raids, collect Returned Royal Army Recruit Coupons, and claim all kinds of rewards through the Exchange Shop!
A nice little something for the poorer players. Run normal raids from Dullahan to Aodhan to get boxes. Open the boxes to get fun stuff. Raids from Dullahan to Elchulus will give a box containing a coupon, a 100 AP capsule, a fatigue potion (which means that run pays for itself), and three each of the following: Heavenly Leather, Godly Cloth, Paradise Orb, Godly Iron Ore. Raids from Macha to Aodhan give a different box, again limited to 10 per week. This box gives two coupons and one of the following: An unstable enhance/enchant rune, a godly mats box, 5 party merc potions, 20 superior HP potions (?!?!), or 2 fatigue potions. Aside from the shot at runes, these rewards seem pretty crappy compared to the first box's.

As for the coupons, they can be exchanged for 1000 AP capsules (34 coupons, limit 2 per account but they're account-shareable), an Astera Weapon Essence Box (18 coupons, 2 per account), Damascus Steel, a Legendary Weapon Ore Destiny Box (14 coupons, 4 per account), and then other junk.

Most improbable

quote:

Game System Probability Guide
For some reason Nexon recently decided to republish things like enhance rates and what LUK actually does. It's not an event, just a bit of extra info.

Here's another bit of extra info on the new mood missions. Someone compiled all of the information on the Mood Missions that came out with the last update. It tells you what particular missions will want from you and how you can choose your mission to get the mood buff you want.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 16, 2021

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The real April Fool's joke is that this isn't an Among Us crossover

quote:

Strange Traveler's Sus and 2us Gifts

Event Period: March 23rd 2021 - April 6th 2021

The Strange Traveler's is in a suspicious mood for April Fools' Day... and that means more stuff for you to claim!
Log in every day to get a Sus Gift Box. This box contains a 30-minute buff scroll and five "Sus Recovery Potions." Drink twenty potions to get a new title. In addition to the daily boxes, each character who logs in during the event period gets one Super Sus Gift Box containing fourteen days of japery. You get two voice emotes that make your character say things that are funny or mean or otherwise out of character. There's also an "elegant sofa" object but it's just a big wooden chair. It doesn't even do anything funny when you sit down, like make fart noises.

It's not an especially rewarding event but at least the buff scrolls and potions do things. Plus, hey, title that you don't really need to grind for.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 23, 2021

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nftWIonZy9E

Maintenance happened a couple of days ago and an upcoming event was announced.

Egg Event: Bigger Than Before

quote:

Prism Easter Egg Collecting

Event Period: April 6th 2021 – April 20th 2021

Exchange Shop Period: April 6th 2021 – April 27th 2021

Collect Prism Easter Eggs and claim rewards like the Bun-Bun Band!
Run level 60+ normal battles to earn up to three eggs per day, and complete your daily missions for another two eggs per day. Exchange eggs for goodies. There's a title for 10 eggs and some kind of hairband outfit item for 20 eggs. Also, dye ampoule boxes, fatigue potions, and 10 AP capsules.

I was originally going to wait until the start of the event period to mention this but there's a secondary event that's going to occur before then: Free unlimited graces for 24 hours on April 4th. That's Easter Sunday. Don't know what coming back from the dead has to do with Easter eggs.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 6, 2021

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkbadvaMuXo

There was yet another update last night.

quote:

V2.75 Patch Note

• 1. Season 4 Episode 3: Saintess of Taratha
  • 2. Battle Update Information
  • 3. Mood Content
  • 4. Kael Friendship System Lv. 5 Update
  • 5. Composite Dismantling Improvements
  • 6. Other Changes
An actual content update holy crap.

quote:

1. Season 4 Episode 3: Saintess of Taratha

[Battle Quest]

Adding a new raid: Ladaton Bridge
Up to 4 players at Lv. 100+ can participate in the battle located in the Taratha Royal Castle region under Toward Taratha.
A new boss, Epona, is included.
This battle can be completed one per day.
You will consume 16% Fatigue Points when you depart.
You can earn materials needed for the new ring, Twilight Protection.
You can get the Sorrowful Enchant Scroll, a new Rank 5 Enchant Scroll.
[Prefix Rank 5] ATT/M. ATT +145, DEF +300, ATT SPD +2, Critical +3%, Critical Resistance -1%, Balance +4
For Milletian Gauntlets and Milletian Boots
Adding Ladaton Bridge to the Mood Mission goal for completing Taratha raids

[Story]

Adding Season 4: Episode 3: Saintess of Taratha.
There is a new raid. New ring, new enchant scroll for Milletian boots and gloves.

quote:

2. Battle Update Information

[Regarding Battle Power and Technique]
The devs decided the old stat requirements for Quick Battle weren't restrictive enough. Instead of meeting Power and Tech requirements with combinations of ATT & DEF and Crit & BAL respectively, QB runs now have separate ATT, DEF, Crit, and BAL requirements. I checked the new requirements and they're far more demanding now. Considering you need to run raids to get stronger? And now it's that much harder to run raids? Yeah, it's bad.

quote:

3. Mood Content
They added more mood emotes. That's it.

quote:

4. Kael Friendship System Lv. 5 Update
You can now max out your relationship with Kael and get his dual tech. You know, if your character has a dual tech with him.

quote:

5. Composite Material Dismantling Improvements
They say they've improved things but nothing in here is actually important. It's mostly GUI changes and some cleaning-up of loose ends. Like, you can't dismantle at Dianann anymore because it's been possible for years to muck about with your essences and chonks by right-clicking on them in your inventory.

quote:

6. Others
Most of the rest of this section is also just GUI changes and minor fixes. There are a few significant changes:
  • There's a new HP Potion tier: Exquisite. It heals 2200 HP. Merc pots are stronger to keep them in line.
  • You get to see a tutorial about Redeemers raids when you unlock Sea of Reflection
  • "Fixed: awkward motions no longer display upon incapacitation." I think that means your body will now ragdoll in boring ways when you die instead of doing funny things like getting stuck in the floor and twitching wildly. End of another era.

We don't fight Gilgamesh because the battle technically isn't happening on the big bridge

quote:

New Raid - Ladaton Bridge: Epona

[Ladaton Bridge: Epona] is a key point along the route toward the royal Taratha Castle.
Find a way to advance through the enemies' stalwart defenses in order to meet your allies on the other side of the bridge!
Approach a bridge, beat up a few jobbers, then fight the miniboss, Lazar. He blows up the bridge with his dying breath and then Epona shows up. She's a wizard and she throws lots of fireballs and shockwaves. You may have heard that this raid's gimmick is that she can revive Lazar but it's something that occurs when you reduce her health by a few bars. Not only do they share a health bar, but Epona disappears from the field after he's revived. After Lazar dies again she comes back with more dangerous moves. So really, it's just one boss with three stages. And frankly, looking at the videos, the first two stages aren't a huge challenge. It's not until the last stage when Epona starts using Macha's tricks like falling swords that things get really hairy.

The obligatory event for "celebrating" a new raid

quote:

Ladaton Bridge Release Celebration Additional Departure Event

Event Period: 04/13 - 05/04

Depart for the Ladaton Bridge raid one more time!

Event Details

Departure count for Ladaton Bridge will be increased by 1 over the course of the event.

What it says: One extra run per day. That's it. No bonus drop rate. No special rewards for completing it. Hey, you know what would be a nice bonus? Reduced Fatigue costs for new raids. If you're going to let us run it twice, halve the cost of doing so.

There's a bad event on the rise

quote:

Red Moon Special Box Event

Event Period: 05/04 - 05/18

Conquer Red Moon's Energy and earn Red Moon Special Boxes! You'll be showered with all kinds of goodies!
Run Red Ship Graveyard or Ainle at Stake to get Red Moon Special Boxes, max 3 per day. You can get unstable runes or a New Era Cube. We've seen those before: You mash New Era mats into them and multiply them, but the mats that come out of the cube are all bound to character. I wish they'd release new maps every time they run this event because I don't relish the idea of running the same two crappy maps over and over again. How hard could it be? You take an existing map, change the lighting to red, and make the bosses faster.

A fairly ordinary raid event, despite claims

quote:

Amazing Raid Event

Event Period: 04/13 - 05/18
Exchange Shop Period: 04/13 - 05/25

Complete Lv. 95+ raids for amazing rewards!
Run normal raids from Dullahan to Siete to get Amazing Raid Coupons, max 25 per week. Exchange coupons for Grade 1 Mysterious/Abyssal Shards (15 coupons, 3 each per character), Premium Bath Soaps (15 coupons, 2 per account, expires June 1), 1000 AP capsules (15 coupons, 2 per account, expires June 1), Intermediate Element Stones (11 coupons, 3 per character), Premium Videk Safeguards (8 coupons, 2 per account), normal Videk Safeguards (5 coupons, 3 per account). There are also departure licenses, graces, fatigue potions, and 50 AP capsules.

Spring has sprunt

quote:

Sprint via Raids Event!

Event Period: 04/13 - 05/18

Conquer raids and feel the power with the Sprint boon!
While you're running normal raids to get coupons, you'll also be building a stacking buff that lasts all day. It grants ATT, DEF, Crit, Crit Resist, Counterforce, and LUK. Those last two are especially nice.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 13, 2021

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The new DEF requirements pretty locked me out every raid in the last few years unless it's Marjet or lower boats. I'm losing the motivation to login even for the Gremlin Race event since nothing to do on my main Eira.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

The new DEF requirements pretty locked me out every raid in the last few years unless it's Marjet or lower boats. I'm losing the motivation to login even for the Gremlin Race event since nothing to do on my main Eira.
You can still do raids through the Battle Board, like in the olden days. Quite a few people are doing that now in response to the change. Too bad it misses the point of having a Quick Battle system, which is that the battle board is a bad way to find parties quickly.

Hey, you want to know what's really funny? A couple of my alts were in the middle of upgrading from Dullahan to Astera but couldn't get their new gear to +12 or higher. So, they have less than 4000 Additional Damage. Every QB battle worth doing requires 4k AD so they can't join anything level-appropriate, not even Dullahan or Abyssal Arena. I don't know how I can get them out of that hole without farming Bravery Seals through RAR, Niflheim, and seal exchange over several months. I'm not even sure if I can feed them gold for upgrade costs because I have exactly one character who can join QB Caesar and it's not my main. There is a new(?) function with the Strange Traveler that gives you a fresh set of +12 level 90 gear, which should give 4k AD, but can you imagine raiding with any level 90 gear? When you've got level 100 gear that's better in every way aside from that one arbitrary stat? Fuckin' a, it's Counterforce all over again but somehow they made it worse.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

You can still do raids through the Battle Board, like in the olden days. Quite a few people are doing that now in response to the change. Too bad it misses the point of having a Quick Battle system, which is that the battle board is a bad way to find parties quickly.

Hey, you want to know what's really funny? A couple of my alts were in the middle of upgrading from Dullahan to Astera but couldn't get their new gear to +12 or higher. So, they have less than 4000 Additional Damage. Every QB battle worth doing requires 4k AD so they can't join anything level-appropriate, not even Dullahan or Abyssal Arena. I don't know how I can get them out of that hole without farming Bravery Seals through RAR, Niflheim, and seal exchange over several months. I'm not even sure if I can feed them gold for upgrade costs because I have exactly one character who can join QB Caesar and it's not my main. There is a new(?) function with the Strange Traveler that gives you a fresh set of +12 level 90 gear, which should give 4k AD, but can you imagine raiding with any level 90 gear? When you've got level 100 gear that's better in every way aside from that one arbitrary stat? Fuckin' a, it's Counterforce all over again but somehow they made it worse.

Yeah, I think it'd be less terrible but I've relied on QB and liking raids for the notification so it's closer to how NX is taking away options for me. The main issue is that most players rely on Enthu for extra power and BAL which means switching to Sentinel so I'll miss the BAL reqs too. I've p much haven't checked my alts ever since they increased the QB reqs the first time and I used to be able to run Siete on Kael. It just feels odd to be suddenly locked out in content I relied on for daily raids :thunk:

Yeah, it feels super punishing even when building alts were rough and now it's like LOLNO.

BTW: I tried creating a normal boat but no one joined for Cesar for awhile before I gave up.

Alder fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 14, 2021

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance happened last night. Another event has commenced.

We're a week late for any jokes involving the word "stash"

quote:

Special Dungeon! Find the Royal Army's Secret Stash! Event

Event Period: 04/27 - 05/18

Conquer Special Dungeons and Royal Army battles to find their secret stashes!
Run [S] battles and RAR to get stashes. RAR gives Royal Army Secret Stashes and [S] battles give Special Dungeon Secret Stashes. You can earn 10 of each per week, for a maximum of 60 stashes. RAR stashes can give Mysterious and Abyssal Shards, godly mats, Fatigue potions, 50 AP capsules, and... Fine HP Potions? Really? Special Stashes can give Gold, Silver, or Copper Bracelets; 30/50/100 Brynn elixirs; dye ampoules and extractors; merc plus potions; divine blessing stones; fatigue potions; and 50 AP capsules. All stash rewards bind to the character except for silver and gold bracelets, so that's the only way you can really make money off of this event. Otherwise it's just generally useful items.

Alder posted:

BTW: I tried creating a normal boat but no one joined for Cesar for awhile before I gave up.
In my handful of attempts to help people out, I have found that you usually need to use a mega or two to fill a non-QB boat for anything but Epona. The further down the battle list you go (thus the more help the person needs), the more you need to spam megas. It sucks.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

In my handful of attempts to help people out, I have found that you usually need to use a mega or two to fill a non-QB boat for anything but Epona. The further down the battle list you go (thus the more help the person needs), the more you need to spam megas. It sucks.

It's not worth the megas it's 200k for each one and you will get much less gold completing the raid as steel is close to 300k.

Vindictus Discord itself is going: IF PLAYERS REALLY WANTED TO GET 20K DEF THEY'D ALREADY DONE IT AND BEEN GOOD MMO PLAYERS ALL ALONG.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

It's not worth the megas it's 200k for each one and you will get much less gold completing the raid as steel is close to 300k.

Vindictus Discord itself is going: IF PLAYERS REALLY WANTED TO GET 20K DEF THEY'D ALREADY DONE IT AND BEEN GOOD MMO PLAYERS ALL ALONG.
The tricks here are to not buy megas and to just use any free ones you picked up back in the days when QB worked, and also to tell anyone who thinks the QB change is good that you're surprised they're willing to take time away from posting pics of their chars' tits, rear end, and feet to opine on an issue that clearly doesn't involve them :colbert:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFLlGCD_RMw

There was an update this morning.

2.76 Patch Notes

quote:

V2.76 Patch Note

The followings shall be added or modified on the Ver. 2.76 update.

1. Personal Training Site
2. Focus Mode
3. Convenience Update
4. Battle System Update (Custom Battle & Modifications)
5. Other Miscellaneous Updates
There's not much here that's interesting, to be honest. The Personal Training Site is a "battle" where you can test your smooth moves and see how much damage you actually do. For science, for bragging purposes, et cetera. Focus Mode is for zooming in really close on your character, even during battles. Is that an important feature? I feel like that's a pretty bad time to be zooming in on your character. The "Convenience Update" adds a handful of QoL changes to the interface. They make it easier to discard items from your inventory and add some shortcut keys to features that I didn't know needed shortcut keys. The "Battle System Update" is the Custom Battle feature I described many a month past. The list of Miscellaneous Changes is lengthy and isn't easily summarized. There's stuff in here about earning Transformation points and the Friendship system, but the implications of the changes aren't clear. They also changed Season 3 episode rewards. The boxes you get at the ends of chapters give equipment essences or seals. Essences aren't useful when the gear's being given away for free, so now the boxes give things like Godly mats. You'll even get boxes in the mail if you've completed all or part of Season 3's storyline.

When I checked the page, there was a note at the bottom saying more information will be added. I hope everything will be okay.

Will It Vend?

quote:

Venerable Vending Machine Event

Event Period: 05/18 - 06/15
There's a vending machine in Colhen. Every week, each character that logs in gets twenty tokens in the mail and you can use them in the vending machine to get missions of your choice. Then complete the mission for a reward box. There are two tiers of mission: Normal and Limited. You can run each Limited mission once per week but Normal missions are unrestricted. Also, you can have missions running at the same time, and you can instantly clear a mission if you complete the requirements before buying it from the vending machine.

Normal Missions:
  • 4 level 105 raids
  • 4 level 95-100 raids
  • 4 [S] dungeons
  • 4 RAR runs
  • 6 Red Moon dungeons
  • 10 Normal Battles
Limited Missions (Each can be done once per week)
  • 2 Abyssal Arena runs
  • 2 Redeemers wins
  • 2 Niflheim wins
The reward for completing a Normal battle is 3 Vending Machine Coupons. Completing the limited mission gets your a special reward box that also contains 3 Coupons, but also contains all of the following: A New Era Material Box containing two cloths and two leathers (the most valuable New Era mats, incidentally), a Goddess Grace, five party merc pots, and two fatigue pots.

As for what you can buy with coupons, there are some good rewards. A Picnic Blanket object (40 coupons, 1 box per account), a Silver Bracelet Destiny Box (35 coupons, 1 per account), a 100% R6 Armor Enchant Box (30 coupons, 1 per account), and 15 days of VVIP (30 coupons, 1 per account). The slightly lesser rewards include runes, Mysterious and Abyssal Shard boxes, Damascus Steel, and New Era materials boxes. There's also a variety of junk rewards like graces and merc pots.

But we already had a Rise event

quote:

Sproutlings, Rise Up! Event

* Account-Based Event
* Only characters Lv. 80 or below can participate in the event story.
* The event story can be completed once per account.

Proceed with the ID Event: Sproutlings, Rise Up! story through the Strange Traveler in Colhen
Complete the event story with a character at Lv. 80 or below to get a Mighty Boxtryoshka I.
Every time your character reaches a certain level, you can use the box to get items that help you level up more quickly and easily.
If you have an old neglected character or want to make a new one, you can participate in this event. Get nesting boxes containing rewards suitable for characters that are leveling up. The neat trick here is after you've gotten two characters to 100, the box gives a final reward: An account-tradeable bonus box containing mats that help you make an Astera weapon.

Related: A level-up event

quote:

Speedy Sproutling! Completion EXP Hot Time!

Event Details

A 1.5x Completion EXP Hot Time will be in effect during the event!
To help with those neglected old characters or new ones, you've got 1.5x experience gain. Level 70+ characters only, which seems stingy but it doesn't take long to get to 70 these days.

Also related: The Gathering Dungeon is open again

quote:

May Gathering Dungeon Event

Log in each day, get a Gathering Dungeon Entry Ticket. Use it to enter a dungeon full of luminaries that give, among other things, colored essences that can exchanged for cosmetics at Shayla's. If you're going to level a character, this is a good way to get their Gathering up quickly.

Cool hair colors are here to stay

quote:

Avatar Shop: Limited Hair Colors Unlocked!

Special hair colors that were previously limited release are being released permanently!
What it says. Novelty hair colors that used to have limited availability can now be obtained at any time, for any reason, or even for no reason. Use them with 7-day unlimited hair passes, or with permanent hair passes when they're given away. Have confidence you'll be able to give your Tessa green hair, or orange hair, or even purple hair. The possibilities aren't endless but they're certainly more interesting.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 06:23 on May 20, 2021

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance happened. Now there's a new meta-event going on.

Wherein the community does Nexon's job without getting paid

quote:

MYVE (Make Your Vindictus Event)

Event Period: 05/25 ~ 06/08

Greetings Mercenaries,

Getting tired of events and reward being held over and over again? This time we are holding a MYVE (Make Your Vindictus Event) Event.

Submit the event idea you always dreamed of having one in Vindictus.
It's chance for you to make a unique event that can be differentiate from the other typical events

The winning idea shall be actually be applied as an in-game event!
You will be expressly attributed to the event!

A separate discord channel shall be established for the event. (2021_myve_event)
You go to the official Discord and you describe an event you'd like to see. One of you nerds could still come in and win this by virtue of having something resembling a fresh and creative idea that isn't just a variation on the events we see every month. Worse, there's a dude who wants a fishing event. Why? Who the gently caress likes fishing? If you want to know what your real competition would be, here are the "best" submissions so far: An event to bring back dragon raids and the Everlasting armor set (which has been conspicuously unobtainable for years), a quiz game with the Strange Traveler about the game's story, and an event that gives you a full set of milletian gear that's fully enchanted with R7 enchants (because that's an actual good reward worth busting your rear end for).

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 25, 2021

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Information has been released on the coming level 110 gear. Short version is that it's really good stat-wise, even compared to upgraded Milletian. However, it's going to be very expensive to upgrade. You'll need Grade 3 Mysterious and Abyssal shards and a new type of steel, Jardin, to reforge it. Jardin Steel will drop from 110 battles or can be made from Damascus at a ratio of 3 Damascus to 1 Jardin. In good news for us losers, crafting and upgrading Milletian and Astera gear will be made a bit less painful at the same time: Milletian mats will drop with middling stats instead of minimum stats, and Astera mats will drop with maximum stats instead of minimum. Also, reforge costs for both types of gear will cost less Damascus steel.

Speaking of 110 gear, we're getting our first set of the stuff by fighting Big Boss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYk2m7YoT_M

Other notable news: Two friendship skills that were promised to us when the friendship skill system was added are finally making it into the game.

Sylas and Belle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J2T4ac3N9M

Fiona and Lann:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ObZbLIsBSg

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
i noticed 3 characters aren't covered in the op, are they cool/neat whats the deal

what should i try out, there are way too many dudes

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Tabletops posted:

i noticed 3 characters aren't covered in the op, are they cool/neat whats the deal

what should i try out, there are way too many dudes
Can't be bothered to update the OP much these days because of Fatigue. Both in the "I'm tired" sense and the "I don't want to encourage new people to play because Nexon is a gently caress" sense. But maybe I'll add the info now that someone's said something. I'd just need an experienced Kael player to do a knowledgeable write-up for me since I don't have a Kael.

As for who to play, I have a few thoughts:

My official answer is that I strongly recommend trying as many characters as you can and to decide for yourself. Different people like different playstyles and you can't be sure who you'll like until you've raided a bunch with them.

My unofficial answer: Fiona. Fiona's good. Tends to be forgiving because she can block forever, which is good for inexperienced players who want to play extra-defensively while learning the movesets of bosses. There's also Spellblade Arisha because her dodge and block together are very good at stopping damage. If you're a quick learner, Lethor's really good. You need to understand the boss you're fighting but once you do you can completely wreck them with counters.

My highly unofficial answer: If you really think you don't have the time to try everybody, you're not going to have time to grind for gear and you won't be able to participate in endgame raids. You could work around that by throwing real money at the game but I'm trying to discourage that sort of behavior on account of Nexon being a gently caress.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jun 4, 2021

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

ArchWizard posted:

Nexon being a gently caress.

Glad to see this part hasn't changed

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

gwrtheyrn posted:

Glad to see this part hasn't changed

I await the same results a decade later as I check this thread for events.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
what do you mean by they're fucks?

also ty i'll just give everyone a try

edit: gonna try mira first because her weapon looks the dumbest

also holy poo poo this game is still on dx9 that is wild

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 4, 2021

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
is there a way to skip story stuff after you've done it before? I'm up to lvl 30 or something on miri and wanted to try out someone else

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Tabletops posted:

Over the past several years, two trends have emerged: First, Nexon relying more and more on gacha stuff for revenue. In addition to the inherent ethical problems surrounding gacha, the process of whaling for gacha boxes and reselling the contents has fueled a gap between rich players and poor ones. So, most attempts to cater to strong (that is, wealthy) players also end up placing obnoxious burdens on players who aren't strong or wealthy. See: Counterforce and Quick Battle Requirements. Second, Nexon relying on counterintuitive measures to "fight botting." None of these measures stop bots and just inconvenience legitimate players. The worst is Fatigue, which hampers the freedom of F2P players to farm for what they need to earn gold or upgrade their gear. Nexon tries to help by giving away VVIP and Fatigue potions but it's not enough for the hardcore players who want to focus on building a single character.

Tabletops posted:

is there a way to skip story stuff after you've done it before? I'm up to lvl 30 or something on miri and wanted to try out someone else
You can speed up dialogue by holding down Shift or Ctrl. That's pretty much it for a new player. There's something you can do to skip sidequests on lowbies if you have any characters who are level 100 or higher. Just something to keep in mind for later if you get that far.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

ArchWizard posted:

Over the past several years, two trends have emerged: First, Nexon relying more and more on gacha stuff for revenue. In addition to the inherent ethical problems surrounding gacha, the process of whaling for gacha boxes and reselling the contents has fueled a gap between rich players and poor ones. So, most attempts to cater to strong (that is, wealthy) players also end up placing obnoxious burdens on players who aren't strong or wealthy. See: Counterforce and Quick Battle Requirements. Second, Nexon relying on counterintuitive measures to "fight botting." None of these measures stop bots and just inconvenience legitimate players. The worst is Fatigue, which hampers the freedom of F2P players to farm for what they need to earn gold or upgrade their gear. Nexon tries to help by giving away VVIP and Fatigue potions but it's not enough for the hardcore players who want to focus on building a single character.
You can speed up dialogue by holding down Shift or Ctrl. That's pretty much it for a new player. There's something you can do to skip sidequests on lowbies if you have any characters who are level 100 or higher. Just something to keep in mind for later if you get that far.

thank you for the thorough responses. I have no idea if i'll ever be hardcore into this game enough to warrant worrying about that stuff, but i understand gacha being poo poo. at least if it's all p2w style.

edit: jesus christ

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 4, 2021

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I was complaining about the trend of adding burdens to players, but I just remembered that some time ago they announced a change for the better:

quote:

Good morning. [GM Daraf] here.

Today we will be providing you with the guidelines to the upcoming [Item Maximum Enhancement Level Downgrade] update, scheduled to be applied to the KR-LIVE server on [Thursday, June 10th].

■ Content to be applied:

- Update Schedule: During the KR-LIVE server maintenance on June 10th (Thursday);
- Update Details: The [maximum enhancement level] of weapons and armor equipment will be changed from +20 to +15.
: Weapons and armor equipment that have exceeded the +15 level will retain their existing levels.
(Example) If you have a [+ 16 Milletian Weapon], the enhancement level will remain the same.

: Even if you have the weapons and armor equipment enhanced to +15, further enhancement will not be available after the update application on Thursday, June 10th.

■ Application background:

The possession of weapons and armor items exceeding +15, with the exception for those obtained through trading, has been mostly a part of luck. The content that is based solely on luck, that cannot be overcome by other means, has been deemed inappropriate for the the current direction of the game, the way players enjoy the game, and the times.

Due to this change, players may become concerned about the existing gap between the cases of possessing and not possessing weapons and armor that exceed +15. This part will be gradually resolved as the [Level Cap Increase] and [Lv 110 Items] are expected to be arrive together in the coming update.

Additionally, though this isn't related to the main topic, we are preparing various updates such as new [Gameplay Support Items]. Starting from 6/10 (Thursday), the supply of the current [Traveler's Support/Additional Support for Raid Battles], [Traveler's Support/Additional Support for Astera’s Raids] items will end. Stay tuned for the future update notes, regarding the [new support items and methods of obtainment].

Please note that the KR-TEST server update is scheduled for next week, so that you can check the details before the KR-LIVE update.

Original announcement in Korean here
A long time ago the highest enhance level was +15 and it was impossible to get past +10 without being lucky because failing to enhance to +11 or higher destroyed the item. You'd have to spend AP to restore it, but then it would be unenhance-able. Then they raised the enhancement cap to +20 and added reforging, which made it possible to get gear to +15 by spending money to make restored items enhance-able again. Now the devs are saying that raising the cap to +20 was a mistake and that they're bringing it back down to +15. However, reforging is still going to be a thing, so anyone will be able to max out equipment. Or perhaps I should say that owning the objectively best gear will no longer be the province of people who can afford to enhance gear over and over again to push it past +15.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 4, 2021

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Tabletops posted:

also ty i'll just give everyone a try

edit: gonna try mira first because her weapon looks the dumbest

also holy poo poo this game is still on dx9 that is wild

There's p much zero ways to make gold other than buying gacha to sell on the mp. I mean, the highest value item I found in the last few months was like 40m and outfits sell for upwards from 400m, and seeing people with maxed-out gear in under 1 year when I'm struggling after over a decade just feels bad.

I've been locked out of older content due to NX forcing people to upgrade gears now so it's p much my fav AFK fashion sim now. Also, bot-based economy v:v:v

Also, there's no real way to progress since the highest drops are locked behind stat gates and in order to make gold you need more stats which cost a lot of gold but if you're broke you're going nowhere for ages.

I have a lot of regrets.

Alder fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jun 5, 2021

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Alder posted:

There's p much zero ways to make gold other than buying gacha to sell on the mp. I mean, the highest value item I found in the last few months was like 40m and outfits sell for upwards from 400m, and seeing people with maxed-out gear in under 1 year when I'm struggling after over a decade just feels bad.

I've been locked out of older content due to NX forcing people to upgrade gears now so it's p much my fav AFK fashion sim now. Also, bot-based economy v:v:v

Also, there's no real way to progress since the highest drops are locked behind stat gates and in order to make gold you need more stats which cost a lot of gold but if you're broke you're going nowhere for ages.

I have a lot of regrets.

is the ride fun at least? i'm fine with that to be honest, i basically never reach endgame in mmos or poo poo because my attention span is pretty short. i was having a decent time yesterday playing. I got lethor up to ~38 or 40 or something along with mira.

i also discovered i have an ancient account (from 2013 last i played apparently) for vindictus that i barely remember. I didn't have much on it but I wonder if i can transfer anything of value to my new one

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Tabletops posted:

is the ride fun at least?
It's fun if you like the combat but it's not really that satisfying. They nerfed pretty much every enemy leading up to endgame so they're quick and easy to kill. I assume that the devs believe everybody rolling new characters at this stage are experienced players who just want to breeze to endgame and do raids. Which is probably mostly correct, but judging from the occasional complaint I see on the official forums, it's a situation that reinforces itself. Someone new to the game tries it, says it's too easy and not fun, comes to the official forums to complain, and then quits. Nexon doesn't care because the money comes from people who are hopelessly addicted to spending thousands of dollars on buying gacha boxes for a shot at the tig bitty costumes.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 5, 2021

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
i managed to make a jojo so that's at least worth the price of downloading the game

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I downloaded this game a couple months ago and just didn’t really get it after playing a few hours. It felt like really straightforward instanced corridors that required no thought other than slaying enemies, then a boss. I mean is it basically like a boss fighting game? I was hoping for some puzzles and requirement to use my brain beyond pressing damage buttons and it didn’t really fit the bill. That’s fine, just asking if I missed something.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Ort posted:

I downloaded this game a couple months ago and just didn’t really get it after playing a few hours. It felt like really straightforward instanced corridors that required no thought other than slaying enemies, then a boss. I mean is it basically like a boss fighting game? I was hoping for some puzzles and requirement to use my brain beyond pressing damage buttons and it didn’t really fit the bill. That’s fine, just asking if I missed something.

I think you can turn into some type of dragon who casts spells and has a glowing sword then you can fight the boss who also has a sword too and....

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Ort posted:

You've mostly got it. The challenge comes when you reach endgame raids and have to put thought into pressing the "don't get damaged" button and not just the "damage" button. Vindictus is not a puzzle game, or even an MMORPG with intricate raid mechanics that necessitate teamwork. It's a game where mighty warriors with severe depression beat the poo poo out of giant monsters until they die.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Tabletops posted:

is the ride fun at least? i'm fine with that to be honest, i basically never reach endgame in mmos or poo poo because my attention span is pretty short. i was having a decent time yesterday playing. I got lethor up to ~38 or 40 or something along with mira.

i also discovered i have an ancient account (from 2013 last i played apparently) for vindictus that i barely remember. I didn't have much on it but I wonder if i can transfer anything of value to my new one

Kind of? I'm like it started out fun a few years ago but now it's just a ghost town and I just hang out in discord since there's more ppl there in-game all day.

I play every new hero they release which might be in July for Tessa then I reflect on how many hours I sunk into an inactive MMO then go back to play FFXIV after a break.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Alder posted:

Kind of? I'm like it started out fun a few years ago but now it's just a ghost town and I just hang out in discord since there's more ppl there in-game all day.

I play every new hero they release which might be in July for Tessa then I reflect on how many hours I sunk into an inactive MMO then go back to play FFXIV after a break.

Did u like Kael? He’s fun. Got him to 50

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Tabletops posted:

Did u like Kael? He’s fun. Got him to 50

Yeah kael is p strong for the newest character since the older characters tend to be slowly power crept over time.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZObeGXsjqmU

An update is here. It's an important update.

Update 2.77

quote:

Ver. 2.77 Update Note

Table of Contents
1. New Redeemers: Tree of Life
2. Redeemers Changes and Items
3. Convenience Update (Shortcut Key, Combo Key, and Quick Slot)
4. Expertise
5. Other Changes
The obvious big important thing is at the top of the list: A new Redeemers fight. It's with Laura. You have to be level 105 or higher to participate. There's a new, better Redeemers reward box for beating Laura and only Laura. But the other Redeemer battles have gotten some attention from the devs as well:
  • Base completion progress for each Balor win is now 25%, so you can get all of the stat bonuses with four wins
  • Base completion progress for Brigid wins is now 2%, which is twice as fast as before
  • Rookie Redeemers is now active in Brigid, so newbies get three free auto-revives each run

The bit about convenience updates is not that exciting to me. Keybinds are now stored server-side, so no more having to redo that poo poo every time you have to reinstall the Vindi client due to bugs. There are more quick keys, accessible by holding down Ctrl or Shift. You can also bind macros and other such things to numpad keys. One use case they mention is emotes, which is pretty nice for those of us who can't be bothered to memorize the chat commands for them. Finally, a third Expanded Quick Slot row. Personally, I don't like the Expanded Quick Slot system because it takes up too much space on my screen, but some people must like it, so there.

The Expertise changes are not good. They make crafting a lot less versatile by changing the rules so that using bound items results in bound products. So, dismantling a bound piece of equipment gives bound materials that can't be sold to other players. Likewise, crafting gear with any bound component materials results in a bound piece of equipment, so no buying mats from the marketplace or seal exchange on one character, crafting an item, and then passing it off to someone else. The exception is Cooking, but I don't know if it matters because I never hear people talk about Cooking.

As for the "other changes," it's just a couple of bug fixes. They also extended the free Damascus Steel giveaway event by a week, but if you've already collected all of the steel, you won't get more.

Something something Laura Palmer Raids

quote:

Tree of Life: The Fourth Redeemers

Laura, Goddess of Rapture

The fourth Redeemers boss is Laura, the goddess of rapture.
Utilizing the opportunity created by a large-scale civil war among humans, Eweca's forces invade paradise.
In order to stop this, the hero's party heads to where the invasion started. There, they face Laura.

Laura, the first among Eweca's forces to descend, aims to prevent the hero's party from halting their invasion.
The heroes must hurry to defeat Laura and stop the invasion of Eweca's forces... before Balor descends.

Laura Wielding a Giant Scythe

Laura summons a giant scythe and stands before the heroes.
Due to hovering just above the ground, her skillful wielding and swinging of her weapon is not limited in the same way one is on the ground.
She sometimes emits powerful shockwaves, preventing adversaries from letting their guard down for even a moment.

Laura sometimes attacks by changing her weapon's form.
When she holds the blade and handle, she stabs forward as though it were a spear. Other times, she slashes through with wide swings.
If her enemy is far away, she may even change it into a bow and fire magic arrows. No place on the field is safe from her onslaught.

Laura, also the goddess of life and birth, awakes her avatar—the Tree of Life—and it fights at her side.
The Tree of Life awakening from its deep slumber marks when the true battle starts.

The Tree of Life uses its four stems to thrash a wide area or its life energy to fire lasers.
However, the Tree of Life only move at Laura's command. Pay attention to Laura, and the Tree of Life's actions will be wholly transparent.

Middle and Late Parts of the Battle

Toward the middle of the battle, Laura brings a new type of ordeal to conquer.
She first shows threatening signs in areas where dangerous attacks will land. Be quick in escaping these areas beforehand.

Toward the end of the battle, Laura commands the Tree of Life while charging up her own power.
The Tree of Life attacks enemies by tossing something at them. Be hit by these somethings, and a massive amount of damage awaits.
After this attack, Laura drops an orb of energy that contains her concentrated power at the center of the map.
Study the field closely, and evading this should be no problem.
Hear that? This battle's no problem if you pay attention. Insert Achewood strip where Ray Smuckles talks about how important it is to pay attention.

The obligatory raid release event

quote:

Depart for the Redeemers of Rapture! Event

Event Period: 06/15 - 06/29
There are two parts to the event. In the first, you beat Laura twice. First win gets you an emblem, second win gets you a title. Second part to the event: Rookie Redeemers for other raids "will be more lenient." To them this means you have it for more clears (five wins before, ten wins now). It also means you get a buff if you don't have 100% completion in Neam or Balor, or less than 25% completion in Brigid.

In addition, there is also a perfectly normal raid event

quote:

Find the Mystery Box Event

Event Period: 06/15 - 07/13
Exchange Shop: 06/15 - 07/20
Run raids, get paid. Raids from Dullahan to Lugh drop Mystery Boxes, limit 20 per week. These boxes contain one Mystery Coupon, three each of Godly Cloth, Heavenly Leather, Paradise Orbs, and Paradise Stones, and one Party Merc potion. Raids from Selren to Epona drop Glittering Mystery Boxes, limit 20 per week. These contain similar rewards, except the godly mats are New Era mats instead, and the party merc potion is instead a 100 AP capsule.

What can you get with coupons? It's not a bad selection. 7 days of VVIP (12 coupons), Grade I Mysterious and Abyssal Shards (8 coupons each, limit 6 of each per character), Intermediate Element Stones (6 coupons each, 5 per character), Damascus Steel, (6 coupons for two, 5 pairs per character), and 500 AP capsules (6 coupons each, 5 per character). The junk item is a Superior HP Potion, one coupon for one potion.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Tessa isn't even out yet and they're teasing another sexy lady fencer to make up for our disappointment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mKkGHH33PY

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
I've said this before but I want to repeat it. I really do appreciate you Arch for keeping up info on Vindictus because I definitely plan to never return to it, outside of nostalgia for the old days when you had two choices, Lann and Fiona.(I still have my red undies)

Did they ever improve the engine on this game? Because even with a good CPU(AMD though so lower clock speeds), I still occasionally struggle with the game's FPS.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

I've said this before but I want to repeat it. I really do appreciate you Arch for keeping up info on Vindictus because I definitely plan to never return to it, outside of nostalgia for the old days when you had two choices, Lann and Fiona.(I still have my red undies)

Did they ever improve the engine on this game? Because even with a good CPU(AMD though so lower clock speeds), I still occasionally struggle with the game's FPS.
Maybe? They are supposedly improving it right now. A 64-bit client with a different physics engine is close to release. But I don't remember if the Korean version of the game is even using it yet. So, we don't know if it's really "improved" or not.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Postal Parcel posted:

Speaking as a player for over a decade, it's p much the same mysterious town lag and switching to busy ch problems forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqZVihpOACE

Maintenance happened and there are new events.

The king is dead, still

quote:

Commemorating the King of Pop

Event Period: 06/22 - 06/29

Guess what, June is the month the King of Pop passed away.

As fans missing him, we prepared this event.

Event Details

The reward shall be provided by entering the coupon on the official website.

The coupon shall only be available per account and shall be only be valid during the event period.

Event Participation Reward

Title: Memories of the King of Pop
Use the code MJ0625 to get a free title for one character on your account. Not really a good event for a variety of reasons, but I'm a sucker for titles. It's just, you know, not a title I would ever show off.

H*ckin' smol fragments

quote:

Collect the Small Fragments

Event Period: 06/22 - 07/13
Exchange Shop: 06/22 - 07/20
Event Details

* All-level-range event

Clear daily missions to claim [Small Fragment] coupons.
Coupons expire on 7/20/2021 at 7AM UTC.
Trade the coupon for rewards from the Exchange Shop
Do all of your daily missions to get a Small Fragment. Exchange Small Fragments for rewards. The headline rewards are Cat Mask Sets (nine fragments each, three sets per account). Also, fatigue potions and 50 AP capsules. The cat sets are actually an old cat mask item and an old panda suit item. This is not a good event.

Who even likes fishing events

quote:

Bo-Neat-O Event

Fishing Rod Sale Period: 06/22 - 07/13

Exchange Shop: 06/22 - 07/20
Once a day you can enter a fishing boat and buy a bundle of 50 rods for 50k gold. Catch a fish called the Bo-Neat-o. Use five bonitos (to hell with typing that pun out it's not even my pun) to get a bonito chest that contains a Hidden Aurum Coin. In addition to the coin, you'll also get one of the following at random: Graces, dye ampoules, ampoule extractors, blessing stones, godly mats, fishy recovery potions, fatigue potions, and 30/50 AP capsules. You can exchange aurum coins for actual decent rewards: Premium Bath Soap, Goib stones, premium armor enhance runes, and unstable runes. There's also a title that makes this more than a straight rerun of an old event: Super Seiner. Well, if you're like me and you're burned out on actually playing the game, it's not bad for them to give us a way to accrue good stuff while AFK.