Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Why would you pay 5 bucks to read long tweets.

They are garbage!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Undo tweets is basically the same scam as NFTs since, you know, screenshots exist.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

dialhforhero posted:

Undo tweets is basically the same scam as NFTs since, you know, screenshots exist.

I think it actually keeps them from going live for a set period of time so theoretically no one would actually see it

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Yeah it's like the Gmail feature that lets you "undo" sending an email, they just buffer it for a certain amount of time, hopefully long enough to realise you hosed up

If you don't pay for Twitter Prime you can always delete the tweet but someone might see it and screenshot it before you do

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

christmas boots posted:

I think it actually keeps them from going live for a set period of time so theoretically no one would actually see it

That's useful for alcoholics who drunk tweet, but most of the time the difference between a hot take that is brilliant and a hot take that is career ending is only obvious after people react to it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Jeff, take notes here

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

christmas boots posted:

I choose to believe that while it avoids publishing them to your followers it still publishes them to everyone else.

Also absolutely LMAO at the idea that any of the galaxy brain idiots would be deterred from showing their whole rear end by a delay.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1400110030410731527?s=19

What the loving gently caress?

Also, name checking Janaille Monae like that is super hilarious since her first album is about an android trying to escape its corporate overseers.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

All of that poo poo will have been painfully and carefully planned out in some insanely long and tedious brainstorming meeting.

“Ok cool - and then we get the .co.uk account to mention making a “cuppa tea” guys? What do you think?”

What a way to make a living eh ?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

christmas boots posted:

This feature is actually already available to everyone for free. What you do is, you write the tweet, but then instead of pressing the "Tweet" button, you don't do that. You go and do something else for five minutes, then you come back and reread the tweet and simply choose not to post it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Not to accuse Glenn Greenwald of being a fascist (he is) but it's mystifying to me that more fascists don't realize how quickly they could conquer the entire country if they offered people health care on top of all the fascism.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

Not to accuse Glenn Greenwald of being a fascist (he is) but it's mystifying to me that more fascists don't realize how quickly they could conquer the entire country if they offered people health care on top of all the fascism.

Health care in the sense that any real person means it is incompatible with American fascism

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pretty incompatible with fascism in general I think, the only thing they nationalize is other countries.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Somfin posted:

Health care in the sense that any real person means it is incompatible with American fascism

Try the American Fascist Healthcare Program! Free healthcare! If you get sterilized. Offer applies to *whispers among fascists* everyone but us

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

OwlFancier posted:

Pretty incompatible with fascism in general I think, the only thing they nationalize is other countries.
Third Position fascism still crops up from time to time but their weakness seems to be traditional fascists murdering them to consolidate power.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Skwirl posted:

that is the playbook of a lot of radical parties in the EU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

that is the playbook of a lot of radical parties in the EU

Doesn't most of the EU have health care?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

By american standards yes but that's not saying much.

I don't think there are any UK fascist parties doing that any more though, they all went hardcore libertarian and the last vaguely "we should have a society but only for white people" party was probably the BNP. Now it's all appealing to megaracist boomers who already own a house and hate the idea of taxes and foreigners and their children being happy.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Greenwald’s pal Taibbi now just going full into the “you made me a nazi!!” cartoon

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1400535408518340616

Jesus. What loving happened to that guy. His stuff in Rolling Stone on the financial crash was terrific journalism and writing and now his brain just appears to have melted.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Aren't American Conservatives anti-Catholic though?

I thought their version of Fundie Christianity was against Catholicism. As in full-on Jack Chick-esque equating the Pope to a baby blood drinking paedo.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CharlestheHammer posted:

Why would you […] read […] tweets.

They are garbage!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

I thought their version of Fundie Christianity was against Catholicism. As in full-on Jack Chick-esque equating the Pope to a baby blood drinking paedo.

American Catholics come in many stripes. They are traditionally a democratic voting bloc (the only two Catholic presidents have been dems) but lately there's been the rise of "tradcaths" on the right and also there are tons of single issue voters regarding abortion.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

smellmycheese posted:

Greenwald’s pal Taibbi now just going full into the “you made me a nazi!!” cartoon

Jesus. What loving happened to that guy. His stuff in Rolling Stone on the financial crash was terrific journalism and writing and now his brain just appears to have melted.

Yeah, we're getting a lot of full on masks off poo poo lately. I know he won't reply to me (even if he normally would have, god knows there's enough comments that he probably won't see mine) but I just asked him "so are you openly declaring you're a fascist now?" But anytime someone says something like this I want to ask them "are you speaking for yourself? Are you now more right wing than you used to be specifically because you keep getting too much criticism from the left?"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

You're about 50 years out of date. Fundies and Evangelical Christians bonded with right wing Catholics over abortion post Roe v Wade.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

They can't even pick their graph axes right.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Twitter is really missing an opportunity to let people pay to make someone appear like they suddenly have x amount less followers.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Zesty posted:

Twitter is really missing an opportunity to let people pay to make someone appear like they suddenly have x amount less followers.

Pay to change someone else's pinned tweet

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Twitter red text. Something Awful ahead of the game again.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Twitter Lead, for when the ratio isn't enough!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Tiggum posted:

This feature is actually already available to everyone for free. What you do is, you write the tweet, but then instead of pressing the "Tweet" button, you don't do that. You go and do something else for five minutes, then you come back and reread the tweet and simply choose not to post it.

Twitter already has draft and tweet scheduling features baked in, free of charge. They just came up with a third barrier between brain and internet and then decided to charge users for it this time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Knormal posted:

They can't even pick their graph axes right.

Yeah I thought that was weird too, like what? Have deaths on the y axis and time on the x axis.

That way it makes it look like trump lieing made fewer people di some how.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah but then the quotes would have to be vertical or on leaders or something.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Just.... no

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

gbut posted:

Just.... no

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

smellmycheese posted:

Stare not too long into the crack, for the ping stares also into you

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The boomers I know just love replying to and sharing this sort of catnip for dumdums intended to drive up engagement metrics or whatever:

It is great that getting drunk and getting expelled apparently occupy the same tier of infamy for people who are allowed to drive cars and vote.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Drove car - $10
Voted - $10

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Bingo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012