Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Legit didn't know they weren't married

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Big fan of the MOVES division idea :lol:

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Big chaotic energy from “Retro” B+V

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
can't articulate how much i appreciate the blues song intro to the retro B&V show

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

miss bryans love of the blues they gave the shows a good opening vibe

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Suplex Liberace posted:

miss bryans love of the blues they gave the shows a good opening vibe

He realised a lot of his favourite old songs were hella sexist or racist.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Lightnin’ Hopkins owns

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

What happens first Bryan playing Someone In Back or Oh Susanna by accident?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Gaz-L posted:

Also I think his video uploads would get DMCA'd when it had music in them.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Seams posted:

Lightnin’ Hopkins owns

It is in fact a sin to be rich but a low down shame to be poor.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I don't understand business stuff.

Bryan thinks WWE is setting itself up to sell. Sell to who? Why? Vince won't own it anymore?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

NikkolasKing posted:

Bryan thinks WWE is setting itself up to sell. Sell to who? Why? Vince won't own it anymore?

Probably NBC Universal, possibly another large conglomerate looking to pad out their digital library.

Because Capitalism.

He doesn't even fully own it now. This would be pulling off the bandaid.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

NikkolasKing posted:

I don't understand business stuff either but this is my interpretation of the stuff I've heard and I think I'm being accurate.

The most likely buyer would be NBC Universal, since they own USA Network and Peacock, they're already giving WWE a lot of money, so it makes sense. Vince wouldn't own it any more but he'd probably still have a lot of stock and could be kept on to run the thing. They could concievably get rid of him if they wanted to, but they probably wouldn't, it doesn't really make sense to value the WWE enough to buy it and then get rid of the guy who built it and is in charge of everything.

Concievably, Disney could buy it, or ViacomCBS, as well. WWE's dream scenario would be to have two or more of these media conglomerates outbidding each other.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NikkolasKing posted:

Vince is the majority shareholder, but it's a public company. Any sale of WWE would require the shareholders agreeing by vote to sell at a given price - shareholders will likely get some amount of the new company's stock in exchange (at a ratio such their value is roughly the same as what it was at the time of sale). You'll be shocked to discover that the way the shares are set up, Vince's vote is the only one that actually matters.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Vince is the majority shareholder, but it's a public company. Any sale of WWE would require the shareholders agreeing by vote to sell at a given price - shareholders will likely get some amount of the new company's stock in exchange (at a ratio such their value is roughly the same as what it was at the time of sale). You'll be shocked to discover that the way the shares are set up, Vince's vote is the only one that actually matters.

That's not true! Steph and Hunter's votes matter a teensy bit!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gaz-L posted:

trips opens up the lockbox containing his stock certificates and there just a note in there that reads

Ha Ha
-Nick

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

Not really. The most recent breakdown I can find is from 2016, when Vince owned 48% of stock, but that translated to over 70% of voting power. They've all traded stock since then, so that's definitely changed some, but I would be legitimately shocked if Vince hasn't maintained enough of the original ownership stock (Class B? I forget) to hold onto at least 50%+1 votes, which is all that matters.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Not really. The most recent breakdown I can find is from 2016, when Vince owned 48% of stock, but that translated to over 70% of voting power. They've all traded stock since then, so that's definitely changed some, but I would be legitimately shocked if Vince hasn't maintained enough of the original ownership stock (Class B? I forget) to hold onto at least 50%+1 votes, which is all that matters.

I really just meant that the family have all the special stock that has like 10 times the voting weight. And wanted to dunk on H.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Teensy being the operative word.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5ErRxgbzjQ&t=107s

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Did Dave sneak in a 90210 reference in today's WOR? :allears:

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Endless Mike posted:

Apparently when he sells voting class shares to someone else, they become non-voting shares automatically

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

El Generico posted:

They could concievably get rid of him if they wanted to, but they probably wouldn't, it doesn't really make sense to value the WWE enough to buy it and then get rid of the guy who built it and is in charge of everything.

That's what Ted Turner did to JCP. I don't think Jim Crockett Jr lasted a year after Turner bought WCW.

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine
https://youtu.be/QOSJwSwPuR8

an official F4W song i guess.

loving I don't know how to embed YouTube videos on here but it's a song by mega ran and some other guy about Omega and Okada doing a rap battle or something and Kenny Omega intros the song.

it's uploaded on the official f4w YouTube.

thought it was meh at best.

SexMetalBarbie fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 3, 2021

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

IceAgeComing posted:

Apparently when he sells voting class shares to someone else, they become non-voting shares automatically
They're still voting shares, but the voting power changes to that of a regular public share.

Brandon Thurston updated his guide to the shares and voting power in March; Vince's 38% ownership of the stock ends up translating to 81% of the voting power: https://wrestlenomics.com/2020/09/23/who-owns-wwe-a-look-at-world-wrestling-entertainments-major-shareholders-2021/

So he'd have to sell off a LOT to lost majority voting power.

davidbix fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 3, 2021

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Did Dave sneak in a 90210 reference in today's WOR? :allears:

I do believe he did. And if there was any doubt the man was clearly not cowed by Miro's misguided attempt at intimidation.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I just happened to flip over to Twitch and F4WVideo is going live for the B&V show again. Is this going to be a recurring thing now that Vinny's back in-person?

e: Turns out the Twitch stream was impromptu. But they're adding a $9.99 video tier to see live episodes of stuff as well. (Still doing WOL and post-PPV reviews on Twitch too.)

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jun 4, 2021

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

They uploaded a short video about Lance talking about the WWE cut, but the best part of the video is the bonus stuff after:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZRZP-_Y1Ms

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Davros1 posted:

That's what Ted Turner did to JCP. I don't think Jim Crockett Jr lasted a year after Turner bought WCW.

God, I want to be hopeful about this kind of scenario, I really do.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Davros1 posted:

He had a role on and off for a few years, but TBS went back on the promise to leaving the Crocketts in charge pretty much immediately.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Didn't Crockett Jr. and Dusty piss away a bunch of money and goodwill that lead to the sale? Seems like it would make sense to keep him far away from anything important.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Crockett was the one who had the experience at actually promoting a wrestling company. As long as Turner held the purse strings, it was a good idea to keep him around.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TheKingslayer posted:

Didn't Crockett Jr. and Dusty piss away a bunch of money and goodwill that lead to the sale? Seems like it would make sense to keep him far away from anything important.

As an example I believe at one point Dusty insisted they have "a Dallas office" despite never running shows there because at the time WCCW still had it locked up.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

IceAgeComing posted:

They change from 10 votes per share to 1 vote per share.

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine
I don't get this Dave Meltzer segment I'm listening to on Andrade saying that fans weren't excited for him and it might be a sign that people don't want prelim guys from WWE and he got a small reaction and the Vicky thing no longer works. I feel like I watched a completely different segment Vicky was getting so much heat that the fans didn't even hear who she had announced and then he got an okay reaction for limited capacity at like 10:30 on a Friday night after they'd already watched two and a half hours all I've seen online is people excited that Andrade is here not one person has said oh man they're signing WWE mid carders because everyone with a brain understands that the guy could have been more of a mid-carder if the company wasn't loving stupid. this is Dave take seems really off base Garrett agreeing with him being like I think the Vicky stuff people are tired of it while it got some of the most heat on the show as she always does. just a stupid take all around

e: he ain't going to out work Rey Fenix he's just not but he's going to have to be close that's the comparison - Dave.

yeah that's the comparison if you're some weird racist who can only compare the Mexican wrestlers to each other, see: WWE.

SexMetalBarbie fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 5, 2021

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine
also Garrett Gonzalez, saying that Jericho said this was the best wrestling in the world today and if the best wrestling in the world has the hire people WWE fired how does that look.

my dude wrestling isn't real this isn't like Andrade was shoot losing fights and now for some weird reason this other fight company is picking him up anyway any single person watching aew knows that WWE underutilizes people and probably has a list of who is being underutilized. companies are allowed to hire people from WWE and you're an idiot if you complain about that.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SexMetalBarbie posted:

e: he ain't going to out work Rey Fenix he's just not but he's going to have to be close that's the comparison - Dave.

yeah that's the comparison if you're some weird racist who can only compare the Mexican wrestlers to each other, see: WWE.

Dave was saying it would be cool to have an old-school masked luchador as a top guy in the context of Andrade not putting on the Sombra mask again. He points to Fenix as an example because, get this, Fenix is a masked luchador who has been pushed as a top guy (main events against Kenny, etc)

Separately, he was saying that Andrade has to be motivated and work hard to make it in AEW because it's a workrate promotion.

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

flashy_mcflash posted:

Dave was saying it would be cool to have an old-school masked luchador as a top guy in the context of Andrade not putting on the Sombra mask again. He points to Fenix as an example because, get this, Fenix is a masked luchador who has been pushed as a top guy (main events against Kenny, etc)

Separately, he was saying that Andrade has to be motivated and work hard to make it in AEW because it's a workrate promotion.

that's absolutely not the moment I'm quoting, yes there is a moment where he ponders if Andrade should have had the mask and then he says it'd be cool to have a masked main event but I guess they have Pentagon and Fenix that's fine

towards the end of the Andrade talk he says that Andrade is going to have to be good and he's not as good as Fenix but he's going to have to be close because that's the comparison.

two different moments One he made an okay point one he made a loving lovely point.

the fact that he thinks the natural comparison for Andrade is Fenix is the lovely thing here.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Maybe he made the comparison because he was just talking about Fenix a minute prior? Like that's the most insane reason to ascribe racism to that comment.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It is a weird comparison as Andrade doesn't really work like Fenix. He's a little like Penta, I suppose but frankly I think he's most like PAC or Kenny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

It is a weird comparison as Andrade doesn't really work like Fenix. He's a little like Penta, I suppose but frankly I think he's most like PAC or Kenny

I don't think he was talking about style there, he was talking about the level of effort required to set yourself apart in AEW and Fenix is probably the high bar for that. I think it was in contrast to a guy like Braun who would almost certainly try to walk into the company and coast on his name/look without putting the work in to improve in the ring.