Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Has anyone done a Crush your Head guy gimmick?

Vince would love a guy that says he is going to crush your head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

it would be very impressive to see that pulled off with their current camera work

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I mean Crush was basically that. His finisher was him crushing your head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJBKThgn6Gk

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Vince has an interocitor guy.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I mean Crush was basically that. His finisher was him crushing your head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJBKThgn6Gk

http://wrestlecrap.com/inductions/active-inductions/induction-crushvignettes/

How dare you not post his WrestleCrap entry.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Gaz-L posted:

*Note: Ubisoft denies any and all comparisons to anything remotely political how dare you

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3dp8j/gun-church-that-worships-with-ar-15s-bought-a-40-acre-compound-in-texas-for-its-patriots

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I used to waffle back and forth between the cult vince created being really good or the wrestlers just dumb

But I’ve been in the wrestlers are just dumb camp for a while now, seeing clips of tommy end on twitch saying how much vince liked him and his ideas is just more icing on the cake

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

George Exeter

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I know an Indian wrestler who would squash peoples heads… Like a grape!!

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Speaking of Texas and double double e... latest Dark Side of the Ring was on Crave and... jesus loving christ! I heard some rumours from you goons that Jake the Snakes dad was a paedo but I didn’t think he was going for the Jimmy Saville prize. Last weeks episode on the warrior was a bit light, I felt, but not this week. loving sad and props to Jake for getting healthy and sober for a decade now. Go watch it if you can. Still laugh that all the wwe puff piece documentaries are as forgettable as the rest of their programming but Dark Side of the Ring mostly hits. gently caress Grizzly Smith and I wish him an eternity of wwe booking.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/BLACKXMASS_/status/1400561284077158401

Aleister Black was going to kidnap Dominick. Also his look was meant to be Joseph Seed from Far Cry and not Garth Merenghi or David Koresh... I don't believe him.

A lot of this stuff needs an editor, but in general a spooky satanist doing weird poo poo but who also can and will kick your head off does have legs as a concept.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

A lot of this stuff needs an editor, but in general a spooky satanist doing weird poo poo but who also can and will kick your head off does have legs as a concept.

An anything who will kick your head off has legs as a concept because kicking people's heads off is loving awesome

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

how 'bout if it's a guy who kicks people's heads off while he tells them how much Vince McMahon loves him and wants him to succeed and thrive and insists that one day the Intercontinental title will be his

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’m a little bummed we aren’t going to get to see Black’s take on Calypso from the Twisted Metal series.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Aye Doc posted:

how 'bout if it's a guy who kicks people's heads off while he tells them how much Vince McMahon loves him and wants him to succeed and thrive and insists that one day the Intercontinental title will be his

So Mankind at Deadly Games? He was great!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I can completely believe that Vince loved the Garth Marenghi character right up until he didn't love the character and fired Black on a whim.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Lol, I just checked some wrestling news for the first time in a couple days, did WWE seriously fire Braun, Black, Buddy AND Ruby Riott? Fuckin' nuts. I hope to god Ruby makes it to AEW, she'll crush it there. Aleister would kill it in New Japan OR AEW. I think Braun would actually do great in New Japan or AEW as well, New Japan is good at booking Giants Who Can't Work That Well and Braun can work better than some the giants they've worked with in the past, and in AEW he'd be huge compared to almost all their roster. Buddy could crush it in New Japan's Junior's Division, but I feel like in AEW he'd just be another guy. Maybe Impact or ROH would be a better landing place for him?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I do think that we should stop making GBS threads on people who were essentially thrown out of a cult because they don't immediately condemn the cult leader, because the whole thing is structured for the middlemen to take the blame and if you're indoctrinated enough you'll start to believe that the leader is obviously good but he's also being screwed by his evil advisors much as you are and that's why bad things keep happening.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jun 4, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

I do think that we should stop making GBS threads on people who were essentially thrown out of a cult because they don't immediately condemn the cult leader, because the whole thing is structured for the middlemen to take the blame and if you're indoctrinated enough you'll start to believe that the leader is obviously good but he's also being screwed by his evil advisors much as you are and that's why bad things keep happening.

Also mocking people for choosing not to burn all bridges with one of the only companies in their industry that can offer a viable regular income

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

just kidding

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jun 4, 2021

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Tommy End is a cool chillbro, who cares if he didn't bury WWE on his way out. He's probably pretty financially secure and we're three months out from seeing him somewhere he can fulfill his potential. That's what's important. The entire wrestling world is his oyster, why waste time being bitter about garbage WWE people.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

There is a difference between not trashing the company and the extremely pathetic "Vince loved me and loved my ideas!" after a guy has been fired.

Yep

Also lmao at the concept of “burning a bridge” with WWE when people from as high as Brock to as medium as Christian to as low as Carlito have not only actively pissed them off after being gone, but have still found their way back even despite it

Warrior pissed them off, while there, during two separate contracts and got a company award named after him

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Yep

Also lmao at the concept of “burning a bridge” with WWE when people from as high as Brock to as medium as Christian to as low as Carlito have not only actively pissed them off after being gone, but have still found their way back even despite it

Warrior pissed them off, while there, during two separate contracts and got a company award named after him

In fairness despite being a garbage person Warrior was over like rover so they were always going to want him, and the award was an opportunity to cash in on a dead legend so of course they were going to do it.

Nobody is clamouring for the Aleister Black Services To Closet Promo Awareness Award

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
if anyone has ever posted in e/n they’re not allowed to make fun of tommy end

also poor guy, he really thought he could finally have a huge stage for his ideas. I hope he gets one someday because he has a lot of heart behind them

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

Rarity posted:

Also mocking people for choosing not to burn all bridges with one of the only companies in their industry that can offer a viable regular income

i mean shutting the gently caress up is also just an option. you don't have to poo poo all over the company but you also don't have to come out and speak as if Vince is some deity. you can simply just say nothing. which I wish 99% of wrestlers would do.

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine
also dude seems like a goofy rear end try hard. Tommy End can gently caress off to his Tumblr (which of course he actually has) and do Ring Of Honor where i can ignore his entire existence please. don't care that guy can do a few kicks in otherwise underwhelming matches.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I don't think you can talk about your experience in WWE without talking about Vince at any point. He's kind of integral to the whole operation.

Also I see that it's that time again when goons insist against all reason that the person who keeps having great matches is actually super bad and can't wrestle.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Woah easy there, Aleister isn’t on the list of wrestlers that it’s acceptable to make fun of for being a dumbass yet.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

SexMetalBarbie posted:

also dude seems like a goofy rear end try hard. Tommy End can gently caress off to his Tumblr (which of course he actually has) and do Ring Of Honor where i can ignore his entire existence please. don't care that guy can do a few kicks in otherwise underwhelming matches.

Sounds like someone who never watched any Tommy End matches but okay.

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Woah easy there, Aleister isn’t on the list of wrestlers that it’s acceptable to make fun of for being a dumbass yet.

his Tumblr does enough of that for me. hope he post more black and white Darby Allin on his all black background like he did yesterday. so cool. so hype. so dark. ooooo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't care how much 00s emo poo poo a guy wants to post on the internet if he can kick some dude's face off

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

Also I see that it's that time again when goons insist against all reason that the person who keeps having great matches is actually super bad and can't wrestle.

so far it looks like just one dude, not "goons"

and its also perfectly okay if someone doesn't like his matches!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

All those great matches Aleister had in WWE

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
He had plenty of great matches in WWE.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I like when he sits down.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

**creeeeak**

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

maybe it's a swerve and these people are all going to hop out of the crowd monday night and destroy everyone like the nexus invasion

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

All those great matches Aleister had in WWE

He had awesome matches with KENTA, Velveteen Dream, Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa, AJ Styles, Kevin Owens and Buddy Murphy. I see this we've hit the 'this guy was off TV for 6 months he must have always been bad' part of the cycle*

*which is followed by the 'oh poo poo this guy debuted somewhere and it was awesome turns out he always good' part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Strowman’s knees are hosed yes but we’re talking about Tommy End now