Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

if they still have the trolls sounding like Jamaicans and Horse people like Native Americans then might as well hire a master to voice them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Baroness Frieda with prideful interruption:laffo:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Josh Christ posted:

Adams a girl lmao

Nick's a butler

wait, I guess it's actually a governor, so I guess he got elected to the castle

Victory Position has issued a correction as of 20:54 on Jun 3, 2021

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
just noticed that adam's character is also a vampire
:can:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lol

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
e: misread the post, disregard

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Josh Christ posted:

Adams a girl lmao

he's lucky they didn't make him a bug.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

i'm watching the June 1 Cushvlog where he discusses the Ministry for the Future book and lol at the notion that 20 million dead Indians would lead to actual action on climate change...

I've read the book and enjoyed KSR's works (and his interview on Intifada) but he comes off incredibly lib-brained in this book where he portrays the solution to climate change as a technocratic trans-national organization tasked with representing the views of unborn future generations

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
The Bruenings did a good look at Biden’s America Family Plan, and how it could be better along with looking at how the plans could work to promote family development. And calling out the American Compass for being full of poo poo. Meanwhile the wonderful podcast “blocked and reported” talked to Ben Burgis about his recent book on cancel culture.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

this is like 6 months old!

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I’m glad it’s making the rounds again

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

shrike82 posted:

i'm watching the June 1 Cushvlog where he discusses the Ministry for the Future book and lol at the notion that 20 million dead Indians would lead to actual action on climate change...

I've read the book and enjoyed KSR's works (and his interview on Intifada) but he comes off incredibly lib-brained in this book where he portrays the solution to climate change as a technocratic trans-national organization tasked with representing the views of unborn future generations

The Years of Rice and Salt is probably my favorite work of fiction, but yeah all of KSR's "in-the-not-too-distant-future" climate change stuff is just...I dunno. Fiction as a coping mechanism I suppose.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
The Years of Rice and Salt was the only time I ever got to put any of the dumb bullshit I studied as an undergrad to use. I love that book.

I'm working through The Ministry for the Future now and I like it.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Crowsbeak posted:

Meanwhile the wonderful podcast “blocked and reported” talked to Ben Burgis about his recent book on cancel culture.

this sounds excruciating

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

Again, I don't know why Steely Dan got pegged as the quintessential tiresome dad rock band. Like, "Peg" and "Do it Again" are great singles. Now Foreigner, ugh, that is some loving garbage. I guess it was one of those memes that comes out of nowhere and is immediately beaten to death.

Happy to see this, since it seems like almost everyone younger hates Steely Dan, despite Steely Dan objectively being extremely good, just on a pure technical/production level. It's the sort of thing where, even if you're not personally into the music, you should still admit that they're really talented.

Steely Dan is basically one of my go-to artists for testing headphones/speakers.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

Happy to see this, since it seems like almost everyone younger hates Steely Dan, despite Steely Dan objectively being extremely good, just on a pure technical/production level. It's the sort of thing where, even if you're not personally into the music, you should still admit that they're really talented.

Steely Dan is basically one of my go-to artists for testing headphones/speakers.

If only they were really talented at making music for people who aren't giant nerds

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Victory Position posted:

this sounds amazing

It was.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
New TrueAnon on the Fort Bragg murders. Pretty much a non stop machine gun fire of crack pinging.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ben burgis sucks

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.

Ytlaya posted:

despite Steely Dan objectively being extremely good, just on a pure technical/production level

anyone who describes good music this is way is extremely a dad, sorry

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

it's not that Steely Dan aren't good, it's just that they're extremely lame. nothing wrong with liking them so long as you know you like lame music.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

dad rock was boring in the 60s and 70s, it was boring when we were all kids in the 90s or whatever, and it's boring now. don't care whether its steely dan, steve miller, wilco, or whatever current year band we collectively decide is dad rock in 15 years

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

all music is lame and all musicians are losers

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Danger posted:

New TrueAnon on the Fort Bragg murders. Pretty much a non stop machine gun fire of crack pinging.

Oh is that the one where Spec Ops keep murdering people with the collision of the army and local pd,

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

that whole thread is indeed great. 4 years of being in the resistance, talking about assets and tradecraft, yet he sees brace in baby's first disguise and shits his pants.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

a Loving Dog posted:

You gotta embrace the glory of the losers.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Danger posted:

Troops are all psychos.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

The Trueanon was cool, I hadn't heard of that before and it was interesting, but most of the stuff they talked about on the episode was in the Rolling Stone piece.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

it's not that Steely Dan aren't good, it's just that they're extremely lame. nothing wrong with liking them so long as you know you like lame music.

steely dan is funny because these are both true. they are both extremely good and also extremely lame

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Quotey posted:

Toad the Wet Sprocket

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Ytlaya posted:

And Introducing did an episode on prog rock, and the most interesting aspect to me is how the prog rock fad made some rock stars out of people who definitely don't have the personality of a rock star. Mike Oldfield just wants to hole up in some university sound laboratory and figure out how to program a computer to play a glockenspiel in 12/8 time.

Halloween Jack has issued a correction as of 18:43 on Jun 4, 2021

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Picked up Ministry for the Future so I can follow along with the Christman streams. Surprisingly readable so far for a 500 page science lecture with a disconnected narrative and chapter length asides on "look I'm not saying we should murder oil CEOs but I'm not not saying it either"

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

a Loving Dog posted:

Don't leave us hanging, post ur soundcloud

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

tokin opposition posted:

Don't leave us hanging, post ur soundcloud

this doesn’t work when I owned you yesterday using the same tactic. sorry but you need to go back to the drawing board rereg

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I cant believe how excited I am for frqncyfst!!

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/FRQNCY_live/status/1400566802069917696?s=19
5 likes
100 followers

Wonder how many tickets they sold

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

babypolis posted:

steely dan is funny because these are both true. they are both extremely good and also extremely lame

I guess no one listens to "And Introducing" because the Donald Fagan episode really expounds on how lame the man actually is

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

paul_soccer12 posted:

https://twitter.com/FRQNCY_live/status/1400566802069917696?s=19
5 likes
100 followers

Wonder how many tickets they sold

https://frqncy.live/

Lmao this is just discord but you're paying to watch things.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
So it's like a bonus episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

xtal posted:

So it's like a bonus episode

Post your podcasts xtal