Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

I've never seen this one before :staredog:

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Who's hungry?

Teavian
Oct 9, 2012

Good timing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TLx6obW-Tk
At 2:12, there is no ring.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

(It’s an amazing Swiss Alpine cheese called Chällerhocker)

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Aardvark! posted:

Similarly, I just ate a couple of these things for dinner for the first time in a decade+

Not quite as good as I remember.

We had these a lot when I was a kid, but because I was a little psycho I'd scrape the ham and cheese out and just eat the slightly cheesey flavored chicken.

Not bad.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Quality aside, why would you label a parma "pizza"? A parma is already a thing; it's good and popular. You don't need to pretend it's something else.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

A thin chicken schnitzel / pizza with a load of poo poo dumped on top of it is the top regional delicacy in the north east of England where it is known as a “Parmo”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parmo

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

It can also form the basis of a larger and more sophisticated array of delicacies known as a “Munchbox”

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I always enjoy how natural the chicken used in these products looks. Bubbly and without a hint of muscle fibre, like god intended.

Never stopped me from eating them, mind.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mmmm chicken foam.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

quote:

The numerous 'raw's and 'fully cooked' on these packages are posing more questions than they answer

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I always enjoy how natural the chicken used in these products looks. Bubbly and without a hint of muscle fibre, like god intended.

Never stopped me from eating them, mind.

We cooked some (different brand) alongside some homemade chicken kievs once. Eating both at the same time it's really obvious that the meat doesn't have the texture, colour and flavour of a chicken breast.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

smellmycheese posted:

It can also form the basis of a larger and more sophisticated array of delicacies known as a “Munchbox”

Man why haven't these migrated west

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

[Grabs crotch] YEAH I GOTTA MUNCHBOX FOR YOU! [gyrates] EY!

But seriously that pic is giving me indigestion

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

smellmycheese posted:

This looks great except for the onion/chicken/octopus(???) rings at the bottom. Those and the fries probably need a little more time in the fryer.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

smellmycheese posted:

Upend that entire thing directly onto my upturned gawping face

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

Man why haven't these migrated west

Died of dysentery

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

This looks great except for the onion/chicken/octopus(???) rings at the bottom.
... chicken rings?

e: _____/

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This one appears to be a Chinese takeaway version.

Edit : which apparently makes your penis shrink according to the accompanying article

https://www.irishmirror.ie/lifestyle/health/popular-munch-box-takeaway-could-7163764

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah one of the local Chinese places does do boxes like that at least

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

My Lovely Horse posted:

... chicken rings?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Holy poo poo I have to find out if any of my go-to places have a "box full of Chinese goodies" because drat I could destroy that

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

smellmycheese posted:

Edit : which apparently makes your penis shrink according to the accompanying article

https://www.irishmirror.ie/lifestyle/health/popular-munch-box-takeaway-could-7163764

who the gently caress was the first person to start feeding fried pizza to snails and then measuring their dicks

e: the snails' dicks, but either way, honestly

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Zil posted:

They are and they are good

I ate a poo poo ton of these as a kid when my dad lived in Kansas. I choose to remember them being good and never ever try them again.

Tiggum posted:

Quality aside, why would you label a parma "pizza"? A parma is already a thing; it's good and popular. You don't need to pretend it's something else.

Because it's being sold in the US and no one here, myself included, knows wtf a parma is unless you mean fake cheese maybe? Except not even that because in freedomland we don't have to care about AOCs so kraft can make as much parmesan as it wants.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 13:44 on Jun 4, 2021

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Butterfly Valley posted:

The numerous 'raw's and 'fully cooked' on these packages are posing more questions than they answer

The Kiev is a cooked then frozen version that is microwaveable.

The cordon bleu one is frozen raw and must be cooked in an oven.

The raw ones are far better.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Biting right into a microwaved chicken kiev full of molten garlic butter.

e;
Holding it above your face so it all comes splashing down.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

MariusLecter posted:

Biting right into a microwaved chicken kiev full of molten garlic butter.

e;
Holding it above your face so it all comes splashing down.

It really is just a fleshlight if you're desperate.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

... chicken rings?

Looking closer on mobile they're almost certainly onion rings.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I remember a few years back seeing munchy box pics online along with "only in Scotland" taglines and lolled.

Now every single chip shop, kebab house and Chinese takeaway here offers some variant on them.

You win :scotland:.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I have no idea how parmos haven't migrated further south, I'm from Leeds which is considered northern by most of England and have never seen them in the wild

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Looking closer on mobile they're almost certainly onion rings.

Looks like calamari to me.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Tiggum posted:

Looks like calamari to me.

Lol at the idea an English takeaway shitshack would have something as posh as calamari. They’re onion rings

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

smellmycheese posted:

Lol at the idea an English takeaway shitshack would have something as posh as calamari. They’re onion rings

Lol at the idea of calamari being posh.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Tiggum posted:

Lol at the idea of calamari being posh.

Exactly.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say. Calamari is one of the standard things every fish and chip shops sells in Australia. :confused:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Tiggum posted:

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say. Calamari is one of the standard things every fish and chip shops sells in Australia. :confused:

I’m saying that Calamari, while not that posh, is still too posh for shitshack English takeaways - as opposed to your gourmet bijou Aussie fish and chip shops

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah no-ones putting calamari in those boxes lol, those are Tesco value onion rings

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I love the implication in all this that onion rings are in ring shape because of some fad or tradition, not because that's how they come in nature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
i prefer fried onion sticks