Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Silver Falcon posted:

I realize this may be :thejoke: but I'll try anyway.

400 Euros is not 400 USD. It's closer to 500 USD.

Except prices between $ and € usually have parity, given that us European customers are paying with the sales tax baked in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Al-Saqr posted:

yes but the nintendo switch is 300 euros while in america money it's also 300 dollars, just because it costs one thing in europe doesnt mean the exhange rate is the same around the world.

for example, a 60 dollar game on steam in the US might end up being sold at 40 dollars in the local steam market I'm at.

LEARN ECONOMICS (and marx)

Marx said the switch pro will outperform the PS5

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Violet_Sky posted:

Marx said the switch pro will outperform the PS5

So it was written in Gamers Capital.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd rather have Persona 3, 4, and 5 on Switch than have a Switch Pro. Insane how these games still haven't been ported over, like how loving ironclad of a deal does Atlus have with Sony? I was shocked P4 even came out to PC.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The Switch Pro is real and my friend and it's just off camera so you can't see it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DLC Inc posted:

I'd rather have Persona 3, 4, and 5 on Switch than have a Switch Pro. Insane how these games still haven't been ported over, like how loving ironclad of a deal does Atlus have with Sony? I was shocked P4 even came out to PC.

SMTV is coming in November

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Who needs Persona anymore when Nocturne came out two weeks ago?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
SMTV will probably be better than any of the persona games so who cares

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

SMTV will probably be better than any of the persona games so who cares

Arent SMT games super different from Persona games? I love persona but I've never touched SMT.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, they're good for one

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Arent SMT games super different from Persona games? I love persona but I've never touched SMT.

theyre better

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, they're good for one

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Al-Saqr posted:

Structure-wise they're different (no social element or time constraint) but they're still based around recruiting and fusing demons, taking advantage of enemy weaknesses, etc.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah they’re very different and liking one doesn’t mean you’ll love the other. Persona is good I was just playing into the dumb civil war between Persona and the main series

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Al-Saqr posted:

jump in

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I hope Atlus Released Persona 5 royal to switch or PC soon I was too poor to get a PS4 when P5 was first released :smith:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Al-Saqr posted:

SMT is like a pokemon game if the trainer was involved in fights and you actually had to try and couldn't just faceroll the game with your starter

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I definitely will for SMTV but all the reviews for SMT3 say it's a little too old fashioned while SMTIV (the one that blew peoples pants off I think?) is stuck on the 3DS.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Al-Saqr posted:

I hope Atlus Released Persona 5 royal to switch or PC soon I was too poor to get a PS4 when P5 was first released :smith:

I feel ya

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Confirmed.

Even caught one talking about the switch pro rumors while getting that screenshot!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

beer gas canister posted:

Have a look at Tangledeep. It's a bit easier to get into than Shiren, and they share a bit of DNA. You can painlessly transfer items, money, and pets to future characters. It looks good, and the port is perfect.

I got both :kiddo:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Al-Saqr posted:

I definitely will for SMTV but all the reviews for SMT3 say it's a little too old fashioned while SMTIV (the one that blew peoples pants off I think?) is stuck on the 3DS.

I've been playing SMT3 HD and it doesn't feel old fashioned at all

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Al-Saqr posted:

I just got a Vita so I plan to grab a PS4 to remote play P5R, 13S and LAD in bed. Next best thing and it only costs $600!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

flavor.flv posted:

Confirmed.

Even caught one talking about the switch pro rumors while getting that screenshot!

lmfao thank you

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Balan wonderland banished Yuji Naka from games, now he can only hurt real people

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

3 is at least 5000x better than 4

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Was SMT4 really great? I totally blanked when it released and it passed me by since I was playing 100 fire emblems on 3ds at that point

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My estranged third cousin told me that it's going to be called Nintendo Switch ON

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

gently caress, that's a horrible name and exactly the kind of bullshit nintendo loves

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

Was SMT4 really great? I totally blanked when it released and it passed me by since I was playing 100 fire emblems on 3ds at that point

It was good

Apocalypse was good too

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Andrast posted:

It was good

Apocalypse was good too

should I start with SMT3 as my first SMT game? I've never played any of them but I do own Strange Journey for DS for some reason, though I think that one is a spinoff.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Are OG launch Switches still selling for stupid money? Last I heard was because of the exploits you can perform.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

should I start with SMT3 as my first SMT game? I've never played any of them but I do own Strange Journey for DS for some reason, though I think that one is a spinoff.

3 is the best one but it's also the hardest. SMT 4 is a fine introduction and might be cheaper than buying the smt3 HD port now. The stories in these games don't directly connect so play order doesn't matter.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

DLC Inc posted:

Smt 4 is the only one I've played but I was pleasantly surprised by it. The tone gets pretty dark/creepy/sobering and I enjoyed the gameplay. The overworld map was really lovely though

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

glassyalabolas posted:

Are OG launch Switches still selling for stupid money? Last I heard was because of the exploits you can perform.

Why buy a pro when you can overclock now? :smug:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
the IV overworld expects you to know the actual layout of Tokyo. Apocalypse is much better about this

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Butterfly Valley posted:

Except prices between $ and € usually have parity, given that us European customers are paying with the sales tax baked in.

Current Switch consoles go for £280 in the UK, which xe.com tells me is $395

20% of that UK price is sales tax, so the pre-tax price is still $330 here :negative:

Regional price differences are still a thing, markets that will historically pay more get charged more

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

Nocturne and 4 are both fine as first entries

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

4 was my first and it was great.

Apocalypse and the DDS series are my faves tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

NumptyScrub posted:

Current Switch consoles go for £280 in the UK, which xe.com tells me is $395

20% of that UK price is sales tax, so the pre-tax price is still $330 here :negative:

Regional price differences are still a thing, markets that will historically pay more get charged more

Yeah I know that and I intentionally wasn't going into relative costs, I was just pointing out to the OP that if a Switch Pro/whatever was listed at €400 in an EU shop it's a safe bet it'd be $400 in the US too. Take a look at the pricing for most other consumer electronics currently. UK prices are usually slightly less in a concession to the pound being more valuable than the dollar and euro, except the difference is nowhere near the actual exchange rate.