Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
kinda wish g1 wasn't botched would have been interesting to see how it played out

In a way, this was the best possible outcome. The other best possible outcome would be someone not dropping a game in back to back zerg mirrors, but thankfully we don't have to hope for that impossibly unlikely outcome.

I don't fully understand what happened between killing all the zealots and mismicroing against the last new zealot in g5. Queen should have been able to do more during that period and the observer didn't really show us what happened. I get that Queen was mega tilted and did a strategy he hadn't planned or practiced to do -- which is always a recipe for disaster.

I can't tell if hero vs larva is going to be a blood bath or devolve into a circus of "let's make air units and get air upgrades and then mash 3.5 control groups of mutas into each other". ZvZ has had that weird arc kinda frequently over the past year or two.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Khorne posted:

I don't fully understand what happened between killing all the zealots and mismicroing against the last new zealot in g5. Queen should have been able to do more during that period and the observer didn't really show us what happened. I get that Queen was mega tilted and did a strategy he hadn't planned or practiced to do -- which is always a recipe for disaster.

if queen had killed that pylon like half a second earlier, that zealot would have never come out and he'd have won the game right then and there. i think that might have got to him.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

if queen had killed that pylon like half a second earlier, that zealot would have never come out and he'd have won the game right then and there. i think that might have got to him.
It seemed like he was running around doing nothing a lot of the time too. I didn't see him hitting probes on the edge or even threatening to a lot of the time. But I could be wrong, I watched kinda casually while doing work on my other screen.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
holy gently caress what a series

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Upon further reflection, I'm flummoxed by how mini made queen look totally out his depth. even when queen did try some early game aggression it was like he wasn't fully comfortable with the playstyle. and those timing attacks on the +1 fast zealots are something to behold, although he won't get away with those again probably. I am very glad with how this series turned out, and I'm looking forward majorly to seeing larva v hero. I'm rooting for larva, he is such a personality, and he plays so goddamn well.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Larva is the gooniest pro ever, we're all on his side

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Yeah, I suppose it's a bit of a disadvantage for mini to have to play against zerg in the semis and the final - he certainly can't have as many surprises in the bank now. At least he can practice the match-up a lot...

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Elephunk posted:

Having met Larva on a number of occasions I can say this is 100% accurate and he deserves all our respect and support

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Elephunk posted:

jinjin5000's translation of the flash going to the military stream is 100% worth a watch in general and you in particular reminded me of it because of one particular scene where larva is listing off his half a dozen exemptions of military/civil service. Whole thing is a good watch if you care enough about korean broodwar to know who flash and larva are in 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JteSArP86Vw

Khorne
May 1, 2002
The ASL casts seem pretty late this week. Finals are in under 24 hours. The remaining RO4 game happened 2 days after the one they put up a while ago.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

The StarCraft English Channel is usually about 2-3 days after the event happens, then it seems Tastosis is almost a whole week after. Don't understand why unless it's some non-compete thing with Afreeca

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

could the delay be because they want to put in subtitles?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

jinjin5000's translation of the flash going to the military stream is 100% worth a watch in general and you in particular reminded me of it because of one particular scene where larva is listing off his half a dozen exemptions of military/civil service. Whole thing is a good watch if you care enough about korean broodwar to know who flash and larva are in 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JteSArP86Vw

holy poo poo larva :stonk:

anchorpunch
Mar 30, 2006
Apparently there were more than 260k viewers watching the finals in various streams. Not bad for a 23 Year Old retro game^^

Khorne
May 1, 2002

anchorpunch posted:

Apparently there were more than 260k viewers watching the finals in various streams. Not bad for a 23 Year Old retro game^^
I'm waiting on the tastosis cast. Mostly because if I don't wait for it I'll watch the finals & then not watch the tastosis cast.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 7, 2021

anchorpunch
Mar 30, 2006
https://vod.afreecatv.com/PLAYER/STATION/73482232
Not sure why Tastetosis are so far behind, there are probably reasons, but i ended up watching the scan/nyoken cast. It is pretty good and while maybe not as entertaining, their game reading and explanation even is superior.
It is actually somewhat confusing to me that there seems to be an english livecast on afreeca after all, just not by tastetosis. So i dont really understand what the problem was. Their pitch to support their patreon to "keep english asl alive" appears kind of misleading. Or am i missing/misunderstanding something?
E: oh, i now remember something about tasteless nd artosis being on twitch and therefore not being allowed to cast on afreeca or something

anchorpunch fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jun 7, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Most partner agreements, at least the ones I've seen which are admittedly older, allow you to broadcast on other platforms as long as it's not to twitch at the same time. So if the stream is on afreeca and not twitch it would not have been in violation. And that's as an individual streamer. They are even more lax when you are doing it for a studio and not yourself, and because an element of human judgment is involved "I work for a korean broadcasting company that broadcasts on their own platform x and uploads to youtube" is not something they're likely to act against.

Now I'm wondering what afreeca asked them to do vs how they interpreted everything vs whether they consulted with a lawyer or not. You'll get lots of bad advice from twitch cs & random people you talk to.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jun 7, 2021

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Exclusivity periods are also very common for vod content after initial broadcasts.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
asl up now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3AfvpzD3WM

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
hell yeah, finals are going to be great

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

lmao this match

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

game 4 of the second semis made me so frustrated and I'm not even a fan of either player

why didn't you just kill the third and expand yourself instead of trying to break 4 spores or whatever it was, hero

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Elyv posted:

game 4 of the second semis made me so frustrated and I'm not even a fan of either player

why didn't you just kill the third and expand yourself instead of trying to break 4 spores or whatever it was, hero
He could have just mowed down the natural multiple times but didn't recognize how far ahead he was. As long as those scourge didn't connect he would have won any fight even on the spores. Even when he ggd the muta count was close to equal and he had just lost ~5-6 mutas to scourge and just fought on spores.

Hero seemed exhausted in the final game and had a lot of mistakes that happen when you aren't really focused like not reacting to lings hitting his drones.

e: pretty sure hero was expecting to crush larva through micro/aggression alone because larva tends to play a bit of a "one step slower than you" zvz or does a hidden massing kind of thing. when you go in with that expectation and get trivially held by someone who has way more drones than you it's pretty demoralizing. I'd imagine it's hard to find a zvz practice partner nevermind one who plays the matchup like larva does. Larva has this "I am just going to play the game and not try to get a free win, if you want to win you have to prove you can play better than I do" thing going on in zvz.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 9, 2021

Loiku
Jul 10, 2007
I really wish they would pad the end of the video with some b-roll so it's a fixed length like 3 or 4 hours so you couldn't tell who was going to win after the first few games, especially in these games that are longer than a best of 3. I feel like they (or someone) use to do that years ago.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Loiku posted:

I really wish they would pad the end of the video with some b-roll so it's a fixed length like 3 or 4 hours so you couldn't tell who was going to win after the first few games, especially in these games that are longer than a best of 3. I feel like they (or someone) use to do that years ago.

Doesn't help that Z v. Z is just the worst mirror matchup.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Khorne posted:

He could have just mowed down the natural multiple times but didn't recognize how far ahead he was. As long as those scourge didn't connect he would have won any fight even on the spores. Even when he ggd the muta count was close to equal and he had just lost ~5-6 mutas to scourge and just fought on spores.

Hero seemed exhausted in the final game and had a lot of mistakes that happen when you aren't really focused like not reacting to lings hitting his drones.

but fighting on top of the spores instead of just getting a free kill on the third which he had scouted and taking his own third before going in for the kill in a few minutes was riskier

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Loiku posted:

it's zvz, you'd want to edit it down to about 35 minutes for a best of 5

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Third place match is up

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
https://twitch.tv/artosis

Artosis is doing a bad map FFA with Korean pros right now.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Loiku posted:

The Youtube algorithm really, really, really hates that kind of thing.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

skasion posted:

Third place match is up

i don't say this often about zvz, but taht series whipped rear end, especially the last game

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
There are browser plugins that hide youtube timestamps for you. Problem is I watch via youtube app on my TV and there are no options to hide time. Wish that youtube would add this feature.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i don't say this often about zvz, but taht series whipped rear end, especially the last game

yeah that series was seriously great and even the outcome was emotional

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Estraysian posted:

Artosis is doing a bad map FFA with Korean pros right now.
Game 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL4h3EfCEY8
What a great game! 40 minute FFA, not decided until the last minute. Protoss mind controlling an overlord in order to transport the trapped army off of the middle island was amazing. And then the game was finally decided when that overlord was killed, trapping the army again!

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

That was awesome.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWEdPDfish8

:supaburn:

e: this final DELIVERED holy moly

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jun 11, 2021

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012