Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

The Nastier Nate posted:

You don’t know his situation maybe she’s going to the mall and dropping a grand twice a day?

candles. it's always candles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Testvan posted:

Only if he does his $150 grocery shopping 3 times a day.

Which is probably not far from true considering they are feeding 4 and probably buying crazy poo poo at the grocery store.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
yeah i took it to mean she was hitting up the mall more than once a week

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The Nastier Nate posted:

You don’t know his situation maybe she’s going to the mall and dropping a grand twice a day?

he goes to the grocery store twice a day???

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I spend $150 at the grocery store every 2 weeks

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

He has a rare disease where he has to bathe in caviar twice a day. Don't be so ableist.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://www.fox43.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/restaurants-full-capacity-struggle-staffing/521-721baed1-c386-4379-96df-df9941bbe9c6

quote:

“I’ve been on the phone with numerous owners, numerous managers, listening to them cry to me and saying, ‘I can’t do it anymore. I have a 130-room hotel. I have one housekeeper,’” he said.

:qq:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
sounds like these owners and managers should learn to code

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Amazon's also hiring.

OR

Perhaps they should have saved more for a rainy day and spent less on iPhones and avocado toast!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I bet 95% of them have a refrigerator

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/mxtaliajane/status/1400556178833391621

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
That NFTs got taken seriously enough for MSM to take them seriously for any length of time is like the most severe indictment possible of our stupid, stupid world and the drooling, stumbling troglodytes that fill it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I don't think NFTs are dead. Undead maybe, but we'll be hearing about them again soon enough.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i don't see how they could rise again; the hype is gone and there's no million percent a day gains to be made with them anymore

well, this is what i would say if the past decade hadn't taught me that everything is incredibly stupid and nfts coming back will probably happen in ways so mind-bogglingly dumb it'll be hilarious

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

they're paying for two elite private school educations, and putting the maximum amount of money into their retirement accounts and their company stock-buying program. and even after all that, he's not actually worried that her spending thousands of dollars at the mall is gonna put them in the red or anything. he's just complaining that her spending is reducing how much they can put into their investment accounts

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
NFTs also don’t have the hype of Bitcoin where it’s supposed to revolutionize currency any day now.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

i don't see how they could rise again; the hype is gone and there's no million percent a day gains to be made with them anymore

well, this is what i would say if the past decade hadn't taught me that everything is incredibly stupid and nfts coming back will probably happen in ways so mind-bogglingly dumb it'll be hilarious

"I pulled out some of my AMC gains to send over to crypto and let the rest ride" is a real thing someone said to me yesterday

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
remember the ok boomer girl? :lmao:

https://twitter.com/loftipixels/status/1400223208171843589?s=20

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

is she not supposed to spend the money she makes off simps? like I don’t think she’s gonna lead the revolution or anything, but I don’t think she falls under this thread’s purview. also I still would.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

christmas boots posted:

I don't think NFTs are dead. Undead maybe, but we'll be hearing about them again soon enough.

yeah like everything connected to cryptocurrency it will just bubble up and down like a turd that won't flush

CharlestheHammer posted:

NFTs also don’t have the hype of Bitcoin where it’s supposed to revolutionize currency any day now.

neither does bitcoin though

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 23:04 on Jun 3, 2021

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

NFTs were incredibly stupid but they did afford everyone with shady crypto assets an opportunity to launder their poo poo into legitimate crypto assets by putting up an NFT and then buying it from themselves

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

NFTs you say?

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1387993822567665667?s=21

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

curious

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Imagine how many billionaires we could lock up tackiness was criminalized

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
There are rich people, and then there are rich people that own the means of production. I do get annoyed by the former, but they're not like the big problem here.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
mostly i just think it's a sign of our society's blighted soul when a d list viral video person makes enough cash to buy a house that's more expensive than what most people will earn in their lives doing actual productive work. but yeah still a cutie tho.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
She's a 23 year old who got rich off of memes and being a good looking woman on the internet, I'm shocked and horrified that she didn't donate all her money to Hamas and instead now lives in a fancy house and be shopping

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

remember the ok boomer girl? :lmao:

Money from what social media stuff she does aside, I feel like she shot her other videos from what I assume was her parents' house, and I got the impression her family is rich.

Not that this is an excuse; if anything it's the opposite. I have a strong hunch that younger people born into wealthy families from gen Z/younger millennials might be one of the worst demographics, even exceeding rich boomers. I think their brains will be broken by being born into immense privilege at a time of immense inequality, especially related to the rest of their age cohort.

Basically, the elites from Gen Z are going to be a bunch of turbo-sickos.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

poemdexter posted:

Which is probably not far from true considering they are feeding 4 and probably buying crazy poo poo at the grocery store.

i have 2 young kids and even if i shopped at the upscale grocery store that's more expensive than whole foods and bought everything organic, grass fed and free range meat, fair trade and brand name i dont think i could spend more then $1000 a month, maybe 1500 when they get to be ravenous teenagers

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Nastier Nate posted:

i have 2 young kids and even if i shopped at the upscale grocery store that's more expensive than whole foods and bought everything organic, grass fed and free range meat, fair trade and brand name i dont think i could spend more then $1000 a month, maybe 1500 when they get to be ravenous teenagers

What the gently caress? Everyone knows that it's vitally important to mix powdered diamonds into childrens' meals so they can properly digest their food.

You're effectively starving those poor children, and I hope someone reports you to CPS!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Ytlaya posted:

What the gently caress? Everyone knows that it's vitally important to mix powdered diamonds into childrens' meals so they can properly digest their food.
Oh god when they were doing the diamond cream joke in Arrested Development, all I could think of was the horrific microbleeds that would add up to basically just sanding down a limb.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

the gentle exfoliation is good for your complexion

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I spend $150 at the grocery store every 2 weeks

Like that guys an idiot but i doubt you have a comparable situation where this is meaningful in anyway

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Dude more than likely has a pantry full of clear plastic containers carefully organized and filled with snacks like you see in all the instagram/tiktok videos. Absolutely nothing cookable and they order out for lunch and dinner every day.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

indigi posted:

is she not supposed to spend the money she makes off simps? like I don’t think she’s gonna lead the revolution or anything, but I don’t think she falls under this thread’s purview. also I still would.

she's very low on the to-be-guillotined list if she even appears at all. but I'm gonna stake out the hot take that anyone who buys a two-million-dollar anything, especially a drat apartment, is unironically hosed up, probably due to chronic overexposure to capitalism

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

World War Mammories posted:

she's very low on the to-be-guillotined list if she even appears at all. but I'm gonna stake out the hot take that anyone who buys a two-million-dollar anything, especially a drat apartment, is unironically hosed up, probably due to chronic overexposure to capitalism

2 million really isn’t that much for decent Manhattan real estate. as far as things to spend millions on, somewhere to live in a place you like is one of the few I can understand even if I’m extremely envious. like if I won the lottery my first purchase is absolutely gonna be a nice house/apartment somewhere in downtown Philadelphia

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

indigi posted:

2 million really isn’t that much for decent Manhattan real estate. as far as things to spend millions on, somewhere to live in a place you like is one of the few I can understand even if I’m extremely envious. like if I won the lottery my first purchase is absolutely gonna be a nice house/apartment somewhere in downtown Philadelphia

*Adds name to libs.xls* I see. Tell us more

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

tokin opposition posted:

*Adds name to libs.xls* I see. Tell us more

I feel like this is a ploy to divide the working class so that we forget that landlords and capitalists are the real enemy. Also, I want a big house for my video games and anime.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I don’t want a big house or even a particularly nice house, I can always decorate it how I want. I mostly just want it in the place I want to live. I do want a huge fancy bathroom though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I think everyone in the world should be allowed to have a house in the country where they can grow potatoes and beans and do hand tool woodworking if they want.