Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

kaschei posted:

Buttons where your thumb actually go mean you can't use your thumb to grip. The sniper button on the Corsair M65 ruins a perfectly good mouse for me.

I disagree, the buttons need enough force to actuate that it isn't a problem. I'm a fingertip gripper and I'm not accidentally triggering the thumb buttons when I'm prepared to hit mouse4 in a shooter using a current Logitech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Is there any software that can assign per-app mouse profiles? My friend is looking to buy a Razer Basilisk but he hates the Synapse software and apparently doesn't want to deal with it if at all possible.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Artelier posted:

Is there any software that can assign per-app mouse profiles? My friend is looking to buy a Razer Basilisk but he hates the Synapse software and apparently doesn't want to deal with it if at all possible.

You can do this with logitech g hub for their mice, but then you're stuck using logitech g hub.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think XMBC (X-Mouse Button Control) can do this, but I never tried it myself.

TBH I want to because the Logitech software is terrible and getting worse, too.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Artelier posted:

https://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/xmousebuttoncontrol.htm

It only handles "standard" mouse buttons* though, so some of the extra buttons on a Basilisk will only do whatever their default function without software is (or be non-functional if they need software to do things).

*left right middle click, mouse 4 & 5 (aka forward back), scroll wheel rotate & wheel tilt

e:

orcane posted:

TBH I want to because the Logitech software is terrible and getting worse, too.
All mouse software is and always has been terrible. Also all RGB software is terrible. The main innovation in mice recently has been to add RGB. Double the terrible!

I bet Xmouse + a mouse with on-board profiles (like logi) would work pretty well for someone that wants both per-app productivity profile switching and gaming. Have your default profile set to the most standard set of mouse buttons for xmouse, then have gaming profiles with more keyboard stuff to bind in games.

Klyith fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 1, 2021

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

My M1 on my G502 broke last night and instead of just going to target and spending $40 to have my now 3rd one in five years, is there a better mouse with the same form factor that is similarly sized? I need a relatively large mouse for my relatively large hands so that I don’t grip it weird and inflame my rsi

Extra programmable buttons in the thumb area are also a huge plus so I can melee and crouch and ptt

e; razer basilisk v2 is lookin just right

dont know how much this matters to you, but though the v2 has plenty of buttons, a lot of them aren't as conveniently placed as the 502's. specifically, i missed the LMB side buttons.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Finally carried through on a threat and resoldered all my Logitech mice with Kailh GM 4.0 Reds. Genuinely took me longer to carefully cut away foot material over the screws (because the replacement feet are coming from China/Taiwan and won't be here for another three weeks) than it did to change the switches.

Click is heavier than the original Omrons. I wish it weren't, but whatever, I'll live with it. I was getting killed repeatedly in Titanfall 2 (yup, still playing THAT in 2021) because my gun would just randomly stop shooting, and random extra clicks making me skip dialogue in FFXIV, having a functioning left click is more important than the weight. That said, if you bought me 8.0s for free, I'd definitely swap them out, which are allegedly a lighter actuation force than the 4.0s, but Kailh doesn't want to put the actual actuation force on a spec sheet or anything, only saying, that "it's slightly lighter". I dunno. I've got three weeks between now and the feet getting here to test drive, I may very well order some 8.0s and do the swap before I change the feet and seal these mice back up proper.

Also, Kailh's product stack is weird and dumb and doesn't make much sense in how they name their products, and that the number in the product name is how many tens of millions of cycles the switch is rated for, not an indicator of position in product stack or actuation force or anything. (Considering that the Omrons in Logitech mice are rated for something like 10M to 20M actuations, 80M is overkill, but we don't have a choice.)

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jun 1, 2021

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

interrodactyl posted:

You can do this with logitech g hub for their mice, but then you're stuck using logitech g hub.

I haven't used a Logitech mouse in years so I got a Superlight X when my DeathAdder V2 stopped working after 2 months (Good ol' Razer QC). I returned the Superlight X for the Aerox 3 Wireless because I was not going to pay 200 dollars to use that piece of poo poo software. I mean, the Steelseries Engine is not better, but it doesn't brick mice on the firmware update and actually opens up when you click on it. Ghub kept crashing and I had to put the mouse in recovery mode 3 times to get the firmware updated. After that and the various pairing issues, it would drop over and over again. I might have gotten unlucky or something, but the Aerox 3 just connected out of the box.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Finally carried through on a threat and resoldered all my Logitech mice with Kailh GM 4.0 Reds. Genuinely took me longer to carefully cut away foot material over the screws (because the replacement feet are coming from China/Taiwan and won't be here for another three weeks) than it did to change the switches.

Click is heavier than the original Omrons. I wish it weren't, but whatever, I'll live with it. I was getting killed repeatedly in Titanfall 2 (yup, still playing THAT in 2021) because my gun would just randomly stop shooting, and random extra clicks making me skip dialogue in FFXIV, having a functioning left click is more important than the weight. That said, if you bought me 8.0s for free, I'd definitely swap them out, which are allegedly a lighter actuation force than the 4.0s, but Kailh doesn't want to put the actual actuation force on a spec sheet or anything, only saying, that "it's slightly lighter". I dunno. I've got three weeks between now and the feet getting here to test drive, I may very well order some 8.0s and do the swap before I change the feet and seal these mice back up proper.

Also, Kailh's product stack is weird and dumb and doesn't make much sense in how they name their products, and that the number in the product name is how many tens of millions of cycles the switch is rated for, not an indicator of position in product stack or actuation force or anything. (Considering that the Omrons in Logitech mice are rated for something like 10M to 20M actuations, 80M is overkill, but we don't have a choice.)

Kalih GM 4.0 Reds seem to have a Operating force of 70±10gf. It doesn't mean much if there is no mention of activation distance which is weird since Kalih does post that information with the all the Keyboard switches they make. KAILH GM 8.0 BLACK are showing a operating force of 65±10gf so you might need to order 4 or more to find the ones with similar feel before soldering them on.

I don't think that having to change the Omron switches is something that consumers need to do on a +100 dollar mouse. A lot of other mice companies have moved away from Omron switches so I am not sure why Logitech keeps using them when there is so many reports of switch failures with the Chinese Omron. The amount of videos showing people how to desolder their Omron switches from Logitech mice is reason enough not to keep using them.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

TacticalHoodie posted:

I don't think that having to change the Omron switches is something that consumers need to do on a +100 dollar mouse. A lot of other mice companies have moved away from Omron switches so I am not sure why Logitech keeps using them when there is so many reports of switch failures with the Chinese Omron. The amount of videos showing people how to desolder their Omron switches from Logitech mice is reason enough not to keep using them.

There's nothing wrong, in isolation, with the Omron switches. Logitech just hosed up by continuing to use a 5V spec switch with lower and lower power circuits, until they finally reached a breaking point of being so off-spec that they're almost non-functional. (It probably broke with the G_02 series because people complained a lot about battery life on the first G series.)

I have 2 G700 mice (well a G700 and a G700S, but it's cosmetic differences) with chinese Omron switches. Bought in 2012 and 2017. They're IMO 'fine'. I had to open the switch to clean the contact / refresh the spring after 2-3 years with both of them. Not ideal, but I've had to do that with previous mice I've owned as well.

Other mouse companies are switching to Kailh or whatever because everybody is like "omron sucks!" and they have vastly shorter turnaround on product lines than Logitech does. There's logitech and razer, and everyone else in high-end mice is pretty tiny.

(Like, I ain't disagreeing that Logitech hosed up and that might be a reason to avoid the company. But the idea of choosing a mouse for the brand of switch inside is crazy to me. They're microswitches, they really aren't that different inside.)

VVV oh absolutely, optical are very different. but a Kailh and an Omron contact switch aren't.

Klyith fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 1, 2021

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Well the optical switches are pretty fundamentally different. I know Razer, Roccat and Steelseries have gone optical now, are there any others?

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Just picked up the Steelseries Prime Wireless. Boy howdy, this thing is solid. The clicks are great, the PTFE feet are perfect, and the Steelseries software isn't too offensive. Not bad.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rinkles posted:

dont know how much this matters to you, but though the v2 has plenty of buttons, a lot of them aren't as conveniently placed as the 502's. specifically, i missed the LMB side buttons.

Honestly I didn’t know the LMB side buttons existed until a friend of mine asked me if I used them and found them necessary :v:

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Klyith posted:

There's nothing wrong, in isolation, with the Omron switches. Logitech just hosed up by continuing to use a 5V spec switch with lower and lower power circuits, until they finally reached a breaking point of being so off-spec that they're almost non-functional. (It probably broke with the G_02 series because people complained a lot about battery life on the first G series.)

I have 2 G700 mice (well a G700 and a G700S, but it's cosmetic differences) with chinese Omron switches. Bought in 2012 and 2017. They're IMO 'fine'. I had to open the switch to clean the contact / refresh the spring after 2-3 years with both of them. Not ideal, but I've had to do that with previous mice I've owned as well.

Other mouse companies are switching to Kailh or whatever because everybody is like "omron sucks!" and they have vastly shorter turnaround on product lines than Logitech does. There's logitech and razer, and everyone else in high-end mice is pretty tiny.

(Like, I ain't disagreeing that Logitech hosed up and that might be a reason to avoid the company. But the idea of choosing a mouse for the brand of switch inside is crazy to me. They're microswitches, they really aren't that different inside.)

Part of me wanted to believe that it is the case and mouse brands play up the switches as a easy marketing win among enthusiasts and the reddit crowds. Best example that comes to my mind is the XM1R from EndGame Gear which is constantly sold out because they swapped to Kalith 8.0 switches, even though they have been going on 9 months without any software to customize the DPI and other settings on the XM1R. The XM1 is still a great mouse but the Omron switches is consistently been mentioned as a negative and people are quick to point it out.

The other part of me is also seeing this as the next part of mice that people care about. It was early 2000s when the only thing people cared about was shape. It changed to what sensor the mouse was using. Then it moved to the type of feet on the mouse. Then it moved to the cable that was being used on wired mice and the response time on wireless mice. Now it is micro switches. I see this as a double edged sword because on one hand, it does drive innovation and new products to market embracing better components and design which is great since it makes the bigger companies move toward these trends. On the other hand, it leads to a lot of misinformation. People thought that static electricity from humidity was causing Ormon Switches to double click until it was proven otherwise but it is still sourced when people mention the problem.

Hell, when I was looking up my current mouse, there were people who were arguing that a 1000mhz wireless mouse with a 15ms click to response time was not worth it compared to a mouse with a 9 ms click to response time. Is it worth 80 more dollars if I hate the shape and weight? God no, but it's just the state of things now. I agree with RocketJumpNinja's philosophy of if it works for you, it's right for you. There is no one mouse for everyone, just the right one for the needs and specs you have. I wish more people would agree with it and not nitpick little details to justify their cognitive bias.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean, it is the switches that fail. It’s not a random trendy thing.

But the reason isn’t because they’re from China.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

TacticalHoodie posted:

Part of me wanted to believe that it is the case and mouse brands play up the switches as a easy marketing win among enthusiasts and the reddit crowds.

The other part of me is also seeing this as the next part of mice that people care about.

I don't see the two as mutually exclusive. There's a third factor, which is that people are extremely good at fooling themselves about things like this. We routinely overestimate the impact of small differences in conditions, when told that a difference exists. All of us have a little bit of audiophile in us.

Basically the user-side difference between these various mouse switches is not rubber keyboard vs mechanical keyboard. It's more like between 4 different linear gaming mechanical switches that are all variations on the cherry red. Secretly swap them out with another very similar one, a whole lot of people wouldn't really notice.

(This is OFC divorced from the double-clicking or other obvious broken results.)

Aphrodite posted:

I mean, it is the switches that fail. It’s not a random trendy thing.

:iiaca:: You buy a truck that needs a 80 amp alternator, but some idiot has installed a 40 amp alternator in it. It constantly runs out of battery and won't start. Put an 80 amp one into it, the truck is fine. Put that 40 amp one into a little hatchback, that car is fine. What was the failure?

Similarly, the switch in a G Pro that double-clicks after 4 months has normal wear and oxides but is within spec for the switch. If you took that switch as-is and put it into a MX518, it would work perfectly well for years. The switch hasn't failed, the mouse has failed. You can fix it by replacing the switch, you can fix it (temporarily) by cleaning the switch, logitech could fix it by using a different switch, or sending more power through the switch instead of loving LEDs.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Klyith posted:

Similarly, the switch in a G Pro that double-clicks after 4 months has normal wear and oxides but is within spec for the switch. If you took that switch as-is and put it into a MX518, it would work perfectly well for years. The switch hasn't failed, the mouse has failed. You can fix it by replacing the switch, you can fix it (temporarily) by cleaning the switch, logitech could fix it by using a different switch, or sending more power through the switch instead of loving LEDs.

But the RGB affects my aim. How am I going to pwn children without my RGB?! (Honestly, I turned mine off on my Aerox 3 to get the most of the battery. gently caress RGB.)

Opioid
Jul 3, 2008

<3 Blood Type ARRRRR
I’ve been using my Deathadder 2013 edition since… well 2013. Prior to that I had a Deathadder v1. Looking to upgrade to something with a couple more thumb buttons or easy to use index finger buttons. I like the soft large size of the DA’s thumb buttons and after 10+ years with this size/shape was hoping for something similar. Mostly play FPS and space sims so I don’t need MMO level of buttons.
I like the weight (I think it’s around 100g?) and don’t mind wired.

Any suggestions? I’ve got a SteelSeries wireless headset that is pretty great and their software is non intrusive so was considering down that line. Alternatively, with this DA lasting me 8 years I guess Razer is an option too.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I love Steelseries, I have a Rival 500 but its probably not what you want because it truly is "mmo level of buttons". But I still dominate in CoD or whatever so I dont think the bigger mouse makes that much difference depending on the size of your hand. Now that I've had all those buttons though, I dont use em in every game but say in Warzone I used almost all of them so it would be hard to give them up. I would have aim, shoot, ping, map, throw grenade, reload, melee, I forget the rest as I haven't played this year at all really but you get the idea. My original Sensei RAW which is what I landed on after months of trial and error with other mice lasted me 6-7 years and I'm not known for being gentle on gear. As you said, their software is great and I also really like my Arctis 3 and Apex 7. Though less stands out about the keyboard and I dont fully understand their insistence on shoving LED displays into thigs like keyboards and mice.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Opioid posted:

I’ve been using my Deathadder 2013 edition since… well 2013. Prior to that I had a Deathadder v1. Looking to upgrade to something with a couple more thumb buttons or easy to use index finger buttons. I like the soft large size of the DA’s thumb buttons and after 10+ years with this size/shape was hoping for something similar. Mostly play FPS and space sims so I don’t need MMO level of buttons.
I like the weight (I think it’s around 100g?) and don’t mind wired.

Any suggestions? I’ve got a SteelSeries wireless headset that is pretty great and their software is non intrusive so was considering down that line. Alternatively, with this DA lasting me 8 years I guess Razer is an option too.

AFAIK the only mice with top-side index finger buttons currently are Logitech, which... see the recent posts. I wouldn't recommend logitech currently unless you *really* want top buttons and are ok with returns / DIY repair.

(This is me -- if both my G700 mice spontaneously exploded, I'd probably get a G604. But that's because I really like on-board profiles, the logitech shape, top buttons, and wireless. So there aren't many other options. But I'd still think twice.)

For a bunch of extra thumb buttons, you might look at the HyperX Pulsefire Raid. Main reason is it has a symmetric shape that's kinda like a deathadder, but a bit flatter. It's supposedly pretty comfortable and only 10g heavier than a deathadder (light for an extra-buttons mouse).

OTOH the HyperX software is supposedly garbage even by the standards of mouse software. :stare:

codo27 posted:

I love Steelseries, I have a Rival 500 but its probably not what you want because it truly is "mmo level of buttons".
It's also out of production, so anyone that does want is outta luck.

Klyith fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 3, 2021

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

I never had a issue with Steelseries. I recently wore out a Steelseries Artic Pro Headset and gave away the Steelseries DAC to a friend who uses it to this day. However, they have a track record of new mice having issues on first run production. The Rival/Sensei 310 with rubber side grips that fell off after a few months and and the Aerox 3 with mouse feet too thin that it caused lift off distance issues come to mind. Steelseries is quick to fix such issues in future runs and their customer service is also good at issuing resolutions if you get affected by a manufacturing issue. The Prime and Prime+ seem to be what you are looking for but they are new as of this month so you might want to wait until all the jank is worked out of the mouse before buying it.

Klyith posted:

It's also out of production, so anyone that does want is outta luck.

The Rival 5 does have this wired side paddle that seems more gimmick than useful but I am sure someone will use it for something. It also has a SNIPER BUTTON. Ya know, for sniping.

Opioid
Jul 3, 2008

<3 Blood Type ARRRRR

Klyith posted:

OTOH the HyperX software is supposedly garbage even by the standards of mouse software. :stare:

Truly a terrifying thought.

It's too bad this 500 is discontinued, it looks like it would have been a great choice. Too many buttons to me is more like the naga 12 buttons just for your thumb. The 500 looks like a great medium ground.
I'm cool with DIY repairs, I've built a few mechanical KBs from scratch and even went as far as to design and manufacture my own pcb when the pcb for one of my favorite boards died.

Guess I'll hang tight and see how the Rival 5 reviews look. It's a shame I can't actually go into computer stores anymore and lay my hand on a bunch of mice to feel which I like...

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
How is Logitech’s warranty/replacement these days? My G600 has started double-clicking and it’s really annoying. I’m in Canada and I got it two and a half years ago I think?

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
I worship the ground NinjaPablo walks on

Opioid posted:

Truly a terrifying thought.

It's too bad this 500 is discontinued, it looks like it would have been a great choice. Too many buttons to me is more like the naga 12 buttons just for your thumb. The 500 looks like a great medium ground.
I'm cool with DIY repairs, I've built a few mechanical KBs from scratch and even went as far as to design and manufacture my own pcb when the pcb for one of my favorite boards died.

Guess I'll hang tight and see how the Rival 5 reviews look. It's a shame I can't actually go into computer stores anymore and lay my hand on a bunch of mice to feel which I like...
My G700 finally gave up the ghost and I snagged a Razer Trinity off FB Marketplace for 35 bucks (was still factory sealed). I doesn't look like it is discontinued (yet), as Amazon has it for 90 bucks atm.

I tried the 7 button panel, but I just couldn't adjust to it. I kept on having to think about where the button was I wanted to push. I put the 12 button panel on and it took me less time to adjust, and after a week or so, it's almost to straight muscle memory now.

The one real demerit I will give it is there is no real distinguishing difference between the side buttons. I know Logitech's version, and I think the Steelseries one, put a small dot bump on the 5 button, and Logitech's also has them setup with different heights on the edge's along the vertical rows. I also think that the bottom row is a bit too close to the bottom of the mouse, so if/when you use your thumb to pick up the mouse to move it, odds are you will push a button.

It being wired vs. the G700 being wireless is a zero issue for me, as the G700 would eat through batteries so fast I ended up just leaving the charging cable plugged in all the time.

It's a light mouse, but I've been using it for a good 3-4 months now and it's been quite solid and good to use.

Arivia posted:

How is Logitech’s warranty/replacement these days? My G600 has started double-clicking and it’s really annoying. I’m in Canada and I got it two and a half years ago I think?
I think their warranty time is 2 years, but don't quote me on that. Best you can do is toss them an email explaining what is going on and seeing if they respond and are willing to help/replace.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Koskun posted:

I think their warranty time is 2 years, but don't quote me on that. Best you can do is toss them an email explaining what is going on and seeing if they respond and are willing to help/replace.

2 years basically started with covid so theirs might be good for 3. Gonna have to be patient with them, it took over a month to get a replacement sent out when I did a claim last year, vs less than a day the year prior.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Steelseries had this big member sale (its a free reg to be a member) so I was gonna grab the jumbo 2x4' Qck RGB mousepad as it was deeply discounted and an underdesk headset mount, but shipping was nearly as much as the mousepad was. I sent them a message that I considered to be just a nothing into the void, hoping maybe one day they'd offer more economical shipping to Canada. They came back in short order with a voucher for free shipping plus another 15% off. I mean I already had goodwill towards them.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

2 years basically started with covid so theirs might be good for 3. Gonna have to be patient with them, it took over a month to get a replacement sent out when I did a claim last year, vs less than a day the year prior.

A friend of mine put in for a rma on a mouse with Logitech and it has been 3 months and several messages later and there is no resolution for it. Part of it is that it is a mouse that no longer made, but the idea that it takes that long to even get a code for a replacement is beyond silly even with covid delays.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Does anyone know if Logitech GHUB has a silent install switch, or any other installation parameters? The installer seems to be a basic x64 .exe file.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm getting off Logitech stuff because my G203 has developed the double click every one of the Logitech mice I've ever bought got, has anyone in here used the Roccat Burst Core? It has really good reviews around and I've always had really good experiences with Roccat's stuff but I want to make sure there isn't any weird long term issue they have before dropping cash.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

njsykora posted:

I'm getting off Logitech stuff because my G203 has developed the double click every one of the Logitech mice I've ever bought got, has anyone in here used the Roccat Burst Core? It has really good reviews around and I've always had really good experiences with Roccat's stuff but I want to make sure there isn't any weird long term issue they have before dropping cash.

Roccat's software is pretty bad. It's not hyperx levels of bad, but it is not as good compared to the SS Engine or Synapse.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

searching for a new mouse has led me to the part of youtube where minecraft children show you how to induce omron doubleclicking on purpose so you can attack faster in pvp :wtc:

maybe that's why companies like logitech still haven't fixed the problem, it's a selling point

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arivia posted:

Apparently they now often make you record a video of you running a double clicking test.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
iirc, when i was testing a G502 it came with a 2 year warranty. used to be 3, iinm.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

epic Kingdom Hearts LP posted:

Just picked up the Steelseries Prime Wireless. Boy howdy, this thing is solid. The clicks are great, the PTFE feet are perfect, and the Steelseries software isn't too offensive. Not bad.

Sure why not. You can get 12% off using coupon "3kliks12" other youtubers might have discount codes as well but this is the one I happened on. Now I'll have to think about if I want to cancel my white superlight order.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 5, 2021

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

njsykora posted:

I'm currently using the Roccat Burst Core and like it, although I wouldn't know how well it compares against other similar mice. I got it because I wanted a lighter weight mouse that could work left handed if you disable the side buttons, which it does. The software works well enough to load settings to the hardware and never need run again.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah I have a Roccat Suora keyboard and I used the Roccat software once to turn down the LED brightness and have never had cause to open it again so I'm not too worried about the software, it's almost certainly better than G-Hub which keeps resetting my DPI settings every few months.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Rinkles posted:

iirc, when i was testing a G502 it came with a 2 year warranty. used to be 3, iinm.

Back in the olden times when I bought my MX700, it was 5 years.

I feel kinda lucky that I've never had the double-clicking issue with Logitech mice. I've had other issues between half a dozen or so mice and 17 years, but not that one.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

repiv posted:

searching for a new mouse has led me to the part of youtube where minecraft children show you how to induce omron doubleclicking on purpose so you can attack faster in pvp :wtc:

maybe that's why companies like logitech still haven't fixed the problem, it's a selling point

Recently people have come up with a new way to play NES Tetris, because on the higher levels it simply becomes difficult to move the falling blocks quick enough to the sides. Your post reminded me of this article.

NES Tetris Players Call It 'Rolling,' And They're Setting New World Records

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Is there anything worth buying below $100 but above the Random Chinese Company/Amazon Brand $15 tier that isn't Logitech or Razer? I like 'em big and heavy. I'm pretty sure the answer to this question is no, but if anyone knows otherwise it would be you crazy cats.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opioid
Jul 3, 2008

<3 Blood Type ARRRRR

Eric the Mauve posted:

Is there anything worth buying below $100 but above the Random Chinese Company/Amazon Brand $15 tier that isn't Logitech or Razer? I like 'em big and heavy. I'm pretty sure the answer to this question is no, but if anyone knows otherwise it would be you crazy cats.

From what I’ve learned recently - SteelSeries stuff. Rival 600 goes up to 128g and is only $75 CAD so I’m sure it’s in your USD budget.

E: wireless goes up over 150g and is $99 CAD

https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-650-wireless

Opioid fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 5, 2021