Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

Nick Jr. Face posted:

It's the 80s all over again

6ft 220 is more like 94 when for a sec WWE said no roids. 80s were wayyyy bigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

WWE is likely getting sold and they're trading all of their talented wrestlers for giants who likely wont be able to go in the ring - this is a dream scenario for those of us who are looking forward to comedy

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Why not just hire shorter cameramen?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

Why not just hire shorter cameramen?

lol I like the way you think

They're too busy making the cameramen whip back and forth until they give the viewers seizures to think of that

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DogsInSpace! posted:

Hah. I bet you it was a company mandated "well we got this guy (raving loony talking about chemtrails, cheese pizza and white genocide) and this other guy (who got mad at the guy shouting at him and had enough) who got into a situation. Better fire them both."

It sounds like there really wasn't any other reason to fire him, at least as far as he knew:

Observer Newsletter posted:

EJ Nduka, who was the 6-foot-6 ½ pro bodybuilder who played college football that was a big surprise when he was cut, did an interview with “Ringsiders Wrestling” (Post Wrestling transcription) about how shocked he was when he was let go, and he thought it was some Candid Camera like game show segment. “Oh yeah (my release came as a shock). Every time I met with Canyon (Ceman), it was either a good meeting or I was getting a raise, so when I came into work Wednesday, 8 a.m. I’m still waking up, I just walked in the PC, I’m getting ready to go get ready, put my shoes on, my boots and everything and one of the assistants says, `Hey, EJ, you have a meeting today.’ I said, `No I didn’t have a meeting on my schedule.’ She was like, `Oh yeah, Canyon wants to talk to you.’ So then I start smiling because anytime I talk to Canyon, I’m getting a raise, so I’m smiling ear-to-ear and he comes to the door and he’s kind of like, he wasn’t smiling. He was kind of like, really serious so I’m like what the hell is going on here? So I follow him back to the conference room and he looks at me and he basically says, `This is one of the hardest releases I’ve done but, we’re gonna have to let you go.’ I thought I was on Candid Camera. I thought Ashton Kutcher was gonna come out. At first, I think I literally said, `Quit playing.’ I said, `Stop playing,’ and then I start looking around in my seat thinking the cameras are gonna come out because we rib each other all the time. Although Canyon and I don’t have that relationship where I play pranks on him but that’s kind of the things that we do, the boys do at the P.C. like in our downtime. We joke around so I thought I was getting ribbed. Like I wholeheartedly--but then he turned, he sat back and he kind of started getting a little red and I was like, ‘Are you serious right now?’ And he was like, ‘Yeah,’ and I said, ‘Why?’ And he says, ‘Budget cuts’ and I’m like, ‘What!?’ And it took me literally like five minutes to process it because everything that I have heard up until that point was how athletic I was, my charisma, how well I was picking things up and so it kind of caught me off guard big time. I was totally blindsided.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Even though I know the answer is going to be not to mention it or anything I do wonder what they do with Big E tonight. Black attacked him allowing Apollo to cover for the pin to retain the title. I'll laugh if they edit the replay of the match to take out Black's interference

And for SmackDown tonight we have:
Rey and Rey's large adult son vs The Usos for the titles
Bianca and Bayley will have some segment about a challenge Bianca has for her

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

we're gonna focus on huge oafs. Braun, you're fired.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If they made the ring smaller everyone would look bigger and they could fit more fans into the arena which means more tickets given away sold.

Hire me Vince

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

This was uploaded today after both of their partners were released lol

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
ricochet was in a tag team??

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Ricochet's p4p bootlicking champion status really can't mean good things for his mental health

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

flatluigi posted:

Him and Black won the Dusty classic and started on the main roster as a tag team

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

flatluigi posted:

Well he always had his pride until he joined wwe then he traded it for Hunter’s boots. Supposedly people saw him cleaning the bathrooms during wrestlemania and he was “happy to be there.” Another guy was in a stall and having a hard time when Rico told him to just relax and just enjoy things. Ricochet was pinned by the poop 30 seconds later.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Dacap posted:

Him and Black won the Dusty classic and started on the main roster as a tag team

i missed that entirely. was the dusty classic worth watching or would it just make me sad?

DogsInSpace! posted:

Well he always had his pride until he joined wwe then he traded it for Hunter’s boots. Supposedly people saw him cleaning the bathrooms during wrestlemania and he was “happy to be there.” Another guy was in a stall and having a hard time when Rico told him to just relax and just enjoy things. Ricochet was pinned by the poop 30 seconds later.

idk what this is but you should probably not be doing it publicly

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I wonder if Nakamura is on the short-list for cuts. I would think his contract is pretty big and they’re not really doing anything with him.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

flatluigi posted:

idk what this is but you should probably not be doing it publicly
This, yes, 100%

I didn't watch that classic but rico/black went on to compete for and lose shots at all 3 tag belts in the company over like a month so it's probably just saddening

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Ok, stupid question, why don't they just use any of the 200 plus wrestlers they currently have signed?

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

JT Smiley posted:

Ok, stupid question, why don't they just use any of the 200 plus wrestlers they currently have signed?

They're too expensive.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

flatluigi posted:

Ricochet was in two of the best tag matches I’ve ever seen, shame nobody in WWE is as good as Naruki Doi

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

flashy_mcflash posted:

I mean Crush was basically that. His finisher was him crushing your head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJBKThgn6Gk

I love the irony in that match given Crush started as the third member of Demolition to take over due to Ax's allergy issues, and Repo Man is Barry Darsow, who played Smash alongside him in Demolition. :D

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JT Smiley posted:

They don't know where the hard cam is.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Not particularly relevant to current discussion, and not WWE related since he was sacked recently.

But re: the choo choo train noises they added for Braun. Were these designed to mock him, or to get him over?

Was it a stupid thing to try and make the guy they knew they were overpaying look stupid, or was it an extra piece of creative input that they thought would appeal to ... somebody?

Neither makes WWE management look good.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i genuinely am not sure if wwe does anything with the intent to make people look good

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I think Vince was being shown how they can control the thunderdome sounds, and asked if they could add choo-choo sounds, and here we are

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Oh how we forget the birds, THE BIRDS!

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

Apollo gimmick now dead in Vince's eyes i bet.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SD https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/wwe-smackdown-live-results-two-title-matches-343231

Roman Reigns promo interrupted by the Usos. Jimmy still won't acknowledge Reigns, but says they're about to win the SD tag titles for a 7th time. Reigns wishes them luck, and points out when he says he'll do something, he does it. With the whole family watching this title match at home, it'd be wise if Jimmy keeps his word about this one
The Mysterios retain the SD tag titles over the Usos; Dominik pins Jimmy. Jimmy had the far shoulder up well before the 3 but the ref didn't see it. Reigns is pissed backstage at the loss, wants this fixed tonight, and points out them being 6 time champs and being booked for Mania once. He looks at Jey and calls him Jimmy; Jey corrects Reigns, who says "the way things are going, does it matter anyway?"
Seth Rollins won't answer questions about why he destroyed Cesaro
Chad Gable makes fun of Street Profits being losers (4-8 this year already), but they laugh off his attempts at helping
The Usos confront Sonya Deville and Adam Pearce, who insist they'll make a decision tonight about the ruling
Carmella defeats Liv Morgan
Sonya and Adam stop the Mysterios from leaving, and say there'll be a rematch tonight. The Mysterios understand
Bianca Belair can't deal with someone laughing at her, let alone constantly, so she challenges Bayley for Hell in a Cell. Bayley says via satellite she's been laughing at people like her all her life, accepts the challenge, and says when she wins, she's not the only one that'll be laughing. The segment ends with Bayley laughing as all the faces on the Thunderdome are replaced by the satellite feed of Bayley laughing, all around Bianca
Street Profits tell Otis Gable's holding him back. Otis doesn't listen and beats up both of them
King Corbin defeats Shinsuke Nakamura (with Rick Boogs). Postmatch he tries to take back the crown but Boogs holds him while Nakamura attacks and takes it back
Apollo Crews retains the IC title over Kevin Owens; despite Commander Azeez being banned from ringside, Azeez makes up for it by attacking Owens backstage before the match starts. Postmatch Sami Zayn beats Owens up more
Next week: Street Profits vs Otis and Gable
The Mysterios retain the SD titles over the Usos by DQ; Dominik had Jimmy beat again and Reigns comes out and destroys both the Mysterios singlehandedly, including with steps. He chokes out Dominik in front of the Usos, even as Jimmy asks him to stop. Jey tries to leave with Jimmy, Reigns briefly stops him, then beats up Dominik more

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 5, 2021

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Rey
https://imgur.com/gallery/KSVd9ta
Tag Match finish
https://streamable.com/mjehnx
Tracksuit Roman isn't happy
https://streamable.com/9chxsi
Not enough Bayleys
https://streamable.com/9tinbf
Apollo Finish
https://streamable.com/3ea1xi
Post match
https://streamable.com/w5xx8r
Tat Rematch finish
https://streamable.com/0fcy6w

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Sounds like the Mysterios suck and the Usos are even worse!

And that Bailey is a fan of Martin Lawrence!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
boogs nooo

n/m read the result wrong

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

is bayley turning into rita repulsa

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Draxion posted:

is bayley turning into rita repulsa

getting released would be like busting out of a space dumpster

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

So Nakamura has Rick Boogs as a minion now. They should bring back the violinist, and slowly have Nakamura accumulate a rock band.

There is endless opportunities for hilarity as jobbers try to audition with their Triangles, or Ocarinas or whatever. (Much like Billie Kay auditioning to be in the Riott Squadd)

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
So why/how does Bayley have control over the Thunderdome?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Drakkel posted:

THE LORE OF THE HUGGER

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I’ve wondered why they didn’t do that gimmick for Alexa or the Fiend since the start of the Thunderdome, and instead…it goes to Bayley.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

Drakkel posted:

As a heel, and thus allowed to have friends, she's friends with the tech crew.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So what the heck is the face/heel dynamic in this Nakamura/Corbin thing?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Nakamura's the fun heel, Corbin's the pathetic heel trying for a kicked puppy turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
So WWE currently has two different storylines involving an underutilized midcard babyface stealing the headwear from a heel