Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

jeeze, way to run a meme into the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

The Bloop posted:

I had a booth right next to these guys at a convention back when the meme was still fresh

But was it as fresh as Dee's Nuts?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Bloop posted:

I had a booth right next to these guys at a convention back when the meme was still fresh

You were at a convention decades ago?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Bloop posted:

Well? Did you grab a couple?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

The Bloop posted:

Huh, always wondered what Wilma did before she met Fred

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Bloop posted:

What was a nut company doing at the clown convention?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What was a nut company doing at the clown convention?

Spending an extra hour in the ball pit 🤡

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Bloop posted:

Spending an extra hour in the ball pit 🤡

Pee is stored in the ball pit.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
wowiezowie what an exchange

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You were at a convention decades ago?

I mean yes :corsair:

But this was 5 years ago right after it blew up on social media

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s kinda crazy how long it’s been a thing, like when https://www.doyouwant2cds.com started people actually did want 2 CDs.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/TheThomason/status/1400574315758702593

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'm guessing the NOPE in NOPEN means they're closed

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Heath posted:

I'm guessing the NOPE in NOPEN means they're closed
~cRaZy AnD aMaZiNg~

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Hirayuki posted:

~cRaZy AnD aMaZiNg~

Craymazing.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I really want to know what this was supposed to say.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RandolphCarter posted:

I really want to know what this was supposed to say.

Some things man was not meant to know.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Crazy amazing crying crazy
https://mobile.twitter.com/artiefox/status/900155318604374016

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!

You don't see many representations of the Tower of Babel story.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
When God made me he....

I got nothing after that

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

'Wasn't satisfied'

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I kind of feel like I just shot bigfoot blpfork

Splicer has a new favorite as of 22:00 on Jun 4, 2021

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
I think we have a winner

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dareon posted:

Mr. Nepal.

Was this posted here already? If so, kill me.

FistOfTacitus
Oct 21, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Kinda looking forward to that book, his bits on the hilarious knock-off warlord pistols on youtube have been pretty great. Guns made by people who weren't sure what guns are.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

FistOfTacitus posted:

Kinda looking forward to that book, his bits on the hilarious knock-off warlord pistols on youtube have been pretty great. Guns made by people who weren't sure what guns are.

So it's like My Tank Is Fight, but for guns?

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Kheldarn posted:

So it's like My Tank Is Fight, but for guns?

No because My Tank Is Fight was experimental weapons that rarely left the testing phase, this book is about knockoff pistols made during the Chinese civil war by people who had seen a gun before and we're copying them by hand in their basements.

Edit: i should clarify "maybe had seen a gun before or had someone who had once seen a gun describe it to them" was literally all the information they had before making these guns. They're all amazing.

Don Gato has a new favorite as of 03:43 on Jun 5, 2021

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I had my pledge in the first day, Ian's has covered Chinese knockoff pistols a lot and the videos are nuts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byEIP9mRAwA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtFPgu82f1c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPu0fQhnY48

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

badly photoshopped obvious plant it looks like :thejoke:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

slam dumps are what i get after eating at arbys

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Peppep:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

I’ve always wondered about that picture. Was Paul sitting on a barrel or something?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BigFactory posted:

I’ve always wondered about that picture. Was Paul sitting on a barrel or something?

Paul's dead, man.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Don Gato posted:

No because My Tank Is Fight was experimental weapons that rarely left the testing phase, this book is about knockoff pistols made during the Chinese civil war by people who had seen a gun before and we're copying them by hand in their basements.

Edit: i should clarify "maybe had seen a gun before or had someone who had once seen a gun describe it to them" was literally all the information they had before making these guns. They're all amazing.

They did have proper guns imported but not many of them, so some enterprising smith or machinist took one apart and tried to replicate it without entirely understanding why it was built the way it was. So you get something that, if you're lucky, might actually function as a gun but will probably jam a lot and possibly explode. The mechanical parts are mostly there but stuff like the sights and I think also rifling are often not because that requires special tooling and isn't necessary for the mechanical function of the gun. Or sometimes they make meticulous replicas of the fancy adjustable sights but they're all welded in place and stamped with random characters rather than actual ranges. Also they stamped a load of random gun brand names all over them.

It's like you gave someone a gun and said "make me a copy of this" and the person is a capable machinist but has not been exposed to the concept of a gun before so they make you a thing with the same moving parts that you can put bullets in and shoot but good luck hitting anything with it and maybe don't expect to be able to shoot it more than once.

Similar, I think, to the stuff they still make at the khyber pass today.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 01:22 on Jun 6, 2021

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

OwlFancier posted:

They did have proper guns imported but not many of them, so some enterprising smith or machinist took one apart and tried to replicate it without entirely understanding why it was built the way it was. So you get something that, if you're lucky, might actually function as a gun but will probably jam a lot and possibly explode. The mechanical parts are mostly there but stuff like the sights and I think also rifling are often not because that requires special tooling and isn't necessary for the mechanical function of the gun. Or sometimes they make meticulous replicas of the fancy adjustable sights but they're all welded in place and stamped with random characters rather than actual ranges. Also they stamped a load of random gun brand names all over them.

It's like you gave someone a gun and said "make me a copy of this" and the person is a capable machinist but has not been exposed to the concept of a gun before so they make you a thing with the same moving parts that you can put bullets in and shoot but good luck hitting anything with it and maybe don't expect to be able to shoot it more than once.

Similar, I think, to the stuff they still make at the khyber pass today.

Pretty much this but for the "artisanal" Chinese guns, mostly made by people who knew how to machine things but never saw a gun before or didn't fully understand why the parts were made in their configuration and assembled as they should be in the originals.

The knockoffs also extended to copying actual factory-made competent guns domestically produced in China that at the core are copies of domestic western designs with a few liberties taken/own unique touchups like a longer barrel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf6S7faQbhg

And the actual factory-made ones are mostly competent and function as a gun should be, evidenced by taking the domestic production one to a range(barring a few malfunctions, though it performed far better than a $200 modern piece of poo poo)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTJZvThT57E

On the other hand the true knockoffs of knockoffs/the hand-filed ones by individuals of varying skill levels are equally likely to function as a normal gun, jam tediously after every other shot, or just misfire and explode, blowing your hand clean off(assuming they actually take ammo in the first place.)

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Crossposting to Deviantart thread

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R1WPK3u8II

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Dareon posted:

Mr. Nepal.

The insta account 'Good Vietnam Shirts' has a lot of good stuff in this vein (they also do repro knockoffs of the best knockoffs for sale)

https://www.instagram.com/good_vietnam_shirts/

I found the (misnamed) Chrome extension GetThetPic! useful for grabbing stuff from Instagram

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/getthetpic/fkdmnfbeaepmildaolaoicjbfkghpcco?hl=en