Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

oobey posted:

Question: How does being inside of an enclosed sphere interact with Jagganoth's infinite length?

Show your work.

Stolen from CCCC's best thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Similar energy (Supergod #05, Warren Ellis)

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

This thread rules

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

and so we readers find out how gog survived and thrived to become one of the seven

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Rhaka posted:

I hope not entirely! I remember that thing not doing too much.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

If Jag can't vaporize one regular Gog, what is he going to do about an entire skybox made out of Gogs?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

My responses to this are: :sickos: and :unsmigghh:

Next panel has the demiurges realizing they've been branded for sacrifice

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
In order to render the upcoming fight's effects, Abaddon had to limit the skybox+fieldview from the arena, freeing up resources for more worms.

In more serious vein, is gog going to eat only the hogg?

Because uh... Everyone is inside the circle. If gogg eats hogg I assume the powergogs gog. If they become more powerful.... Why not just eat the rest?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
This is an excellent tribute to Miura.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I am so beyond hype. This rules. My pal Gog-Agog is the best.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Donkringel posted:

In order to render the upcoming fight's effects, Abaddon had to limit the skybox+fieldview from the arena, freeing up resources for more worms.

In more serious vein, is gog going to eat only the hogg?

Because uh... Everyone is inside the circle. If gogg eats hogg I assume the powergogs gog. If they become more powerful.... Why not just eat the rest?

If Gog actually cares about "Honoring the Pact" I guess she has to beat Jaggs first. After he's gone, there's really no more pact, so I think she's free to consume/assimilate/kill the rest. I don't know if Incubus or Mammon were ever rude to her, and Jadis wasn't mean to her but did sorta incidentally injure her with that ice spell. But that also set up Gog for some physical comedy. Whether she wants to kill them all I'm not sure, but I bet Mottom is next on the list.

I like that Jaggs started with a bunch of swords, then transformed so he has many arms AND many swords, and Gog's response is UNLIMITED WORM WORKS

edit:

habeasdorkus posted:

I am so beyond hype. This rules. My pal Gog-Agog is the best.

:hai: :hai: :hai: :hai: :hai: :hai: imagine :hai: faces surrounding you in a sphere, nodding together

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Gog, you fool, now he can't miss!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Who What Now posted:

Gog, you fool, now he can't miss!

He didn't miss the first shot at her.

Note how much that seems to have slowed her down.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The World Revolving (Bloodborne mix)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Decided that the voice of Gog-Agog is that of Jane Horrocks' character Bubble from AbFab

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Bilirubin posted:

Decided that the voice of Gog-Agog is that of Jane Horrocks' character Bubble from AbFab

Headcanon accepted. :hmmyes:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

GunnerJ posted:

This is an excellent tribute to Miura.

It's like the script said "gog-agog fucks everyone up" but with no clear idea of how that was going to happen. Miura passing feels like it was the catalyst. Unless it's a stylistic shift and Planet Gog was the plan from the get-go. I dunno other than poo poo's getting incredibly real!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

dromal phrenia posted:

If Gog actually cares about "Honoring the Pact" I guess she has to beat Jaggs first. After he's gone, there's really no more pact, so I think she's free to consume/assimilate/kill the rest.

Maybe I missed a panel explaining it differently, but I interpreted the pact as being not specifically about Jagganoth (though he's obviously been the one they all worried about), and more of a general MAD docrtine. Where if any demiurge actually tried to disrupt the 7-way balance, the other 5 pledged to not remain neutral. Jaggs vs all of them is just how it's worked out every time.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

dromal phrenia posted:

If Gog actually cares about "Honoring the Pact" I guess she has to beat Jaggs first.

Sadly, she cares about honering the pact

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

W.T. Fits posted:

He didn't miss the first shot at her.

Note how much that seems to have slowed her down.

Yeah but that wasn't even a real attack because it didn't have a name. That's just what happens when he exhales.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

I mean if Jaggs is right no pact of demiurges has ever stopped him so I still don't know why this will be any different

The memories awakened could always be false I suppose

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm pretty sure the previous conquering kings killed all/most of the other demiurges before getting squashed by Jagganoth.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Victis posted:

I mean if Jaggs is right no pact of demiurges has ever stopped him so I still don't know why this will be any different

The memories awakened could always be false I suppose

It seems like Jaggs has won every six-on-one fight against the pact of demiurges, and every one-on-one against the Heir, but no one's ever tried the seven-on-one heir plus demiurges teamup before, so it'll be different this time for sure!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

sirtommygunn posted:

I'm pretty sure the previous conquering kings killed all/most of the other demiurges before getting squashed by Jagganoth.

Correct. This is an entirely different ballgame.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i feel like the real difference here is the sparkling rainbow hole in his chest, the near-infinite iterations of jagganoth mopping up the multiverse probably include versions where demiurges were a factor

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I'm not sure why anyone continues to believe Gog is not a threat. I've posted Word of God from the tumblr before that "Even Jagganoth would have a hard time with her. She would be the strongest demiurge if not for her flights of fancy."

Maybe Gog was never focused in other turns of the wheel, maybe she wasn't even a demiurge in those turns, we know nothing about them. But we know from a source much more official than Jagganoth that Gog-Agog is very dangerous if she's focused, and she looks very focused to me!

...OK actually it's hard to get a read on Gog's current form but she looked very serious when she shlooped herself back together and I'm assuming today's page is part 1 of what happens when she's focused.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

On the one hand Gog jobbing out after all this buildup would be pretty lame. On the other hand it would be the ultimate in comedic timing.

But Gog is done with comedy for now. These are her serious faces.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Bussamove posted:

On the one hand Gog jobbing out after all this buildup would be pretty lame. On the other hand it would be the ultimate in comedic timing.

But Gog is done with comedy for now. These are her serious faces.

"tragedy is when you blow my head off; comedy is when i transform into a vast sphere of flesh and crush you into paste" - Mel Brooks, probably

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

dromal phrenia posted:

I'm not sure why anyone continues to believe Gog is not a threat. I've posted Word of God from the tumblr before that "Even Jagganoth would have a hard time with her. She would be the strongest demiurge if not for her flights of fancy."

Maybe Gog was never focused in other turns of the wheel, maybe she wasn't even a demiurge in those turns, we know nothing about them. But we know from a source much more official than Jagganoth that Gog-Agog is very dangerous if she's focused, and she looks very focused to me!

...OK actually it's hard to get a read on Gog's current form but she looked very serious when she shlooped herself back together and I'm assuming today's page is part 1 of what happens when she's focused.

We know it was the same list of Demiurges because Jagganoth got the iron nails long after the pact, and the nails are how he remembers the iterations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Jag is unbreakable, utterly unbeatable by any kind of fight. I think he literally cannot be beat, i'm taking it at face value. The only possible way you can win is by thinking in terms of something that is not a fight. So maybe gog can lock him into a 365 carnage deadlock but i don't think she can actually eat him.

It's a big theme that violence just locks you into more violence, and power is a prison, so maybe 6x3 vs 1 can work, but i think it's going to go down p weird and differently.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

MonsieurChoc posted:

The World Revolving (Bloodborne mix)

lol accurate

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Can't believe Gog-Agog has achieved the power of Domain Expansion. Its the pinnacle of Jujutsu Sorcery!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Surprised no one’s suggested this as Planet Gog’s BGM yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRFgviKp5hA

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

lol if anyone neglected to click this to see it in full they need to

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Maybe in previous iterations the tournament went down with a Solomon death (or at least incapacitation), no Solomon means no one to give Gog the do something demands, Gog never un-jesters in the previous fights and they all lose? Or something. I don't think they'll win here but I think the Gog is going to give him a run for his money in ways the others can't.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I don't think the "previous universes" thing is meant to be taken so literally.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

packetmantis posted:

I don't think the "previous universes" thing is meant to be taken so literally.

It is. Jagganoth has stated repeatedly he recalls the experiences of them before the wheel is turned back time and again.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
memories are just a lie your brain tells you to stop you realising you don't really exist

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

Rhaka posted:

I didn't know cthulhu was such a people person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It is. Jagganoth has stated repeatedly he recalls the experiences of them before the wheel is turned back time and again.

I know that. I didn't mean literally like that.