Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Facebook and Twitter have absolutely no financial incentive to let trump back on.

Trumps one card was to threaten a rival service to siphon some chuds off the platform and his blog lasted what...2 months?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The Nastier Nate posted:

Facebook and Twitter have absolutely no financial incentive to let trump back on.

Trumps one card was to threaten a rival service to siphon some chuds off the platform and his blog lasted what...2 months?

they know every single conservative social media, save 4chan and qcs, is doomed to fail

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

literally the only consequence trump ever faced

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Gresh posted:

Lol facebook will extend Tromps ban in 2 years, I don't think twitter will ever let him back on either. Matt Gaetz and MTG are gonna run, Trump will endorse one of them, and they will win and it will be loving glorious. Can you imagine Queen Karen MTG on a debate stage? lmfao. MTG and Matt Gaetz are the future of the Republican Party and everyone including the washington/media establishment are in denial about it.

MGT is actually mentally unwell though, not just someone with insane entitlement and bad politics or just an idiot with no self awareness like a lot of them. I don't think she could manage a statewide or nationwide race without imploding.

Thoguh has issued a correction as of 02:03 on Jun 5, 2021

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
as we all know, trump took over the 2016 primary because the establishment wasn't able to coalesce around a rival. MTG would have to pull off the same trick to win, and although it's certainly possible, she's getting a lot of attention very early on which makes a #NeverMTG push easier

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Thoguh posted:

MGT is actually mentally unwell though, not just someone with insane entitlement and bad politics or just an idiot with no self awareness like a lot of them. I don't think she could manage a statewide or nationwide race without imploding.

unlike trump who

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

captainbananas posted:

unlike trump who

he has afluenza

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

First as tragedy, then as comedy

First as Thatcher, then as Taylor Greene

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

it's going to be trump, it always was since like nov 4 of last year

why is there a thread for this, lmao

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

it's going to be trump, it always was since like nov 4 of last year

why is there a thread for this, lmao

so we can argue about what ifs

personally, I'm going to enjoy cotton getting steamered

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Ya best part of it being Trump (IF it's Trump), is him ritually slaughtering the next class of GOP up and comers

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Pook Good Mook posted:

Ya best part of it being Trump (IF it's Trump), is him ritually slaughtering the next class of GOP up and comers

I doubt anyone else will even run, except maybe Kasich, Sasse or other such losers

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I doubt anyone else will even run, except maybe Kasich, Sasse or other such losers

People like Cruz and Cotton are fueled entirely by ambition and an incorrect sense of their own likeability they will absolutely run, especially if Trump appears weaker and irrelevant

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pook Good Mook posted:

People like Cruz and Cotton are fueled entirely by ambition and an incorrect sense of their own likeability they will absolutely run, especially if Trump appears weaker and irrelevant

yeah those guys have absolutely no sense of shame

they're the senators eating dirt, bugs, and grass clippings on the playground for attention

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

you mean the GOP primary ads?

cause the dems are gonna find some empty suit to run against him and lose...again

well yeah of course, the Florida democrats are clown shoes even by dem standards

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Pook Good Mook posted:

I can't see Cotton running. He's a complete void of charisma and is only in the senate because of the big Koch checks and running in a one party state. He didn't even have a Dem opponent last time.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Pook Good Mook posted:

a lot of the "of course it's gonna be trump" posts remind me of the people who thought that hillary was getting the dem nod in 2020

i mean, if he really wants it, it's his nomination to lose, but he's gotta actually go after it and campaign like he did in 2016, and for a guy who rather famously hates to work, i have serious questions about whether he wants it enough to go through all of that again

he's still gonna tease that he might run, because he loves the attention it'll bring him, but my gut says that he just never really says he won't and let's the media talk endlessly about him and whether he could still jump in until it eventually becomes clear that he won't

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Azathoth posted:

a lot of the "of course it's gonna be trump" posts remind me of the people who thought that hillary was getting the dem nod in 2020

i mean, if he really wants it, it's his nomination to lose, but he's gotta actually go after it and campaign like he did in 2016, and for a guy who rather famously hates to work, i have serious questions about whether he wants it enough to go through all of that again

he's still gonna tease that he might run, because he loves the attention it'll bring him, but my gut says that he just never really says he won't and let's the media talk endlessly about him and whether he could still jump in until it eventually becomes clear that he won't

He wouldn't have to do any work in the primary. Itd be handed to him. All the trumpy candidates would drop out. The establishment gop might run someone but lol. Trump wouldn't even need to debate them. Tho you know he loves to be on tv so he might still.

General election, yeah hed have to rally his butt off. But he loves doing that too. Idk what his health will look like in 3 years tho. But if he's healthy enough he'll run.

Bananasaurus Rex has issued a correction as of 19:51 on Jun 5, 2021

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

i dont think trump would be a very good president

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

He wouldn't have to do any work in the primary. Itd be handed to him. All the trumpy candidates would drop out. The establishment gop might run someone but lol. Trump wouldn't even need to debate them. Tho you know he loves to be on tv so he might still.

General election, yeah hed have to rally his butt off. But he loves doing that too. Idk what his health will look like in 3 years tho. But if he's healthy enough he'll run.

i think you underestimate just how much the other psychopaths in the GOP want it too, and how much of a possibility they stand at winning by going for the trumpier than trump lane, and i don't mean dipshits like MTG or Boebert.

Cruz is definitely running, I'd be shocked if DeSantis didn't as well even if Trump runs, a dozen other Senators and Governors will declare, just like always. like yeah, trump is the frontrunner, but none of them give a poo poo that the voters want trump, they're all working out how to dethrone him, and if trump doesn't actually get his base out during the primary, he'll lose to the rest of them who did that kind of boring but effect poo poo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
opened this thread and started chuckling at the concept of voting for trump in 2024, but this time, for real, and to own the libs. what can i say, the platform works.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Smythe posted:

opened this thread and started chuckling at the concept of voting for trump in 2024, but this time, for real, and to own the libs. what can i say, the platform works.

Yeah man we know lol

Smythe posted:

i'd prefer 1488 heil hitler, gas the jews, but, well, thats not in that picture unfortunately. :tipshat:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

it is literally impossible to say if trump will run in 24 because on the one hand he hates work and really just needs attention. on the other hand as becomes increasingly irrelevant his need for that fix could cause him to run again

my theory is he starts doing his old campaign style rallies, and real campaign metastasizes around him in the sloppiest way possible

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Lord of Pie posted:

I can't see Cotton running. He's a complete void of charisma and is only in the senate because of the big Koch checks and running in a one party state. He didn't even have a Dem opponent last time.

people who are afraid of cotton have never actually seen him speak, he’s a fascist piece of dry toast and would never actually make it in a primary

now if he was VP to a decaying trumo that’d be cause for concern but that’s like several levels of events that need to go right

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump loving owns

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Soup du Jour posted:

people who are afraid of cotton have never actually seen him speak, he’s a fascist piece of dry toast and would never actually make it in a primary

now if he was VP to a decaying trumo that’d be cause for concern but that’s like several levels of events that need to go right

he's the GOP version of Kamala Harris, in that he checks all the boxes the base wants on paper but actual voters have a viscerally negative reaction to him, which is just hilarious

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

he's a suit stuffed with koch money with the personality of a tape worm

which is why I want him to run and get dunked on by gaetz or trungo

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

dads friend steve posted:

it is literally impossible to say if trump will run in 24 because on the one hand he hates work and really just needs attention. on the other hand as becomes increasingly irrelevant his need for that fix could cause him to run again

my theory is he starts doing his old campaign style rallies, and real campaign metastasizes around him in the sloppiest way possible

maybe his plan is to stall all the tax cheat investigations against him for 4 years and then in 2025, oops, cant indict a sitting president! t

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Soup du Jour posted:

Cotton is a freak who sounds like a robot who is very bad at pretending to be human:
https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/04/03/397337449/tom-cotton-eats-birthday-cake-almost-every-day

"Every day? Most days, with ice cream. Early on, when my wife and I were dating, we went to the grocery store, and I told her that sometimes I just buy birthday cakes, and I eat them. And she said: 'Really? I do, too.'”

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

if he wasn’t a fascist freak that story with his wife would be almost kinda cute. like even weirdos can find someone

but he’s a piece of poo poo. gently caress him

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

tamp

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Its Trump 100%. Yeah he hates work but he loving loves campaigning. The only time he seemed remotely happy during the presidency was when he was doing a rally

And its still Trump's party and he wouldn't even have to do anything to have the field automatically cleared for him

Also if there is one thing that you can count on, its him striking back twice as hard at the people who denied him something. He's one of the most narcissistic people in human history and he won't take the wound to his pride lying down.

Feldegast42 has issued a correction as of 01:03 on Jun 6, 2021

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Feldegast42 posted:

Its Trump 100%. Yeah he hates work but he loving loves campaigning. The only time he seemed remotely happy during the presidency was when he was doing a rally

And its still Trump's party and he wouldn't even have to do anything to have the field automatically cleared for him

Devil's advocate says he gets the same result being the Don Corleone where everyone has to come and kiss the ring.

But ya, I think it's Trump and his primary motivation is that he lost to Biden and it's eating him up

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

VideoKid posted:

Cotton is a freak who sounds like a robot who is very bad at pretending to be human:
https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/04/03/397337449/tom-cotton-eats-birthday-cake-almost-every-day

"Every day? Most days, with ice cream. Early on, when my wife and I were dating, we went to the grocery store, and I told her that sometimes I just buy birthday cakes, and I eat them. And she said: 'Really? I do, too.'”

dude jogs every morning just so he can enjoy lovely grocery store birthday cake. like the kind with the awful, cloying icing that tastes disgusting once youre no longer 8 yearas old

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Trump lost six months ago and his energy is so low there's this

https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1401404714508488704?s=20

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

LegoMan posted:

Trump lost six months ago and his energy is so low there's this

https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1401404714508488704?s=20

This is like an impression of him meant to make him look as bad as possible

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
He finally crashed down from the Covid Steroid treatment

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Too Many Birds posted:

i dont think trump would be a very good president

we should give him a chance

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
It's me. I'm the one who never gave Trump a fair chance.

And he sounds like a guy taking uppers in that video, tho I suspect it's just his brain slowly melting down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
TRUMP