Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I forgot sigs exist because I’m pretty sure my account defaulted to not showing them and it was years before I heard someone mention them and I learned of their existence and then I never switched them on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

freeedr posted:

I forgot sigs exist because I’m pretty sure my account defaulted to not showing them and it was years before I heard someone mention them and I learned of their existence and then I never switched them on

They only exist in a couple subs anyway. They don't show in any of the gray forums

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Pope Hilarius II posted:

I hate to go all Hercule Poirot on your rear end but FN is Belgian, not French.

My mistake: Scuffed French

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I think about this imp zone thread a lot
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806241

But I digress.

poo poo just got real posted:

Since my thread isn't taken seriously due to past drunken posts of mine, I'm going to go ahead and never post on SA again. You're welcome ahead of time.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 211 days!

xtal posted:

So it's games with slurs?

i didn't want to have to say this but

blast processing

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

My sig doesn't make sense since I changed my name but I'm keeping it cause I spent a lot of time getting the php to work

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Carly Gay Dead Son posted:

I watched 4 minutes of this and all the goodwill I felt towards Australians after watching Muriel's Wedding has been completely washed away by these boys and their piss antics.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

No idea what this is referring to but I have no doubt it's accurate

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Blond boys loving the tub?

e: swing and a MISS

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Hammerite posted:

When I write C++ it feels like every small thing I want to do has to be achieved by carefully giving instructions in old high Elvish to a 10,000 year old wizard, and if I get so much as a single syllable wrong he will scream a deadly curse at me and then set the conference table on fire

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

RFC2324 posted:

P sure thats less Poirot and more :actually:

I think they're referring to the fact that the character is Belgian but everyone think's he's French.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I think they're referring to the fact that the character is Belgian but everyone think's he's French.

turn on you are monitor

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

P sure thats less Poirot and more :actually:

I am Belgian so I wasn't trying to be pedantic (let alone weirdly defensive of our weapons industry, which, ugh, yeah), it's just a specific Belgian annoyance at Belgian things being mislabeled as French, like Tintin, Jacques Brel, fries or Stromae. Even if anglophones do get the country right, they will often portray it as uniformly French-speaking, while only about 35% of the population has it as its native language.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

well gently caress, sorry

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Pope Hilarius II posted:

I am Belgian so I wasn't trying to be pedantic (let alone weirdly defensive of our weapons industry, which, ugh, yeah), it's just a specific Belgian annoyance at Belgian things being mislabeled as French, like Tintin, Jacques Brel, fries or Stromae. Even if anglophones do get the country right, they will often portray it as uniformly French-speaking, while only about 35% of the population has it as its native language.

Lol if you think most Americans know a drat thing about it beyond "that's where waffles come from."

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

Lol if you think most Americans know a drat thing about it beyond "that's where waffles come from."

i knew a swede who thought americans who acted impressed he knew more than one language were being condescending/passive aggressive and i had to tell him no, we genuinely are that ignorant and badly educated

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Stexils posted:

i knew a swede who thought americans who acted impressed he knew more than one language were being condescending/passive aggressive and i had to tell him no, we genuinely are that ignorant and badly educated

There are only 3 major languages on our continent and we're only taught one.

Meanwhile Belgians speak like 74 languages because they border 200 countries despite being smaller than a Chicago suburb.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

iwentdoodie posted:

Hey, we know that JCVD is from Brussels!

We just need a minute to figure out where that is

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Meanwhile Belgians speak like 74 languages because they border 200 countries despite being smaller than a Chicago suburb.

If we had a Navajo course at my high school, I would have taken it. Hell, I'd have taken Russian, it would certainly have been more use than the Spanish they offered (and I refused to take because I and most of the other students hated the teacher).

Also thank you for informing me Tintin is Belgian, I will try to remember that.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
"Let's not call Belgians anything, let's just ignore them" - Monty Python.

And now for something completely different(?)

Eraserhead posted:

Who has the best chicken nugget recipe? (all white meat)

Keep it honest..

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Gripweed posted:

For some reason I have a very strong feeling that 2020 is gonna be wild as hell.Like that old "may you live in interesting times" meme. At best we're all gonna get like one month to get really into the crafting in new Animal Crossing before we're all running for our lives from a forest fire or making molotov cocktails or starting construction on the Fuller Dome to house our self-sufficient furry polycule farm. One year from now everybody is gonna be much better or worse off. And frankly I'm here for it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:negative:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I know the third but what’s the second?

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

oldpainless posted:

English, Spanish, and French?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
more like oldbreadless

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

more like oldbreadless

Please explain this, I only know one language

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

iwentdoodie posted:

I'm American and I know it's where waffles came from AND my middle school french teacher. I'm edjamacated.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If you’re wondering where the first indigenous language places, it’s Nahuatl. At under two million speakers, it’s less spoken in North America than Tagalog.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

Please explain this, I only know one language

Bread in french is pain.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

The Bloop posted:

So...

How many drinks is it for you to unlock necrophilia, exactly?

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Puttin' the "romance" in necromancer :grin:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

oldpainless posted:

English, Spanish, and unfortunately we let Quebec exist.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Every Francophone in Canada could choke on a baguette today and French would still be the third most popular language on the continent, thanks to Haiti.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Platystemon posted:

Every Francophone in Canada could choke on a baguette today and French would still be the third most popular language on the continent, thanks to Haiti.

St Pierre et Miquelon

TheHomerTax
Dec 26, 2012

That's a high quality avatar right there.

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

Why bother even calling it pegging? Why not just refer to it by what it is?

SODOMY!!!

Do whatever you want, but who gives a gently caress about giving it a cute name?

Paladinus posted:

Must you always shill for your brand?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Shut the gently caress up about polyglots and monoglots. If you think people from the US all are monolingual and that the US is the only country where that does and could ever happen, you haven't seen enough of the world to say poo poo.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Shut the gently caress up about polyglots and monoglots. If you think people from the US all are monolingual and that the US is the only country where that does and could ever happen, you haven't seen enough of the world to say poo poo.

"Wer fremde Sprachen nicht kennt, weiß nichts von seiner eigenen."

Dansk er mit femte sprog. Neener.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

The "Europeans all know do many languages" thing quickly falls apart once you visit the beautiful country of France, where absolutely loving nobody speaks anything other than french.

I had trouble ordering a big mac at McDonald's, my monster of a sentence "one. big Mac menu. sil vous plait" just got a panicked "....Le big Mac??" Back.

On the other side each and every Dane could probably write a full length English novel at the drop oh a hat, they are all ridiculously good at it.

Also most Austria and swiss people can speak German up a certain degree, that's impressive too!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Honestly in my experience going to Germany/Austria to practice your German is a terrible idea. Because once there and you try to speak German and they realize you can speak English, they'll get excited to practice their English with you.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dameius posted:

Honestly in my experience going to Germany/Austria to practice your German is a terrible idea. Because once there and you try to speak German and they realize you can speak English, they'll get excited to practice their English with you.

Same thing happened to me in Italy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Son of Rodney posted:

The "Europeans all know do many languages" thing quickly falls apart once you visit the beautiful country of France, where absolutely loving nobody speaks anything other than french.

I had trouble ordering a big mac at McDonald's, my monster of a sentence "one. big Mac menu. sil vous plait" just got a panicked "....Le big Mac??" Back.

On the other side each and every Dane could probably write a full length English novel at the drop oh a hat, they are all ridiculously good at it.

Also most Austria and swiss people can speak German up a certain degree, that's impressive too!

Most French can speak English. They just refuse to on principle