Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hyperlynx posted:

So.... What is it, then?

You batter it first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MrUnderbridge posted:

The real Southern Pride flag should be quartered with biscuits and gravy, sweet tea, country ham and pimento cheese on a field argent, centered with a coon hound proper rampant.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

They legitimately stand their ground better than the boys in butternut.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Meal Team 6, of the Gravy Seals

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

I'm laughing like an idiot at this

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

identifying a stroke?

Speech incomprehensible:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He no speeko greeko

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I think they might be down with the sickness.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 05:24 on Jun 6, 2021

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Why is he pointing at his eye?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Tree Bucket posted:

hes pinching his spectral left nostril shut, the better to snort up the soul vapors from his hot knife scythe

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Tree Bucket posted:

Because he has no nose

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Tree Bucket posted:

eyeballing the dose

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Sir Nose posted:

Because he has no nose

Well then how does he smell?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

DangerDummy! posted:

Well then how does he smell?

Terribly

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/gordihyena/status/1172946706226278400?s=21

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Ghost Leviathan posted:

IIRC the important part is that they're a solid foodstuff blessed by an ordained priest. Wafers are just the cheapest and easiest way to give that out. I imagine some Masses have had to get creative.

oh for sure, cf also the beer baptism:

Carthag Tuek posted:

Came across a very long baptismal record the other day, which is always interesting to me. Whenever the priest felt like writing stuff down, there's got to be good stuff there, so I usually save those in a big ol' text file. Oh also, this is in Denmark, so we're talking lutheran protestantism. Anyway:

It was from the 1730s, but the girl was born in the 1720s. It said that "due to the midwife's thoughtless act, the child was baptized in beer instead of water". It went on to specify, that when this had become public (no idea when), the bishop had declared that the girl should be re-baptized once she had reached an age where she "by teaching could know what the baptisim is, and explain the apostle's creed". Thus, the 9 year old girl was re-baptized, and indeed given a more fancy version of her original name (her request?).

I shared this with other genealogists, and a former priest told me that by contemporary law, the priest and the bishop should have lost their jobs, if not been excommunicated. The various baptist denominations that practiced adult baptism were strictly illegal in Denmark at the time. It was sufficient for a baptism to have been made in the name of the trinity etc, whether the sacrament was done with beer or water. In fact, beer would probably be safer, as it had been boiled.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I feel loyalty to this flag than the stars and bars, as a southern dude.

I'd fight for my right to go to Waffle House is what I'm saying, and am secure in the knowledge that, whatever this says about me, it's more legit than my forebears.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Waffle House has a more positive and less problematic history than any country in the Americas.

So yes you should definitely get behind Waffle House as the next war of succession ignite.

A hot greasy sweet and spicy breakfast is every citizen's right!

experienceBeej
Mar 24, 2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

There'd better be some grits on that plate :colbert:

Do you use instant grits?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

By popular demand posted:

Waffle House has a more positive and less problematic history than any country in the Americas.

So yes you should definitely get behind Waffle House as the next war of succession ignite.

A hot greasy sweet and spicy breakfast is every citizen's right!

At this point in American history its much easier to find a brand or company to support than any social or governmental body

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

A Bakers Cousin posted:

At this point in American history its much easier to find a brand or company to support than any social or governmental body

yeah, don't do this

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
In 5-20 years they'll be the same thing anyway

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Elfface posted:

In 5-20 years they'll be the same thing anyway

That's wildly optimistic of you, giving it that long.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Sound on.

https://i.imgur.com/GLWcB9H.mp4

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/chiweethegod/status/1401385365311606785

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I can hear it

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

kdrudy posted:

I can hear it

This one failed. Purge ‘em

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

yeah, don't do this

At least Costco loves me

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
There it is!

https://twitter.com/tanyajunghans/status/1400926880757334020

edit: better embed

Trabant has a new favorite as of 17:30 on Jun 6, 2021

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

What do you mea-ohhhhh... :hmmyes:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lmfao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Reading the text I got to the christian revelation at the exact same time and had the same reaction

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

this is great

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Switch out the christian music for Ante Up by MOP and I'm very jealous of that man, ngl.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Switch out the christian music for Ante Up by MOP and I'm very jealous of that man, ngl.

what

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yeah, other than the music selection there's nothing pathological about that behaviour at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

AUG thread coming from within the Funny Pictures thread.