Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Google Butt posted:

whos to be sure they havent. i mean has anyone really considered the origins of the Fleshlight?

IM TELLING YOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

Google Butt posted:

whos to be sure they havent. i mean has anyone really considered the origins of the Fleshlight?

uh they're pretty close to some rather nasty climate tipping points, sh-

WE HAVE DONE WHAT WE CAN

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!
So say these are crafts from the 5th dimension and we are only seeing a small part of it interacting in our 3d world, wouldn't that part that is interacting still have to obey some of our physical laws? Something that moves very fast will heat up, if there is some kind of supposed warp type bubble, wouldn't it be displacing part of the atmosphere and cause other strange phenomenon with it? I would expect that if a bubble is displacing a large amount of the atmosphere and moving very fast, there would be some kind of sound, in the way of thunder, or electrical discharge or plasma forming due to heat, or a viable shock-wave from compression and decompression of the atmosphere. Even though weather prediction is difficult, due to the study of explosions and natural atmospheric phenomenon, we should at least see something.

If that is not present, I would have to lean towards believing these things are some kind of hologram that is being projected from a submarine. One of the videos showed churning water in the vicinity of spotting one of these UAPs. After the UAP disappeared, the water churning and moving disappeared. Could that water churning be from a submarine using very power intensive technology that very heavy and fast water cooling to work to make these objects appear? Nuclear subs from Russia have more than one reactor aboard, so a whole reactor could be used energy wise to do something, and some of the reactors the US uses in there subs are "according to those in the know" able to produce way more energy in bursts that what is reported for normal day to day operation. You could easily have a technology that requires 500 to 800 MW of electricity in a sub under the water now days with known nuclear technology.

The Florida videos are filmed when vessels are in formation or on exercises. What is not to say that the sub in one of these exercises is not doing something? There is a long history of war games and exersizes when we try to infiltrate a formation of ships with one of our or allies subs to see if they can sneak in and attack without being noticed as a practice for war. It could be a USA / NATO country doing this, and we are not going to say it is us, or Russia showing that they have a new sub that we cannot easily detect, so they can gently caress with us with some unknown holographic or plasma projection technology. In the 1980s it was known they were ahead of the USA in laser technology, and that really worried the US. Does the CIA or NSA have their own subs for clandestine use? It could be a 3 letter agency loving with the Navy to show off technology.

I know news reports are saying the Pentagon is stating that it is no known black book project, but those kind of denials ring hollow to me, as we know that the Pentagon/CIA will lie to the president to get things done that they know are unpopular / illegal / immoral.

In our current knowledge of dimensions higher than the 3rd dimension, is there a hypothesis that in higher dimensions data can be transmitted faster than light? I thought some string theory hypothesis allowed data to instantaneously transmit from one brane to another.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

the 94 poo poo is the freakiest one

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah the 94 stuff has me going aye. It feels like there are objects that are:
- silver/white when seen with sun/natural light
- may be hard to see at night, but may also seem to emit their own light
-sometimes alone, but have been seen in packs and formations
-move intensely, dizzyingly fast
-move seemingly erratically, and without a comprehensively flight path
-move very rapidly from sea level to higher than most planes fly, with reports of within a second
-seem to slip into the ocean, like hanging out out at sea
-but have been sighted over land and we've had sightings all over the globe
-often are chilling very high up, almost above where all birds fly
-often move very far away when human are about, but not always
-can be picked up by infrared, radar and sometimes be visible
-are shaped like a lozenge, an oval, an elongated sphere or cigar shape.
etc.
and we've got consistent reports of these attributes across many decades stretching back to the 1800s at least.
~ above where all birds fly

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

according to that nws radar dude it does sound like there was a pattern to their movement fwiw

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

What if the aliens try to illegally immigrate to earth? will sleepy joe offer them amnesty??

munce
Oct 23, 2010

Toupee Groupie posted:

I would expect that if a bubble is displacing a large amount of the atmosphere and moving very fast, there would be some kind of sound, in the way of thunder, or electrical discharge or plasma forming due to heat, or a viable shock-wave from compression and decompression of the atmosphere. Even though weather prediction is difficult, due to the study of explosions and natural atmospheric phenomenon, we should at least see something.

If that is not present, I would have to lean towards believing these things are some kind of hologram that is being projected from a submarine.

On the atmospheric displacement, heat etc - yes that is exactly what we would expect to see if something was moving as we understand it. And yet these things keep being observed doing similar movements all over the world, now and for decades and centuries into the past.

For me that is one of the main compelling reasons to look into this and take it seriously. The historical record has many of cases from before the era of flight that match very closely to the tens of thousands of modern recorded observations. A good selection were posted in this thread a while ago if you want to check them out.

So unless there was a Russian submarine projecting holograms above the USA in the 1890s or Germany in the 1500s then there's something else going on.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

if they break physics in a video that means the video isn't real

If US intelligence tells you something that means it didn't happen

Sorry ufoailures

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

von Neumann in your area

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

PawParole posted:

What if the aliens try to illegally immigrate to earth? will sleepy joe offer them amnesty??

these aliens are practicing BDS by not immediately understanding Israel and will now be nuked from orbit

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Wheeee posted:

that reddit guy sure made a lucky guess

Lol no poo poo

I think alien disclosure is part of qanon too so I kind of want to know what they think about this

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Wheeee posted:

that reddit guy sure made a lucky guess
What was/is this about, I'm out of the loop.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

i'm like 40 pages behind on this thread but i watched this doc last night and it was pretty wild and speculative but someone in the comments mentioned the guy this was about died last month. i can't find any substantive sources but yt comments and this goofy website claim it was a shotgun to the head and he was suicided. pretty loving crazy if that's actually true and it's not just that an old man died naturally and people are spinning up stories to work each other up. wish there were more sources on this, but he was obviously not a very well known guy

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

What if they transmit matter from one side of the ship to the other? Then there wouldn't be a sonic boom or friction and that would also explain them going into the water without losing speed

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm sure these dozens of random people all just made this up for fun

Also these accents own

e: Just got to the bit where they call the weather service and they're freaking out looking at their radar
what the gently caress

ee:
"looked like a bunch of cylindrical objects going together and coming apart" suddenly moving from 6k feet to 12k feet that return like planes on the radar
"they look like a triangle on my scope"

Good Soldier Svejk has issued a correction as of 15:05 on Jun 6, 2021

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
It’s not Russians or Chinese FYI. They would have had to be working on this poo poo since like the 90s at least to explain the Nimitz video, the state of the art J-20 is not a superplane beyond nato or us capabilities. the most terrifying Russian super technology that scares the pants off the USA is like, using spy satellites and statistical analysis to track submerged submarines by the wake they cause on the surface of the ocean

also I want to point out again this interesting argument that the UFO undermines the metaphysical foundations of the modern state. In this respect, skeptics who say that taking ETs seriously means you might as well take angels seriously are actually on the ball, sort of. Trying to securitize and quantify the possible ET threat means acknowledging (the possibility of) a supernatural or at least superhuman authority, which of course is paradoxical to the consent generation that makes a modern state possible. You definitely see this in full effect in D&D

So to me the question is, do the ufo disclosures and related policy switch mean there’s been a fundamental shift (or collapse?) of the philosophical and metaphysical underpinning of state authority, or are our priors wrong? The latter implies to me that there really is a conspiracy theory type explanation for what is going on (either a benevolent deep state crafting a new secular religion or something, or ayys actually are real)

Finally posadism is a meme ideology invented for video game purposes and it’s cringey

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

It’s not Russians or Chinese FYI. They would have had to be working on this poo poo since like the 90s at least to explain the Nimitz video, the state of the art J-20 is not a superplane beyond nato or us capabilities. the most terrifying Russian super technology that scares the pants off the USA is like, using spy satellites and statistical analysis to track submerged submarines by the wake they cause on the surface of the ocean

also I want to point out again this interesting argument that the UFO undermines the metaphysical foundations of the modern state. In this respect, skeptics who say that taking ETs seriously means you might as well take angels seriously are actually on the ball, sort of. Trying to securitize and quantify the possible ET threat means acknowledging (the possibility of) a supernatural or at least superhuman authority, which of course is paradoxical to the consent generation that makes a modern state possible. You definitely see this in full effect in D&D

So to me the question is, do the ufo disclosures and related policy switch mean there’s been a fundamental shift (or collapse?) of the philosophical and metaphysical underpinning of state authority, or are our priors wrong? The latter implies to me that there really is a conspiracy theory type explanation for what is going on (either a benevolent deep state crafting a new secular religion or something, or ayys actually are real)

Finally posadism is a meme ideology invented for video game purposes and it’s cringey

Yeah, taken in the context of "this fundamentally undermines a century of our policy and standing in the world", the "it's to get a bigger budget" excuse doesn't really cut it. Thanks again for posting that paper because I think it really amplifies just how weird that is as a cover.

Another interesting thing I read is someone that mentioned it's fundamentally antithetical to military authority to suddenly reverse positions, so this is the sort of thing that could only coincide with administration/career staff turnover (and there certainly is a lot of that going on both in the government at large and the DoD right now). That doesn't really square with the fact that this stuff started leaking in 2017 though. It's hard to speculate without skirting with conspiracy theories but one thing we all know is that the government is not an arbitrary thing, it is a huge segmented behemoth and each segment only shares the notion "keep it going like this" so to get any parts of that apparatus breaking off and saying "no, we were wrong" is drat near unheard of and unfathomable in the structure they have designed.

To have the executive, the pentagon, and congress doing it all at the same time arbitrarily is as likely as alien landing on your lawn and handing you a cherry coke.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Maybe all the hypernormalization stuff has been an alien psyop to make people detached from an inscrutable reality so that gleep glorp can step out of his tic tac and say "hi I'm in charge now" without everyone wanting to kill all aliens.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

It's very a rather strange decade so far. Aliens would make sense, at this point. I mean, my favourite thought on all this is that it's literally unexplainable. We have multiple sensors picking up these things, hell, the 94 michigan case looks pretty legit now in retrospect. And it's just there. They are just there. If they could be explained via drone or software glitch by now they would have been. They seem rather undeniable. It reminds me of the unbreakable shield. And we don't have an unstoppable spear. My fun prediction is that this is going to become more and more of a talked about thing until it'll hold a cresto of attention before dissipating into a new normal.

OrangéJéllo
Aug 31, 2001
Welp, we're the von neumanns and we have almost finished terraforming another planet to the pre-programmed window and so the gestalt consciousness(either in the hollow earth or bottom of the ocean obv) that is the hypervisor of humanity has been steadily increasing output of seed ships in anticipation of exhaustion of local goals.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Toupee Groupie posted:

In our current knowledge of dimensions higher than the 3rd dimension, is there a hypothesis that in higher dimensions data can be transmitted faster than light? I thought some string theory hypothesis allowed data to instantaneously transmit from one brane to another.
Entanglement does that in this dimension

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

While we're spitballing scenarios, maybe Viceroy Xenu has noticed we've kicked our C02 geoengineering project into high gear, and approval has come from on high to step in before we ruin a perfectly good planet. That would be preferable than our number worshipping governments staying the course until people are dying of heat, starvation, and mass displacement. Hell, I'm still expecting all that awful poo poo to go down regardless.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Hodgepodge posted:

thinking about it, that one dude who claimed all intelligent life basically concluded that there is a creator intelligence would kind of make sense in a universe where intelligence was gifted the ability to defy the limits of nature like that

of course in a rational sense it makes no difference, i'm just saying being intelligent life gets a lot more awesome if that is possible and that makes the universe seem a lot kinder

nah, it's not kinder at all

this whole thread I keep thinking about the teardrop scene in the Three Body Problem, where a little mirrored pellet of quarkium destroys Earth's entire military fleet by flying through it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Tekne posted:

While we're spitballing scenarios, maybe Viceroy Xenu has noticed we've kicked our C02 geoengineering project into high gear, and approval has come from on high to step in before we ruin a perfectly good planet. That would be preferable than our number worshipping governments staying the course until people are dying of heat, starvation, and mass displacement. Hell, I'm still expecting all that awful poo poo to go down regardless.

I keep kicking around the idea of a childhood's end scenario where the world governments were given a century to normalize the idea of aliens in the 1900s and have been dragging their feet and now are rushing like a freshman who forgot to the write their term paper the night before it was due

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
I’m gonna keep posting the paper (and everyone with even a passing interest in the UFO should read it) because I think it’s brilliant and also exposes what makes the UFO poo poo directly relevant to this, a moment when state authority is being directly contested on both the left and right to an extent with few precedents in US history. I think there’s an unexamined philosophical relationship between the disclosures and BLM for example. And it’s not as simple as “they’re securitizing space aliens to justify the police” think about how crazy that would have sounded 10 years ago!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/uncertainvector/status/1401345403438645252?s=20

You can't get 2/3rds of americans to agree on goddamned anything
If that's accurate it also certainly makes me think the skeptics are a very squeaky minority

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

https://twitter.com/uncertainvector/status/1401345403438645252?s=20

You can't get 2/3rds of americans to agree on goddamned anything
If that's accurate it also certainly makes me think the skeptics are a very squeaky minority

The other third are aliens :tinfoil:

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Ok another dumb skeptic question:

Governments and private companies take a zillion satellite photos. Any UAP evidence there, and if not, why not?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

coelomate posted:

Governments and private companies take a zillion satellite photos. Any UAP evidence there, and if not, why not?

There's weird poo poo all over google maps/earth but it's easy to write them off as camera/encoding mistakes.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

coelomate posted:

They very probably do have them if they're appearing as frequently as some in the navy suggest

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Aliens would only be a problem for the state if people could petition them directly as agents who could solve their problems. As long as they're totally inscrutable like the gods of old or the god of the medieval Catholic Church, there's no challenge to state authority just like there was no challenge then. If such aliens could be petitioned directly or otherwise began to intervene directly in the state of the Earth, everything about human civilization would change--but only then.

The reason for the ufo taboo by NATO members and the Soviet Union is that it was a means of control over reports of experimental aircraft. The United States first encouraged belief that ufos were alien spacecraft and then used that putative explanation as a threat to silence anyone who saw flying things they couldn't explain--the point being to prevent people from talking about experimental aircraft.

It's been posted in this thread many times now, but the reason the US military is changing its approach to reporting strange aircraft is that they realized people could be self-censoring about foreign or non-state spy drones and they want to stop that from happening now that self-censorship harms rather than helps their interests.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Aliens would only be a problem for the state if people could petition them directly as agents who could solve their problems. As long as they're totally inscrutable like the gods of old or the god of the medieval Catholic Church, there's no challenge to state authority just like there was no challenge then. If such aliens could be petitioned directly or otherwise began to intervene directly in the state of the Earth, everything about human civilization would change--but only then.

The reason for the ufo taboo by NATO members and the Soviet Union is that it was a means of control over reports of experimental aircraft. The United States first encouraged belief that ufos were alien spacecraft and then used that putative explanation as a threat to silence anyone who saw flying things they couldn't explain--the point being to prevent people from talking about experimental aircraft.

It's been posted in this thread many times now, but the reason the US military is changing its approach to reporting strange aircraft is that they realized people could be self-censoring about foreign or non-state spy drones and they want to stop that from happening now that self-censorship harms rather than helps their interests.

That only squares with the 70s years of lying if they are reasonably confident the generations of sightings are natural phenomena or just completely disinterested/artificial observers

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

coelomate posted:

how many planes do you see in google earth images?

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

aren't military satellite capable of insane resolution, up to seeing a quarter on the ground?

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Popoto posted:

aren't military satellite capable of insane resolution, up to seeing a quarter on the ground?

I don't know if current capabilities of these satellites are known, and I would imagine the pentagon would like it to stay that way

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Plenty?

https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingasfuck/comments/eutebo/google_earths_satellite_captured_this_plane_mid/

https://www.reddit.com/r/GoogleMaps/comments/j6y3vr/aircraft_in_flight_google_earthmaps_looking_for/

https://googleearthcommunity.proboards.com/thread/6972/aircraft-flight-1-october-2020

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Popoto posted:

Focal length though, if they are taking photos of the ground, even if they have insane resolution, if a ufo happens to be in the way at 30,000 feet or whatever then it is probably just going to be a blur if it shows up at all

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

:eyepop: is that the space shuttle piggybacking on the one whoa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

I would guess these are close to airports, so they are taking off or landing (edit: maybe not, but in the one of them you can see it's shadow right there) . There are around 5000 planes in the air right now and there are a couple google earth sightings. Catching a uap randomly with a satellite is not going to be common even with lots of satellites, unless they also hang around airports low to the ground