Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Mesadoram posted:

Hear me out: Front Mission X-COM

Hear me out: Command & Conquer XCom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

While I get the complaints about Disney/Marvel I'm mildly interested in the idea, even more so if they were to dive into the broader universe than Avengers did with it's playable characters.

The game I somehow wish they'd be working on is X-Com: Pacific Rim though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

XCOM: Into the Breach would be good, yes.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

gently caress this poo poo, jake, give me xcom 3 you loving traitor

DLC Inc posted:

I tried playing Phoenix Point today and jfc it is too slow. I can't even press TAB to switch to other soldiers while one is climbing a loving ladder; game makes me watch every agonizing second of these boring assholes moving around.

phoenix point is not super good, even despite its continual improvement over the last year and change, but: you can speed up the animations in the options, which helps a little

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Angry Diplomat posted:

:hmmyes:

Peace through power.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I want an XCOM flavour Musou game

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
XCOM Doom, but without anime titties.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

XCOM Doom, but without anime titties.

alternatively: girls frontline x--

oh god loving damnit i need to stop joking about this someone is gonna take it seriously

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
They should make an XCOM based on The Boys instead where you have to find creative ways to take down shitlord supes.

"Research underway: rear end bombs"

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
X-com but pulled out to the advanced squad leader scale so you have multiple craft taking troops into battle and more interesting rural setting combat

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Panzeh posted:

X-com but pulled out to the advanced squad leader scale so you have multiple craft taking troops into battle and more interesting rural setting combat

This but it’s tftd inspired

Advanced scrod leader

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
So serious question: I still only play on baby mode so it doesn’t affect me much, but is there any chance Disney won’t make them reduce the difficulty? Will Disney allow a game where a 95% shot misses and Loki gets a flanked crit that evaporates his health bar?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

Advanced scrod leader
we need to add in some extra tacticool words so we can make the acronym scrotum

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Coolguye posted:

oh god loving damnit i need to stop joking about this someone is gonna take it seriously

Too late

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-RHH79hzHI

Anime X-com is always serious business

Kata-Haro fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 4, 2021

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

XCOM Marvel? Lame.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coolguye posted:

But that one is real

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

Beyond Good and XCOM? Beyond Good, Evil and XCOM!?

Still waiting a decade for that sequel, might as well become a mash-up

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Tincans posted:

Beyond Good and XCOM? Beyond Good, Evil and XCOM!?

Still waiting a decade for that sequel, might as well become a mash-up

Mutant Year Zero?

ok i didn't play it that's just a halfass joke

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
supe killer xcom would super cool, having to think outside the box and find creative ways to whack 'em.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Kata-Haro posted:

Too late

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-RHH79hzHI

Anime X-com is always serious business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw-88h-LcTk&t=46s

timestamped to 0:46 and relevant to this discussion

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Angry Diplomat posted:

Heh, maybe I'd shoot left-handed

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Final fantasy xcom

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
XCrom: Conan Squad.

Magical snakes are even canon.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

I'm glad there's a Fermi Paradox stream around e3 time, because this is one of the least appealing PC E3s I've seen in a while

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

X Com Super Mario.

Oh wait.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Final fantasy xcom

An updated Final Fantasy Tactics would make me very happy, yes.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Samovar posted:

X Com Super Mario.

Oh wait.

That one was actually pretty fun(with a few really dumb design decisions). I'm not writing the marvel one off pretty much entirely because of mario x rabbids

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

XCOM Ghostbusters

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

rantmo posted:

An updated Final Fantasy Tactics would make me very happy, yes.

How they didn't release FFT for the Switch at this point is a mind boggling mystery.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Metal Gear XCOM would honestly be the best possible fit, Solid Snake is essentially a reaper.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

FoolyCharged posted:

That one was actually pretty fun(with a few really dumb design decisions). I'm not writing the marvel one off pretty much entirely because of mario x rabbids

It plays a little more like a puzzle game than XCOM because the encounters aren’t random, but I had a lot of fun chain-sliding enemies and making them explode.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

X-Ray Pecs posted:

It plays a little more like a puzzle game than XCOM because the encounters aren’t random, but I had a lot of fun chain-sliding enemies and making them explode.

Luigi was an absolute monster. I loved that game.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Infinite Karma posted:

XCOM Ghostbusters

been sayin this for awhile now, agreed

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Playing Xcom EW because my brain is broken and I wanna get all the achievements. Air war still sucks. Does anybody have the 'infected' achievement or whatever, the one where you get it by playing with someone who's already infected? I can do the rest pretty much naturally but that one seems hard. Can't imagine anyone is playing EW multiplayer.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Luigi was an absolute monster. I loved that game.

i love that they basically canonized his death stare in mario kart with his special power in rabbids

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Bogart posted:

Playing Xcom EW because my brain is broken and I wanna get all the achievements. Air war still sucks. Does anybody have the 'infected' achievement or whatever, the one where you get it by playing with someone who's already infected? I can do the rest pretty much naturally but that one seems hard. Can't imagine anyone is playing EW multiplayer.

Check out this Steam thread. There's folks that have it that are still willing to play and spread it. https://steamcommunity.com/app/200510/discussions/0/3596571824768688363/?ctp=110

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I always wondered what the deal with that achievement was. Who had it to start with? Are they just playing “how many degrees of XCOM?” to connect back to the devs themselves or whoever?

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

I have that achievement and I don't know where I got it from. I think I only ever played multiplayer one time, maybe zero times.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Kaal posted:

Check out this Steam thread. There's folks that have it that are still willing to play and spread it. https://steamcommunity.com/app/200510/discussions/0/3596571824768688363/?ctp=110

Sick. Thanks. I'm sure I could just use that steam achievement bot thing but where's the fun in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Akratic Method posted:

I always wondered what the deal with that achievement was. Who had it to start with? Are they just playing “how many degrees of XCOM?” to connect back to the devs themselves or whoever?

The devs started with it and set out to infect the community, probably at least partially for metrics on multiplayer. And apparently it was successful enough they kept it in 2 :shrug: