Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Meltdown Cop is the one Acele ran across

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Grouchio posted:

(lets try that again)

https://twitch.tv/videos/1044608537?t=7472s

*local canadian laughs so hard his spine starts hurting again*

They also do the "Mr. Evrart is helping me find my gun" loop in this one.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://twitter.com/inescaramujo/status/1280091800347312129

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Grouchio posted:

(lets try that again)

https://twitch.tv/videos/1044608537?t=7472s

*local canadian laughs so hard his spine starts hurting again*

I didn't fail many checks in my Final Cut playthrough, but for some reason I failed the Authority check here multiple times. The first time. I picked a non-gun option, which resulted in failure after the Hardie Boys accused me of wanting to organize a race rally (with Authority panicking and saying "What's going on, are you racist now? Oh please don't hold any rallies, that'll make you look really bad!").

I unlocked the check and failed it AGAIN. At that point you have the option to have an internal dialogue like "How can I trust any of these options are good after last time?"

[Authority]: Look, last time we picked the wrong one, that's eliminated now so all that's left are good options. Have you tried the gun one? The gun one is really good.
[Conceptualization]: It's definitely the gun one. The other options are just there to make the gun one pop.

And after passing that check, but failing the rhetoric check later:

Such a perfect punchline. I love this game.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I've never seen this red check before :stare:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

UnknownMercenary posted:

I got a critical failure on that one when I had a greater than 90% chance to not fuckup and it ended exactly as one would expect

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

UnknownMercenary posted:

THE LAWBRINGER

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I AM THE LAW. *accidentally shoots self*

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
A definitive ranking of the skills, from most to least trustworthy:

1.) Volition
2.) Shivers
3.) Perception
4.) Visual Calculus
5.) Endurance
6.) Empathy
7.) Esprit de Corps
8.) Composure
9.) Inland Empire
10.) Interfacing
11.) Conceptualization
12.) Logic
13.) Hand-Eye Coordination
14.) Pain Threshold
15.) Encyclopedia
16.) Savoir Faire
17.) Reaction Speed
18.) Half Light
19.) Rhetoric
20.) Physical Instrument
21.) Authority
22.) Drama
23.) Electro-Chemistry
24.) Suggestion

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
electrochemistry #1 bitch

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

electrochemistry #1 bitch

Was about to post this. Electrochemistry can be 100% trusted to tell you to do all the drugs

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

surf rock posted:

A definitive ranking of the skills, from most to least trustworthy:

1.) Volition
2.) Shivers
3.) Perception
4.) Visual Calculus
5.) Endurance
6.) Empathy
7.) Esprit de Corps
8.) Composure
9.) Inland Empire
10.) Interfacing
11.) Conceptualization
12.) Logic
13.) Hand-Eye Coordination
14.) Pain Threshold
15.) Encyclopedia
16.) Savoir Faire
17.) Reaction Speed
18.) Half Light
19.) Rhetoric
20.) Physical Instrument
21.) Authority
22.) Drama
23.) Electro-Chemistry
24.) Suggestion

I mean, opinions are opinions but none of Team Yellow other Savvy are ever wrong. Sometimes they do give other skills a chance to mislead you though.

Also Half Light is never right. It's like, it's thing. It's useful once, but it's advice is basically always wrong.

Half Light is the Turning Into A Giant Snake of Disco Elysium.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

however, have you considered that you should taste some of that soup

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Encyclopedia is difficult to rank since its advice is really never wrong exactly. It's just not ever useful to you.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

It's extremely useful for solving your money problems after Day 3

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I can’t remember suggestion being that wrong except for the one check near the end that’s destined to fail cause it’s a doomed endeavour anyway.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

christmas boots posted:

Encyclopedia is difficult to rank since its advice is really never wrong exactly. It's just not ever useful to you.

It told me about Contact Mike. That's important information!

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Encyclopedia brightens my day with useless factoids that deepen the world. That makes it the most useful skill.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Encyclopedia is the best. I remember triggering some history quiz and Encyclopedia is like "this is the poo poo I was made for" before proceeding to give completely useless information and failing to help answer any of the questions.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

encyclopedia is my precious child and how DARE anyone imply that it isn't the best in every way

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

World War Mammories posted:

encyclopedia is my precious child and how DARE anyone imply that it isn't the best in every way

Same, but Half Light

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib

World War Mammories posted:

its certainly doing its best, what more can you ask?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/LatransCanis1/status/1402296680171589638?s=20

really needs to be in all caps imo

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

When you've really internalized Advanced Race Theory.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Holy poo poo his username is actually "Measured Head".

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Stumbled across this and remembered there were a rich cache of disco/simpsons memes deposited in this thread before, any other good new ones still being made?
https://twitter.com/ManiacMKD/status/1401820056670060545

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Comes up every now and again with how the show lends itself to it.

Ooh, someone should do an Espirit De Corps one with 'Pick up Bart'

MEASURED_HEAD is definitely doing a bit, but apparently some Indian politics can get that fringe. (Probably comes down to how from their perspective, Hitler loving with the British was a good thing for them)

Flayer posted:

Encyclopedia is the best. I remember triggering some history quiz and Encyclopedia is like "this is the poo poo I was made for" before proceeding to give completely useless information and failing to help answer any of the questions.

I remember that one. Interesting thing is that it kinda makes sense; the book you're reading contains a lot of what's new information to you (or heavily repressed) so Encyclopedia is coming up with information that's perhaps loosely related from that prompt, but doesn't actually have the answers to the questions. Like when you're reading a nonfiction book on a topic you're loosely familiar with; there'll be concepts, places and people you might recognise, but not necessarily in the same context as presented.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

As long as we're linking LP's, SuperGreatFriend (who used to post here, but doesn't anymore?) is also playing through DE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmXQAvz8c-0

And since he doesn't take the time to voice every single dialog option (for some odd reason, as voicing every dialog option is definitely a worthwhile and productive use of everyone's time), he's going through the game at a decent pace.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I always lie to Kim about finding my badge and beeline to his car to report it missing as soon as I can.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

christmas boots posted:

I always lie to Kim about finding my badge and beeline to his car to report it missing as soon as I can.

My first playthrough I tried my best to hide the fact that I didn't know my name and it's great how the dialogue works out to be extremely awkward that way.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
I introduced this game to a couple of friends and played it through again in the final cut.

One has finished and was very disappointed in the ending. The Phasmid, the deserter, the 4th mercenary all of whom your detective work cannot really find anything about before the Tribunal/End of the game. That is without Shivers of course...

Was an interesting take, one I didn't agree with as I was able to accept the more fantastical/political elements of the game where he wanted to roleplay as Dick loving Mullen.

I asked if he learned anything positive and he said that he was just trying to live up to Contact Mike's example, so I think the game has rubbed off on him positively in some way.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

CONTACT MIKE IS A REPRISE OF THE MOST BASIC SPORTING PRINCIPLE OF OPEN COMPETITION!

A 5,000-1 RANK OUTSIDER!

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Disco Elysium is less of a detective story and more of a paean to the purity of lost revolution (nothing is more beautiful than the idea which existed without the chance to fail of its own accord). Infra-communism is written to be a ridiculous theory but the basic tenet that people fervently believing in communism would make it possible seemed to me to be the real belief of the writers. The ending and the culprit reinforced that idea.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Horsebanger posted:

One has finished and was very disappointed in the ending. The Phasmid, the deserter, the 4th mercenary all of whom your detective work cannot really find anything about before the Tribunal/End of the game. That is without Shivers of course...

Well you can just not anything definitive

the stores of weapons, the glint of the scope more than once, the check to figure out the origin of the shot, the circumstances of the previous union reps death, some of the bullet holes you can look at

I mean you don’t get to know, but you do get indications that something else is going on. It not a surprise unless you miss a bunch of stuff

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/loveyouokletsgo/status/1404315738488250369

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Catching up on the thread but I'm about to start my second playthrough and wanted some build advice.

First playthrough I went 1/4/4/1 and had a good time, ended up as kind of a lovable, unhinged, violent, competent weirdo. Kinda like Nick Sax from Happy!. My next run I want to be an rear end in a top hat fascist and make everyone hate me, would that be fun if I focused on INT & MOT or should I still stick with more of the insanity of PSY & drugs?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

A lot of fascist dialogue comes from Endurance passives but if you lean that way you can twist INT dialogue in that direction as well.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Hobo Clown posted:

Catching up on the thread but I'm about to start my second playthrough and wanted some build advice.

First playthrough I went 1/4/4/1 and had a good time, ended up as kind of a lovable, unhinged, violent, competent weirdo. Kinda like Nick Sax from Happy!. My next run I want to be an rear end in a top hat fascist and make everyone hate me, would that be fun if I focused on INT & MOT or should I still stick with more of the insanity of PSY & drugs?

Fascism makes alcohol better so you *can* consider a low red score, but at the same time it is a very FYS ideology. Int/Fys is probably your best bet if you want to do the vision quest IIRC? I think there's some tricky blue checks in it. Also if you get early Art Cop that's a lot of bonus XP.

I still kind of love my original 2/2/2/6 MOT build, but I did a lot of clothing and drugs.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Hobo Clown posted:

each of the four political schools is loosely associated with a skill and its base stat: communism is rhetoric, moralism is empathy, ultraliberalism is savoir faire, and fascism is endurance. for fascists in particular the thought is, mechanically, arguably detrimental - in return for booze giving +2 fys instead of +1 you lose 1 morale every time you say something fascist. so when I did a fascist run, I did FYS and INT - I forget exactly, think it was 3-1-6-2. to me that was a compelling archetype because it had the 'natural' combination of FYS/fascism, seasoned with a little ben shapiro-style intellectual dishonesty, constructed on a stunted, barely-functional emotional core that can barely keep it together when expressing its ideology. that also gets you opportunities for uncommon things like passing the Pain Threshold check for Evrart's chair.

but regardless of what I did, the most important thing is this: you can do whatever you want in life. if you want to make a clever, dexterous fascist, then by god, make a clever, dexterous fascist. the only thing I'll say that I'd call "advice" is to try out having 6 in one stat - being a total idiot savant is a good way to get something new out of a playthrough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Oh yeah I'm aware I can't really screw up the game but was curious what would be the most fun. I need more Half Light in my life and forgot that's in Physique rather than Psyche so a 3-1-6-2 run might work. The game promised me I can be a total disaster and I'm gonna make that happen!