Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson in the confessional – As Dominic Cummings’s claims lead some to question the PM’s political judgment, others are querying the twice-divorced PM’s right to get married in a Catholic church"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson says no evidence to delay England reopening

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Queues ‘longer than Glastonbury’ as thousands descend on Twickenham for Covid vaccine

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the price of freedom

David Squires:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yes, let's chuck everything out and learn nothing Blower, you stupid fuckwit.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Guavanaut posted:

No but you see if it's no longer a problem then it was never really a problem, and if it was never really a problem then the tories aren't callous bastards responsible for pissing away valuable time at the beginning of the pandemic leading to countless avoidable deaths and *prolonged sloppy farting noises*

Ichabod Sexbeast fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jun 2, 2021

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I don't wanna talk to a scientist
Y'all motherfuckers advising caution in the face of a global pandemic based on analysis of probability and getting me pissed

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Guavanaut posted:

We can throw all the god drat street furniture and one way poo poo right in the skip and I’ll bring the matches to set it on fire.

Pushing a wheelchair has been an absolute nightmare through the whole pandemic. It’s ableist and ageist all wrapped up in one big health and safety nightmare.

Yeh let’s make all buildings one way in one way out but have wheelchair access through only one door which has now been barricaded by some fat wanker of a security guard who looks at you smirking.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think masks do not go in the recycling.

Oh great provider Cloud Potato (or anyone else who pays attention): have you stopped posting Bob cartoons because he's an insufferable oval office, or has he been cancelled by those woke snowflakes at the Telegraph?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

goatface posted:

I think masks do not go in the recycling.

Oh great provider Cloud Potato (or anyone else who pays attention): have you stopped posting Bob cartoons because he's an insufferable oval office, or has he been cancelled by those woke snowflakes at the Telegraph?

I don't know if he's got time for drawing any more, in between retweeting Naomi Wolf & posting galaxy brain takes like

https://twitter.com/bobscartoons/status/1399667632698179585?s=20

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

goatface posted:

I've not heard anything official (but then I've not been looking). I only post what I see on the websites or Twitter. No idea if he's burnt his bridges or not.

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson v the Delta variant — Coronavirus variants are to be named after letters of the Greek alphabet instead of their place of first discovery, the World Health Organization has announced"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Naomi Osaka withdraws from French Open amid row over press conferences; Keir Starmer: coming months are make-or-break for Labour

Evening Standard:

Zero daily Covid deaths announced in UK

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... :sun: the arrival of summer :supaburn:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Blower! Hey, Blower!

gently caress off!

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Don't have a problem with 'its hot' cartoons because I usually look like the people in the cartoons. I'm one degree away from a knotted hankie on the head and a string vest

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

gently caress I'm one step away from joining that dude in his fridge in his converted cotswold farmhouse. Well done Thomas, for drawing a relatively inoffensive and merely bland cartoon!

Blower, we're trying to invent some kind of ultra guillotine to match your crimes, please bear with us

e: Adams, gently caress off I thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink?.....

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Feel like if rain could loving kill you then a slight chance would be good cause to avoid the places it could be. What's the current vaccination rate for Death Rain

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on row over England’s school catch up plan – Education recovery chief quits after government watered down his long-awaited £15bn proposals to a £1.4bn package"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Wetherspoons boss calls for more EU migration as bars and restaurants tackle staff shortage

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... jubilee in the time of Covid

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Why does a kid own Teaching For Dummies? Blower you hack

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So they can throw it at a teacher dismissively when they need to deploy a major burn.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Israeli opposition plans to oust Netanyahu – Benjamin Netanyahu has fought back against what he slammed as a ‘dangerous’ coalition of opposition parties that were trying to establish a government aimed at unseating him"

Telegraph:

UK tightens borders and travel rules as variants spark new alarm

Independent:

Times:

Boris Johnson plans to sink £200m into new ship of state
Bonus! Morland's animated cartoon.

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... an on/off getaway

Bonus! David Squires on summer staycations.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Has Paul Thomas left his house since the 90s

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Love to plug my beats by Dre into an 80s cassette player

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mr Phillby posted:

Has Paul Thomas left his house since the 90s

I hope not.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
there was a shop near me that only closed a few years ago (it was very much of a sad/bitter sweet Local Event when it did, like a retirement party but for a shop) and until its closing day it had a rack of cassette tapes that nobody had ever bought. there were some local artists there and a woman who had produced some self help materials. i really wish i'd bought them. although the last tape player i can think of was in my ma's 1992 toyota corolla that she only reluctantly retired a couple of years ago when the floor literally started falling out of it

they also sold children's buckets and spades there but there's no beach anywhere near here :confused:

there's a lot of coastline but it's mostly just rocks

https://goo.gl/maps/GLf5nUQrmsTSJgCr9

RIP, Ewart's shop

if you look there it was at an absolute death trap of a staggered junction which is not untypical of NI's roads. you'd sometimes have to sit there for 10+ minutes queuing/waiting to get across and i think Ewart got quite a bit of business from people who just reached the end of their tether and thought OH FRIG THIS i'm going to go and buy a packet of munchies and pulled in, to calm down :mad:

crispix fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jun 5, 2021

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Priti Patel and the high court ruling on Napier barracks – Calls are mounting for the Home Office to shut down a controversial barracks in Kent used to accommodate hundreds of asylum seekers after a damning high court ruling"

Telegraph:

Doubts over England’s 21 June lockdown easing as delay plans drawn up

Independent:

Portugal says UK dropping it from green list is ‘unfathomable’; After William Marshall Brown.

The i paper:

British travellers count cost of Portugal’s sudden removal from green list

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Britain's holiday chaos

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Going on holiday? Not if the Delta variant has its way – Red, amber or green is starting to look a bit irrelevant in the face of another Covid surge"

Sunday Telegraph:

Don't shift goalposts over June 21 unlocking, Boris Johnson told

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Why is that the 1980s?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Because Portugal is foreign and therefore a third world hellhole stuck in the past.

And Mac probably hasn't been allowed to leave the country since then.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

goatface posted:

Because Portugal is foreign and therefore a third world hellhole stuck in the past.

And Mac probably hasn't been allowed to leave the country since then.

A spanish restaurant wouldn't give him chips and brown sauce with his paella in 1982 and he hasn't left the home counties since

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Boris Johnson’s Covid balancing act — Health experts remain divided over the dangers posed by the new Delta variant of Covid-19 and the risks it poses to the nation as ministers consider whether or not to lift lockdown later this month"

Telegraph:

Homeless lose beds as G7 takes over Cornwall hotels, says charity

Independent:

Global G7 deal may let Amazon off hook on tax, say experts; Bafta TV awards 2021: the full list of winners

Times:

Evening Standard:

UK foreign aid cuts ‘will leave 100,000 refugees without water’; The e-scooter revolution finally hits London, but what took it so long?

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the England men’s football team taking the knee – No 10 has refused to condemn the England fans who booed players for taking the knee"

Telegraph:

Labour crisis deepens as retailers struggle to find enough staff

Independent:

Tory rebels await Speaker’s decision on bid to restore aid pledge

Times:

Evening Standard:

Exclusive: Keir Starmer’s ratings plunge to same level as Jeremy Corbyn

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the new Royal baby

David Squires:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

for some reason i find stephen collins twee cartoons about the banality of middle class life the worst of all the cartoons, the art is quite nice but its just a skin over a howling abyss

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on rising tensions over sausage exports to Northern Ireland – A dispute is brewing with the EU over Britain possibly continuing to export chilled meats to Northern Ireland after June on current terms" See also Edwin Poots elected DUP leader to succeed Arlene Foster

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

UK electoral officials announce biggest shake-up of boundaries in decades

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the Ollie Robinson scandal

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

gently caress OFF, Paul

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I keep posting this at the “well it can’t be that bad” gammons.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Brexit, sausages and Northern Ireland – The deterioration in EU-UK relations over trade checks on chilled meats has sparked talk of a ‘sausage war’ – despite Boris Johnson insisting there is no crisis"
Bonus! The filibuster: why Congress needs to end the paralyzing process by Rebecca Schuchat.

Telegraph:

Lloyd Webber says he will risk arrest to reopen his theatres on 21 June

Matt:

Independent:

After Gillray.

Times:

Man who slapped Emmanuel Macron gets four-month jail sentence

Evening Standard:

Biden arrives with demand that UK settle Brexit row over Northern Ireland

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Boris's lockdown dithering

Also Clive Myrie to replace John Humphrys as Mastermind host

David Squires:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Paul really trying for Blower's crown there.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Joe Biden’s arrival at the G7 talks – On the day of a partial solar eclipse, the US president swept into Cornwall as a ‘breath of fresh air’, according to the G7 host, Boris Johnson"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Start of Euro 20201

Independent:

Editorial: If there’s one person who can end the Brexit ‘sausage war’, it’s Joe Biden

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... woke Prince Harry

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Is Peter Brookes trying to draw Joe Biden or Prince Philip?

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Paul, you're loving obsessed, mate.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's missing the obvious "Trap Diana's ghost in the Woke Hub, denying a decade of Express headlines."

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
At times like this I remember that piers Morgan hates Meghan and Harry because he was creepy stalking her when he had his show in America and kept inviting her on to it via her producers so she had no choice. Then he met her at a charity event and asked her out on a date, she freaked out and ran away from him and that was how she met Harry.

So when he says “we used to be friends” translate that to “#metoo”

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on world leaders at G7 – Leaders meet at summit in Cornwall against backdrop of EU-UK trade row over sausages and other chilled foods" After John Hassall.

Telegraph:

G7: Boris Johnson to face pressure from EU on Northern Ireland

Independent:

After Charles Garabed Atamian.

The i paper:

England’s lockdown easing on 21 June likely to be delayed by up to four weeks

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the England team taking the knee

‘Daddy ISN’T taking the knee – he’s lighting the barbecue’

Stephen Collins:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
gently caress off Paul, jesus wept I hope you spontaneously fuckin combust you tedious knob end