Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yeah really weird and racist to compare two Mexican wrestlers signed to the same promotions and famous for their work rate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
There seemed to be two lines of thought - how he would have liked Andrade to go back to more of a La Sombra thing than something more in line with his WWE gimmick, and him talking about the relative value of 'workrate' wrestlers who rely on their in-ring work to get over versus promo skills or whatever else. Maybe a third line of thought about "WWE castoffs" since he was spending a lot of time comparing Murphy/PAC/Andrade to one another, and Fenix was included as both a masked luchador and someone who Meltzer consistently describes as one of the most spectacular workers in AEW/the world.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yeah really weird and racist to compare two Mexican wrestlers signed to the same promotions and famous for their work rate

Seems to me that when a guy debuts and claims to be the "face of Latinos" you would naturally invite comparisons to other Latinos.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I just hope they don't have him steal any hubcaps to sate Dave's mad lust. Or something.

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

collocation posted:

I just hope they don't have him steal any hubcaps to sate Dave's mad lust. Or something.

maybe Dave can explain to me the difference between Mexicans and Puerto Ricans again and then tell me how one cares about Bad Bunny and one doesn't but then also New York Mexicans and Los Angeles Mexicans are different, y'know except do it for Cardi B.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

dont care

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

yea ok posted:

dont care

yea ok.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

seriously who's rereg are you

is that you again eugene

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
It's hardly racist when wrestling promotions have historically and continue to try to make stars out of ethnic minorities to appeal to specific audiences. WWE's been trying to find the next Rey Mysterio for how many years? Dave's stated several times that wrestling draws a large Latinx audience, it makes sense that any company would try to create a breakout Latinx star to cater to those fans. If you want to get more granular, since the Latinx population skews younger in age, it makes all the sense in the world that a promotion like AEW that's trying to appeal to younger people would try to have a star that checks those boxes.

It ultimately doesn't matter if the promotion is being as ethical and anti-racist as possible, the advertisers and the demos pay the bills and those demos are broken up by age, ethnicity, income, etc.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

would you say yuka is #1?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Thought I'd see more about the mexican jumping bean comment, even Bryan was taken aback by that one.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

SexMetalBarbie posted:

maybe Dave can explain to me the difference between Mexicans and Puerto Ricans again and then tell me how one cares about Bad Bunny and one doesn't but then also New York Mexicans and Los Angeles Mexicans are different, y'know except do it for Cardi B.

I have to reiterate, in 2019 I was in the DR 15 days for work and the only thing I watched was the music video channel, Bad Bunny had like 9 videos in full rotation and I saw all of them multiple times a day.

the only time I didn't see Bad Bunny or Daddy Yankee was when I used my work laptop to watch Triplemania so Sammy and Scarlett could talk about lizard people from the hollow Earth and then Blue Demon Jr hit Dr Wagner Jr with a cement block to take his hair extensions

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

SexMetalBarbie posted:

for fucks sake just ban him, its James Hetfield rereg

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

Lid posted:

for fucks sake just ban him, its James Hetfield rereg

my dude i was literally just joking about a dumb Dave statement, calm down. Jesus.

is this place always this on edge? the gatekeeping is insane lol, everyone jumping to try and figure out anyway to justify getting rid of any new accounts.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Not enough talk about Garrett's very funny idea to require Mayweather to weigh in at 170lbs to fight Logan Paul

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Not enough talk about Garrett's very funny idea to require Mayweather to weigh in at 170lbs to fight Logan Paul

Get him fat and easily blown up is absolutely the strategy I would use if I had to fight Mayweather. I mean, he'd still beat my rear end in seconds, but at least he might be breathing a little heavier afterwards.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i have no idea how boxing works but there is no wrestler who wouldn't be improved by getting real fat

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

SexMetalBarbie posted:

is this place always this on edge? the gatekeeping is insane lol, everyone jumping to try and figure out anyway to justify getting rid of any new accounts.

I see you don't understand why registering a few days ago then immediately going in on someone can be seen as you've probably been here before lol

As someone that has accused someone of being a re-reg before and learned my lesson after it was pointed out how wacky I sounded all I'll say is this: If you're not, lurk more before you start immediately hating on one of the forum's most controversial people

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 6, 2021

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Royal Updog posted:

i have no idea how boxing works but there is no wrestler who wouldn't be improved by getting real fat

Darby Allin?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Lardy Allin

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Helicity posted:

Darby Allin?

L.A. Park

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

SexMetalBarbie posted:

we've had homophobes/transphobes hound subforum members on and offsite and a ksa propagandist, so i'd say some subforum members are justified in being a little on edge

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
This is why normal people don't buy into the woke twitter Dave hatred for the record. Just another weird bad faith bad take from another over serious weirdo

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I could get into Big Darby

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Helicity posted:

Darby Allin?

Coffin Burger Drop

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
No, seriously, whose burner account is this dork?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

sleep with the vicious posted:

This is why normal people don't buy into the woke twitter Dave hatred for the record. Just another weird bad faith bad take from another over serious weirdo

If they actually listened and had any skill at audio manipulation, hoo boy, the lies they could have spread over the Grizzly Smith section.

But yeah, wolfcriers at it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwXUxgszF0

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

Do not even ask posted:

we've had homophobes/transphobes hound subforum members on and offsite and a ksa propagandist, so i'd say some subforum members are justified in being a little on edge

bruh i pointed out one statement Dave has said, if that makes you reflect on years of forum issues you've got something going on beyond me.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SexMetalBarbie posted:

bruh i pointed out one statement Dave has said, if that makes you reflect on years of forum issues you've got something going on beyond me.
We're trying a new thing here called Corrective Behavior where we tell people why their posts are bad instead of just chasing them off. Your posts are bad because you've come in from Day 1 trying to start arguments in almost thread you've posted in. That's bad, and hopefully you realize that sooner rather than later. Post more about the things you enjoy and less about the things you hate

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

RealFoxy posted:

We're trying a new thing here called Corrective Behavior where we tell people why their posts are bad instead of just chasing them off. Your posts are bad because you've come in from Day 1 trying to start arguments in almost thread you've posted in. That's bad, and hopefully you realize that sooner rather than later. Post more about the things you enjoy and less about the things you hate

posting "hey I liked blank match" 20 times is boring as gently caress discussion. it's not my fault saying I don't like Tommy end sets some of you off. this sounds like you're just trying to shutdown critique of things you like and want to only come here for affirmation about the fake fighting you enjoy which is so incredibly lame, I will never reply to you again or read a single word from you after this. be well.

e: the ignore list works great on here, awesome.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

SexMetalBarbie posted:

I will never reply to you again or read a single word from you after this. be well.

Well, don’t threaten us with a good time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SexMetalBarbie posted:

e: the ignore list works great on here, awesome.

It sure does!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Vagabundo posted:

Well, don’t threaten us with a good time.
I tried to give them the benefit of doubt :negative: I guess not everyone can be EMF

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SexMetalBarbie posted:

I will never reply to you again or read a single word from you after this. be well.

Is there like, a sign-up sheet? Do I have to call a toll-free number or something?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dorby Ollin.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i've never been here before either, and let me tell you i really hate the dark mode feature that i've just seen for the first time

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

i think a full day probe is a little excessive but man, uh, that escalated quickly

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Do not even ask posted:

i think a full day probe is a little excessive but man, uh, that escalated quickly

Not when they start arguments in every thread and are just generally abrasive. The post they were replying to was spot on.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
which metal is the sex metal? probably gallium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Well that was a wild weekend