Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I think his cop job was also one of those student resource officer gigs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Wark Say posted:

And given that some of the reports of him being a rapey shithead go back +30 years, I bet my guitar collection that he got shuffled out of/lost the majority of those jobs because of the aforementioned rapey shitheadedness.

Tbh I kinda suspect him getting shuffled out of half his jobs is just cause he’s not great to work with, like there’s that video from way back in the day of Schemmel and Strait ripping on him and i honestly can’t remember anything significant he did in a long while that wasn’t a reprisal except Rohan and that one RWYB character.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Violet_Sky posted:

How does one gently caress up that badly? How is he still around and making money? (White Privilege)

Sounds like he's not making that much these days. :v:

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Dr. Killjoy posted:

I think his cop job was also one of those student resource officer gigs.

Ah, student resource officers. For when you're so much of a gently caress up that other cops want nothing to do with you.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Thomamelas posted:

Ah, student resource officers. For when you're so much of a gently caress up that other cops want nothing to do with you.
Or for when you want to gently caress kids more than you want to freely murder people.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So, bad to the point that run-of-the-mill bastards want nothing to do with someone like you?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Thomamelas posted:

Student Resource Officers serve a very important function, they disabuse kids of the notion that cops are good or helpful in any capacity and teach children ACAB much earlier than they might otherwise learn.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

Tbh I kinda suspect him getting shuffled out of half his jobs is just cause he’s not great to work with, like there’s that video from way back in the day of Schemmel and Strait ripping on him and i honestly can’t remember anything significant he did in a long while that wasn’t a reprisal except Rohan and that one RWYB character.

I think that video is a pretty good example of what a piece of poo poo he was to deal with. The voice acting community seems to be particularly friendly with one another, but when Vic was outed as a pest, MAYBE two people in there defended him. Maybe? it's astonishing that a bunch of CHUDs assume this is all some deep conspiracy because Vic loves Jebus.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Everyone knew and has always known, he was just friends with the last CEO of Funimation so he kept getting work. Then that guy was gone, and it all came out.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah it's been an open secret for like 16 years, but he had kinda not done anything super big for a while. Then oh here comes a big starring role in Broly putting him back in the public eye.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I think that video is a pretty good example of what a piece of poo poo he was to deal with. The voice acting community seems to be particularly friendly with one another, but when Vic was outed as a pest, MAYBE two people in there defended him. Maybe? it's astonishing that a bunch of CHUDs assume this is all some deep conspiracy because Vic loves Jebus.
Pretty much. Hell, I remember back before I became a regular around these forums, within other online communities (mostly TV Tropes), back in, like, 2008 or so and "Vic Mignogna Con Horror Stories" was basically a constant topic any time his name popped up on the forum thread. Dude has been a known quantity about his homophobia and being a sex-pest in the anime community almost from the get-go (and he got a start as a VA in, like, the late 90's)

I remember Kyle McCarley (Alm in FE, 9S in Nier Automata, Ichimatsu in Mr. Osomatsu, Ryo in Devilman Crybaby) mentioning in a Q&A on twitch or a live-streaming site like that how when he first interacted with Mignogna during the Durarara!! x2 dubbing sessions (which was one of his first big-ish roles as Aoba) it was both a giant letdown and kind of an eye-opener when at least two of the ladies around his age who had like a decade of experience on him as VO-actors almost immediately went "NOPE!" when Mignogna asked people to join him for drinks. So yeah, that part of it being an open secret does not surprise me.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
So Vic was the Bill Cosby of anime dubs?

(I don't think Vic roofied anybody tho.)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Violet_Sky posted:

So Vic was the Bill Cosby of anime dubs?

(I don't think Vic roofied anybody tho.)

I don't want to sound like I'm defending Vic, but there's a huge difference between what he did and what Bill Cosby did. Vic is an rear end in a top hat I wouldn't ever want in a room with me, Bill Cosby committed rape probably several dozens of times.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Yeah, Vic's infractions haven't justified being indicted on several felony charges.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, Bill Cosby has been confirmed to be a serial rapist. While I am not giving Vic Mignogna any benefit of the doubt (dude was both a youth pastor and the type of cop that other cops want nothing to do with, after all), I'm fairly certain that the implication was that he was going to do all his harassing in the open.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
There were stories dating as far back as Gaia Online while the first FMA series was still airing that often circled around him getting too handsy with young girls, but as gross as that is, I don't think anyone's ever said anything that's cosby level about the guy. He just sounds super skeevy and gross.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

That’s what always sealed the creep factor for me on Vic: all the stories always felt like he knows where the line is, what he could get away with and still have plausible deniability if he ever got called out.

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

A local con announced Vic as a guest on Facebook a few weeks ago. They started actively deleting any negative comments (and there have been a ton), then had to turn off comments for a bit. Facebook indicates 90 comments, but only like 30 show up, does that mean 60 were deleted?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

FB has this weird thing where you have to keep pressing a view comments link or button to see all the comments.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
At this point I'm legit wondering if he even benefits from con-going all that much given that he's apparently still doing well enough to not loving bother and he hasn't even worked in any shows/games/etc. for 2 going into 3 years now.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Wark Say posted:

At this point I'm legit wondering if he even benefits from con-going all that much given that he's apparently still doing well enough to not loving bother and he hasn't even worked in any shows/games/etc. for 2 going into 3 years now.

Without the cons how does he get his fix of in person adulation though?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, after 2016-2020 I should know better than to count out attention-starved fuckfaces when it comes to someone getting their "fix"

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Wark Say posted:

So is he sitting on his rear end and getting free handouts? :ironicat:

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

I mean who would want to spend three days in a mall in NJ?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Is there a cinnabon there?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

gninjagnome posted:

Sounds right up Kevin Smith's alley.

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

bunnyofdoom posted:

Is there a cinnabon there?

Of course! Right next to the Vitamin World by the Burlington.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

gninjagnome posted:

Maybe he can call up Matt Gaetz and have a meet and greet by the Claire's next to Hot Topic

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/marzgurl/status/1399904205351972870?s=21

*700 club music*

Vic: “That’s right for just 50 dollars a day you too can sponsor

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
She looks 14-16. Clearly Vic's type.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I just recently began rewatching brotherhood and forgot vic was a pest and it's still a good show.

trip that nearly 60 year old man sounds like a child.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

*700 club music*

ew

Wasabi the J posted:

I just recently began rewatching brotherhood and forgot vic was a pest and it's still a good show.

trip that nearly 60 year old man sounds like a child.

The magic of voice acting.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Johnny Yong Bosch is 45 years old and still hasn't graduated high school yet going by his career, so it's not just limited to sex pests.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Alan Smithee posted:

*700 club music*

I'm not gonna make accusations, just raise a question nobody seems to have yet; How long do you think he's known her?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

David D. Davidson posted:

Johnny Yong Bosch is 45 years old and still hasn't graduated high school yet going by his career, so it's not just limited to sex pests.

No, he graduated in Turbo along with the other Rangers.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1401577641615007751?s=20

Good 2 year anniversary catchup

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm not gonna make accusations, just raise a question nobody seems to have yet; How long do you think he's known her?

https://twitter.com/paulbensonsucks/status/1401580291861385223

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, that reads like loving grooming. :stonk:

Like I know I shouldn't be surprised at this point but come the gently caress on.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yeaaaah, that's exactly the answer I was expecting... :sigh:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wark Say posted:

Ok, that reads like loving grooming. :stonk:

I think most of his interactions with fans that were also girls between the ages of 14-17 probably count as grooming.

The ones he didn't just flat out assault.