Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

tsob posted:

It'll be ten episodes long, yeah? That's half of them then, presuming there's no multi-part episodes I suppose. We still have shots of what appear to be other stories in the trailer though, including Bucky versus the Zombie Marvel universe, and Dr. Strange in some kind of story. I think those are the only two we have shots of that aren't explicitly covered in those synopsis.

What if speculation in the spoiler based off a leaked pic, so avoid if you want 0 spoilers.
I assume there is one or two episodes that have the characters team up as the Guardians of the Multiverse since a pic with all of them around that text has leaked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Not a fan of the new costume for Hulk in She-Hulk.

https://twitter.com/shehulkdaily/status/1400567251066044416

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

So, he’s staying Professor Hulk then.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

The_Doctor posted:

Fitting for a She Hulk series of they’re sticking to the comedy aspects, and I’m glad they are. I don’t think anyone cares for serious She Hulk stories. Give me dumb law drama involving wacky comic book situations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Edmund Lava posted:

Fitting for a She Hulk series of they’re sticking to the comedy aspects, and I’m glad they are. I don’t think anyone cares for serious She Hulk stories. Give me dumb law drama involving wacky comic book situations.

:doink:

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Edmund Lava posted:

I do want at least one berserk She Hulk episode. I need me Silver Age Slobberknocker fight.

Goddam, I want a The Thing vs The Hulk fight so bad.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

The_Doctor posted:

LMAO yeah I was wondering why he backpedaled so quickly on his full throated support of Palestine and this explains it lmao, Disney told him to cork up

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

LMAO yeah I was wondering why he backpedaled so quickly on his full throated support of Palestine and this explains it lmao, Disney told him to cork up

Somewhere, Gina Carano sobs into a baby yoda plushie

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

It's Anais the hulk side of she hulk?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Azhais posted:

It's Anais the hulk side of she hulk?

Possibly, or maybe stunts.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Marsupial Ape posted:

I do want at least one berserk She Hulk episode. I need me Silver Age Slobberknocker fight.

Goddam, I want a The Thing vs The Hulk fight so bad.

Abomination is in it so chances seem good.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Edmund Lava posted:

I wouldn't mind a few serious cases. I'd like She-Hulk to be the Marvel version of Boston Legal - plenty of wacky legal shenanigans and stunts with the occasional bit of drama (along with some super-heroine punch fests) mixed in.

Bonus points if they can somehow bring in a reformed (reprogrammed?) Ultron (with Spader's voice of course) to be robot Alan Shore.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jun 6, 2021

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Social media reactions (don't call them reviews) for the first two episodes of Loki are quite positive, though they almost always are for these things, so take that with a grain of salt. Actual review embargo lifts on Tuesday.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Everyone posted:

Bonus points if they can somehow bring in a reformed (reprogrammed?) Ultron (with Spader's voice of course) to be robot Alan Shore.

Why, why must you taunt me with wondrous things that I can never, ever have :smith:

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Twitter's little briefing on Loki news reads: "The reviews are in for the first two episodes of Marvel Studios’ Loki, which will be released on June 9 on Disney+"

Is that just poorly written or are they releasing two episodes this week?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

live with fruit posted:

Twitter's little briefing on Loki news reads: "The reviews are in for the first two episodes of Marvel Studios’ Loki, which will be released on June 9 on Disney+"

Is that just poorly written or are they releasing two episodes this week?

I'm guessing "poorly written." Because yeah, it's poorly written. I can't see them burning two episodes on one day when they have a total of six. Most likely what they meant to say was that critics have seen and reviewed the first two episodes of the show. They probably shouldn't have used a buggy version of Google translate to go from English to... I dunno, rural Klingon and back to English again prior to Tweeting their news.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'd love to see Charlie Cox brought in to the MCU as daredevil. Feels like a real missed opportunity if you don't have Marvel's two most famous lawyers on opposing sides in a court case, or on the same time teaming up against some evil corporation.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Rappaport posted:

Why, why must you taunt me with wondrous things that I can never, ever have :smith:

You can have them. This is why God Satan Azathoth created fan fiction.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

NowonSA posted:

I'd love to see Charlie Cox brought in to the MCU as daredevil. Feels like a real missed opportunity if you don't have Marvel's two most famous lawyers on opposing sides in a court case, or on the same time teaming up against some evil corporation.

Charlie Cox's Daredevil is the MCU Daredevil. He's supposed to show up in the new Spiderman film later this year.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Daredevil was such a special show that had some absolutely incredible stuff going on, it’s a shame the showunner just had no idea what to do with it

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bust Rodd posted:

Daredevil [NAME] was such a special show that had some absolutely incredible stuff going on, it’s a shame the showunner Netflix just had no idea what to do with it

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
the problem was the problem with all Daredevil media, in that they assume they have to eventually bring in Elektra, even though Elektra as a character drags down the quality of anything she's in like a black loving hole

e:
:hmmyes:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Isn't Electra literally Daredevil in the current comics

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
if she is I bet it sucks major rear end

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Geo Fixer posted:

Charlie Cox's Daredevil is the MCU Daredevil. He's supposed to show up in the new Spiderman film later this year.
I like this, but if they bring in anyone* from the Netflix shows, it should be D'Onofrio's Kingpin. Dude just brings so much gravitas. I can see him as a Klaue or Zemo type where he's not a galactic world-ending threat, but has a lot of machinations behind the scenes that are a thorn in the Avengers' side.

*I'd say Bernthal too, but unless they went full ACAB with him, portraying Punisher right now is kind of a problem.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jun 7, 2021

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

tbh if they portray Frank Castle as he is the comics he is not a fan of cops that are even slightly crooked.

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 7, 2021

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Floppychop posted:

tbh if they portray Frank Castle as he is the comics he is not a fan of cops that even slightly crooked.

He still sucks. The one Punisher comic I've read recently was a tie in to some event, I think a Thor centered one when I was reading Thor: God of Thunder. New York was being invaded by dark elves or something and he was evacuating people through a tunnel. He enlisted the help of some criminals, promising he wouldn't kill them if they helped him. They succeeded then he killed them. gently caress the Punisher.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Bleck posted:

if she is I bet it sucks major rear end

It's being written by Chip Zdarsky, so no.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
If the publisher was the guy who went after SUPERvillains with the intent to kill instead of just imprison them, then yeah, ok, I can roll with that

But as it is he's mostly going after low tier gangsters, drug dealers and stuff like that. He'd happily blow the head off dudes selling weed on some corner, which makes him really difficult to sympathize with or root for even as an antihero

[€dit] meant to say "the punisher" not "the publisher" lol

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Now I wonder if there was ever a superperson with that moniker.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

ClydeFrog posted:

Also Poe was MVP for both seasons.

Immortal AIs with ennui is hands down the best/only good new plot point that they came up with, and frankly I'd watch a whole show about that.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Murderbot Diaries when

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
There's some leaked set photos of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and he is wearing the Eye of Agamotto.

Thanos destroyed the actual eye and there is no time stone anymore. Did he somehow conjure a new one and is just wearing it as a sweet chain and fashion accessory now?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

There's some leaked set photos of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and he is wearing the Eye of Agamotto.

Thanos destroyed the actual eye and there is no time stone anymore. Did he somehow conjure a new one and is just wearing it as a sweet chain and fashion accessory now?

The word "Multiverse" is doing the work there, I suspect.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Collapsing Farts posted:

If the publisher was the guy who went after SUPERvillains with the intent to kill instead of just imprison them, then yeah, ok, I can roll with that

But as it is he's mostly going after low tier gangsters, drug dealers and stuff like that. He'd happily blow the head off dudes selling weed on some corner, which makes him really difficult to sympathize with or root for even as an antihero

[€dit] meant to say "the punisher" not "the publisher" lol

Matt Fraction's run was specifically this. At the start he kills Stiltman so he could murder a hunch of villains at the wake.

The aforementioned recent run did thus too, after the Frost Giant invasion Frank teams up with Foggy, The Black Knight and one of Thor's goats to kill various Nordic monsters that orphaned a bunch of children.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Azhais posted:

[NAME] was such a special show that had some absolutely incredible stuff going on, it’s a shame the showunner Netflix just had no idea what to do with it

Really, you think Iron Fist was a special show? :raise:

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I thought the entire point of Endgame was that they weren't changing time and that Steve returned the stones to exactly where they'd been before the time heist? I know there is/was some disagreement over whether the time travel involved actual alternate universes or not, but have they finally settled on "it was definitely a different universe"? Cause if so, then Strange's "1 successful plan" and The Ancient One giving Bruce the Time Stone seems kind of stupid in retrospect.

tsob fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jun 7, 2021

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Everyone posted:

I'm guessing "poorly written." Because yeah, it's poorly written. I can't see them burning two episodes on one day when they have a total of six. Most likely what they meant to say was that critics have seen and reviewed the first two episodes of the show. They probably shouldn't have used a buggy version of Google translate to go from English to... I dunno, rural Klingon and back to English again prior to Tweeting their news.

This is correct. only the first episode is premiering on Wednesday, but the first two episodes were made available to critics in advance

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Maybe it's the eye but it has something else inside it. Or if it's the time stone, multiverse, yeah. Or if you don't like stealing stones from other timelines, just say that Strange sent the time stone into the future to be used as normal, and then whoever is the final wielder of the eye at the heat death of the universe can just be the one to send the stone back in time to Thanos.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

tsob posted:

Really, you think Iron Fist was a special show? :raise:

Well, it was a "special education" show, anyway... (I'm not dunking on the differently-abled but I am definitely dunking on Iron Fist)

tsob posted:

I thought the entire point of Endgame was that they weren't changing time and that Steve returned the stones to exactly where they'd been before the time heist? I know there is/was some disagreement over whether the time travel involved actual alternate universes or not, but have they finally settled on "it was definitely a different universe"? Cause if so, then Strange's "1 successful plan" and The Ancient One giving Bruce the Time Stone seems kind of stupid in retrospect.

The story logic as I saw it was Strange's 1 successful plan was for the main MCU. Banner and company went back in time to borrow the various Infinity Stones. The Ancient One's initial objection to said borrowing was that if Banner took the Time Stone then her universe would become an alternate universe where Dormammu would come and eat everybody. Bruce countered that because they were going to put the Stones back right as they were taken once they were finished with them, that wouldn't happen. When Banner mentioned Strange giving the Stone to Thanos, presumably the Ancient One did her own super-fast future calculations and realized that if she didn't lend Banner the Stone her universe would progress to the main MCU and be doomed by Thanos anyway.

It's all kind of timey-wimey BS, but that's the "logic" as I'm seeing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Blink and you'll miss it, but Loki is now kind-of canonically confirmed as genderfluid:

https://twitter.com/LokiOfficial/status/1401569573455810561

One step closer to the horse pregnancy scene we all want :sickos: