Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Timely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
:synpa::synpa::synpa::synpa::synpa::synpa::synpa::synpa:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

The extremely condescending unwillingness to engage on the merits I think would turn me off even if I wasn’t already Grayzone sympathetic. Just acting like everything is beneath you and refusing to counter any factual assertions and instead responding with mocking derision doesn’t instill a lot of faith in their ability to back their poo poo up

I mean I know it’s because that’s the most effective way to control the narrative but it’s so hollow and clearly obfuscatory that I can’t understand how it works so well

I mean I know that the reason it works so well is that there’s a giant echo chamber supporting the CIA sanctioned narrative but it’s so obviously manipulative it seems like it should backfire

Lmao of course it doesn’t

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

paul_soccer12 posted:

Remember when Obama helped overthrow the only democratically elected president in Egypts history and then started illegally selling weapons to the coup regime

no but that sounds like our Obama alright

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

We were very careful not to call it a coup so that we could keep selling those weapons too

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Sometimes countries outside the US just elect the wrong government by mistake and the state dept is just correcting the error on behalf of the people.

Quite benevolent if you think about it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

HashtagGirlboss posted:

We were very careful not to call it a coup so that we could keep selling those weapons too

Gotta say that Sisi played his hand like a master to end up as the new Mubarak.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HashtagGirlboss posted:

The extremely condescending unwillingness to engage on the merits I think would turn me off even if I wasn’t already Grayzone sympathetic. Just acting like everything is beneath you and refusing to counter any factual assertions and instead responding with mocking derision doesn’t instill a lot of faith in their ability to back their poo poo up

I mean I know it’s because that’s the most effective way to control the narrative but it’s so hollow and clearly obfuscatory that I can’t understand how it works so well

I mean I know that the reason it works so well is that there’s a giant echo chamber supporting the CIA sanctioned narrative but it’s so obviously manipulative it seems like it should backfire

Lmao of course it doesn’t

remembering i used to get probied by him in the dnd middle east thread. and now, he doesnt care about responding people calling him out (elliot higgins aka brown moses), because he doesnt need these forums to spread his lovely propaganda anymore. nor does he need twitter, because he gets to be on telly nowadays. when he can be bothered take the time off the epstein express anyway

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/aaronjmate/status/1401567780793729027

Love them calling out the young neocon.. I mean young turks.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
posting in this cool thread for real journalists

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

speak of the devil lol

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1401721842428170241

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
i hope he will follow the example of fellow state dept employee vilerat

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

mods?!

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

indigi posted:

i hope he will follow the example of fellow state dept employee vilerat

i think this too, but a green dragon instead

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Brown Moses also changed the mideast thread title to "watch brown moses start a war".

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Lol if DnD provided the justification for regime change.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

Is Brown Moses not permabanned anymore?

Honest Thief posted:

the heck is a neocampist? a campus student?

During the cold war people tended to choose a "camp," which meant you were either with Moscow or Washington. There was a third camp of people who refused to side with either Washington or Moscow, and now nobody cares about them because they got completely swept aside by history anyway.

So nowadays when people make fun of "neo-campism" they are laying claim to the loser legacy of Trotskyite contrarians. Only this time their position directly lines up with Washington's agenda instead of merely supporting it materially. Washington's is the only real camp remaining in the world, so you're either with it or against it - yet the only people who get accused of being "campists" are anti-Washington. Go figure.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

libs really love that mean girls gif but wasn't that character the antagonist

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

Every character is the protagonist of their own story.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Holy poo poo

Nice posts

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
starting a pogrom to own the tankies
mean girls gif is pretty meta because that girl was obsessed with the main character and had a psycho plot to gently caress with her, seems pretty on brand

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Is Brown Moses not permabanned anymore?
During the cold war people tended to choose a "camp," which meant you were either with Moscow or Washington. There was a third camp of people who refused to side with either Washington or Moscow, and now nobody cares about them because they got completely swept aside by history anyway.

So nowadays when people make fun of "neo-campism" they are laying claim to the loser legacy of Trotskyite contrarians. Only this time their position directly lines up with Washington's agenda instead of merely supporting it materially. Washington's is the only real camp remaining in the world, so you're either with it or against it - yet the only people who get accused of being "campists" are anti-Washington. Go figure.

thanks
guess tankie just too much of an online term for such a respectable publication like thenation

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

wait the dude who founded bellingcat was a dnd poster?

is this real life

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

even worse, a DnD mod

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

Soap Scum posted:

is this real life

He was a loving mod

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Benghazi 2 but with brown moses and robert evans

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

turns out glenn beck was right and something awful is a cia op

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
He wrote a fraudulent book

https://twitter.com/PiersRobinson1/status/1357568131636613126

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The CIA + European intelligence agencies really lucked out when they found the roundest smoothest brain in D&D.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Also lol anne applebaum
Keeping company with a nazi propagandist is a bit on the nose but he gets paid too much to care

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Dr. Killjoy posted:

except even Iraq WMDs hoax argument is being circumvented today, what with the recent round of the narrative that “What a shame about those fake WMDs, that really tarnished what was actually a good decision to invade Iraq.” that’s been circulating in the mainstream press

You also see modern versions of this even from alternative media like “Wow real shame a right wing regime is murdering innocent civilians en masse, it’s really making people forget about the countless atrocities implemented by the despotic left wing government they oustered”

Part of it is that the children of those who planned and carried out the war in Iraq are now becoming journalists in significant markets. One of our more prolific local public radio producers is the child of an FBI agent who was an attache to Gen Patreus during the invasion and occupation. Gotta defend daddy's honor by denying death tolls and insisting on continued interventions

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Soap Scum posted:

is this real life

Max Blumenthal just retweeted this.

https://twitter.com/Goons_TXT/status/1201995705981767687?s=20

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
wait brown moses is British? lmfao

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
guess how much arabic/ukranian he speaks

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

a Loving Dog posted:

He's a disgusting little treatboy from terf teeth island

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

even worse, a DnD mod

Raiad posted:

turns out glenn beck was right and something awful is a cia op

i stopped reading DnD after everyone helped brown moses identify targets for the russians to bomb in syria and realizing that thread was all kinds of hosed up

a Loving Dog posted:

pale rear end honky

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

even worse, a DnD mod

Snake Dance posted:

He was a loving mod

Demon Semen posted:

Max Blumenthal just retweeted this.

oh my loving god hahahahahahahhahahahahahhhaahahhahah the world is so stupid

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

paul_soccer12 posted:

Also lol anne applebaum
Keeping company with a nazi propagandist is a bit on the nose but he gets paid too much to care

Don’t forget about the isis recruiter :)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Delta-Wye posted:

i stopped reading DnD after everyone helped brown moses identify targets for the russians to bomb in syria and realizing that thread was all kinds of hosed up
pale rear end honky

This website is so loving weird. Is this true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
oh my GOD lol i hadnt seen this timestamp