Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

They ride horses now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
All the rebels say I'm pretty fly

For a white guy

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Martman posted:

They ride horses now?

They shoot horses don't they now?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Not sure what that is but nicely previews a future Star Wars movie with chocobos when Disney inevitably buys Square

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind, I believe. Its manga goes far, far, far past the movie

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind, I believe. Its manga goes far, far, far past the movie

Is that what it is? I thought it looked a little like Berserk, though everyone didn't have immaculate, distinct armour drawn in excruciating detail. (RIP Miura)

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

It's one of miyazakis mangas and it's probably in the top 3 of all time imo

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz3zebIDcXU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

before i click this video and potentially give it views, is it explaining how a bunch of crazies did this or is it on the side of the crazies ive never heard of this account

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Jerkface posted:

before i click this video and potentially give it views, is it explaining how a bunch of crazies did this or is it on the side of the crazies ive never heard of this account

The former, he goes through them and calls out the various fake rumors and myths which get circled around.

He uses a lot of clips from the crazies which can be a little aggravating to listen to even if in the context of rebutting them. I've never regretted searching up "The Last Jedi" in YouTube and blocking every single channel in the list. (that plus "Captain Marvel" worked wonders for my recommendations list)

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
get outta here tljulaires, shoo, shoo

https://twitter.com/mrbrianfirenzi/status/1401561284940865538

https://twitter.com/mrbrianfirenzi/status/1401592646020349955

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I bet money that David Lynch enjoyed the prequels, if he saw them.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

He is the sort of guy who would be delighted by someone taking something normal and rudimentary to a regular person and by placing it in an alien environment make the normal and rudimentary thing strange and alien. So he’d definitely dig the diner.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Didn't he turn diwn directing Return of the Jedi because he couldn't handke the conceot of there being non-human sentient characters like the ewoks and stuff?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Cameo posted:

He is the sort of guy who would be delighted by someone taking something normal and rudimentary to a regular person and by placing it in an alien environment make the normal and rudimentary thing strange and alien. So he’d definitely dig the diner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJQ4vCu-S0U

He would not enjoy a conversation about general Grevious or dexter jettster

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Neo Rasa posted:

Didn't he turn diwn directing Return of the Jedi because he couldn't handke the conceot of there being non-human sentient characters like the ewoks and stuff?

I wouldn't be surprised, that's a weird blind spot to some Hollywood types. Like the execs making Transformers originally didn't want the Transformers to be able to talk.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

David Lynch came up with the concept of Jar Jar Binks.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

As a general principle, the people I like would definitely like all the things that I personally like

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

Jar Jar Binks came up with the concept of David Lynch.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

We-sa lives in a dreams, Annie.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJQ4vCu-S0U

He would not enjoy a conversation about general Grevious or dexter jettster

I, oddly enough, don't recall mentioning those characters at all? So I'm not sure what your point is

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

David Lynch gets headaches from Star Wars talk.

I was following the conversation.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I wouldn't be surprised, that's a weird blind spot to some Hollywood types. Like the execs making Transformers originally didn't want the Transformers to be able to talk.

There was a reverse of this with Michael Bay also with the TMNT movies he produced, IIRC when it was first being developed he was set on them being aliens instead of mutants.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

BiggestBatman posted:

Aight this thread is running out of steam. I'm gonna go start up a david cronenberg rewatch thread. Been meaning to do something like that.

Was thinking of starting with videodrome but in fact i think I'm gonna go watch the fly now

Go for "Shivers/They Came From Within". That's a beautifully hosed up piece of cinema.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
This is adorable, McGregor talking about his experience as an actor with the Mandalorian tech on Kenobi and how it contrasts with his experience on the prequels.

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008
I would like David Lynch to direct TWIN SHEEVES

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Two Sheevs, one Republic

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Two sheevs 1 CIS

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

really, honestly, when you think about it.... so much this....

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
No, not really

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol: but which way?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rian Johnson owns and I’m so happy he killed Star Wars for people.

But it’s okay to not like a movie.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

That DICK! posted:

really, honestly, when you think about it.... so much this....
it would have owned if he did that

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
so are they making another star wars movie or what

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Note that Rangers of the New Republic is on hold because it was going to feature Gina Carano.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
I mean they'll make something similar eventually, nothing can stop the lucastrain

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Mike N Eich posted:

so are they making another star wars movie or what

My uncle works at Lucasfilm. He told me Zack Snyder is directing a 4-hour Knights of the Old Republic movie with Keanu Reeves as Revan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
If I only had the photoshop chops, I'd make a version of that poster that's just "thing you said you like" in those 10 fonts