Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I periodically think of the video package where it shows Taichi with beers at home lounging around and playing fire pro while watching Naito win the IC title at Wrestle Kingdom. All time great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
this new rp3k theme is hella offputting to me & i dont know why

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

That mask is sick as all hell

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

take the moon posted:

this new rp3k theme is hella offputting to me & i dont know why
o nvm

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

The man of 1000 holds

Skull End, Skull End, Spinning Skull End, moonsault into Skull End, reversing a Skull End into Skull End, Skull End with bodyscissors, Skull End where the heads out but theyre pretending it isn't, something something paradise lock

You do realize that grappling is more than just slapping on a hold and calling it a day, right?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Well at least it's not Rocky rapping

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
YOHYOHYOH

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Well at least it's not Rocky rapping

If it were it'd be listenable

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Speaking of sick as all hell things

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Despy is so goddamn cool

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

a cyborg mug posted:

Speaking of sick as all hell things

I'd hope he's already recovered, personally

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Cerebral Bore posted:

You do realize that grappling is more than just slapping on a hold and calling it a day, right?

It's true, SANADA also has the Malenko requirement of a complete lack of personality.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Loving Hiromu bopping to the tune

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Two handsome boys

Well a handsome boy and a handsome skeleton

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I am so happy they put the belt on El Despy and let him just run with it finally, he's so loving awesome.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

SG Bamboo posted:

If it were it'd be listenable

i dont know if we need to have this convo but rocky, who is admittedly notorious and much more than glorious, is not v good at rapping

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Two handsome boys

Well a handsome boy and a handsome skeleton

Skeleton? Skeleton. Skeleton.....s. Can we get Penta vs El Desperado one day. Give me the book Gedo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

take the moon posted:

i dont know if we need to have this convo but rocky, who is admittedly notorious and much more than glorious, is not v good at rapping

Roppongi Roppongi Nights
Roppongi Roppongi Vice

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

YOH is trying to be Okada's little lovely brother now that a vacancy appeared huh

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

a cyborg mug posted:

Skeleton? Skeleton. Skeleton.....s. Can we get Penta vs El Desperado one day. Give me the book Gedo

I just had to check and Fenix v Ryu Lee have never had a singles match either which make it happen God

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i effectively have one usable arm but wanted to let people know the reason i haven’t been posting or updating is that i got hit by a “large suv” while on vacation. major issue is a broken arm. hoping to get surgery today but it may have to wait due tomorrow the hospital being busy

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

take the moon posted:

But have you considered such lines as 'Roppongi 3k 3k 3k. Roppongi 3k 3k 3k. Roppongi 3 Thousand is on the way. Rocky Sho and Yoh to save the day'
That real rap right there

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I think I like smug dick YOH.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Thauros posted:

i effectively have one usable arm but wanted to let people know the reason i haven’t been posting or updating is that i got hit by a “large suv” while on vacation. major issue is a broken arm. hoping to get surgery today but it may have to wait due tomorrow the hospital being busy

Proper sucks, hope you recover quickly friend

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Thauros posted:

Check the main NJPW thread for all the well wishes friend. Hope you get surgery soon so you can return with a more powerful posting arm than ever

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Marty asami you fool

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Thauros posted:

oh poo poo dude. hope you recover well. that does sound like a huge issue. cant imagine just hanging out with that

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God remember Desperado tearing his mask off and not giving a gently caress during his insane match with Hiromu?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Thauros posted:

we have all wished you the best, get well soon, and have been hunting Rikishi.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

drat, how did Henry O Godwin get his slop bucket under the NJPW ring and why was it empty?

I think BUSHI ate all the slop

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thauros posted:

So glad you're okay (as can be) Thauros, hope the surgery goes well!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I also like total dick Despy, but that's nothing new.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

God remember Desperado tearing his mask off and not giving a gently caress during his insane match with Hiromu?

Yeah, it was sick both times it's happened. Despy loving rules

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Jerusalem posted:

remember he did that twice, and the first time was Hiromu ripped it off and Despy not caring at all then slowly and methodically putting the mask back on after hitting Hiromy in the face with a belt

This man is a Star

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

drat, how did Henry O Godwin get his slop bucket under the NJPW ring and why was it empty?

I think BUSHI ate all the slop

It's the secret ingredient at his fired chicken resteraunt

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Marty Asamis incompetence will never not make me smile

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Maybe it's just confirmation bias but it does seem like Desperado isn't 100% yet

Jerusalem posted:

There's a reason that got voted MOTY over here and I think that was like half of it.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Thauros posted:

Hope you get better as soon as possible, we miss ya.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

YOH is good at selling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It sure will be interesting if they have Okada do a 30+ minute match so soon after having COVID