Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I can list it in AuD if you like.

Where you need a gold mine to be able to afford the games.

exquisite tea posted:

A device with 0 availability and 0 games, yet impossibly in demand. The robber barons of the last century couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect scenario.

I think Returnal + Ratch & Clank are worth having.

Not for $250 AUD combined though :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They raised the prices for sony first party on ps5 to 70 dollars and then decided for markets that were already paying that they could raise it even higher

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Has Returnal been selling ok?

I like Housemarque but pricing one of their games at £70 felt like a weird decision

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Still selling at around full price so it's either selling okay or it's not been out long enough for retailers to start wanting to get rid of stock.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Honestly it's probably the best time to release something like that, people who would normally never touch a roguelike desperate to play something that actually looks like a next gen game lol.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

see resogun

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If they gave Returnal away on PS+ I might have played it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

Finished Demons Souls yesterday and I have been thinking and mulling over that there are two From trilogies.

DS1 - DS2 - DS3 is the obvious one.

But ALSO

DeS - BB - Sek is a trilogy, with a clear progression in terms of gameplay, style and improvements.

I want to think about this more but I think the Alternate Trilogy is the best one.

if i may, i think its

des - ds1 - ds2
and
bb - ds3 - sek

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

but also in reality even tho sekiro comes from the bb line its by itself

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sekiro is the natural successor to Ninja Blade

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Do you think we'll ever get an Armored Core game again

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

goblin week posted:

Do you think we'll ever get an Armored Core game again

I'm not even an armoured core fan and i hope so!

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
What ever happened to Armored Core? I miss Armored Core. :ohdear:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They were always niche, the last couple (or more) were a mess, From struck it big with a popular game formula and can now only do that.

Looking forward to sitting at cyber bonfires if they ever make a new one.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Lastdancer posted:

What ever happened to Armored Core? I miss Armored Core. :ohdear:

Into the Breach

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Grouchio posted:

What the poo poo.

It's listed for $60 on Amazon USA.

Where are you?

Aus yeah

we get absolutely loving shafted for games prices, and pretty much every publisher under the sun jacks up prices to ridiculous levels

excuse used to be the variance in the exchange rate, so it was particularly egregious a few years ago when the USD and AUD were 1:1 and the cost was just as high.

getting harder to justify the longer time goes on tho, $125 for a game just sits in my craw as too loving much

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Just had to double check the price of Returnal where I'm at, and with current exchange rates it is indeed selling for the 103 USD on the Playstation store right now

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

on my ps4 i basically bought nearly everything digital on the us store bcos it made it so every game was on a 30-40% discount depending on exchange rate with gbp lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i think therhe was a point where i would buy a brand new game in usd and it would cost me £32 instead of £60

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I used a cd key site to get re2 remake for like 28 quid at release and i felt like a highway robber

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Do you have to buy psn gift cards on US amazon for that?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
This means nothing to me, but I know you people love this stuff.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah, if you change your address on ur amazon account to just a random us one itll let you buy us psn cards with a uk/eu/whereever card. please remember to change your address back after so you udont ship something to the random american address you put in. i assume this still works but i havnt done it in a while

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Finished Demons Souls yesterday and I have been thinking and mulling over that there are two From trilogies.

DS1 - DS2 - DS3 is the obvious one.

But ALSO

DeS - BB - Sek is a trilogy, with a clear progression in terms of gameplay, style and improvements.

I want to think about this more but I think the Alternate Trilogy is the best one.

As much as I love the Dark Souls games, I definitely agree that the other trilogy of From games is the better one. Each of those games is one of my favorite games of all time. It's hard to explain this feeling for games with such hostile worlds, but booting up any of those three just has this weirdly welcoming feeling, like I'm coming to some sort of video game home. The other games that give me that feeling are much more understandable--relaxed fantasy games like Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy IX--but for some reason, Demon's Souls and Bloodborne especially are like, "ah yes, I'm home, time to kick back and have a nice time."

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, I really liked what I played of the Souls trilogy (beat 3, got the lord vessel and to Manus in 1, idk where I stopped in 2) but Bloodborne is the one that really made me think, “man, this is an amazing game, no wonder people dump hundreds of hours into this”. Then again that’s partly cause BB’s only non-chalice dungeon flaws are running out of vials and not having more robust options for NG+ so you can start with a fresh character but with all the badges that let you buy the sick late game weapons.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I like EVERYTHING about Souls games except the bosses. I'll take stat check/puzzle bosses over pattern and timing memorization.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bosses are what I like most about Souls games, it's the everything trying to kill you every 10 feet that annoys me.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dark souls has character builds

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Elden Ring really gonna gently caress up these Fromsoft trilogies

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

When it arrives in 2032.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Referenced, but doesn't appear.

Grant continues to be robbed

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Greta of Dynasty is essentially Grant.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Ohhhhhhh

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

This is how it is in my head! The new trilogy will be an offshoot of Sekiro :)

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

This is how it is in my head! The new trilogy will be an offshoot of Sekiro :)

Please no. I want character builds and different combat options.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I want the sickest combat in videogames like Sekiro had

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I played and beat Demons souls
I played like an hour of dark souls 1
haven't played 2 or 3
Played a couple of hours of bloodbourne before getting bored of it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Andrast posted:

I want the sickest combat in videogames like Sekiro had

Sickorio

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ds3 cant be in the same line as ds1 and ds2, its too fast and has no real build options

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ds3 has builds, whatcha talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Maybe we shouldn’t be rule-of-threeing every little thing