Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Yeah wait no longer than 6 months to go see a doctor. A simple $20 blood test can tell you all about your hormone levels etc. 1 in 20 (5% of) women have mild hypothyroidism which is 100% cured by a tiny pill that's almost free, with no side effects, and can fix several fertility issues, for example. An ultrasound can tell you a whole lot as well

KirbyKhan posted:

Never lose hope, always be bangin

New thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Academician Nomad
Jan 29, 2016

Hadlock posted:

Also up until about 50 years ago, most of humanity has been drinking some small amount massive quantities of alcohol during their entire pregnancy and society hasn't collapsed yet
Fixed.

In 1830 the average American drank the equivalent of 6.25 shots of hard liquor a day. That's up from a mere 5.1 shots per day in the 1770s. (Mostly consumed in ciders and beers rather than shots, but easier to compare as shots). There wasn't any really widely known connection between pregnancy and drinking until fairly recently.

Much of the world still drinks (actually) some small amount of alcohol during pregnancy with really not that bad of an effect. The US is super moralistic about this because US drinking culture is also really binge-y and toxic (not as much as the Brits maybe, but worse than the relatively healthy glass-of-wine-with-dinner drinking elsewhere).

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Do babies become more efficient at nursing over time? Lil Spacepup is 2wk 2 days old and was nursing for much longer spans of time in the very beginning (think like 5-6 hr per day total) but it's now like 2-3 hr total per day. I am still feeding her every 2-3 hrs and as needed and she is producing an appropriate amount of diapers. I know her latch is also getting much better because it doesn't really hurt at all anymore.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

hallo spacedog posted:

Do babies become more efficient at nursing over time? Lil Spacepup is 2wk 2 days old and was nursing for much longer spans of time in the very beginning (think like 5-6 hr per day total) but it's now like 2-3 hr total per day. I am still feeding her every 2-3 hrs and as needed and she is producing an appropriate amount of diapers. I know her latch is also getting much better because it doesn't really hurt at all anymore.

Yup! They get way better at it. With my first, feeds got down to about 7 minutes or so when they felt like rushing and they still took plenty.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

BadSamaritan posted:

Yup! They get way better at it. With my first, feeds got down to about 7 minutes or so when they felt like rushing and they still took plenty.

Awesome, thank you! That's a huge relief to hear, just as much as the much shorter feeding times have been a huge relief too.

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour
I had my little boy on June 1st! I was in early labor for about 12 hours, and active for only about 4, and with 4 pushes he was out! SO MUCH BETTER than my first baby, she paved the way for him!

My daughter is over the moon with him and is being such a good big sister. Now I just have to deal with solo parenting for 12 hours overnight, every night. Currently powering through on 1.5 hours of sleep. The emotions are hitting HARD.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Koivunen posted:

I had my little boy on June 1st! I was in early labor for about 12 hours, and active for only about 4, and with 4 pushes he was out! SO MUCH BETTER than my first baby, she paved the way for him!

My daughter is over the moon with him and is being such a good big sister. Now I just have to deal with solo parenting for 12 hours overnight, every night. Currently powering through on 1.5 hours of sleep. The emotions are hitting HARD.

I'm really happy to hear that your labor went smoothly and without complication! On the other hand I'm again so sorry with what you're dealing with, and having to go through this alone now. Is there any kind of family or community support you can lean on at this time?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Friends, we have recently learned that we're going to be reproducing! My faulty birth-math tells me due date will be mid-Feb sometime but we have our first appointment this week so we'll see if I did the math right or not. So basically I have 8 months to sufficiently resemble a functional adult.

As I'm sure isn't uncommon, I'm equal parts elated and terrified at the prospect of being a dad. So I'm trying to get my head wrapped around everything. I have some (possibly dumb) questions in no particular order that I'd love some thoughts on:

- I have purchased three books on Amazon! They are as follows:

1) Baby Owner's Manual which I bought bc I feel like the illustrations will keep me from making fatal errors like accidentally binding my child into a small but perfectly round ball
2) We're Pregnant! which I straight up bought bc the illustration of the guy on the cover describes perfectly how I feel
3) Brining Up Bebe which I bought bc it's mad controversial but there are a few items in here that align with how my wife and I plan to raise our kiddo so I figured I'd read it for perspective

....any other book recommendations? I know that parenting books are at the same time divisive and often considered nonessential, but if nothing else having some info/knowledge as a foundation will make me feel more prepared - but what should I definitely read?? Also any thoughts about these three?

- Names. My wife and I have been discussing baby names for years. And we really haven't landed on any we're both super into. I know there are a million websites, I have googled this, but anyone have any favorite places to browse names?

- Circumcision. When I spawned in the 80s it was basically a non-issue; pps get snipped, for reasons. My understanding is that now there are... other views? I'd like to educate myself on the pros/cons but not sure where to read for a neutral perspective

- Baby gear. This probably goes more into the Parenting thread, but if anyone has any suggestions for must-have bb gear (or must-have care-for-pregante-wifey-gear) I'd love to hear it

- Any resources in general? I've checked out the links in the Parenting thread but didn't know if there were any specific to helping my partner through pregnancy or anything relevant to the before-birth-times

- My wife and I were discussing how to do the announcement; my idea is to print a copy of the ultrasound and with the caption "GUESS WHAT WE'RE GETTING ANOTHER CAT!!!" but my wife isn't sure this is appropriate - does this seem inappropriate?

Thanks y'all, and feel free to give me ANY unsolicited dad-related advice

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Congratulations! As far as books go, for pregnancy I've liked the Mayo clinic guide as a convenient reference book (probably no info you can't find online, but in convenient, vetted book form) and Expecting Better for an economist's view of the statistics regarding decisions you have to make. I think she includes a chapter on circumcision but we're having a girl so I haven't double checked. For post birth I'll probably get the Mayo clinic guide to the first year and Cribsheets, which is basically the newborn to toddler follow-up to Expecting Better. We don't have anything dad specific; my husband hasn't been interested in specific dad books and when I've looked out of curiosity they all seem like gender essentialist "men don't even know which end the baby shits out of" bullshit.

Baby gear discussion can go in either thread, this one covers the fourth trimester too.

Also I think that birth announcement idea is fun but I wanted to use a photoshopped u/s of a chestburster in ours so my taste may be suspect.

Emily Spinach fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jun 7, 2021

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Woop thanks!

Mayo Clinic guide and the economic book both sound great, will grab 'em for sure - and yeah most of the dad-specific books look sorta lame/patronizing but I'm hoping to glean as much "holy poo poo your partner is pregnant how do you help" knowledge, seeing as how there's lots of "holy poo poo i'm pregnant what do i do" knowledge out there

Though full disclosure...

Emily Spinach posted:

"men don't even know which end the baby shits out of" bullshit.
...this is why I got the illustrated user manual!!! :science:

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Congratulations!

Seconding Expecting Better- her baby book Cribsheet was one of my favorite resources and talks to both parents, which is kind of refreshing.

I liked Nameberry well enough for baby names (their ‘if you like this name you might like these’ lists were pretty decent) but tbh pretty much every site is at least kind of garbage.

Baby gear- remember it will always be there to buy with quick shipping if you decide you want it. You’ll need a crib/bassinet, car seat, basic clothing, diapers/wipes and not much else at first. Have some diaper cream, a thermometer, and Infant Tylenol on hand. Take everything home from the hospital that you can. Postpartum supplies are key for mom’s quality of life in those first few weeks.

That said, gerber flannel burp cloths are the best ones imo (you’ll use more than you think) and side snap onesies are fantastic for the noodle necked newborn phase.

boquiabierta
May 27, 2010

"I will throw my best friend an abortion party if she wants one"
Re: circumcision. I'm a nurse who worked for a few years in postpartum/well newborn and I assisted a LOT of circumcisions. My advice to parents who weren't sure what to do was basically: it's a personal, cultural preference and either way is fine. The medical consensus these days seems to be that there may be some minor benefit to circumcising in terms of hygiene but I honestly don't feel like it's a significant issue where there's clean water and good hygienic practices.

Personally I would not circumcise any baby of mine with a penis (and we didn't) because I've seen how much the procedure HURTS and I feel it's an unnecessary surgical procedure with risks. OTOH the risks are pretty minimal and it's definitely better to circumcise as a baby than later in life. Also, I think it's okay to do things simply because that's the dominant cultural practice. But my husband (who is circumcised) and I never understood the "he needs to look like Dad!" line of thinking. If our son notices that his penis looks different from Dad's one day, we'll explain that bodies are different in all sorts of ways, and isn't that cool? And I really don't think it'll be an issue.

Book recommendation: "Like a Mother" by Angela Garbes. It's the only one I made my husband read too.

Silent Linguist
Jun 10, 2009

BadSamaritan posted:

That said, gerber flannel burp cloths are the best ones imo (you’ll use more than you think)

This. Buy what seems like a lot of burp cloths, and then double it. Especially if baby likes to spit up.

We also like the bandana-style bibs. Our baby has worn one basically every waking hour of his life so far. Good for catching spit up. (Yes, he’s 7 months and still spits up occasionally. Can’t wait until that phase is over.)

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Sooo my wife is 27 weeks pregnant. Baby has been diagnosed with IUGR since early in the pregnancy (overall in the 1st percentile, but my wife is South Asian and also very short which can skew things a bit), but everything else has progressed normally.

That is, until out routine OBGYN appointment last Thursday, when the nurse took her vitals, had a puzzled expression, and went to see the doctor. After the ultrasound, the doctor asked us to stop by the hospital since her BP was high (about 180/90 iirc). He said that we might he there for a few hours.

Well, “a few hours” turned into “the remainder of your pregnancy” once they peeked at the protein levels in her urine and diagnosed her with severe preeclampsia. Since then her BP has bounced all over the place, and no medication seems to be able to keep her BP down for more than 8 ish hours. So now it’s a balancing act between keeping our daughter cooking inside my wife for as long as possible while also keeping my wife’s BP out of the danger zone. The doctors keep telling us that the goal is 34 weeks, but I just don’t see that happening given how her body has responded to the meds so far. I’m rotating spending nights at the hospital with my wife’s sisters and mom…I loving hate seeing her so uncomfortable and stressed :(

Bouillon Rube fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 8, 2021

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

black.lion posted:

Friends, we have recently learned that we're going to be reproducing! My faulty birth-math tells me due date will be mid-Feb sometime

- Any resources in general? I've checked out the links in the Parenting thread but didn't know if there were any specific to helping my partner through pregnancy or anything relevant to the before-birth-times

Thanks y'all, and feel free to give me ANY unsolicited dad-related advice

Congrats

Check out "what to expect" on youtube, they have a video for every week of pregnancy, once a week we would watch "our week" and then watch 2-3 weeks ahead. They always say "every pregnancy is different" but for us these were generally spot-on. Also it shows a photorealistic view of what peanut looks like this week. Today's Parent has a weekly pregnancy series too, it's animated and the animation is actually quite good/funny

Unsolicited advice: get the kikaroo peanut changing pad, and build your changing station around that, also starting around week 25 your wife will randomly go crazy, just.... deal with it, it'll pass, she's building another human being, that's just the price of admission. About five or six times she got really wound up with paranoia and I just had to leave the room, it's ok, it will pass. But most of pregnancy is fun

Don't tell anyone but your absolute closest friends your preferences about natural childbirth vs c-section, & bottle vs breast milk, people will judge you and can shut down conversations immediately. If you don't live in at least a 2 bedroom apartment already, definitely consider doing so soon. You don't need to worry about schools and great neighborhoods just yet, that's many years away, but you'll definitely notice the space immediately.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Oh yeah if I had to do it again I’d definitely get one of those keekaroo things. We’ve given up on having a clean changing pad cover at the main diaper station. Wipeable anything is the way to go.

Also if you don’t have in-unit laundry definitely prioritize that in any move you might be planning. We do so much more laundry now.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

When did y'all start buying stuff? I'm at 23w2d and other than the curtains I'm making and the rug I ordered earlier, we haven't bought anything yet. Probably not going to have a shower.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

You should absolutely set up a registry. Put a couple of big ticket items on there like a Snoo, Uppababy stroller, kikaroo peanut, for the grandparents and your office to chip in to buy, and then a bunch of other sup-$50 stuff like pacifiers, bottles etc

Our first stuff from the registry started streaming in around week 26 and I think we bought/assembled the crib around week 32. We didn't actually start using the crib until week +8, but having the crib, changing station, and rocking chair in place, as the father, made me feel a lot more comfortable about being ready for the baby

Other unsolicited advice,

Do put 4x as many light blankets on your registry/buy them yourself, you can never have too many, and they're the only thing your kid won't outgrow in the first 4 months

Don't put an assload of 0-3mo baby clothes, especially newborn baby clothes on your list, you'll get plenty of hand me downs, and by week 2 you will be so tired you won't care that you're putting your boy in pink hand me downs, or your girl in blue onsies

Kids grow out of pajamas with enclosed feet 3x faster than ones without, pajamas with closed feet are 3x cuter though, and are ideal for traveling on airplanes. When ours was 3 months I bought the 9-12 month pajamas, no regrets

Baby socks are basically disposable, I have bought three dozen pair, I think we still have three pairs left. Don't even bother with newborn socks, just jump to 6-9 month socks. Tiny baby socks are too much work to put on, big giant oversized socks are where it's at until they can crawl reliaby, which is month 7-11 typically. Plus if you buy them all large, you don't have to figure out which socks are too small as time goes on. Getting baby ready with undersized clothes is exhausting, as is sorting out too small clothes from the pile

This oxo product is the One True Baby Wipe Dispenser: https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Grips-Wipes-Dispenser-Flushable/dp/B00L9X5W9G/

Accept no substitutes

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 8, 2021

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Sleeper gowns are the best thing to put a newborn in for night time. It's a lot easier to change a diaper in a half dazed state.

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

to human behaviour
I choose not to circumcise my son (who is a week old today!) because it’s just not necessary. Also, I’ve seen circumcising in real life and it absolutely broke my heart, there’s no need to cause a brand new baby so much pain, and diaper changes are painful for them until it’s healed up. I also had a friend whose son had a botched circumcision, he bled for a few days and his penis is going to look odd forever.

Cleaning under the foreskin doesn’t become a thing until the kid is older, until then the foreskin is pretty close to the head of the penis and acts as a mucus membrane to protect it.

In other news, holy poo poo, going from one kid to two is DIFFICULT.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Koivunen posted:

I choose not to circumcise my son (who is a week old today!) because it’s just not necessary. Also, I’ve seen circumcising in real life and it absolutely broke my heart, there’s no need to cause a brand new baby so much pain, and diaper changes are painful for them until it’s healed up. I also had a friend whose son had a botched circumcision, he bled for a few days and his penis is going to look odd forever.

Cleaning under the foreskin doesn’t become a thing until the kid is older, until then the foreskin is pretty close to the head of the penis and acts as a mucus membrane to protect it.

In other news, holy poo poo, going from one kid to two is DIFFICULT.

Did the same choice for both of mine. I got to go to my nephew's bris and hearing the scream made me even more completely sure I was noping out of getting that done.

And, yeah two kids start outnumbering adults way faster than linearly.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
As a child of the 80s who wasn't circumcised, I am still alive and have procreated one(1) baby upon a woman and have also experienced zero hardships in my life relating to that. My dad was circumcised but he and the doctor had a talk with me at age, maybe 8? 10? something like that about how important it was to make sure I washed under the foreskin.

Wasn't an issue with the baby we have right now but I'm pretty firmly in the "no circumcision" camp myself.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Eh, I circumcized because I was circumcized and I was circumcized because the 90s doctor told my immigrant ma it's what all Americans do.

It was the only thing that cost us money. The doctor showed up to our room to swipe our card for it. Madness. But, also, deeply American.

Sinecure
Sep 10, 2011
So, yesterday morning my 36w pregnant wife lost a little blood. Presumably the mucus plug, we had been told 'first-time parents often needlessly stress about getting to the hospital in time', so wasn't too worried. Still called the doctor, he told us to go to the hospital in case it persisted.

Around 4 in the afternoon it happened again. Went to the hospital, wife was put on a monitor, 15 mins in her water broke. It was at this point the nurse told her that she was 2 cm dilated. I rushed home (we were going to pack/prep this weekend), got back 45 mins later to a now-6 cm dilated wife. Baby was born less than 3 hours after we got to the hospital. Little dude had to spend the night in NICU since he's technically still pre-term but is doing great & breaking hearts already. A++ would recommend.

(FWIW we don't circumsize in Europe)

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Hey I have a weird medical question...

(I'm up with insomnia and anxiety on a SCUBA certification trip...)

You're not supposed to SCUBA dive if you are pregnant, or think you may be pregnant, and of course SCUBA is a risky sport on its own... So the recommendation may be out of caution and lack of information.

But what does science know about the effects of SCUBA on a fetus? Is the increased pressure to the abdomen the concern? But the increased pressure is even over the whole body... Is it because of air pockets within the pregnant woman and compression being a greater concern? Is it something to do with nitrogen *narcosis ("the rapture of the deep")? I could imagine increased mylenation in pregnant people's brain increasing that risk.

Thanks for listening to my anxious questions. I am just wondering for the future...

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

An article from pubmed I found says the fetus isn't protected from decompression problems and animal studies have shown issues. Human studies are more reassuring, theoretically, but also not good quality studies so probably not to be relied on. Also gear might not fit as well due to body changes in pregnancy. It does also say that if you go scuba diving in early pregnancy you're probably fine.

Also congrats Sinecure! That's very exciting and I hope he doesn't have to spend too much time in the NICU.

While I'm here, a question for folks. I'm at 24 weeks today, and on Tuesday I started getting a lot of pressure on my right abdomen, under my breast. It's worse when I'm sitting for long periods and later in the day. I saw the midwife on Thursday and she checked my liver for enlargement (which sounded fine), so since my bp is fine, it doesn't actually hurt, and I don't have any other symptoms of preeclampsia we're just keeping an eye on it. Has anyone else had something like this?

Emily Spinach fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jun 12, 2021

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Emily Spinach posted:

An article from pubmed I found says the fetus isn't protected from decompression problems and animal studies have shown issues. Human studies are more reassuring, theoretically, but also not good quality studies so probably not to be relied on. Also gear might not fit as well due to body changes in pregnancy. It does also say that if you go scuba diving in early pregnancy you're probably fine.

Also congrats Sinecure! That's very exciting and I hope he doesn't have to spend too much time in the NICU. (Although some friends who had a baby last year said he had to go to the NICU for the first week because there was an infection scare--the baby was fine, thankfully, and they got to sleep through the night for the first week of parenthood.)

While I'm here, a question for folks. I'm at 24 weeks today, and on Tuesday I started getting a lot of pressure on my right abdomen, under my breast. It's worse when I'm sitting for long periods and later in the day. I saw the midwife on Thursday and she checked my liver for enlargement (which sounded fine), so since my bp is fine, it doesn't actually hurt, and I don't have any other symptoms of preeclampsia we're just keeping an eye on it. Has anyone else had something like this?

YES. It was my son's foot jammed up high. Continued on until he came out and that little section was not as affected by the epidural, it kinda sucked.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

YES. It was my son's foot jammed up high. Continued on until he came out and that little section was not as affected by the epidural, it kinda sucked.

Haha, oh dear. I thought I'd felt her kicking down near my pelvis earlier (and my husband finally got to feel her move--whenever he tried before she'd immediately stop moving), but maybe she was punching.

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009

Emily Spinach posted:

Haha, oh dear. I thought I'd felt her kicking down near my pelvis earlier (and my husband finally got to feel her move--whenever he tried before she'd immediately stop moving), but maybe she was punching.
Could still be kicking - the pressure I felt under my right ribcage was my son's butt.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Edit - disregard please, this is more complicated and I'm reaching out to the doctor.

hallo spacedog fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 13, 2021

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

WrenP-Complete posted:

But what does science know about the effects of SCUBA on a fetus?

Somewhere between nothing, not much, and vanishingly little. Acquiring more data would almost certainly violate all sorts of ethical codes, and is unlikely to ever happen.

Seriously, the biggest provider of (public) dive physiology research is probably the US Navy, who has precisely zero reason to study the effects of diving on pregnant women. I agree that the advice to not dive when preggers is likely over-cautious, but diving (even simple non-deco recreational diving) while knowingly pregnant is a pretty high risk/low reward kind of proposition.

Just snorkel until ya’ll pop the little bugger out. There’s a ton of spots that actually have better snorkeling than diving, anyway. :)

Source: Am a diver, partner is a divemaster, attempting reproduction so far without success.

the_chavi
Mar 2, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hi nerds - i'm 26 weeks pregnant with what has otherwise been a normal pregnancy, but in the last two days, some weird poo poo has been happening. My belly bump has started riding a lot lower (hard to explain but my profile is noticeably different), and the kid has been active but in a strange way... kind of hard to describe, but the kicking and wiggling just doesn't feel normal. (This is my second kid.) I'm wondering if the kid is switching from transverse to up-and-down, which seems a little early but not worryingly so, according to Dr. Google. Here's the real rub - I'm staying with my parents in BFE Arkansas for a month between leaving one overseas job and starting another one later this summer in a different country. I don't have an OBGN here, and when I've tried to get in to see one for my routine checkup, they can't see me for at least a month. How freaked out should I be about this? Again, the kid is clearly still wiggling and kicking at a normal clip, but it just feels odd to see my belly suddenly ride a few inches lower than it has been.

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
I wouldn't be worried about it at all personally, it just sounds like they are moving around in a new position and it feels different. I'm not a doc or midwife though, just going off my experience. Does your insurance cover a phone/video visit with a an ob you have seen before?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Maybe call your old OBGYN and see if they can get you a referral through a back route for a quick early morning ultrasound or something? Do no harm and all that. I think I read somewhere that second pregnancies, the baby settles much earlier, but I'm probably wrong.

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
Nearly 12 weeks, all day nausea, a total failure of my lower oesophageal sphincter to keep food where it should be, and gut motility at an all time low. I eat to try and ease the nausea and then it sits in my stomach for hours, blorping back up into my oesophagus ominously. Eating smaller meals does nothing because it isn't going anywhere, it just accumulates. I don't know if it's good or bad that I'm not really vomiting? Just feeling like vomiting all the time.

This is a quiet hell I didn't experience in my first pregnancy at all.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
My wife is almost at the same point in pregnancy (11 weeks), same sort of issues. A cocktail of pepcid, gasx and tums seems to mostly help but it's still a total crapshoot as to whether she'll make it through the day feeling alright. Hope things start to get better for you.

Silent Linguist
Jun 10, 2009

How long did it take y’all’s periods to get back to normal after giving birth? I’m on my sixth BC pill pack (8 months PP) and my period still insists on coming in the middle of the pack instead of during the reminder pill week. And it drags on for like 8 days. I’m starting to wonder if my body just doesn’t like this particular pill.

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

to human behaviour
I breastfed and didn’t get my period for 14 months PP, but when it came back it was SUPER heavy, and my cycles were 6 weeks apart. That wasn’t on any BC though, but it never normalized before I got pregnant again. Hoping I can make it another year plus with no period this time around, it was super nice.

the_chavi
Mar 2, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Heh. I delivered my first kid right before Trump was inaugurated, and as soon as my doctor gave me the post-partum go-ahead, I got a IUD implanted because I was afraid it would be removed from my health plan benefits. So basically no periods post-partum until I started trying for my second...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Celebrating passing the 1 hour glucose test with a bowl of ice cream.