Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If you're doubting my credentials RE: School=Dumb, I come from a family of entirely school teachers except for me. The people teaching your kids? They're dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Gumball Gumption posted:

If you're doubting my credentials RE: School=Dumb, I come from a family of entirely school teachers except for me. The people teaching your kids? They're dumb.

My wife is a teacher and she's phenomenal (both in the classroom and with building relationships with her students)

The reason that's possible is because her class size is typically 10-15 kids (it's a local public school/home-school partnership). Like the poster said on the last page, the problem isn't school it's how they are run.

Learning owns, and I wish I wasn't a completely dogshit student when I was younger.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
you all doubted hangman

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

I have friends who are teachers and from the dumb poo poo they say...yeah, teachers can be dumb AF

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
whose dream, exactly?

why is hunter chewing gum during this, anyway?

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1401601898403225605

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Joel watched WWE as a kid and HHH and HBK were some of his favorite wrestlers growing up so its a dream come true for him.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Give a poo poo, read some poo poo. You don't earn unless you earn.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

TV Zombie posted:

Joel watched WWE as a kid and HHH and HBK were some of his favorite wrestlers growing up so its a dream come true for him.

Ah, see, I though he was just an HBK fan. I guess my weirdly cynical side thought it was akin to when WWE has been, like "You don't want X, you want Y" and they were like "Ah, well, HHH has an H in it"...

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/malcolmvelli/status/1401934258424451078?s=21

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://twitter.com/showbuzzdaily/status/1401954789076791296?s=21

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Marty the Moth is going to stream his wedding on Twitch

https://twitter.com/martincasaus/status/1401959085977706504?s=20

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

StarkRavingMad posted:

Marty the Moth is going to stream his wedding on Twitch

https://twitter.com/martincasaus/status/1401959085977706504?s=20

I have seene exactly 2 Marty the Moth matches and I love this dude. Mazel tov

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Tonfa posted:

please grant the move its proper name, death rider, when out of its pg prison

also that clip kicks rear end

AEW, known PG Prison.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Evil Badman posted:

AEW, known PG Prison.

It's actually known as the Death Rider west of the Mississippi and Paradigm shift when east of the Mississippi. Japan famously being west of it while the GCW show was in the east.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

It's only a Death Rider in the Deathridérre region of France. Otherwise it's just a sparkling elevated double arm DDT.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Looks like Kylie is headed to the NWA:

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1401644320927617028

(don't read the replies)

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I hate to say it but I don't think Kylie will stick around too long.

Either because NWA folds, or lovely fans, or both.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I don't understand why anyone would sign onto a fed with only like 4 women in it but I guess NWA is pretty lenient with indie dates / working with AEW to shore up their anemic roster.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

I don't understand why anyone would sign onto a fed with only like 4 women in it but I guess NWA is pretty lenient with indie dates / working with AEW to shore up their anemic roster.

Given that she walked out of AEW due to pressure of being a national star (we think), might be a feature rather than a glitch

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Does Corgan have enough money he can just keep shoveling into the NWA with like triple digit PPV viewers?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
^^^I bought Mellon Collie and the fuckin boxed singles set, so yeah, he's probably doing ok money-wise unless he hires some real grifters.

Kylie has a lot of personal stuff going on that is absolutely none of our business so I will reiterate this:

she leaves the wrestling to go fight for us. She wins the battles that no one else can. Kylie Rae is our greatest hope from the threats beyond space and time.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Pinche Rudo posted:

Does Corgan have enough money he can just keep shoveling into the NWA with like triple digit PPV viewers?

He's got 1979 money

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I hope she does fine and makes good experiences.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

IGgy IGsen posted:

I hope she does fine and makes good experiences.

This. I hope she has whatever was stopping her previously under control and hope it's a positive experience for her.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

As someone who marked out when Kylie made her appearance at Warrior Wrestling last weekend, go Kylie. Be happy, and if you can spare a moment to share your performances with us I'll be there.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I hate to say it but I don't think Kylie will stick around too long.

Either because NWA folds, or lovely fans, or both.
I would think the reason you'd want to escape NWA quickly is because I've literally seen community college theater with better production values than Power.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Pinche Rudo posted:

after that loving ending to the latest PPV idk how much more rope they can be afforded

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

The_Rob posted:

I was talking about this post.

I don’t like sweary wrestling, sorry. I think it’s all a bit try hard. So seeing Zack Ryder appear and give it the “gently caress YOU!” to those in attendance and the camera is too far a juxtaposition for me, personally. However, loads of people on here and Twitter seem to enjoy it so good for them.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
https://twitter.com/TheMattCardona/status/1401920961910292483?s=19

Just an efficient bit of heeling.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
ECW original is excellent trolling.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

“GCW Universe” is just a chef’s kiss turn of the phrase as well. Good for Matt, I hope Gage doesn’t Arquette him.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is the most fun and interesting Cardona has been in a long time. His brief AEW stint did absolutely nothing for me, but this is all just loving great.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
This is indeed good.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Pinche Rudo posted:

He has the publishing rights for all of Smashing Pumpkins and half of Hole, he'd probably be richer than Joe Rogan if he didn't waste money in the normal way anyone with that much money would waste it

Ganso Bomb posted:

This is the most fun and interesting Cardona has been in a long time. His brief AEW stint did absolutely nothing for me, but this is all just loving great.

The shoulder rolls and reveal were a huge pop. (edited out some poo poo lol) this angle has some drat heat.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Good for Matt, I hope Gage doesnt Arquette him.

it looks like he cuts his hand pretty badly - I can't see where so probably cut it on some stuff on the mat...

amateur

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

does anyone have a link to the "honestly whatebaklasjdn Dave Meltzer" post handy so I can show it to a friend

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

https://twitter.com/ImChelseaGreen/status/1401676204781051905

God drat it (also, is this type of post legal? It's basically advertising)

https://twitter.com/GlennJacobsTN/status/1401878684991209472

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 8, 2021

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

really something that a guy who has been on TV for 30 years, is currently an elected official, is tagging a brand, and is tapping a vein of constant outrage so powerful it got elected president can only get two thousand likes on a layup like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Karma Tornado posted:

really something that a guy who has been on TV for 30 years, is currently an elected official, is tagging a brand, and is tapping a vein of constant outrage so powerful it got elected president can only get two thousand likes on a layup like that

Might be because of the less than stellar PR rep of the franchise

Or maybe not too many people are looking to hear Kane's non kayfabe thoughts